Update

Well, the event has ended, the keys have been sent, and most winners have already registered them! Thanks to everyone who played, and I hope that you had a good time! Congrats to all of the winners of junk and not-junk!

For those of you who got a revoked key and notified me about it, I've already put in delete requests. A couple of you have already sent me friend invites on Steam, and I've accepted...we'll IM later and I'll get you consolation prizes. Any requests for re-rolls have already been submitted to the mods as well. As soon as all of the above things are processed, I'll update the top of this thread, and will communicate directly with people whenever necessary.

In the meantime, stay home, stay safe, and play video games! Cheers!

That's right, everyone, the latest event is finally here! Welcome to...

Grez's Junk Jamboreeβ„’ 2020!

With the current year basically being canceled, we need things to do while we shelter in place! Amidst all of the mess of this event are one hundred eighty-one giveaways!

If you're familiar with my trash events, you may be asking, "Yo, Grez, what happened to the Trash Tornadoβ„’?" Well, I started to make another, and then I realized that I was running out of good tornado graphics, and it just wasn't shaping up to be as much fun. So, I thought I'd try something slightly different, but with tons of absurdist potential. And so the Junk Jamboree was born!

The fun begins when you open the slide show and start stepping through the insanity. All of the GAs are hidden behind objects that are part of the slides in the deck. Most of them are pretty obvious, but some are a little bit harder to see. Search each slide carefully to be sure that you found them all. The GA breakdown is as follows:

• 160 regular "junk" GAs - these are found directly in links on objects in the slide deck. Just hover to see if your mouse pointer changes, and if it does, click away to open up the GA!
  • 15 "better" GAs - these are found on some of the GA pages for the junk GAs. They represent bundle games that are more valuable than the average trash GAs, or may be games that I just feel are really good or classic. There are 15 slides, so there is one of these per slide
  • 6 NON-Bundle GAs - these are also found on some of the junk GA pages. They are randomly dispersed throughout the slides, so just pay close attention to each bit of junk that you open up to ensure you don't miss them.

So, for those of you who keep lists and things, if you find all 181 links in the deck, you should have revealed all of the better and non-bundle GAs as well. Be sure to take a quick look at each GA while you're busy clicking on the enter button so that you don't miss them!

All junk GAs are level 1+, which means that the entry bar is set low so that lots of people can participate, but you can't be a 100% leecher. You need to have given at least a little bitty bit back to the community. For the "better" bundled GAs, you need to be level 2+. And, for the non-bundled GAs, you need to be level 3+.

Level 2 is a piece of cake. If you're not there, you can easily be there in 24-48 hours for about five bucks, BTW. Level 3 still isn't hard...I hit level 3 before the end of my first month on Steamgifts. So, if you want to up your game, now's the time to give back to the world while we're all self-isolating!

The train is running for one week (expires at noon CST April 11th), so you have plenty of time to find all of the junk.

As always, "junk" is a relative term. Some of the junk is actually pretty good junk. Others...well, they're literally unmitigated garbage. You'll have to sort through it all and make the decision as to which is which for yourself. Or don't, and just enter everything. With this stuff, entering for a +1 is a completely acceptable motivation. Either way, it's all good by me. πŸ˜‰

Ok, that's everything that you really need to know. I suppose that means that its time for you to enter the Jamboree! Have fun!

P.S. I just found out that dys added five bonus gibs in the slides! I have no idea where they are, so I'll be looking for them too! Anyway, that brings the GA total up to 186 for the whole thing. Good luck!

P.S.S. Also, today, April 4th, is my birthday. I have a little 24-hour jigidi GA running, so go have some fun with that, too. :)

Additional notes:

Once again, a million thanks to dys, who helped with this event by converting my insane Powerpoint art into a navigable browser-based presentation. I absolutely could not have gotten this done without him being involved, at least not at this level of quality. He took time out from his own personal chaos to help me out with this. So everyone please send some love his way. Send him all of your trash keys! (Ok, actually, don't because he hates that crap...lol.) In any case, he was instrumental to this event, so please tell him thanks when you get a chance.

Everything was tested on both Chrome and Edge, and both worked 100%. Some of the load times may be a few seconds...this is normal, because I have a crap-ton of graphics in here (and I took the time to compress things as much as possible, but it's still a lot). Just take a breath and be patient if it's a little slow, and it will load momentarily. Also, I strongly suggest that you play this on a PC or at least a large tablet...it's not going to be a good experience on a phone or other small screen.

This kind of event is the perfect time for me to "clean house" in terms of old/weird/forgotten keys. Some of these are really old. I also am (finally!) cleaning out almost every last remaining Otaku/Gogobundle key from my spreadsheet. Anything included here was checked against the removed games list before the GAs were created, so everything should be ok. However, with this many GAs, and with quite a few keys being old, the chances are pretty good that something somewhere may not go according to plan. If that happens, I ask that you understand and allow me to delete any problematic GAs. If this happens to you, I will try to find a consolation prize for you, which I will gift directly to you via Steam IM.

Fun fact: I had to ask the mods to re-add at least 9 different games to complete this list of junk GAs. So there are at least that many removed games in this event, but probably around double that...just in case you're a removed games collector and you care. πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ»

Also, the appearance of political figures/royalty/etc. is just me being silly. You should not read any political statement or suggestion into anything, because there isn't one. The whole thing is supposed to just be bizarre and absurd, so please interpret everything with the mirth with which it was intended, ok? Nothing but love for everyone's country/culture/etc. We're all in this mess together right now. 😁 πŸ€œπŸΌπŸ€›πŸΌ

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Are you staying the @#$! home? [Hint: there's only one correct answer for most people -- and if you get it right, it means that you have an excuse to just play all of the junk that you win :D]

View Results
Yes! Holy @#$!balls, YES! I'm doing my part to help the world get through this global crisis. 🀘🏻😎🀘🏻
No, because I'm selfish trash, just like these games. 😜
No, because I'm a first responder, medical professional, or am keeping the food supply going. [In this case, THANK YOU! You are a freaking HERO.] 🍻

Thank you grez for another amazing event!

