My GF doesn't want to throw away her old Lenovo s100 because it has sentimental value to her. She wants to get into a co-op or multiplayer game with me but GOD, what games could that old tool handle? most of the games I play need a decent rig. Any of you guys have any suggestions?
She likes JRPG's.. She used to play Chrono cross, FF VII-X, the grandia series and games along those lines..

9 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Torchlight 1 and 2???

9 years ago

+1 for TL2

9 years ago

TL1 is single player only and I'm not sure her s100 can handle the graphics for TL2

9 years ago

then try the other T-game ^^ .. Trine 1 and 2.

9 years ago

Play PCPartPicker together. It may be fun. =)

9 years ago

and very much needed

9 years ago

Or dust off your old graphing calculator for a performance upgrade.

9 years ago

Portal 2? Not sure if it can run though

9 years ago

it definitely won't run on an s100 hehehe

9 years ago

Some of those puppygames games are co-op if you are into those.

9 years ago

suggested it to her but it isn't her type of game

9 years ago

Commandos

9 years ago

nope, she isn't into that type of game either

9 years ago

Pixel Junk Monsters!

9 years ago

she kinda did like the TD concept but asks how exactly does the multiplayer work? I had this installed and she's willing to look into it if she get's more info on the actual MP gameplay

9 years ago

Terraria?

9 years ago

hehehe, I tried getting her to play it with me but all I got was a "meh"

9 years ago

Really? My partner isn't really a gamer but holy crap she loves digging. Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound are all gold mines (I'm hilarious). She also plays a tonne of Civ 5 which being turn based I'm sure you could set to lowest graphics and play out the lag (I don't know what specs your thing is). Or even check out the older Civ games since many consider them to be better.

Don't Starve Together should have pretty low requirements and I think is fun.

9 years ago

Well the biggest difference with Terraria and the JRPG's that she loves playing is that there is a definite ending and there's an immersive story to follow. Terraria is more open ended and it's a game where you make it what you want it to be hehehe.. She has already seen me play Civ V and again, she wasn't interested because there's no story behind it..

9 years ago

Well if you are looking for fun multiplayer local co op i could recommend

Dungeon Defenders
3th person game where you can select several classes as mage or warriors set up traps slashing enemies and for the rpg elements are upgrading you stats better weapons etc so is more tower defense with rpg elements

Sacred 2
top down view action rpg like diablo 2 or 3 with open world +100 hrs game

And i also like final fantasy series grandia was also one of my favorites :)
so for the nostalgia i recommend
Secret of mana: simple but fun rpg and have a lots of fun playing with my brother back in the day

Also for helping running more recent games in my laptop i use Razer Game booster

And Have fun :)

9 years ago*

Secret of mana just about fits the bill but will the multiplayer work with the emulators? I've used emulators before to play Breath of fire 3 and 4, FF VII - FFIX since It's been years since I had my PS1 but i've never tried multiplayer with emulators.

9 years ago

Yes two up to 5 players can have fun so i recomend 2 gamepads

Have fun with you girlfriend :)

9 years ago*

Remove the posts, piracy is against the rule.

9 years ago

I've only played two games in co-op on Steam: BattleBlock Theater and Terraria.

Loved them both.

9 years ago

9 years ago

ahehehehe, she cringed when she saw it. XD

9 years ago

Well as for emulators is legal to use them but with the condition that you have to own the original games like i do
im a collector so i have all my old good cartridges of my SNES :)

So i recommed if anyone can buy SNES classics by all means do it :)

9 years ago*

Unfortunately, i don't own any of the originals.

9 years ago

It seems that Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) is a decent co-op game.

9 years ago

Looks good but it' doesn't have the RPG element she's looking for.

9 years ago

baldur's gate!

9 years ago

I've been trying to get her into the mood of it but we're both at a loss at how the multiplayer works. Can you shed some light on it?

