Prey is on sale for $19.99 (+ min $2.99 shipping) at newegg.com . You'll need to use the code EMCRKRE36 in order to activate the sale price.

The deal is only available to US residents, and the coupon doesn't work on the digital only copy or on the Canadian version of the site (no surprise there).

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

What region?

6 years ago

ill wait for summersale
3-5 year later

6 years ago

only a matter of time before it ends up in a monthly (anything is possible after rise of the tomb raider)

6 years ago

Not enough DLC, yet :P

6 years ago

RotTR was in a monthly because it sold poorly in NA, and Humble and its partners, despite their many positives, are the kind of Americans who think the globe stops at their border. So they bundled it because sales pretty much stopped already.
Granted, Prey (2017) as a somewhat niché game can easily fall into the same basket.

6 years ago

Regardless of the sales, it's not in a bundle because of lack of sales, given that most games make most of their sales and profit within the first couple months so based on that theory most games should be bundled shortly after launch due to lack of sales

I think the biggest issue is too many games being released and not enough people buying all of them.You can't release several big titles within a short time and expect all of them to sell 5+ million copies.The average gamer now is 30+ they have kids and other obligations so they are not going to spend 100+ a month on video games when you have little time to play them and on top of that could be spent on better things.

Also maybe it's because it's late but I don't get ...
Humble and its partners, despite their many positives, are the kind of Americans who think the globe stops at their border

I'm not sure how what that has to due with bundles.

6 years ago*

I just meant that it seems Humble primarily tries to focus on NA as their bundles tend to have keys locked to the US (and other associated regions), their store carries keys that are unavailable in regions not tied to the US, even their terms of service is pretty much written solely for the US market. So, considering that RotTR sold poorly in NA and Humble focuses on the NA market, it seemed like a fair idea to pair them up.

6 years ago

They sell keys to U.S. customers that are locked to the U.S., sure. Because that's what they get from the publishers. Customers in other markets get appropriate keys for their market. Not seeing what the problem is on Humble's side.

6 years ago

Thanks, @talgaby for not taking that last part the wrong way I just did not want to try and guess what you meant so I thought it would be better to get some clarification on it.

The region locks are all on the Publisher Humble can not dictate that since they are a reseller.Steam does not even have the power to decide locks for keys.Though it's a U.S. company so it only makes sense they would cater more to U.S. people since that is their target demographic is the United States.I don't expect Capcom to make games more American just so they suit my needs better they are a Japanese company so their games are going to be more bias toward their own culture.

Though to be fair ROTR sold poor over all it's not just a U.S. thing.The United States is the biggest game market and despite poor sales it still a well-received game so of course humble would prefer well-received games as an early unlock regardless of past sales as it most likely will lead to more sales them a game that has mixed reactions.

Though why Publishers feel the need to lock keys to NA I have no clue it's stupid and pointless we are the most expensive region that nobody in another region would buy from when most likely their currency would be cheaper.Though I'm not sure how Humble handles other currency so maybe that is not the case but still does not change that is just stupid but their call.

One more thing I just wanted to clarify what I meant by the U.S. is the biggest game market I meant over all game sales like GTA V, ROTR, Battlefield and so on.I did not want to account for MMO's and such since this is about region locked games and not free2play or MMO's

6 years ago*

Eh, it is something that one side feels one way, the other some different way.

Although I have to add that NA is not the most expensive region. Heck, Canada is one of the countries where ROW traders managed to set up shop as it used to be among the cheapest ROW regions when gifting was still a lot easier.
The most expensive region used to be the UK before they tanked the sterling, and now it is usually Europe, where publishers mitigate the mandatory VAT through somewhat higher prices (usually in the range of +10% compared to USD prices).

6 years ago

NA=North America and Canada is part of that just saying.You also have to factor in currency exchange, as for me stuff is cheaper in Canada but not if they buy from U.S.Canda also has crazy high shipping prices so only digital goods or hard to find items would be worth the effort.Due to region locks more and more places are a no go and not many places left that don't have locks for me, bundles and some key re-seller's are the only options left for region free games.

Slowly though N.A. is also getting region locks despite being one of the most expensive regions to buy from which makes no damn sense.None of my friends have ever asked me to buy them a game to save them money before or after the huge sweep of region locks because prices was always higher than everyone else currency exchange is a factor in that and by the time you figured that in you might as well buy it in your own country.

6 years ago*

Damn EViLiSLuRKiNG, are you looking in my window?
You just described me (and the most of the gamers I work with).
$60-$80 is alot, even for a game I really want - when I know that within a year the game will either drop to 25% of it's 'new' price or be in a bundle.
That money is better spent on family activities... or Pokemon & fidget spinners :(

6 years ago

You busted me I really wanted to see what a Cancuxkrat looked like :)

6 years ago*

Except Rise of the Tomb Raider is a different story entirely because Square Enix already had an established history/partnership with Humble. Bethesda on the other hand does not and we have yet to see any of their games in a Humble Bundle. So until we do I would have to disagree with your assessment.

6 years ago*

true enough
finger crossed :p

6 years ago

physical CD? =) Is it like 20 CDs? =))

6 years ago

The DVD is worthless, all Prey PC versions use Steam.
It contains a steam installer and 1/4 of the game IF you're really lucky.

6 years ago

So the cd wouldn't have its own version of Prey, even if it's on Steam?

6 years ago

nope

6 years ago

Even physical purchases will require activation on Steam and as the previous comm enter said the disc(s) won't even include all of the game files so you'll still need to download a chunk of the content.

EDIT: Most stores won't even buy in "used" PC games unless they are still sealed.

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

I absolutely favour the drinking over the knowing things.

6 years ago

you don't see the difference between cd, dvd and blu-ray, I see. you should just say "disc" if you are referring to ANY kind of round data storage. CD maximum capacity is 700-800 mb.

6 years ago

You don't need more than a CD to store the Steam Installer XD

6 years ago

yeah, internet era =) I think it may even fit on a diskette =))

6 years ago*

My apologies sir. I was referring to the round thing that comes in the box and goes into the computer. Pretty sure the fellow I was talking to understood me well enough though. But still, I really appreciate the wisdom you've had to share.

6 years ago

No need for that irony, i was just helping you to not look like a 12 y.o. baby, who've never seen a cd. And yeah, everyone understands you, with a smirk.

6 years ago

No thanks.

6 years ago

Fixed

6 years ago

Still has Denuvo, so still not buying.

6 years ago

you miss out on a really great game, though (quite a few, in fact, if you boycott all denuvo games).

6 years ago

I'm okay with that. There's plenty in my backlog that don't use Denuvo, so even with the boycott I've not been wanting for games.

6 years ago

I don't care enough to be boycotting a game because of a specific DRM but it definitely influences my purchasing decisions. I the main reason I bought DOOM and a bunch of other games was the removal of DRM and inclusion of DLC.

6 years ago

Un-American can find a good sale of Prey here: https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/prey-pc

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

6 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by BarbaricGenie.