So, as i said in the title, my mouse is not working anymore... "he" had a good and long life so peace to his soul. Now the hardest part of my life : decisions. I'm in doubt whether or not to buy this "kinda good" mouse, the logitech G502 ( on amazon ) . It seems it has some good reviews, the price of 65€ is accessible for me, and it seems to be one of the best mouse for "every game". I do play a lot of different games, from fps to mmorpg to moba, so I can't choose a "moba mouse" or an "fps mouse", i'd prefer to have a mouse that's good for everything. So what do you think it would be a perfect mouse for me? What mouses have you tried and which one do you think it is the "best one" ? Did you try this G502? I just saw the G700s from logitech too, is it really better or the "wireless thingy" is pointless and dull for gaming? Thanks for your answers :D

TLDR : need a new mouse which one should i buy?

EDIT: Some news for the ones who care, I ordered the Logitech G502 on Amazon. After all the time thinkin I do hope i did the "right" thing! Thanks everyone for your feedback, it was much appreciated :)

View attached image.
9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I just got the G502 myself, but haven't had the time to really test it out so I can't give you any personal experience stories of how well it works. Looking at reviews such as Best Gaming Mouse 2015 where it was rated as the best all-purpose gaming mouse made me decide to get it. Before this, I was using the Razer DeathAdder 2013, which was rated as the best all-purpose gaming mouse by some other site when I bought it sometime last year. It's actually in that list I linked to as well, but as the best RTS mouse. It was fine for me, but on the simple side. The G502 has more features and I was kind of looking for another mouse anyway, I got it. (I was going to buy a mouse for work, but got this for home and will use one of my older mice at work instead.)

As for corded vs. wireless, I've read that corded is better, because there can be some lag when using wireless. I've used wireless mice and haven't noticed that, but only for office-type work and not for gaming. My impression is that corded is better for gaming, but I can't say too much from personal experience.

I hope this is of some help. Hopefully others with more knowledge of gaming mice can provide more information though. Good luck!

9 years ago

Thanks, actually it helped me a lot :) I was looking at some reviews too and the saw the one you just linked xD actually is that review that makes me think about buying the g502 hahaha btw personal experience is what i need, so actually your opinion do really help me a lot :) thanks again

9 years ago

Some of what I do like with the G502, having used it for general stuff a little bit, is that the scroll wheel can tilt left and right, and it's got a button to switch between click-to-click scrolling and free-spinning scrolling. For a long web page or document or something, that free-spinning scrolling option can come in handy. The default "standard" profile is kind of nice too, since it's set up to perform some basic functions like copy and paste, and uses the sniper button as a "G-shift" to enable additional functions. The only trick there is that you have to keep that sniper button pressed while you press other keys in order to get the G-shifted function. For me, this can be hard with the buttons on the left side of the mouse, but more so for the back button than the forward button; buttons on top of the mouse don't really have an issue with being G-shifted, since that button's held down by the thumb. I'll probably still just used the keyboard for a lot of the extra functions in the standard profiles, but if you prefer the mouse, having enough buttons there to do some things without the keyboard can be useful.

9 years ago

Now that G-shift seems really useful to me! How is the software ? Is it heavy, easy to use, practical or else ?
EDIT: and how many profiles can you make?

9 years ago*

Yes, being able to assign a G-shift function to a button to sort of double the amount of actions on the mouse can be useful. I'm not sure I'll use it myself, but it could be good for some people and/or purposes.

I've had the software installed for a while, because I have the G930 headset. I would only run it when I was using the headset, but I don't think it took up a lot of RAM or anything. I think the software is really only needed if you're going to customize your hardware. I don't usually do a lot of that, but do like to do some simpler things, so it is good to have installed.

I looked at what the Logitech Gaming Software offers for the G502 mouse, and did a little bit with the lighting options and did the surface tuning for my mouse pad, but not much else. I did try going to automatic game detection and scanning for games, but only a few of mine were detected. I could add others if I wanted though. Unfortunately, the software didn't automatically assign special configurations to the buttons; they were left at the default. Unless I can find some particular configurations to use for games, I'll probably just stick with using the built-in on-board profiles for high-DPI gaming, low-DPI gaming, and standard. It seems easy enough to reassign button functions in the software, and part of what the game scan did seem to do for games it managed to find was list out certain actions as options for assigning to buttons. So that should help make it easier to assign game-specific actions to game-specific profiles. It just seems like more work than I really want to go through, and I probably don't need to use those kinds of features for the games I typically play.

