Recently, the Turkish lira has depreciated very much, but in Turkey there is a regional version of Amazon Prime for 7,90 Turkish lira (for 1 month), which at the current exchange rate is $0,48 (€0,43)
https://www.amazon.com.tr/prime

[December 21, 2021]
now ₺7,90 = $0,61 or €0,54

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Wow, looks like it lost 35% of its value in one month!

2 years ago

We are one of the highest paying countries if you convert games to unit price

For example ;

Elden Ring Price : $59.99,£49.99

So 60 dollars per unit

We have to pay 500 TL to buy this game, that is 500 units. I mean, it's like buying this game $500.

If we are going to talk about an unfair situation, the prices in Argentina and Turkey are suitable enough for it.

Amazon is maybe the only thing we buy cheap :))

2 years ago

By the way, Elden Ring was 299 TRY at the beginning of the month. The price was increased to 499 TRY a week ago.

2 years ago

We have to pay 500 TL to buy this game, that is 500 units. I mean, it's like buying this game $500.

Man, this makes no sense at all, just to throw the bigger number out with no monetary value linked.

60 euro is 22 035 hungarian forint, but we have a regional pricing. It would be silly to say this is the equivalent of $22 035

2 years ago

i'll make it clear for you:

US wage: 5000 game price: 60
Turkey wage: 5000 game price: 500

this is purchasing power, end of the day you will pay 5x more. this is real local economy wage, different currencies don't matter coz you won't earn in dollar, you earn local, and will have to pay for whatever with it.

2 years ago

Well yes but that's what happens when you buy international. If you don't want that, buy local.
Regional pricing is a purely artificial way to sell international products at local prices.

2 years ago

I believe he is trying to say minumum wage of Turkey is so low (2800 tl which equals to 170 dollars) it is unreasonable that companies decide on these prices.

So it is like 2800 / 500 = almost 1/6 of a wage.
And google says The federal minimum wage for covered nonexempt employees is $7.25 per hour
So an US citizen can buy the same game working a for a day.

Of course math is not excellent.

He is just trying to measure this kind of concepts to express how unfair many things.

Also price of PC components are MSRP of US + %30 so being a agmer is really hard in Turkey game and pc parts wise.

2 years ago

lol b$ units. Elden in Japan cost 9240 units /shrug/

2 years ago

I mean it's about value for money

The minimum wage in Turkey is around 4253 TL

If you buy 2-3 games like this, you will spend almost half of your salary on games. I'm comparing my own country with countries whose currencies are dollars or euro. It's very unfair, but I don't blame steam or game developers for that.

On the contrary, I know that Steam encourages game developers to sell us games cheaper.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 days ago.

2 years ago

It give a lot that have lesser as 1584€ in germany myself included with half of it....

2 years ago

That sucks.
It makes no sense Steam ignores this.
I have been hearing about this issiu for a long time.
Maybe someone from Balkans should open athread and bring people together.
Than other people can invite other gamers and finally they can open a petition by change.org
Might work.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 days ago.

2 years ago

We are small market with low purchasing power = Valve doesn't give a fuck.

2 years ago

Actually not only you but the whole poorer half of EU started with differential EURO pricing after the USD days: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/cu658/no-more-eu-tier-2-special-pricing Valve even had an EU3 region that barely anyone used.
But apparently its agianst EU rules that break the single market so now everyone pays the same as the Germans.

2 years ago

Most publishers never used it to begin with. Here are some comments from that time:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/46ebph/valve_discontinued_the_2tier_pricing_system_on/

2 years ago

I remember those days, but as RePlayBe already said many publishers haven't used it. The Talos Principle was 50% cheaper in EU2, that was great.

2 years ago

Wait, so thats why even older games are at a ridiculusly high base price for some years now?
And here I was clueless and doubting my memory of better prices in the first half of the 2010s!
Folllowup comments say it was never that great as many big publishers did not use it but I do remember tons of games from my old wishlist (AAA titles included) priced significantly more wallet-friendly, reasonably adjusted to local wages.

2 years ago

The minimum wage in Turkey is around 4253 TL

I sympathize with you, the situation in the economy is really frightening right now:(

But just to compare the situation in our countries, the minimum wage for Russia is 12 130 rubles ($165,80)

BABYLON'S FALL costs 5000 rubles
Forspoken costs 5719 rubles

in the USA, this games are cheaper...

2 years ago*

Just making a correction, Turkish min wage is currently 2825 TRY ($172). It'll be 4250 in Jan 2022 and it's hard to guess it's value in USD but definitely it'll be lower than $170. So for lazy people it's 1/5 of Turkish min wage, 2/5 of Russian min wage for Babylon's fall.

2 years ago

Current minimum wage is actually $172
After the increase it was $275 2 days ago, now it is already about $258, this is what people will get next year but it will most likely go below $200 in a few weeks. (Update: New minimum wage is already $237 and keeps falling).

The currency lost 35% of its value in the last month and it goes even lower every day. The president says they are trying a new economic model and Turkey will be the new China, but no one with a proper economics education has the same opinion. The economy will most likely go a lot worse in the future.

