Hello, as you probably got from the title I do giveaways, and quite a bit of them, on every video I post on my channel I have a giveaway.
I post 3-4 videos each week, if you are interested you should check it out, my latest video has the giveaway still open link
how to enter the giveaways is explained in each video and may vary from video to video, but usually it requires leaving a comment and being subscribed, I pick a winner using random.org about 36-48hrs after the video is uploaded.

also if you like videos about videogames this channel has probably content you might enjoy

update 13.07 new video about Path of exile, with an other giveaway! link

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

"leaving a comment and being subscribed,"

Yeah, I'm out.

1 decade ago

well if you dont leave a comment how am i supposed to know who wants to enter? and being subbed doesn't seem to be that bad since i want to reward my "viewers"

1 decade ago

Why do you want fake subs?

1 decade ago

well maybe a few might be fake, but from the stats i see that most people come back to watch more

1 decade ago

What if they only watch for giveaways and skip to the end because your vids suck?

1 decade ago

that too, with youtube you can see what parts of the videos are watched more, and i can tell if people do that (and they dont)

1 decade ago

I don't remember the last time I've heard a lie that big...

1 decade ago

if you want i could actually show proof i only need to take a screenshot at the analitics

1 decade ago

here is prof there is a bump where i put the annotation to "skip to gameplay" but no1 "skipped" to the end for the giveaway

1 decade ago

Sorry, didn't know about that feature...

1 decade ago

=] no problem eheh

1 decade ago

Wow.. no need to be rude to the guy. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of people who do these types of giveaways but that doesn't mean I'm going to outright tell him his videos suck. Took a brief look at his videos and they're not that bad. If you don't like the videos then mind your manners at least.

1 decade ago

Thanks for being nice XD

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

ty

1 decade ago

np XD at least 1 person liked the idea here XD

1 decade ago

youtube

Yeah, I'm out, too.

1 decade ago

please write in the title next time Youtube

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

no need for a new thread XD could just edit this one =]

1 decade ago

Subscribe? People still ask for this? Low.

1 decade ago

i think that just about... every1 that makes videos on youtube asks for subs XD. I mean when you spend 4-5+ hrs of work on each video + money to get games that are not free to play, having people watching and enjoying the content kinda feels good XD yanno?

1 decade ago

What are you trying to say?

1 decade ago

that i like it when people watch my videos and enjoy them.

1 decade ago

Make a good video someday. And stop asking for subs. Then you will like it even more.

Edit: Sorry for being a douche, your videos are good. I'm not going to subscribe, but keep in mind that I support you. If what, let's talk in Steam.

1 decade ago

well from what I can tell by reading the comment people are linking my videos, so far i got something like ~300 comment total, and on all of them only 1 was negative saying "his voice is g@y", all the others were really nice comments =]
also if you dont like my videos tell me why, I always try to improve by taking as much feedback as I can, i am still new on youtube so I know that I will make mistakes and probably a ton of them.

1 decade ago

Good job. I can't explain, but I hate you a little bit less now. :)

1 decade ago

XD thanks =]

1 decade ago

You're welcome?

1 decade ago

Exactly this. Please someone can close this useless thread?

1 decade ago

it actually isnt against the rules XD i asked to support

1 decade ago

If I sound condescending or anything, please note that tone doesn't come across well in text and that's not how I mean it at all.. but to be honest, I have a small youtube channel of my own (around 1075 subs now) and I can truly say I don't really care that much about subscribers. Probably because I do the videos more for myself than for others.

Having lots of subscribers doesn't necessarily mean they watch your videos either so you shouldn't be so focused on just getting subs. As someone mentioned before, these antics just get you false subs who just sub to you for the giveaway then never watch again. Maybe you'll get one or two people who will watch but I doubt it. As both a video maker and watcher I generally don't get a good impression of people who just grab for subs because that just tells me that they're more interested in attention than producing anything good.

