Hi, i want some information for who use this settings, i buy new monitor at 144hz 1080p, and i'm not expert for this, i want buy a cable with 2 Displayport, i have RTX 2070 SUPER and my new monitor is this:

https://www.amazon.it/Samsung-Monitor-C24RG50-1920x1080-Display/dp/B07PFJH2YX/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=samsung+crg5&qid=1606457605&sr=8-2

My question is the cable displayport is ALL support 144hz 1080p and work with all video cards or i need specific cable?

I want cable certificate VESA

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

My question is the cable displayport is ALL support 144hz 1080p and work with all video cards or i need specific cable?

Yes

3 years ago

No

You will need 8 Gbit/s data transmission between your graphics card and the monitor.

• HDMI 1.3 or above
  • DisplayPort 1.2 or above DisplayPort 1.0 or above
3 years ago*

OMG
Even DisplayPort 1.0 has 8.64 Gbit/s data transmission!

3 years ago

yeah, my bad, i looked at 1440p instead of 1080p

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Not exactly. VESA is also a name of...

DisplayPort (DP) is a digital display interface developed by a consortium of PC and chip manufacturers and standardized by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA).

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

This has its real reason. Chemistry. Compared to copper, gold does not rust so quickly (it does not oxidize) - that is why it is used to cover plugs in audio-video equipment. Copper conducts current better than gold - but it rusts much faster (which is not important for a wire - it can be important for plugs).
It's not an "audio-vodoo". Digital or not - when copper is slightly oxidized it loses its conductive properties on the surface. A similar case is the chromium plating of iron. It serves to protect the surface in contact with oxygen from the atmosphere against the iron oxidation reaction.

3 years ago*

Deleted

3 years ago

No matter of worth. I wrote about physical attributes, not about price. The gold coating is spotted very frequently. And it's improve signal (gold will no oxidize as fast as copper). The effect is the same as sometimes you must have to wipe the copper pins (e.g. the keys in the mouse) because these will stop working. So gold plating prevents a situation like this.

As I wrote earlier - copper conducts electricity better than gold - but it oxidizes faster (which can lead to no contact on the plug).

3 years ago*

Deleted

3 years ago

3 years ago*

gold is a metal, you can find it in Mendeleev's table

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_resistivity_and_conductivity#Resistivity-density_product)
Plugs are covered with a thin protective layer of gold so that they do not oxidize. It's the only reason for this.

3 years ago*

Deleted

3 years ago

sure, and im Trump

3 years ago

1080p@144Hz is easily doable by all currently available DisplayPort standards. Even the most noname cheap Chinese cables can do DisplayPort 1.2, the minimum needed for that bandwidth, but the most commonly available cables are 1.4 or 1.4a, which can do 1440p@144Hz, if needed.

3 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort

You have all cable specifications (their parameters - and even more!) available on Wikipedia.

3 years ago

1080p wurrrg :D
Since I have 4k, I can't back to the ugly 1080p. Exept for retros.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.