By the way, the only region Elden Ring changed its price during the preorder was Turkey. I wouldn't be surprised if they change it again.
Apple increased the price for the second time in one month. Product prices can change in a matter of hours, if you don't buy something instantly, you won't see the same price an hour later. Kind of the same thing as the price bugs on steam.

2 years ago*

CD project also changed last witcher game's price three days after it's launch.
I remember because I wrote a letter to them to explain Turkey is not a rich country and their price policy makes no sense.

2 years ago

While the situation with lira is indeed frightening (didn't know that it fell 50% in the last month) your purchase power on Steam is still much better than Balkan countries. When it's hard always remember that some countries have it worse. :)

2 years ago

Is it at least stable there?
Everything losing so much value so fast we don't know what to do right now

2 years ago

It is stable right now, the currency hasn't moved at all in the last 4 years. We had one of the worst hyperinlfation in history ~30 years ago, don't know how our parents managed through it to be honest.

2 years ago

Does this work with my existing Amazon account that is outside of Turkey or would I need to create a new one?
Same question concerning linking with Twitch :)

2 years ago

I have one account, for 7 years I have managed to use Prime for the USA, for the UK, for Poland... now I have a Prime purchased for 1 year for Poland, although I live outside of all these countries.

You can use the same account in different regional versions of Amazon.

2 years ago*

Thanks a lot for your answer

2 years ago

what about address or cc info?

2 years ago

For address: Google -> Best nightclub or restaurant in Turkey -> Search -> Copy address. Completed. LOL
For CC: They don't really care you can use your own cc.

2 years ago

lol. i liked the address trick :)

2 years ago

thanx, I'll try that

2 years ago

i found this statement, finnaly i can use turkey religion and free trial as well, thankyou!

2 years ago

You are welcome <3

2 years ago

do you buy stuff on amazon and ship it to your house? Or do you just use it for prime subs on twitch etc.

2 years ago

I only buy digital goods, for example I buy Steam keys (without regional locks) there for giveaways.
so I need a Prime subscription exclusively to get games and DLC from Amazon Games

PS: although sometimes I order some goods in the USA, because even with delivery from the USA to Russia, some goods are several times cheaper than buying them in Russian stores.

2 years ago*

So I guess there no need for vpn either to use the prime video ?

2 years ago

I can't tell you because I don't use Prime Video.

2 years ago

You can't really use a VPN with amazon anyway. Contrary to Netflix, Amazon will detect the VPN and block you from watching videos if the VPN is active.

2 years ago

I don't think that's always true, because I'm using a paid VPN and I can use it problem-free on Amazon Video when I'm abroad. I previously tried with a free VPN though and it didn't work. Perhaps they frequently compile lists of common VPN IP addresses and blacklisting them.

2 years ago

Really?! I'm using paid NordVPN and Amazon will always tell me to turn off my VPN. Then again, I don't want to watch with a "home country" - VPN when I'm abroad but with a "different country while in home country" - VPN and that doesn't work for me.

2 years ago

Haha damn, that must really suck I never expected that it wouldn't work on some paid VPNs, perhaps NordVPN is too popular, I always get it on my ads. I'm using a less popular one but it has a good reputation for transparency and privacy, it even won court cases against parties that asked for log data, because it has a genuine no log policy. Anyway it's PIA.
EDIT: Are you browsing the site Incognito? Perhaps they would detect a VPN behavior if you don't clear cookies

2 years ago

Well, who knows. Nah, whenever I tried it, it wasn't in a incognito tab but it's not too bad, honestly, After all, there's still Netflix that works beautifully with a VPN, so there's more than enough content to watch anyway :P

2 years ago

If anyone's here from Turkey, is there a yearly option too?

Edit: thank you creos!

2 years ago*

No, It's only have a month option.

2 years ago

Thanks. It actually works. Got the trial, checked that prime video and prime gaming both works. Only had to put a fake Turkish address.

2 years ago

In addition, Amazon Prime for Turkey gives you 1 month Twitch Prime subscription. (Streamer gets approx. 4 TRY or equivalent exchange rate)

And also you get Free Delivery on Amazon.com.tr

All these things are only 8 TRY in Turkey. Yes, it is real.

PS: You can not buy a kilo of any fruit for 8 TRY in Turkey. (sad but true)

2 years ago

That's nobody's business but the Turks!

One has to hope that the problems caused by currency depreciation help incline Turkish voters to give Erdogan the old heave-ho, but if history is our guide he'll just use it to convince his rural base that this is evidence that this is proof that the outside world is against all the great things he's doing for Turkey.

2 years ago

"EU and USA are jealous of us."

Half of the country once believed that. Present, quarter of the country still believes.

2 years ago

Even most of Erdogan supporters never believed that. They just support him regardless of what he does or what he says.
Most of them do that for their personal gain. A lot of unqualified people got multiple wages or got jobs they never deserved, lots of shady or unlawful acts were overlooked.
A good example could be Turks living in Europe. Two thirds of Turks living in Germany or Netherlands voted for Erdogan in the elections, but they never consider going back to Turkey. If they believe in such a statement it means they should believe the life in Turkey is better than the life in West EU, however it seems they are just happy with the weak Turkish Lira so that they are so much richer when they visit Turkey.

