Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

3 years ago

What kind of logic is this ? "whatever, don't care" when someone just points out you were wrong.... at least don't be a dick about it.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

I don't give a fuck that you said something wrong - everyone can make a mistake and not everyone knows stuff about everything. That's why I didn't comment anything on your initial statement.

all I'm saying you are being quit rude with your "dont care, whatever" attitude. SirNicholasTesla just pointed out the game you mentioned was already on steam.Yeah I know I could have let this over my head easily, but we've been here roughly the same time and seeing you comment previously you seemed like a nice person, but lately your comments have changed quit a bit.. what's up with that ?

edit : lol, deleted his comment and blacklisted me :D Acting like a true 12 year old.

3 years ago*

!addlicense ASF 557242

3 years ago

!addlicense asf a/557242

3 years ago

thx

3 years ago

where to input it tho?

3 years ago

asf

3 years ago

thanks <3

3 years ago

Thanks

3 years ago

guess ill try the original since i already played the redux

3 years ago

DAAAAAMMNN... thanks man! I got 3 Metro on 3 different platform. They're Epic, GOG, and now officially Steam!

Definitely gonna play the Steam version soon!!

Unfortunately, this is not the Redux version. But, im fine.

3 years ago*

If you got it on Epic then you have the Redux version, don't know about gog. Same for Last Light.

3 years ago

Ah, that reminds me that I still have to play Last Light Redux...
Metro 2033 was a slight disappointment. It's not that it was a bad game, it's just... that I had read so much about it being a classic and so, so good that I guess my expectations were way too high. I thought I'd be blown away and I wasn't.
Still, solid game for those who don't have it / haven't played yet.

3 years ago

Honestly, I'd have to agree, Last Light was significantly better and Exodus felt like something from a separate franchise, that doesn't have any connection to the Metro series.

3 years ago

Oh, really? Hmm can you tell me why you think Last Light is the better game?
As it is, I'm not in a hurry to play LL, because Metro 2033 failed to really impress me. But maybe you could make me change my mind about it.

3 years ago

I started but didn't continue playing 2033, but I did start and finish Last Light Redux. And I played it through despite my fear of horror games (to a point I can't finish any of them)
Last Light in my opinion looks and plays like a modern horror shooter should. Story is pretty interesting, the monsters are challenging and the world is beautiful. There where moments I got frustrated with it.. some boss battles that I arrived at without bullets or did some dumb moves and died when close to ending. But overall it did impress me.

So I personally loved LL even though didn't stick with 2033. And due to this game now I want Exodus. Hoping for a bundle.

3 years ago

And I played it through despite my fear of horror games (to a point I can't finish any of them)

Eh, I'm the same. I didn't have any trouble with Metro 2033, it was more tense than frightening to me... Would you say Last Light is "scarier"? For the record, the games that probably terrified me the most were Penumbra: Overture, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Alien: Isolation and Outlast 2. But I did manage to complete the latter two (yay!).

Thanks for your input, I'm way more interested in playing Last Light now. :)

3 years ago

Sorry, can't be able to compare the two really. I abandoned 2033 quit fast.. I think already after the first few scenes in the tunnels.. Maybe I just hadn't built up my tolerance for horror then :D

Out of your mentioned games Alien, Outlast (both) and amnesia I have tried and failed at them miserably :D All three of the games I had a friend finish when we had gettogether with friends when we still could do something like that :D And I still closed my eyes at moments when watching.. I really like horror movies and games as well, but I can't seem to play them myself. Been growing my tolerance slowly with less scarier games, so maybe a time will come when I'll have enough nerves to finish one true horror game on my own :D

3 years ago

Metro 2033 had fewer enemies and generally the combat was much more tedious, in Last Light, the worldbuilding is once again great, the stealth sections provide a nice change from the combat, and the story is delivered in a more interesting way than in 2033. Last Light was also much more polished in terms of gunplay and interface and felt less linear than its prequel. 2033 felt more like someone wanted adapt the book 1 to 1 with combat sections, while Last Light focused more on making a good game first.
Exodus was basically a Fallout game that stripped away everything that was unique in the Metro series and made a competent and nice looking game. In my opinion it was missing what made the entire Metro universe interesting, but it was praised by everyone, so I guess it's also good.

3 years ago

Well damn... You really make me want to play Last Light now. Aaaaand maybe even Exodus, actually. Which is kinda weird, because looking at the store page only triggers a lil' meh from me. Thanks for the amazing reply! ^^

3 years ago

Exodus was pretty meh in mind as well. Felt incredibly boring and I couldn't finish it. Too generic stuff. They even added crafting which to my mind was the antithesis of what the series is about. In Last Light one of the hardest difficulties was tied to bullet scarcity, bullets served as currency and as means to kill and in Exodus, they completely threw that out of the window and you can just craft bullets with zero effort.

3 years ago

Yeah, I get why you were disappointed with it but for me, seeing that it was more like a Fallout game, that's what made me interested in it. ;)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

I don't think I would purchase the DLC, however, I'm now much more willing to play Last Light. I will definitely add it to my "to be played soon" list. :)

Metro Exodus... maybe. If it's gets cheaper or find its way into a Choice bundle. I guess I'm not interested enough to purchase it at its current sale price.

3 years ago

I absolutely loved the original Metro, which I got for free and made me fall in love with the series. I definitely think it lives up to it's hype and I've played it many years after it was released. The thing to know is that Metro is a story game foremost, and I think what most people don't like is the limit supplies and the difficulty (though it's not Dark Souls bad). So it depends a lot whether you prefer the story/atmosphere over gameplay. The gameplay by itself is decent, but nothing special.

Honestly, I don't think you'd enjoy Last light much better if you didn't enjoy this one. To me they're very similar, Last Light is a bit easier, offers more supplies and some of the areas are more open, but otherwise it's very much more of the same. So i think it heavily depends what you didn't like about the first game. If you didn't like the story, you're not going to like LL either, if you didn't like the gameplay you may enjoy LL a bit more but gameplay is only tweaked a little (for the better mostly).

3 years ago

Bump

3 years ago

reminder if people aren't paying attention: this is for the original not redux

3 years ago

Bump, thanks for the info!

3 years ago

Cheers for the heads up!

3 years ago

Awesome! Thanks so much!

3 years ago

ty but i got it in 2012 THQ Facebook giveaway and it was the reason i made the account lol steam

3 years ago

I got it free from HB, N7 day 2014

3 years ago

3 years ago

A bump to say "thanks". =)

3 years ago

thanks

3 years ago

They brought the store page back to give it away for free right.... How about just let us buy the original versions. I really don't like this practice of sweeping old versions of games under the rug, Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur etc.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.