AFAIK, there isn't a limit to the number of profiles you can create. However, only three are allowed to be stored in the mouse's on-board memory. The rest have to be store in the cloud, I guess, and would require the software to use. I think the on-board profiles can be used without having the Logitech Gaming Software installed. The mouse comes with three on-board profiles (mentioned above), but those could be modified if you wanted something else. I haven't really tried creating more profiles or switching between anything other than the three default on-board profiles.

9 years ago

Thank you very much for your deep and perfect explanation, that was exactly all i wanted to know :) It seems the perfect mouse for me hahah there's just only one little detail that i don't like from this mouse, it has "only the blue color" hahah i would have loved if it had had other colorations XD Thanks again for your help, it was really appreciated :)

9 years ago

Yeah, some of the reviews I saw complained about the lack of color options, too. FWIW, it looks like with a little electrical work, you can change it to a single different color with a hardware mod. See Change led color on the Logitech G502 on Instructables.com, for example. Personally, I don't think it's worth it, but it's an option if you have the skills to do the work (or know someone who can do it for you).

I'm glad I was able to help.

9 years ago

Yeah i don't think it's worth it too hahaha but nice to know that there's someone that thought about it and actually made it! :)

9 years ago

Oh, one other thing. Given my understanding of mouse grips, I'd say the G502 is best suited for a palm grip. I think I tend to use more of a claw grip normally, and the sniper button isn't under my thumb when I do that. That's not necessarily bad since I won't press it by accident, but if I want easier access to the sniper button (say for the G-shift functions of the built-in standard profile), I have to reposition my hand and/or fingers. If I lay my hand down on the mouse farther forward in more of a palm grip, my thumb's right on the sniper button, but that's not as natural of a position for me. Just a heads-up that you might need to adjust your grip a bit to have easier access to all the buttons.

9 years ago

Fortunately i do prefer a palm grip, so i think i should not have any problems with it :)

9 years ago

oh and by the way how do you feel with the scroll wheel? do you find it greasy ?

9 years ago

No, the scroll wheel feels fine to me. I think it's metal-like rather than plastic or rubber, so it does feel a bit different from what I'm used to, but I don't think there's anything really uncomfortable about it.

9 years ago

Nice :) Someone was saying it was too hard to use, maybe it depends from person to person

9 years ago

Yeah, it probably is individual taste. I guess I don't pay that close attention to the mouse scroll wheel as long as it works like it's supposed to. But playing around with it a little just now, it think it's possible that the wheel is a bit on the heavy side and that it takes a little more force to move it from click to click. That could be a result of the material it's made from though; as I said, it seems to be metal. I don't think that's a problem though, and in some cases it could be helpful in preventing over-scrolling.

9 years ago

Yeah that's true, it could really be helpful in preventing over-scrolling, especially for me xD

9 years ago

I have a Roccat Kone XTD that I love

9 years ago

Actually is pretty cool! is it also good?

9 years ago

I've had the Razer Lachesis for like 6 years now I think. I dont think they sell those anymore but Razer makes pretty good mice, pretty much the only thing they make well imo.

9 years ago

yeah that's a little too old :) i'd prefer something with more features :)

9 years ago

Well Black mamba is like the more recent version I believe. Thats the next mouse I'm getting when my current one dies.

9 years ago

it seems it costs a little too much for my wallet. Over 100€ ?

9 years ago

I got the Mionix Naos 7000, great ergonomic mouse and really comfy

9 years ago

Is there something that you don't like about your mionix? Like something you would change or improve?

9 years ago

People say they don't like that it has no weights, but I personally don't mind,

9 years ago

Neither do I :) How much does it weigh?

