So I've seen this go on sale at a few different shops and was thinking about picking one up. Some of the reviews I've seen say the 9-12 buttons on the side don't work and others say they've had no issues and it works great. Anyone here have one and if so how do you like it?

Thanks!

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

If you buy an Razer you should be aware that sometimes the buttons will make problems...mostly the first and second button, but i would not wonder when the sidekeyboard from naga would make problems too in near future...would think about it...im razer addicted :D left hander and i like high sense...

/edit: ...mostly it is just the trigger, little bit paper under the button and it will work for the next years xD...

1 decade ago

Would be my first time buying anything from Razer. Just never felt the need to buy a gaming keyboard or mouse before. Have parts to put together a new rig coming in though and figured why not you know?

1 decade ago

When anything happens you can send it in(think you have one or two years warranty, dont know yet)...just wanted to "warn" you that you must, maybe, fix your mousebuttons in 1-3 Years...or never :D my first diamondback works like a charme, never needed that fix...and my brother use that mouse this days...

1 decade ago

Getting 1-3 years out of it would be plenty for me. I already upgrade the PC on a similar schedule as it is.

1 decade ago

Razer is an overpriced turd. The end.

1 decade ago

Any alternatives with similar features? I saw a Logitech with about the same level of customization and buttons but it was $20 more.

1 decade ago

Roccat Kone+ maybe. It's not exactly inexpensive either, but has quite a lot of buttons, all of which can be doubled as a second one. You have a shift button to alter the others.

Also one of the most sexy mouses you'll see.
It's pretty customizeable in all aspects. Original Kone had scroll issues, but it seems to be fixed in the +.

1 decade ago

I had button 9-12 problems but a firmware update fixed it. Sometimes I do have my mouse 'jump' left or Up every once in a while. Kind of annoying, but not game breaking. Works well for MMO's and other games where you need a lot of buttons to use and macro.

1 decade ago

I am currently on my third Naga not sure if unlucky or they are not built to last but they have a two year warranty and Razer has sent me a replacement both times. So if you do get one keep keep your proof of purchase.

1 decade ago

Thanks for the tip I'll hold onto the box and receipt.

1 decade ago

I really don't get mice with this shitload of buttons... I have a Steelseries Sensei, and barely use the two additional on the left side - Everything else goes with the keyboard. Granted, I mostly play FPSs, but still...

1 decade ago

Well in an MMO, for example, you might have 10+ abilities and other utility powers or whatever to use. So, its easier to hit buttons on the side of the mouse then to hit the number keys on the keyboard or whatever. For FPS, its pretty useless since you usually have Aim+Shoot on mouse and just throw grenade, stab, crouch, etc. So you need a lot less buttons overall. It really depends on the game or your playstyle.

1 decade ago

This pretty much. It's more for MMO and DotA type gameplay is what I'd be using it for.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Kandemic.