2 years ago

That's dark, worth looking more into though

2 years ago

Let me say very important thing for you about Turks, everybody. Just believe me. If you meet a Turkish person who loves and supports Erdogan, NEVER EVER trust him//her. He/she's either moron or bad person.

2 years ago

that's right...

2 years ago

This is EXACTLY how I and the rest of the world should feel about Trump.

2 years ago

You know, Erdogan is something of a Donald Trump himself.

2 years ago

Unfortunate how they all came to power during the last few years

2 years ago

Erdogan has been in power since 2002. But yeah, Trump always reminded me of him. Trump has never had that much power though, maybe if he could stay as the president over 20 years it would be the same...

2 years ago

I was thinking of other current idiot leaders like Boris Johnson, Jair Bolsonaro, Rodrigo Duterte, etc.
Trump has only been president for 4 years but has managed to convince half the country to go along with everything he says despite being an incredible moron, who wanted to inject disinfectants to cure covid and nuke hurricanes to stop them.

2 years ago

I went to China to study Chinese.
My dorm mate was from Tajikistan. He and his friends was bragging about Erdoğan believing he will save them.
I tried to explain what was published by Wikileaks and it they just ignored me and go back to their reality.

2 years ago

Erdogan supporters in Turkey always say this popular sentence "He is stealing but working hard"

Most of them know and admit Wikileaks, Pandora Papers, December 17/25th (corruption case) but still support Erdogan.

2 years ago

Am I wrong or is it extra charge to use prime gaming?
It says Free 7-day trial. Only €5.99 per month after trial period. You can cancel whenever you want.
Is this the normal fee out of this Turkish deal?

2 years ago*

Are you sure you use the Turkish version of the site ?
https://www.amazon.com.tr/prime

2 years ago

I did activate it on Turkish amazon. Then I clicked the link to prime gaming from there, but it didn't automatically sign me in. So the message I mentioned previously was while I was not signed in prime gaming and confused me. The same front page message was on the prime video I visited while not signed in.
When I open my prime membership page it tells me I have free month and will be charged 7.9 Turkish Lira at the end of it

2 years ago*

Ask me for a mobile phone number, already have mine in my account

2 years ago

is it only for 1 month or we can do it for repeat

2 years ago

you can repeat, this is the standard subscription price in Turkey

2 years ago

We will see.

2 years ago

So I have this charge for 1.12 Turkish Lira. Anyone else got charged?

2 years ago

don't they do this to verify your bank details? I feel like i remember amazon doing something like that when you first sign up (should only be like 1 cent anyway)

2 years ago

Yes, this is a card verifying charge and will refund your card in a few days. You won't charge for first month.

2 years ago

The Turkish lira has risen in price against other currencies,
now ₺7,90 = $0,61 or €0,54

2 years ago

Once the free trial is over, Amazon Prime is just £7.90 per month. You can cancel whenever you want.

Current amount

Updated: My fault (I used google translate and it translate the currency from ₺ to £.)
"Amazon Prime aylık sadece ₺7,90. Dilediğin zaman iptal edebilirsin."

2 years ago*

My bank card is denying the 1.12 Turkish Lira charge. Does someone know why? Because I don't know why is this happening.

2 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

prolly fraud protection, you have to call your bank ask them why it got declined and in case it was indeed because they deemed it suspicious, you just tell them to greenlight it.

2 years ago

That must be because of the particular bank, there are some that doesn't let you do that kind of things, or buy on crypto exchanges and such. It's for "your protection".

2 years ago

I called my bank and told them the situation. They let the 1.12₺ charge and I have turkish Prime now. Thank you all.

2 years ago

subscribed, thanks

2 years ago

Imma go ahead and maybe ask a dumb question: is this only for turks?Turkey region?
Aside from the regional pricing, I've tried several times to activate Prime, back in october 2021 for the prime video, and these days for the free games (probably last year too if it were games).
As far as I know, only USA and Brazil have free trials, despite requiring a credit card for validation purposes.
Now, I was charged about 5 times, got the taxes refunded but not the validations, and yet the activation was never possible.
Im quite sure it needs a credit card based on the same region and billing address than the offer, or it just wont work. Asked Amazon support and at first they said Prime was enabled but somehow I couldn't actually activate. Then they told me I would be able to use it ONCE it expired and were charged 12,99, THEN I could use it.
Yikes, no thanks. Talked and did tests they asked for about 2 hours or so, only to get tired and ask to cancel the supossedly active membership and be done with the darn thing.

At this point I congratulate those who can use both the video prime service, the free shipping, the free games (including all those who carelessly posted their keys for ungrateful ninjas to take) while I saw that way too late :P

Cheers!

2 years ago

worked thank you op

2 years ago

Polish/Poland Amazon for 1 Year cost 49 PLN its mean 10,71 Euro or 12,11 Dolar.

2 years ago

They announced by email a 400% raise on the monthly membership cost. From 7.99TL to 39TL.
Still kinda cheap ~1.83 Euro

11 months ago

You guys jinxed it! :(

11 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.