January 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ January 29th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† February 5th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Total Tank Simulator

• Japan receives {449434} - can be redeemed only in Japan, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Israel. It's unknown whether the other countries from this list receive the same region-locked sub or a ROW key.
  • Everyone else: {192045} (can be activated anywhere)

Premium and Classic customers receive all games.

It is the 6th month in a row for this promotion.

Free DLC to claim:

!addlicense asf 252822,323317,518529,512234

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
PC Building Simulator 94% of 23303 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/621060 W 1 $19.99
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey 79% of 2485 - ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/536270 W 0 $39.99
Pathologic 2 92% of 3724 โค ๐Ÿ† 5.25 CV app/505230 W 0 $34.99
Warhammer: Chaosbane 52% of 1883 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/774241 W 0 $29.99
Total Tank Simulator 79% of 2610 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/674500 W 0 $19.99
SONG OF HORROR COMPLETE EDITION 83% of 805 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV sub/451636 W 0 $29.99
Not Tonight 86% of 1028 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/733790 W 0 $19.99
Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York 80% of 321 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.95 CV app/1279630 W M L 0 $12.99
Tales of the Neon Sea 81% of 975 - ๐Ÿ† 2.55 CV app/828740 W 0 $16.99
Minoria 85% of 865 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/940910 W 0 $19.99
Deleveled 100% of 27 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.50 CV โš™๏ธ app/1045580 W M L 0 $9.99
The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines 100% of 16 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV โš™๏ธ app/1171660 W 0 $14.99

โš™๏ธ - Steam is learning about this game, therefore some features will be limited (no card drops, achievements won't count, the game will not give a +1 to your library etc.) More Changes Addressing Fake Games

Retail:

• $269.88

CV:

Humble Original / Extras: Heeey! Park-Boy

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

๐ŸŽŠ Happy New Year, everyone! ๐ŸŽ‰

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Itโ€™s maybe time I stopped buying games and started committing to playing the library I have. But not today...
[New subscription] Ancestors and Pathologic 2 are some amazing headliners and a good start to what I hope will be a successful year. It would be silly not to subscribe, even if past months had better promotions.
[Maybe subscribe] I am 50/50 about the games featured in this month's bundle. Will need to think this one through.
[Pause / Backlog] Here we go again, playing "Pausing My Subscription Simulator"โ€ฆ
[Cancelling / will not buy] I find it better to spend the money on a game or two off my wishlist (especially due to ongoing winter sales) than on these monthly bundles.

I feel like I have become part of the Backlog Eliteโ„ข club. I don't really care for the games here (grabbed Vampire in a split though), I have 6 giveaways on my front page where 3 are ending within an hour and I barely have any games on my wishlist anymore.

Damn Switch however, rare sale for Mario Kart and Super Mario Odyssey and I'll have to pick up 3D All Stars before the deadline... that'll hurt my wallet enough.

3 years ago

rare sale for Mario Kart and Super Mario Odyssey

Why don't you get a second-hand physical copy? Much cheaper than new or eShop prices.

3 years ago

+1

If you buy it second-hand for some good price, you can then also sell it again and get almost all money back.

3 years ago

My experience from checking before is that second hand copies just end up at the same price as when they go on sale online with the added stress of being fast in contacting the seller or bidding on auctions. But maybe I haven't checked properly either!

3 years ago

Cheap second hand copies of Nintendo games? I guess it might be a region thing because in my experience, unless they are 3rd party IP games that no one cared about, they either hold value or sometimes go up :/.

3 years ago

I got Let's Go Eevee at GameStop for 75% off. Physical ones often go on sale.

3 years ago

Ya but Let's Go Eevee wasn't that popular, especially when you compare it to the Pikachu version which doesn't get as big as a discount. Same could be said for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, though it has bounce back up a bit in the past few months. I don't deny that less popular Nintendo games go on steep sales every now and then, but Nintendo is very strict and does not like seeing their games getting big discounts. You are very unlikely to see popular titles go for more than 50% off, 2nd hand or new. Once they go off circulation, they start to creep back up and can even surpass their retail value. Something I learned the hard way collecting DS games ;-;.

