Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Stopped working.

4 years ago

Read below.

4 years ago

F

4 years ago

Hi, I am using this to run ESGST on Opera. Today it stopped working for some reason. It still works on Firefox and Kiwi tho.

4 years ago

Same here.
Opera 67.0.3575.31

4 years ago

Read below.

4 years ago

It's alive!
Thank you \o/

4 years ago

Read below.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

+1. Every setting is intact and it looks active (non-disabled) just does nothing, pretty much.

4 years ago

Read below.

4 years ago

Just as here. I'm using Vivaldi 2.11.1811.44 stable.

4 years ago

Read below.

4 years ago

It seems there is a problem with Vivaldi.

View attached image.
4 years ago*

I can't see anything in that image.

4 years ago

haha sorry for that
It should be visible now. (I hope)

4 years ago

It's visible, now revilheart can look at it 😅

4 years ago

It's the same problem I have with Vivaldi - there isn't any button to click to change the permissions.

4 years ago

you should give public permission on this image or something like that, right now it can't be seen.

4 years ago

Read below.

4 years ago

Thank you for fixing deleting multiple Drive backups. With v8.6.0 I can clean my backup data much faster.

I have noticed a residual minor bug about updating the list after deleting backups: when I try delete backup files again, it says "An error occurred when deleting the <n> files. s.failed is undefined". <n> seems to be the number of files I have just selected + the number of files I deleted before. Maybe some variable doesn't update when the file list is updated, or something similar. It's not a real problem, the backups get deleted anyway, but the error message might make believe they don't.

4 years ago

Should be fixed in v8.7.0.

3 years ago

Thanks!

3 years ago

v8.5.13 is broken, but since Google takes ages to update extensions compared to Mozilla, v8.6.0 will take a while to arrive on Chrome. A workaround that should fix it until then is to grant permission to GitHub in the settings menu. The reason why it's broken is because it tries to request a file from GitHub (https://github.com/rafaelgssa/esgst/blob/master/browser/messages.json) for displaying important messages and fails if it doesn't have the permission.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Thanks!
In section 12 - Permissions it's the 4th option, *://*.raw.githubusercontent.com/* for sleepy people like me :)

4 years ago

Hello, thank you for info. I don't understand what I need to do to repair extension could you tell me?

4 years ago

Go to the settings menu, under section 12. Permissions, enable the option *://*.raw.githubusercontent.com/* and save.

4 years ago

I have a problem with permissions in Vivaldi. Saving the changes opens a new window which says "Some browsers require an additional user interaction to trigger the permissions dialog. Please click on the button below to proceed." - but I don't have a button there.

4 years ago

Thanks, will look into it. Hopefully Google approves v8.6.0 soon.

4 years ago

In my country we say "idolo!" It's working again. Thanks!

4 years ago

How do I do that? It won't even launch.

4 years ago

The settings menu doesn't open? Then your case is different, any errors in the console?

4 years ago

Sorry, for a moment I forgot where settings are now. Now it works, thanks.

4 years ago

Thank you!

I literally couldn't use the site for 2 days :D

4 years ago

Thanks, site feels good again :)

4 years ago

Thanks for the tip, works fine now :)

4 years ago

Thanks. Yesterday trying to solve this I reseted everything but made a json file of my settings (not personal data) using option 5 "download settings". Now I want to restore it, mostly for bookmarks, theme, train extractors, and enter/leave buttons, but I can't find where. I tried on option 2 "Restore data" but this option seems to be for personal data and my settings are not imported. I must be missing something very obvious.

4 years ago

It's on restore data, toggle the "Settings" option and restore it.

4 years ago

Thank you, I knew I was missing something obvious, and hey, I was missing the computer icon, just picking my file and closing the window :dumb:

How can people live hiding games with two clicks.

4 years ago

://.raw.githubusercontent.com/*

Turning it on solved it for me.
Click on the EGST tab to bring up settings, scroll down to the end.

4 years ago

It was weird that there were no answers for almost 2 days!
Posted, then almost a day later came to edit/update no working status, nada
Then came back today, now, and saw people woke up and commented, thankfully with a fix
EDIT: YUP! it works again now!!
For the record I'm using Mozilla, so no Chrome crap for me, it still didn't work. I've JUST enabled the ://.raw.githubusercontent.com/* thing, will force refresh a few times and see if it FINALLY works :P

Thanks R, I know you have a life and sometimes things just get broken, it's life! but still wanted to say I apreciate your work and everybody's effort in helping others fix this thing, so thanks you all

4 years ago

You could probably update your version then, because v8.6.0 has been out on Firefox for a few days now.