9 years ago

Checked it out online and it's 103 grams

9 years ago

Actually i do like this mouse, i'm uncertain whether to buy this one or the g502 xD Btw thanks for your help :)

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

9 years ago

It seems nice :) but too simple for me :)

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Hahahah that review xD hahahaha

9 years ago

I would recommend getting Logitech G502 instead. I have Razer DeathAdder and it's definitely a great mouse, but it recently developed a double click problem. I searched around and it seems to be a common problem with Razer mouses. There's really no real fix to it either.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

I have oscar x7 for years and it's awesome

View attached image.
9 years ago

It do seems nice :) still too basic for me :)

9 years ago

I highly recommend A4Tech mouses, from Bloody series. Just make sure that it is with Avago sensor and you have good mousepad to go with that. Much cheaper alternative to highend mouses and I would even dare to say that most of the price on them is for a name, not a performance, it is like this for me after I compared few top mouses over few weeks half a year ago. Specs, performance and robustness(especially metal gliders and braided cable - awesome on A4Tech) is pretty much the same, with price 3-7x difference.

Right now working on A4Tech Bloody A9 Blazing for 5 months already. Serves me well.

9 years ago*

They do really seem nice! However id go for that "Terminator" series, it seems it has the things i need and unfortunately the price is the same of this logitech g502. Do you happen to know if the Tl8A Terminator is good and/or worth the price?

9 years ago

Well, there are ups and downs. Logitech got better plastic if I were to call it - better feel overall when you hold it(this terminator feels like a cheap plastic in hand), epsecially on a thumb, however, it loses on few other terms in comparison. G502 LMB and RMB button require more force than usual to press though depends on your grip style - if you claw or fingertip grip, then it should be fine). Another thing are gliders. Metal gliders on A4 Tech are pretty much indestructible(they won't peel off) if I were to compare them to what Logitech serves. I don't know about how software works on Logitech, however this A4Tech mouse has internal memory for macros (which are at least VERY SIMPLE and EASY to setup), so once you do them, you won't have to worry about them anymore and anywhere(but don't use this software boost in performance in games, it is mainly aimed at kids who want to "play better"). I had this Terminator for few days (this type of mouse is not for me) and it ran fine, as for G502 - I only held it in my hand and I can only say what I wrote earlier.

As for specs, unless you are a profesional gamer (I believe you are not), both mouses should do great for you, I would seriously recommend for you to walk around shops/malls to check whether they have those mouses and ask if you can hold them(they should allow you).
In my case I would definitely go for A4Tech mainly because in middle and eastern Europe(and further east) they are for half(or bigger difference) a price of what they are for in west, so in your case you might wanna go for Logitech.

9 years ago*

Thanks, i think i will follow your advices, and also i should really "try" them first :)

9 years ago

I have that mouse, and I love it. I got both my cousins to get it and a friend from across the united states.

So yeah, you should get it. ^^

9 years ago

Have you tried some other mouses before? :)

9 years ago

Yeah, I had a microsoft laser mouse with a smooth mouse wheel (no clicks). It was alright, but the mouse wheel was pretty annoying in that it didn't work in most games. The clicker also started to not work, like at all, so that's when I made the switch.

9 years ago

I have, and like, the G602 (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-Battery/dp/B00E4MQODC/). Good battery life, good sensitivity, and fits my hand perfect. The weight is good, and the adjustable sensitivity and programmable thumb buttons are handy.

It's also pretty affordable, if that's a factor.

9 years ago

yeah I like it and wanted to buy this one instead of the g502, however i hate wireless mouses and keyboards, they do sometime lag and above all i hate to be dependent from a "battery" hahaha xD

9 years ago

The battery life is really good (I've had it for, what, over half a year? I don't even remember) and I think I've changed the batteries 3-4 times and never had issues with input latency. In full disclosure, my memory sucks, might be more like 5-6 times changing the batteries.

9 years ago

Hahaha that's ok, it seems a good product but in the meantime I realized that i prefer a wired mouse instead of a wireless mouse haha thanks anyway for the tips :)

9 years ago

I'm just skeptical about Logitech in general. Over the years, we've used many of their products (but non gaming gear) in my household, mostly mice and they never lasted long, almost all due to broken mouse clicks. Not all were used for gaming, and I even had one plain Dell mouse that came with the desktop which lasted for many years.

Currently using a SteelSeries, not to say I won't choose another if I had more budget, but I certainly would not choose Logitech.

9 years ago

That's something i know too, i knew logitech was not a "so good" brand, in fact in the beginning i didn't want to look for logitech mouses but then again i found that review, so now i'm uncertain to what to do hahaha

9 years ago

There are all sorts of factors in play when it comes to how well hardware performs. For example, at work I had a basic Dell keyboard that kept dropping letters. I bought a Logitech G710+ (a Das Keyboard was the other main option, but the Logitech had more on it for a bit lower price) and it's working much better.