9 years ago

well, each of you could create and play 1 character and then add npcs to your party.
or maybe you'd like more control and play 2-3 characters each. just remember the party has 6 characters max and it's always a good idea to have 1 slot free for npcs because they give you sidequests (or 2 slots as in some cases npcs interact between them).

this game has a pause option (like dragon age) so you both can play strategies without rushing combat. can be annoying if both of you constantly pause and unpause but i guess that could be solved <3

9 years ago

hmmm.. steam only has the enhanced edition.. Does the original version still support multiplayer? I'm not sure her Lenovo S100 can handle the enhanced edition.

9 years ago

they are 2d games, and i wouldn't recommend the original games because of resolution (it's really a pain to play with the original res).
btw, isn't that lenovo from 2011... i don't know what gfx it has or how powerful the cpu is, but it should handle a game like that without issues. anyway, it would be wise to check the compatibility with the graphic card, just in case.

9 years ago

Buy the original game from GOG, then upgrade it as per the instructions in the forum (and depending upon which upgrades you wish to use). It's easy to do.

9 years ago

Doom!

9 years ago

more like an FPS than JRPG hahaha

9 years ago

The Infinity engine games (apart from Planescape: Torment). So Baldur's gate 1 & 2 and Icewind Dale 1 & 2. Neverwinter Nights 1 might also work.

9 years ago

Have you ever tried the multiplayer for any of those? Do we both get to control just 1 character or half of the party?

9 years ago

Neverwinter Nights 1 is a great game and I think it's old enough it might run. Each person controls one character in that from what I recall, and NPCs will join your party

9 years ago

i believe in neverwinter you get 1 character each.
in baldurs gate and icewind dale you get up to 6 characters and i believe both people can control all of the characters. you can even have up to 6 people play

9 years ago

I think we'll give baldur's gate a try first. If it doesn't work then neverwinter nights will definitely not work..

9 years ago

baldurs gate 2 is like 10x better than baldurs gate 1. It's also pretty hard in general
neverwinter is more casual

9 years ago

yup, but like I've replied in the other messages, she's a sucker for stories so I'm definitely guessing she'd want to start with BG1 instead of BG2 hehehe

9 years ago

I've only played a little bit of BG 2 in MP. In it each player could import their own character and if my memory serves, the rest of the characters were controlled by whoever wanted to give them orders. You could play up to 6 players in that game.

9 years ago

Baldur's gate definitely

9 years ago

Have you ever tried the multiplayer for any of those? Do we both get to control just 1 character or half of the party?

9 years ago

Hammerwatch! It's a 2D Co-op RPG and... I dunno, just try it :)

9 years ago

hehehe, she didn't like how it played out.

9 years ago

Payday 2?

9 years ago

do you seriously think a laptop that cant even run Torchlight II could run Payday 2?

9 years ago

Trine 1 and 2, dont starve together, borderlands, battleblock theater, castle crashers, spiral knights, orcs must die. There are a lot of good Co-op games for that laptop.

You can check here the list of co-op games on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/search/#sort_by=_ASC&tags=1685&page=1

9 years ago*

The games you have listed don't meet the JRPG element she's looking for and the reason I made this thread was to as opinions from players who have actually played their suggested game in multiplayer mode. hehehe

9 years ago

Well there is also a valentine day sale on steam
you could go to reddit page for some recommendations
http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/2vw33q/steam_valentines_coop_sale_multiple_franchises/

With your laptop should run
Magicka
Castle clasher for sure

9 years ago

Smashing the laptop into pieces. (Dayum this sounds like Last Resort from Papa Roach

9 years ago

don't starve together is great, hosting a server for yourself with password is super easy.

Though it just depends on wether she will like it or not, it doesn't have any of the rpg stuff and is quite difficult if you just start out.

9 years ago

I've been looking for a few to play with my younger sibling, some we have enjoyed are, Trine 1 and 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Awesomenauts, Brawlhalla, which seem to be pretty light on requirements I think.. leaving this here to see other suggestions as well, Cheers!.

9 years ago

Have you tried Monaco by the way? It's quite fun in MP.

9 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.