4 years ago

Bump! That was so funny!

4 years ago

Bump. Thanks for the eyesight test! :)

4 years ago

whyd u gots to rick roll me bruh

4 years ago

😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

4 years ago

So much junk haha
I really enjoyed the way you themed some of the images around the game it links too!

Thanks for the fun :)

4 years ago

Glad you had fun! And it's nice that someone notices little things like that...I try to keep things interesting. :)

4 years ago

It was very interesting haha
Some games I was like I get how you thought of that, even if I would've imagined something completely different eg. girl power = the queen bahaha

4 years ago

This is completely ridiculous. And I LOVE IT.

4 years ago

Awesome! Glad to hear it.

Absurdity is key to our sanity right now, I'm just sure of it. πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

4 years ago

Just went through it. Hope I didn't miss anything. Bump!

4 years ago

Thanks and bump!

4 years ago

Thanks for another nice event.

View attached image.
4 years ago

βœŒπŸ»πŸ˜πŸ€™πŸ»

4 years ago

Love your events! Rock on!

4 years ago

thanks! and wow dont even want to know how much it took to do this, respect and loved the little detail in the Digital Junk hahaha

4 years ago

Ha ha ha...so you found it, too. I'm surprised that I haven't gotten more crap about that. 😁

The best part is that the graphic of that old phone didn't have that on there...I surgically removed it from a picture of an old calculator (we used to all see what kind of obnoxious stuff we could spell on our calculators in jr. high and high school when I was a kid), did a little 3D manipulation, and did what I could to make it look seamless and part of the phone. lol

4 years ago

haha i think we all did the same with the calculators its a worldwide thing, and didnt even notice it wasnt part of the picture as with the others i clicked it because my cursor changed :P

4 years ago

Lol...well, then I guess I did an ok job, then. I try to get everything to look pretty good, even when things are ridiculous and intentionally out of place. I only used two tools for the entire thing: Powerpoint and mspaint. Powerpoint is waaaayyy more powerful than most people give it credit for...it does about 50 times more things than Google Slides. All the perspective modification, opacity/texture changes, etc., were done in PP.

Getting the graphics to look good is tricky, because I'm starting with complete 2D backgrounds, so anything that looks like it's coming out of something or behind something is done through visual trickery...all of those things are literally on top/in the foreground.

4 years ago

dont get me wrong haha they are not bad placed the size and everything is good and it doesent look bad on the pictures like idk the dog climbing on the 2nd slide haha but its obvious it doesent belong there(how does a dog fit in a drawer haha) thatts why i meant

and i think people dont give credit to PP because most people just use it basic function (like me) and never tried to do something more, like i just learned that you could do more than slides

ah, and i forgot to mention i also liked the relation between sticker/GA in some of them

4 years ago

You can actually get PP to do full animation! You can also make clickable objects that navigate through the deck. It's really impressive. I've created interactive UI design proposal demos with it. It cracks me up when people criticize or dismiss it, because it's one of the best apps ever written. Excel, too. If I have to use Google Sheets (or any other lightweight spreadsheet thing) for more than 5 minutes, I will immediately start missing Excel. SO much more powerful (not very intuitive, but really powerful). :D

4 years ago

yeah excel i know pretty well you can do countless things, but TIL about PP i doutbt i ever use it but its good to know is so powerful

also, Happy Birthday!

4 years ago

Thanks a lot for the ride..
Wow, there was a lot of junk that I didn't own yet (116 GA entered!) and I think I'm far to have found them all (didn't count but probably 20-25 that I already own or missing base game, so still far from the 186 total). I'll have another look later.

JUNK BUMP and Birthday BUMP

(speaking of which I have to get started on my cakeday jigidi train, it's coming soon)

4 years ago

Nice! Glad you're having a good time!

So, your birthday is soon, eh? Fellow Spring baby? Hmmm...that's a pretty good ratio there...how about I give you an early birthday present and add you to my blue heart club:

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»

4 years ago

Thank you!

4 years ago

Trash Bump! And a Happy Happy Birthday to you Grez!

4 years ago

Thank you and bump!

4 years ago

Thanks for a lot of fun. I'm not sure if I found all of it, but oh boy, there was a lot.
I really appreciate how much time you had to spent on this. Also thanks for little hidden mood music :D

4 years ago

Many thanks for another great event grez!

4 years ago

That was fun, thanks!

4 years ago

Appreciate the effort put into doing these junk giveaways. Didn't enter any, but it was fun nonetheless.

4 years ago

You put a lot of effort and the outcome was great! Thank you so much!

4 years ago

haha great fun! Probably more fun than most of games we may win ;)

4 years ago

Thanks a lot for another fantastic and hilarious event!

4 years ago

Thanks for another fun event, Grez! Hope it didn't take you too long, it sure looks quite impressive.

I found 186, that fortunately made sense once I read on. :D

Thanks to Dys as well; it all worked flawlessly.

I found some random letters and number along the way but I don't know if there's anything I should do with them.

4 years ago

Bump

4 years ago

Thank you very much, this was so much fun!

4 years ago

Bump

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.