I've heard that, at least in the past, Dell managed to get lower prices on their computers by cutting back on parts, doing things like using one less fan than was standard. I've had Dell computers that generally worked fine though, and where I work, Dell servers seem fairly common.

I have a number of different Logitech products that get varying amounts of use and don't have problems with them. I have a basic mouse, the M305, that's over 4 years old and still works fine.

shrug YMMV, as they say.

9 years ago

I can say completely the opposite, Logitech mice are ones of that last longer, my friend had an old Logitech gaming mouse, he used it for 6 years, idk if he is still using it, but he had no problems with it, and lots of ppl on the internet can say Logitech quality is one of the best, Steelseries quality is really good too, I can say. My brother used a generic 9€ Logitech mouse for a lot of years, and it lasted really a lot, for a 9€ mouse, it lasted more than 5 years, and the last 3 years he used it to play LoL and click a lot, my previous Razer Deathadder 3.5G wouldn't even last half of that time under massive clicks everyday. Now my brother has the Logitech G300, since summer, it's still works like new(except he practically never cleans it)

I have a Logitech G600, well it's new, so can't say a lot, but build quality is really good, never heard someone saying, their products(at least mice, keyboards and speakers) didn't last long, Logitech products are made to last for years. I also have a Logitech G710+ keyboards for 1 year, I see no problems in functionality and nothing is wrong, everything works like it worked the first day.

About Dell, I like their monitors, I have one, it's really good, very adjustable, color depth is amazing, and good quality.

9 years ago*

That mouse appears as if I would just smash it or throw it. I like my mouse to be simple; left button, right button, scroll wheel. Anything more than that and I get to raging about things. But I also do not play games that require the need to have those extra programmable buttons. And for what it is worth, is does look really cool and I hope you find something affordable and meeting your requirements.

9 years ago

Then my mouse will scare you.
Boo :P (And I don't play MMOs, but I practically fully use all the buttons anyways)

View attached image.
9 years ago*

Yea, I really do not have a use for that kind of input device. Really neat though, not scary at all.

9 years ago

it's not bad, but i don't like all those buttons on just one side :P

9 years ago

Thanks, i do hope it too :) I really like it also because I do prefer a more complex mouse :)

9 years ago

I have the G502. It's pretty good, feels nice, and I love the side part for your thumb :D

9 years ago

Nice to hear good news for this mouse :D

9 years ago

get loitech g700.. a really good mouse which i still currently use...
= this mouse can either be a wired one or a wireless
= has 13 buttons that you can program for macroing functions..
= 4 buttons on the left side that you can use for your thumb for multi use in an fps game or any competetive game..
= laser mouse that has adjustable dpi; upto 5k dpi

9 years ago

I saw it too and i liked it, but i do prefer wired mice and i heard that if you use it while in "charge", it becomes less fluid because of the wire.

9 years ago

Are you sure you can't repair it yourself?

If some buttons don't work, just

• unscrew the mouse
  • take apart enough parts to reach the buttons
  • either
    • replace
      • unsolder the buttons
      • buy the same part at your local electronic component store (better buy in bulk)
      • solder the button
    • repair
      • disassemble the buttons with care
      • you will find 2 metallic sheets, one in a slightly concave shape at the top, and the other mostly plain
      • if there's some black dust (carbon) between them, clean them until they both shine again.
      • assemble again with care, check if the buttons work before screwing the case again

I've repaired my mouse countless times with the last procedure.

edit: fyi my mouse is a Logitech RX300, very old.

9 years ago*

Yeah, actually i think i could manage to repair it, but I could also definitely "destroy" it xD It's not a button problem, i had some troubles with the wire. Actually i don't know where but it makes some false contact, so the mouse gets disconnected almost every time i move it. Warranty is over and i prefer not to give it to someone that could repair it because it will surely ask me for, at least, half the money i paid it, and i don't think it's worth it.

9 years ago

Most probable place - is the wire near the mouse. So, just disassemble mouse, cut from the wire about 10cm, and solder it back to the mouse. It should not be hard, there are wires of different colors, you should not mistake. My mouse is over 10 years old, I repaired it a couple of times)

9 years ago

what he said ^

9 years ago

I'm not sure it is where the cable enters, i think it is in another point, i'm not sure. I think i'll try to repair it after i'll get a new mouse, this has served my well for the past 4 years, so i think it's time to move on. If i will succesfully repair it, i'm thinking to sell it for some very low price, or just gift it, to a friend.