3 years ago

True, I'm just saying that second-hand buying can be way cheaper depending on the game and when you buy it. Especially since Nintendo literally never puts their games on sale. They will, however, allow the games that they approved to be in their shop to go on sale.

3 years ago

I only get physical copies of Nintendo games if they exist. Did it for the 3DS and doing it for the Switch.
I went on a shopping spree for my kids and myself in December. I got Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Zelda: Breath of the Wild for 25โ‚ฌ each, Astral Chain and Fire Emblem: Three Houses for 30 each, all in mint condition. I also managed to get a sealed copy of Super Mario Odyssey for 35, but not from a shop.
Exclusive Nintendo games are never cheap but unless you don't want to carry the cartridges around, getting second-hand physical games is the best way to go about it IMO.

3 years ago

every month is getting worse....wtf is happening...no AAA games...pc building simulator.....

3 years ago

That bundle looks good as far as I'm concerned... I see a few game I would like to play so, yes, I'll bite.

3 years ago

OK, that's why 36$ for 6 months...

3 years ago

happy cake day

3 years ago

For 6usd can't really complain (0.5usd per game),

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Varied levels of interest in 10 games out of 12, good bundle :)

3 years ago

I was apparently among the few here who were enthusiastic about December's bundle, which sported a whopping 10 titles that were in my wishlist, so it was very unlikely something like that would repeat soon. In fact, this bundle is something I'd classify among the "just enough" - some games I really wanted and worth getting it, along some others that aren't really for me... in the end however the only true sore thumb is Chaosbane with that low user rating on Steam.

3 years ago

Although I have 6 games on wl they are not higher priority ones, so it is the middle of the road for me. For discounted price it is ok though.

3 years ago

Only interested on ancestors and PC, but don't know how group buys works

3 years ago

You go there, look for somebody selling in your region (category: Bundle Splits), and then you try to be fast enough to be the first to request this game in the aforementioned somebody's thread. Then you add each other, have a friendly chat, exchange Paypal adress, pay, receive game, done.

3 years ago

are prices fair most of time? Should I wait grey market for best price?

3 years ago

They are, most of the time. It's actually a group rule. Profit making is forbidden. However, with the pricing chaos Humble has created it totally depends on the person selling, and moderation is sparse, but it's still okay and moderating itself. The games you are seeking go for 1 - 2,5 $/โ‚ฌ.

Edit: Both games are the main titles from the bundle. I doubt they will drop that cheap on grey market sites, but as I can't look into the future, I do really not know ;)

3 years ago

Well, I demand you to have super powers and see the future

3 years ago

You can also choose to "host" a bundle split yourself, meaning you buy/will buy the bundle and look for buyers for the games you don't want.

I don't like the hassle myself but sometimes it's the only decent way to get the game you want and get rid of leftovers. Not sure how popular ancestors will be but it might be difficult to bid for due to being the 1st time its bundled, pc simulator is a rebundle so it is likely easier.

3 years ago

thank you for the info

3 years ago

I paused last month, and am back in the saddle with this one. Five from the wishlist, I think it was, and that even takes into consideration that I already have Song of Horror (oh well). A couple I'm not sure about, but overall this one is full of personality. Happy New Year!

3 years ago*

Noticed my games/DLC count didn't changed when I activated the january games. Same happened with the December games 2 weeks ago.

3 years ago

Only 5 of these are in learning status, so the others should add to the count. However, whenever you activate something, the count gets also reduced by recently banned games.

3 years ago

I have PC Building Simulator and the rest of the games do not interest me so this time is a pause for me.

3 years ago

would you mind explaining to me the allure of that game? I don't get it, and would love to know why people like it

3 years ago

I bought it in a bundle and I have not played it much so I cannot explain exactly why people like it so much although I suppose because you can build the computer of your dreams but this game is not really accurate, there are many more factors to have In addition to the hardware (at least what I have tested in the few hours of play that I have is related to the hardware) when building a computer. So personally I don't find this simulator as realistic as others.