1 decade ago

While i would love to be able to make videos just for fun if I dont get to the point where the videos makes back the money for the game I will have to stop making videos because I will simply do not have the money to get all the games, even now i only cover games that are free to play or less than 20$, also having subscribers at the beginning is importart, or no1 will actually find the video, im doing giveaways because I dont know of other ways to get attention, posting in random forums will get you banned (tried) and the same is with chats, so this is the solution I found for now.
(if you have other ideas Im open to feedback)

edit: could you post a link to your channel? im curious XD

1 decade ago

found your channel XD nice voice =]

1 decade ago

lol thanks. Though you probably think I'm a 12 year old or something. People often make that mistake ._.

Anyways, I can see how things are difficult for you since you do reviews. You make one or two vids at most about one game then move on.. But perhaps if it's so difficult for you to keep that going, then it isn't what you should solely be doing. One of the best video game video models is tutorials since people who want to know how to do a certain thing will be actively searching for a video about it. If you make, for example, a review video AND a tutorial video or two for one game then that's more profit than you'd have with just the review vid.

Again, if just one model of videos isn't working for you then you should perhaps think about expanding.

Also, I'm not the person to be asking about advertising YouTube channels lol. Beyond sometimes mentioning here and there that I have a YT channel (when relevant) I don't actively advertise at all. :P

1 decade ago

nha i dont think that you are 12yrs old XD maybe 21?

and thanks for the suggestion eheh, I am thinking about what other type of content I should do and tutorials did pop up in my mind a could of times, the only kind of content i do not want to is blind let's plays XD (I nothing wrong with people doing them and i also watch some of them), If im ever going to do a let's play I want to give more informations about the game than the ones you would get just from watching the gameplay alone but right now I do not have enough time for that (with university exams eheh)

1 decade ago

Others have posted this already, but here goes:

gift

Noun: A thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present.

You, on the other hand, are asking for subscriptions in return. You're buying your subs. I believe that defeats the purpose of... wait for it...

SteamGifts

1 decade ago

The title is misleading report thread ;P

1 decade ago

I edited the title when chaost requested it... i dont see how its misleading (now)

1 decade ago

while I see where you are coming from, I dont think that asking to sub = paying

1 decade ago

Those who sub are indirectly making you earn money.

I don't know enough about the Youtube business, but I know enough to get a general understanding.

Subs, although unrelated to the actual earnings, are supposed to get you closer to becoming a Youtube partner, with all the benefits of its pay rates. With a constant flow of viewers (attracted by the chances of winning a game) you get a constant monthly view rate, thus... profit.

Admittedly I don't have enough facts to back me up on this, but I don't foolishly believe that you're making charity out of this. Call me cynical.

1 decade ago

I am currently making 0$ from my videos, actually I am loosing money on them(price of games is usually not 0), I am not a partner so right now your comment doesn't stand.
(ofc my plans for future are to get partnered but i dont really know if its going to work out)

1 decade ago

"currently" "right now"

That's why I think that you're doing this for profit. You're "currently" not a Youtube partner, therefore you're searching for giveaway participants in order to boost the subs and, at the same time, hope that the word spreads about your channel (if it's good and interesting to the public) with a possible aftershock of new submissions.

What you're doing sounds like an investment.

Look, I have nothing against your market strategy, it's just that I find it inappropriate here.

In the FAQ it states:

"Do not ask for any sort of payment/exchange in order to enter a giveaway"

I'm not entirely sure if it breaks that rule, but it's in a 'grey zone' which I still consider wrong.

1 decade ago

i dont think it breaks the rules, because he is not asking/making you pay to enter a giveaway on this site

1 decade ago

People always forget about the other word after the backslash:

"Do not ask for any sort of payment/exchange in order to enter a giveaway"

Now, let's paraphrase all that the OP said previously into:

"Join my giveaway in exchange for a submission to my channel"

He's not forcing you, ofc, but you won't be entering the giveaway if you won't and he'll still be obtaining a view, regardless.