Yeah, actually i think it would be better to repair it, rather than just buy a new one... The problem is also that it's not a very good mouse for me, i need more buttons and macros are not working good with this mouse. Maybe this problem was just another thing that finally made me decide to change it

9 years ago

Oh, I see. That's totally different case) Well, I'm not the one to advice here, as I told you above - my mouse is ten years old )))

9 years ago

To repair it is still a good advice :) Thanks anyway ^^

9 years ago

I have the G502 Proteus Core. I've had it for about a month an a half now and I must say it is definitely the best mouse I have ever owned. Good feel to it, has weights so you can shift the balance of it. (I have all the weights int the mouse as I prefer a heavier mouse.) The precision button on the side is nice if you play a lot of FPS and need to slow down the mouse to line up snipes. I prefer corded. My last mouse was wireless and finding the charge cable or replacing a battery can be problematic in a Dota 2 team fight. One bad thing (maybe not) is that is is on the smaller side. I'll attach a pic with a reference shot so you can have an idea. Please note that Kerrigan is not to scale.

View attached image.
9 years ago

Nice to hear other good news from this mouse :) I did not get the "bad" thing though, did you mean it is small? I don't think it is too small, i do have medium/small hands btw XD Oh and really nice Kerrigan you have there ;) haha

9 years ago

Yeah like it is a little on the small side so if you had big hands then it might be uncomfortable.

9 years ago

"Luckily" for me, i have small/medium hands XD

9 years ago

9 years ago

can't seem to find the g502 though

9 years ago

did you turn it off an on again? ;)

9 years ago

Tried installing adobe acrobat reader, did not work xD

9 years ago

Repair old one.

9 years ago

Yeah, actually i think i could manage to repair it, but I could also definitely "destroy" it xD It's not a button problem, i had some troubles with the wire. Actually i don't know where but it makes some false contact, so the mouse gets disconnected almost every time i move it. Warranty is over and i prefer not to give it to someone that could repair it because it will surely ask me for, at least, half the money i paid it, and i don't think it's worth it.

http://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/xTAlK7x

9 years ago

i have a rat-5 and am quite pleased with it. got mine for 50€ at a gamestop store which was at the time the cheapest price i found.

you could perhaps replace the cable of the old one. check how its connected to the bord inside the mouse.
most likeley the problem is where the cable enters the mouse, so you could just cut off 5 cm of cable and reconnect it.

9 years ago*

i had some troubles with the wire. Actually i don't know where but it makes some false contact, so the mouse gets disconnected almost every time i move it. Warranty is over and i prefer not to give it to someone that could repair it because it will surely ask me for, at least, half the money i paid it, and i don't think it's worth it.

it is a Thermaltake Black, i actually loved it but it gave me a lot of problems... software did not work very well, macros were shitty, the first month i got it, i had to return it cause it was faulty (same wire problem!! ) .

View attached image.
9 years ago

I'm not sure it is where the cable enters, i think it is in another point, i'm not sure. I think i'll try to repair it after i'll get a new mouse, this has served my well for the past 4 years, so i think it's time to move on. If i will succesfully repair it, i'm thinking to sell it for some very low price, or just gift it, to a friend.

9 years ago

its usally the point where the cable is bend very often.

if you have a multimeter to check the cable after cutoff and some smoldering skill, the chance for a successful repair is quite good.

9 years ago

The reason why i do think it's not this the point, is because it never bend right there. As you can see in the image there's some hard plastic covering that point, making impossible for the wire to bend. On the other hand i had some problems with the rest of the wire, it is braided and in some points it bent with an angle of less of 90° and it was so hard that was impossible for me to make it straight so i think the cable inside was damaged as time passed

View attached image.
9 years ago

g700 forever

9 years ago

Nice mouse, unfortunately i prefer a wired one :)

9 years ago

Don't forget to check, this sites, when choosing a mouse.

iruler.net/

pective.com/ maybe there is a better site like this, idk. Someone who has has mice missing in that page, can just upload a picture, for example Logitech G502, is missing there, if someone has it in this thread...

9 years ago

Nice :) Thanks

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.