3 years ago

I honestly get sad when people dismiss bundles like this, or maybe I'm just an odd one.

Pathologic 2 and Song of Horror are 2 games I'd kill to get. PC building sim I played a bit of on a friends account and it was really fun, tales of the neon sea looks really interesting, VtM is well, VtM, Not Tonight is an excellent game I've been heavily enjoying on my switch despite me not normally liking these kinda games, and humankind/warhammer aren't my kind of games but they're still good games.

3 years ago

I agree, there's some neat games in this bundle. Stuff I wouldn't buy on my own, but I'm quite happy to get in a HB monthly. That said, I get why this bundle has zero interest for a lot of people.

It's mostly games that require you to enjoy a certain genre or artstyle, stuff like horror or pixelart. It also doesn't feel like there's a "headline" title in there either. On the banner they promote PC Building Simulator, Pathologic 2 and Ancestor. The first two are very niche imho, and the last one tanked so hard on launch I doubt most people have even heard of it.

3 years ago

I don't get what you mean by certain genre? There's horror, twin-stick, narrative driven, simulator, RPGs, visual novels, puzzle. Pixel art shouldn't be a contributing factor to if a game is good or not either, that's just dumb imo.

Headliners? Not sure what you mean by there's none. Pathologic is a huge game, same with not tonight. Warhammer is a major series as well. If you mean no major AAA game, then I say good. I much prefer seeing indie games, some not very well known instead of games everyone knows/owns/needs no help.

3 years ago

Pixel art shouldn't be a contributing factor to if a game is good or not either, that's just dumb imo.

It really means a lot, as it sets the tone for the game for the playthrough. I have friends who dislike pixel art, other friends who dislike too pixely pixel art (like The Ambassador, or The Last Door), and friends who fucking hate new-wave pixelart but would replay the original Lucasarts or Sierra Point and Click games in a heartbeat.
People like to be comfortable with the game they are playing :P

3 years ago

new-wave pixelart

Wait. Is that a thing? O_o
Is it to describe modern games having a retro look?

3 years ago

Not really, I just tried to differentiate between old and new, and I was sleepy and phrased in a sloppy way.
I seen people say they did not live through the 80-90s to play these pixelated games in the 10-20s, they had enough of that, thanks. And as far as personal taste goes, it's a valid point.

3 years ago

I mean, you really need to like one of those genres to get something out of the bundle. Narrative games is niche, so is horror, puzzle, etc. You either like them or you don't touch them at all. Something like Pathologic 2 is probably a great game (haven't played it yet) but it's also really weird and almost off-putting to look at. Most people I know would take one look at the screenshots and move on instantly.

Warhammer is a huge franchise but it's also "mixed" on Steam with a low rating of 52%. Probably some fun to be had there but I doubt it's something people are chomping at the bit to play.

And what I meant with a "headline title" is simply something that a majority of people can look at and instantly recognize without having to research. Something like a Tomb Raider or Hitman. Big stuff with mass appeal. Indie games are great, I love them, but they don't draw people in like big titles do, and this bundle really doesn't have anything like that. Pathologic is "huge" but not to that scale. It's sold less than 500k copies on Steam. Good numbers for what it is, but doesn't hold a candle to a mainstream game like those others I mentioned.

Pixel art games is also complete no-go for a lot of people. I personally really enjoy good pixel art, but it's a divisive art style for sure.

3 years ago*

Personal taste Skylark. That's all it comes down to. I don't like horror, and I wouldn't play a PC building sim.

There is no game in this bundle that I would jump to get. Last month, on the other hand.... I bought that one right away because I wanted several of them. I keep a wishlist under 70 games. 4 were on that wishlist and 1 other I was interested in. Lots of people hated the December one. I loved it.

I'm pleased for you that this bundle is your jam.