Anyway, there's no point in insisting any further.

1 decade ago

I mean this is the 1st time some1 told me that it broke the rules, ill try to get in contact with the admins and ill ask =]

1 decade ago

Good. I appreciate your good intentions (and overall politeness to my harsh comments), but you should've read the rules and asked the mods before doing what you did; to be sure that you weren't breaking any rules.

La legge non ammette ignoranza.

1 decade ago

was that from google translate or do you speak italian? XD

edit: btw i did read the rules first and I didnt think asking for subs was against them, might be wrong there, thats why i submitted a ticket to support

1 decade ago

Yes, I'm Italian.

Scusa se mi sono comportato da stronzo ma quando qualcosa sembra nascondersi dietro un profitto velato mi scaldo.

1 decade ago

XD non ti preo ahah cmq anche io sono italiano =]

1 decade ago

Lo sapevo già. L'hai scritto in un altro commento su questo thread :)

1 decade ago

got an answer from support:
Hichigo (Support) (32 minutes ago)
Hello, gokalex.
You are allowed to post it, as long as it's not a referral program or made in a spammy way. If video material is NSFW, please warn users about it.

1 decade ago

I was wrong all along then. From now on I'll shut up about it.

Doppiamente scusa.

1 decade ago

ahahah dont worry XD i wasn't 100% sure too =]

1 decade ago

che atteggiamento...

1 decade ago

Cosa insinui?

1 decade ago

haters gonna hate ^^ peace bro

1 decade ago

EDIT: Bah, whatever, I'm just making things worse.

1 decade ago

sorry <3

1 decade ago

i wasnt disputing the fact that he's asking for something in exchange for a giveaway, i was just pointing out that i dont think its against the rules because its not a giveaway here on steamgifts, its a giveaway on youtube

1 decade ago

I then asked to support and they said it was fine =]

1 decade ago

then voila :)

1 decade ago

yup =]

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

what's with the accent. PFPFPFPFPFPPFPF try learning a proper S :DD

1 decade ago

Sorry XD im not American or English eheh (I'm Italian)
Im trying my best not to speak with an "accent" but its really hard XD

1 decade ago

What's with you being a dumbass? Everyone has an accent, including you asshole.

1 decade ago

while every one has an accent you can still try to sound more "proper"

1 decade ago

ok done

1 decade ago

=]

1 decade ago

Accept my invite on Steam, I need to talk to you. :)

1 decade ago

done =]

1 decade ago

I don't understand how this is allowed when referral links are against the rules. It's not the same exactly but equally annoying.

1 decade ago

At least he gives you good videos and free stuff, why are you complaining?

1 decade ago

I will soon start to complain because that's the third time (or more ?) he did this thread and he's not going to stop.

1 decade ago

this +1

1 decade ago

btw this -1 XD

1 decade ago

I asked to support and I am allowed to post here =]

1 decade ago

thank you!!!

1 decade ago

np =]

1 decade ago

thanks

1 decade ago

no prob =]

1 decade ago

Nice and informative review of FireFall. Gives a good look at the game (playing it too).

Too bad i´m not into that YT-subber thing. I sub things i really want to see, not some random "okay" stuff. Anyway, keep it up!

1 decade ago

"I cannot play the focus of this game, but here are a bunch of names of games you've probably played included in sweeping vague statements that tell you very little about the game, while playing footage."

Don't get me wrong, the footage made the game look good, but 0 sound, and fairly bland non-informative remarks about the game? Meh.

1 decade ago

That´s why it´s just "okay", nothing more ;)

Sure, a review would be much more detailed, but for a random YT video it was , as stated before, okay.

1 decade ago

these are not actually "reviews" because to make a review i would have to actually finish the game, i guess they are more of a first impression of a game, and that is why this series is called intro the game (an introduction to a game)

1 decade ago

Good video :D

1 decade ago

thanks =]

1 decade ago

new video is out! check it out XD

1 decade ago

wow great! thanks