My idea for a new game: Steam Greenlight Simulator 2014!

To win the game: Spend several years making a fun, balanced, mostly bug-free game, marketing carefully, and trying not to go broke as you debate the pros and cons of bundling for greater awareness and quicker but lower profits, while anxiously waiting and hoping for the final payoff. It may take years of playing, adding new features and building up a fanbase, but eventually you just might win the game!

Alternatively: Put up whatever you want, maybe an old programming class project where you press space bar to jump rope, or some virtual ducks in a pond that you can feed 8 different kinds of bread crumbs - then offer free Steam keys when Greenlit. Congrats, you won the game!

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

They should combine Grass and Goat simulators. Something like L4D's Survivors vs Zombies but with Grass vs Goats.

9 years ago

clash of the worlds of sorts... now that would make amazing simulator.

but then again it would break indie devs code of honor (one where game with simulator in its name is not allowed to 'simulate' more than one thing at a time) :D

9 years ago

bird simulator would be better \

9 years ago

Paint Drying Simulator is the next new thing. Can't wait to watch paint dry.

9 years ago

I was a bit disappointed when I saw Tree Simulator and found it was another cheap joke. Because, really, you could actually make an interesting game about the life of trees. They have their ups and downs too, they just live much slower than us. That's just the sort of thing a game engine can easily overcome with some time acceleration. OK, admittedly Forest Simulator is probably more interesting, but even so, you can get a lot of mileage out of a single tree. Actually putting effort into the best tree simulator ever makes for a much better joke, too.

9 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by Nerney9.