4 years ago

Hey man, weirdly enough it hasn't updated yet, by activating that url thingy like some users said it got it working again, but as of now hasn't updated on its own. Thanks

4 years ago

It seems 8.6.0 went through Google since I got it in Vivaldi - ESGST itself was deactivated after the update, I had to enable it again.

However I still can't save the changes to permissions, I still don't have the button to enable that. Dev console showed an error in Line 803 of permissions.js - I don't know if it's something you can change.

4 years ago

It's probably because v8.6.0 adds the GitHub permission by default, so users have to review it before enabling it again. It didn't show you any message when it updated? Chrome usually shows a message informing users that the extension's permissions were updated.

I'll look into it when I can, but is the extension still not working? Because, like I said, the GitHub permission is now enabled by default, so it should work without any configuration.

4 years ago

I didn't see that message in Vivaldi, I only noticed that the ESGST menu button was gone on SG.

The extension is working perfectly, I just wanted to add a permission for ITAD too, snd I still couldn't do that.

And I also want to thank you for your work, ESGST adds a lot of good features to SteamGifts :)

4 years ago

Mine just got updated and i might be reading something wrong
but it said it need my approval for "Read your browsing history" permission
not that i don't appreciate the hard work, I cant even use SG without your help <3
but if you can explain how is this needed?

4 years ago

I have no idea why it would say that. The only permission that was added was the GitHub permission. You can check the source code to see the required permissions: https://github.com/rafaelgssa/esgst/blob/master/browser/webpack.config.js#L94

4 years ago

I don't know how much time you have - it's still not possible to save the changes to permissions in Vivaldi. Console shows an error in permissions.js under Promises (it's in line 803 of the console-formatted version of permissions.js).

4 years ago

I just want to thank you again for all the work you are doing, this time when it got broken just made me appreacite it more and see how kinda I got so used to this extension that improves quality of life stuff so much that without it I was lost, annoyed (about clicking some extra stuff) but overall just made me appreacite this work you are doing more, and honestly even on Chrome, it was fixed so fast, I thank you so much!

4 years ago

Thank you, statements like this are what motivate me to keep improving the extension.

4 years ago

[Ext 8.6.0 for latest chrome] There is still a problem with false whitelist checks. It checks a few first pages only. Almost every false claimed user has whitelist-only giveaway in their profile on pages after 5

4 years ago*

I haven't looked into it yet.

4 years ago

Solved. I didn't sync groups for months

4 years ago

I remember that you could display the Group names of group only GAs in the Overview (so you knew which group hosted the giveaway without having to click on the group Icon) - I can't find that function anymore, am I missing something or was it removed?

4 years ago

4 years ago

How do I stop it from defaulting to discussion, when I click on games?

4 years ago

What do you mean?

4 years ago

When look at giveaways, it keeps showing the discussions sections, so I click giveaways a few more times to actually see it.

4 years ago

Sorry, I still don't know what you mean. Can you illustrate with a screenshot?

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

4 years ago

It was disabled.

4 years ago

4 years ago

I think my SG has two instances fighting each other or something.
It was enabled, I did nothing. I refreshed the page and most of the options were turned off. I refreshed again and the options were mostly turned back on.
I turned off this option this time. Just now.

4 years ago

Maybe you have both the extension and the userscript installed?

4 years ago

Yes. I removed the annoying extension.

4 years ago

The pop-up description when joining GAs from the main page (https://www.steamgifts.com/) with the "Enter" button (2.11 feature), does not show up after you have hidden a GA (2.20.1 Feature).

4 years ago

I cannot reproduce. Are there errors in the console?

4 years ago

Hi :) Just added you on Steam to send you my config. I still have the issue.

