Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hi, i am about to migrate to Tampermonkey from Violentmonkey because some other scripts do not work correct but when i try to install ESGST script adding dialog freezes as well as Tampermonkey itself (some memory leak i guess). Is it possible to fix it? I use Chrome 65.

6 years ago*

Why you don't use the extension version? It's much more stable and faster.

6 years ago

No idea, does it ever unfreeze?

6 years ago

After some Chrome temporary files cleaning i was able to install ESGST script in Tampermonkey with no problem, i do not know why it was stopped before but everything works like it should to now.

6 years ago

Hi,

on the winners page when I will check people for non activated wins and also for whitelist/blacklist the script will check more people and not just the winners.

For example on youre GA the script check 24 people instead of the one winner.

6 years ago

Cannot reproduce, it's checking only one user for me. Are you using other scripts that could be conflicting?

6 years ago

Hi rafaelgs18,

I found the problem.
It is up to 1.24 "Quick Inbox View" and 1.24.1 "Preload the first page."

If both are enabled, it will also check the users of my message page.
If only 1.24 is enabled the script check only the winners. But when I hover over the Inbox icon and the messages are loaded then the script will check the winners and the users from the message page again.

For me it is ok if I leave 1.24.1 disabled.

6 years ago

Ah, thanks, I know what is going on now, will fix it for the next version.

6 years ago

Is Endless Scrolling not working for anyone else?

P.S. ESGST ♡

6 years ago

Go to settings and click on the icon left of endless scrolling (the little cogwheel). Then activate all options where it says include and save changes. This worked for me.

6 years ago

Oh, I'm an idiot. So many cogwheels and I didn't even occur to me once that they actually had a purpose. Thank you so much!

6 years ago

Has the option to hide the featured giveaway container been removed or am i just blind?

6 years ago

That option and a similar one removing the container below the featured one have been removed. They've been replaced by the Element Filter, option 7 in the General section. You can get rid of the featured container by putting .featured in the filter. It could technically be incorrect since I'm not an expert on coding, but it works.

6 years ago

Thanks for your help. The description has the featured container as example.
[esgst.giveawaysPath].featured__container

6 years ago

Hey guys, there's no endless scroll to the created giveaway page?

6 years ago

Endless scrolling works everywhere, check your include settings (the cog wheel next to the feature name).

6 years ago

That did the trick, thanks

6 years ago

I really like the ga extractor
one cool feature would be to add that if the only GA it extracts is a SGTools one, to open that one directly
it happens a lot, that I open the ga extractor just to need to click on the SGTools link again

6 years ago

Does the new option to open SGTools links in new tabs solve this for you?

6 years ago

can't find it, where is it?
nvm found it, the problem is this can open tons of new tabs, so maybe make it possible to limit it somehow?

6 years ago*

See if the new option helps you.

6 years ago

the way to include them is even better

6 years ago

it seems, you can't have both (open in new tab and also include them)

also they aren't filtered correctly I think

6 years ago

Well, if they are opened in a new tab it makes no sense to include them.

Can you be more specific about what is not working correctly?

6 years ago

if there is only one, it mostly is the only GA extracted so it should open it, but if there are more and mixed it is cool to include them

I had some extracted and with filter on, they were all hidden, even though I would like to see them (they matched the filters)

Edit: ok just checked the problem is I filter for chance, but these have no chance (as 0 entries) they don't show up

6 years ago*

While still using the script on Vivaldi, I switched to the extension on Firefox a few days ago. But somehow I can't make it find any updates, currently I'm stuck at 7.16.5 and the addon page always says there are no updates. What am I doing wrong? ^^°

6 years ago

The extension is now on Mozilla's addon store, which means that I no longer have to provide updates, Mozilla does it automatically. But you will have to go here and click "Add to Firefox" to update to v7.17.1. After that, all future updates should be automatic.

6 years ago

Thank you very much, it worked. :)

6 years ago

I still had to manually update for this newest one.

6 years ago

You mean go to the store and add it or manually update it from the addon page?

6 years ago

From the link in your post.

6 years ago

But you tried from the addon page and it didn't find any updates?

6 years ago

I did find the update from your link. Is that the only way to get updates?

6 years ago

I mean the addons page on the Mozilla browser (about:addons), did you check for manual updates there? Because otherwise I believe Mozilla only updates addons every 24 hours.

6 years ago

With the Giveaway Winning Chance (2.23) feature enabled, I can hover over the displayed chance to view the chance per point. Is there any way I can filter by this number?

6 years ago

Not at the moment.

6 years ago

Now it's possible.

6 years ago

Sweet, thanks!

6 years ago

Hello rafaelgs18, I'm using you add-on with great pleasure since SG++ started to not show up the grid.
I was also using a separate script for user notes, and I started using yours in time.
I uses on 2 PC's and a laptop, all using Mozilla and I merge the setting from one to the other.
My problem is that since a week or so the user note section started to grow like hell, from a mere 1.4Mb to 27Mb.
Looking in the json file seems that the notes are duplicated at every merge or something like that
I know that I could delete the notes.. but I think u understand that I don't want to loose them. So.. how can I clean them up and prevent this from happening.
Thank you very much for reading ^_^

6 years ago

I'll have to look into this later. The only way you can prevent this from happening until I fix it is to import data from one to another without merging. But that won't clean up the duplicate notes, it just will not duplicate them more. I'll try to fix it and add an option to clean duplicate notes by the next weekend or so.

6 years ago

Thank you!

6 years ago

v7.17.4 will now clean your duplicated notes the next time you import.

6 years ago

Thank you very much rafaelgs18.
Impressive work, my notes now are now 159KB :))

6 years ago

Anyone else has problems with alt-account owned not working or how they are synced? Four days ago i installed one game for two of my alts and it does not show that they own it. Any ideas on how to fix this?