3 years ago

It was the first time that I subbed to Humble Choice, mainly because of that 6 for 6 deal. However looking at the track record of games that they gave in 2020, there was only 1-3 games that I would play. I went open minded as there was no games that I liked in December, thinking next month will be better. Well here we are and again no game that i'm interested in, maybe that Warhammer game because I enjoy aRPGs. I still haven't claimed them yet and I don't know if i'm going to claim them in the future. I think if they had like 20 game library each month and you choose 10 it would be better than this. Even if its cheap, if you keep buying and buying it adds up and you gonna have huge backlog.... Or maybe i'm getting old and too picky?

3 years ago

TL; DR: I agree, good bundle :)

Ah a fellow of similar tastes! Song of Horror is great, I played what I could with ep 1 back when I bought it (too scaredy to finish) but I love being able to add the complete edition to my library for when I muster the courage some day..

Had always been interested in not tonight as a fan of papers please, just never enough to warrant buying it full price.
Tales of neon sea, a point and click story? Any day! (I recommend count Lucanor, Yuppie Psycho, Detective Di. blackwell legacy - too many neat titles of the genre, not enough time to list them)

The rest have really good ratings, particularly interested in pathologic as you said, even the warhammer seems to have potential despite the flaws - anything becomes fun with friends imo so its not entirely a lost cause.

3 years ago

Not bad for 6USD

3 years ago

what does run lock mean?

3 years ago

That you can only run the game while being in that region (might only be checked for the first 90 days after activation though).

3 years ago

What else could you expect when they sell the bundle for 6$ a month

3 years ago

i will get it when i get paid later in the month, nothing that i feel like i need asap

3 years ago

Song of horror seems like an amazing atmospheric game. The bundle worth just for it.

3 years ago

I had Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey in the Steam shopping cart, this makes my day :D

3 years ago

totally worth the 6$ price

3 years ago

Oh they removed Denuvo from PC Building Simulator?

3 years ago

Heh i guess now we know if they were offering a discount because they had good bundles and wanted new people to try Choice and be impressed.... or because they have 6 months of trash bundles lined up and wanted people to not be able to pause.
Don't get me wrong PC Building Sim looks fun to me but as a main attraction? Hmmmm

3 years ago

Well... I do think we have the grey market to thank for that. Most bundle games will sell for super cheap on G2A, Gamivo and the likes. I mean, XCOM 2 once was a Monthly headliner and you can still get it for less than $5 on Kinguin. ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

I suppose that devs/publishers see game bundles as a last resort. Actually... wait. Most of them would probably get more money discounting their games at 90% off than including them in bundles, because of the grey market.

That being said, I certainly won't complain about PC Building Sim. That's a game I've been eyeing for a while... and I got the bundle for about the same amount as its selling price. And I am interested in other games too so it's a win for me. I don't really care if a game is AAA or not. If the price of the bundle is cheaper than the historical low of the game(s) I want to keep, it's a win-win situation. I get games I want for cheap and have leftovers I can give away and trade. What's not to love? Now, if House Flipper could make its way into a Choice bundle, I'd be happy. :)

Edit: yeah... I kinda agree with PC Building Simulator being the headliner is somewhat "meh". Because it's quite a niche game. In all honesty, I was somewhat expecting to see Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition in a Choice bundle. It was released in 2017, goes on sale for 90% off, is very short apparently... it's kinda AAA title. This could be a good headliner, methink. It would probably appeal to more people. I know I would play it. And speaking of Bulletstorm FCE... can anyone explain to me why you can get it for around $2 on the grey market? I don't understand. It's never been bundled, never been sold for this cheap. I'm puzzled. Could they be curator/reviewer keys?

3 years ago*

this was one of the easiest buys i've seen in a while. 6 wishlisted games.. ancestors, minoria, pathologic 2, song of horror, not tonight and vampire: the masquerade. i came sooo close to buying 'not tonight' on steam a couple days ago.

3 years ago

what's the benefit for the Classic members at this point
they sure know how to treat their loyal customers

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

seems no benefit at all im just pausing every month cause this is getting worse

3 years ago