4 years ago

The preview doesn't show images

View attached image.
4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago*

Hello again! I am having trouble hiding an element via Element Filters :D
I want to hide two red boxes (shown on the picture). So far, I have been using this abomination:

div.page__outer-wrap:nth-child(4) > div.page__inner-wrap > div.widget-container > div:last-child > div:last-child, div.page__outer-wrap:nth-child(4) > div.page__inner-wrap > div.widget-container > div:last-child > div:nth-child(4)

But sometimes there is a featured giveaway and that changes the order of elements (I guess :D) so it hides pagination instead of the empty boxes.
Is there any solution to this?
Thanks!

View attached image.
4 years ago

Try div[style*="padding-bottom: 35px"]

4 years ago

Whoa, looks like it works. Thank you very much, css wizard!

4 years ago

Nvm... computers are strange things, it fixed itself somehow, this time I have just installed the script installed instead of the extension and after refreshing firefox it just works

[Issue that no longer is happening]

4 years ago*

What issue were you having?

4 years ago

It was like 3-4 small things only.

I can only remember these 2 off the top of my head right now sorry.

Whenever the overlay for the script came up like opening settings, SGT checks etc etc it would snap to the bottom of the page below the actual content of SG (like below the archive/stats/roles...)

Whenever I tried to create a GA the calendar would be offset to the right, like the font somehow was bigger but the calendar box size didn't change so only 6 days of the week would show up and 4 week long months (so the bottom row would be cut off), I had to type the date in manually depending on the day I wanted it to finish.

After uninstalling the script because it wasn't working properly I couldn't get it to work at all the first few times, on the 5th time or so it just worked 🤷‍♂️ resetting the whole thing seemed to do the trick, just had to go through the settings all over but that's not a big deal

4 years ago

Thanks for the report.

If you backup your data, you can just restore it when something like this happens, without having to re-configure everything.

4 years ago

How to disable this popup? https://i.imgur.com/SoYM3Ia.png

4 years ago

it can't be disabled

4 years ago

That sucks...

4 years ago

rev, is there a possibility to automatically "block all communication" on steam those you blacklisted on steamgifts?

4 years ago

I can't implement this on ESGST, but you can use this function on Steam to block users by Steam ID:

async function block(steamId) {
  await fetch('https://steamcommunity.com/actions/BlockUserAjax', {
    credentials: 'include',
    headers: {
        'Content-Type': 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded',
    },
    'body': `sessionID=${g_sessionID}&steamid=${steamId}&block=1`,
    'method': 'POST',
  });
}

Go to Steam and paste this code in the console log (Ctrl + Shift + I). Then you can call it like await block('123456789'); with the Steam ID of the user that you want to block.

Now, getting those Steam IDs from ESGST is tricky because there isn't a way to do that through the UI at the moment. If you're patient, I can add such an option (that can take a while), but you can get these IDs manually from a ESGST backup. If you need help with that, let me know.

4 years ago

One more thing about wl/bl checker. Is there a way to keep height of the "retrieving user's giveaways" string? Every time when script switching user to check the whole table is twitching =P

View attached image.
View attached image.
4 years ago

Should not happen in v8.7.0.

3 years ago

Will check when it will arrive in chrome store. Thank you!

3 years ago

Here it is! Now its perfect. And also 870 fixed the problem with eternal "saving" comment from the original box

3 years ago

Good. I'll give a shot.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I'm looking into this.

4 years ago

Are you sure you followed the proper steps to create the train? I tried creating a train and it linked them correctly. Also check if you're on the latest version.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

The latest version is v8.7.0. You can check it in the heading button, as you can see in the image below. Yes, you need to put the code that you can get by clicking on the "Generate" button in the description of the giveaways. And you also need to toggle the "Create train." switch. Everything should be explained in the tooltips.

View attached image.
3 years ago*

It is not working right now. Is there anyone else has this problem?

4 years ago

Kinda. It always freezes and I get an error that says something like "ESGST slows down the browser" and if i click "disable extension", it reloads and works for a minute or two.
FYI I'm using firefox

4 years ago

When did this start happening?

4 years ago

Ahh, I forgot to mention it, I already got it working. It was compatibility problem with "Steamgifts Steam Ratings", but I found an old thread where you mentioned how to solve it.

I'll write it here if anyone has the same problem:
change children[0] to children[1] in the script (there should be 2 of them)

4 years ago

It just stopped working? Are there any errors in the console log?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Can you check if you are maybe using both the extension and the userscript? They could be fighting each other.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.