And messing with those settings drove the owned tabs crazy so now i get this:

And is there any way to remove those owned things from settings where you can move all those info's around since there are lots of them there now :]

View attached image.
View attached image.
6 years ago

Wow, something crazy going on here, I'll need to do some testing. In the meantime, you can disable owned for alt accounts. Or, if you want, you can reset it, by entering this in the debug menu (do you know where it is?):

esgst.settings.gc_o_altAccounts = [];
setValue(`settings`, JSON.stringify(esgst.settings));
6 years ago

Yeah, grazy is the right word :]

I will disable owned for the meantime, and if you need any info, etc. just ask!

6 years ago

Can you post a screenshot of your owned settings? How many alt accounts have you added?

6 years ago

Sure, here you go. I have 6 alt accounts. And none of them work either, i have activated few games to my alts but it does not show any "owned by XXX" :\

And everytime i enable/disable it the number of those items in "draggable categories" goes up, it now fills two pages there and if i see some GA with it there are about 40-60x owned icons :]

Oh, and btw. Where should "Chance per Point" show?

6 years ago*

Ok, you can bring down the screenshot now if you want.

It would also be helpful if you could post the output of the code below from the debug menu (if it's too big maybe use a Pastebin):

console.log(JSON.stringify(esgst.gc_o_altAccounts));

Chance per point shows when you hover over the chance.

6 years ago

Actually, try this, I think I know what the issue is:

alert(JSON.stringify(esgst.gc_categories));

Are there multiple gc_o?

You say they increase every time you enable/disable the feature? Are you dragging the categories?

6 years ago

Is it fixed in the latest?

6 years ago

Yeah, those duplicates are gone now, thanks!

But alt-accounts do not still work though (does not show "owned by: X") :\

6 years ago

Should be fixed now.

6 years ago

Yeah, it all works fine now. Thanks a lot for a quick fix! :]

6 years ago

Hi again!

I've run into a weird error. My "Giveaway Info" is displaying extra giveaways. I'm not sure what is causing the error. This happened right after updating the Chrome Extension and importing my data. Like in the image shown below, I've only given 2 of that game but its claiming I did 4.

Edit: Oh and the not activated / multiple wins checker now displays the wins/activations at the bottom instead of the top, under the "check" button. Is there an option to change that?

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Probably your giveaways were duplicated when importing. Try syncing your giveaways again, if that doesn't work I'll have to look into it.

As for the checker, no, I'm moving all checker results to the bottom of the popups, because the position of the button should not change as often. And the "Options > Button > Results" flow is much better than "Results > Options > Button". Especially if you want to cancel the check, the second flow is a lot more annoying because the button's position keeps moving all the time due to new results being added. If it's something that you really cannot get used to, I can see if adding such an option wouldn't be a hassle, but I'd rather not have to do that.

6 years ago

That makes sense! I can learn to ignore it.

I tried syncing again (did it earlier to see if it helped) and it still says that. It seems to only be affecting my more recent giveaways, everything after February 17th has the increase in numbers.

6 years ago

I'll try to add a fix in the next version.

6 years ago

I'm still getting the double numbers on the recent giveaways, even after syncing. Would deleting the info, then syncing, fix it? If it will, I'm not sure which option to select under "Delete Data".

Thank you for the updates!

6 years ago

I didn't add a fix yet. Usually I reply to comments when their issue has been solved, so I'll reply to you to let you know when I fix it.

6 years ago

In the latest version, open the data cleaner menu (the button with the brush in the settings menu), enable only "Duplicate data." and click "Clean". Your duplicate giveaways should be cleaned.

6 years ago

Hi,
In list of my own 'previous nicknames' there are 2 extra nicknames. I have never changed my nickname here, and these 2 nicknames in the list are existing users who probably registered before myself and seemingly never had another nicknames either.
Could be some bug, of course if this is not added manually (but why it would be).

6 years ago*

Having the same issue here, though a couple of those names are fitting. :X

View attached image.
6 years ago

Back to normal for now.

6 years ago

Hmm, thanks for reporting, even I'm getting it. Looking into it.

6 years ago

Should be back to normal for now, the database had gotten completely messed up on March 18. Not sure why, but I'll look out for the next few days to see if it happens again.

6 years ago

am i the only one who have game categories bugged?
some games will show genre while others dont
it was working fine few days ago

6 years ago

For me the only categories showing are 'removed' and 'wishlisted', 'DLC', 'cards' and 'achievements' don't show up anymore. It started Tuesday, or at least that's when I first became aware of this.

6 years ago

Yeah I'm having the same issue. Only one or two games show all the information. the game rating, trade cards and genre tags are skipped with most games. Only tags that do seem to work are owned and wishlisted.

6 years ago

Same here with categories, they only appear for certain games, in my case it doesn't depend on the categories, but on the game. Each game will show all of them (meaning all related to the game, not all without filtering) or none.
They also load a lot slower than before. I believe this started happening with the last update.

6 years ago

Yep same here, some no longer show achievements, review score etc.

6 years ago

I have similar issue, too. Some games started not to show the trading card information on giveaway list. I think they worked find last week. My current version is 7.17.3.

6 years ago

They should be fixed now.

6 years ago

ahhh, the colors are back :D
thanks

6 years ago

how to revert to preview ?

View attached image.
6 years ago

Go to the Others > "Lock giveaway columns so that they are not draggable (they will remain in the set order)." option in the settings menu, select Giveaway Columns in the dropdown, click "Reset Order", select Giveaway Panel in the dropdown, click "Reset Order". If you don't want to move them around, enable the option so that the columns are locked and cannot be moved.

6 years ago

I also have some trouble with game categories. Not showing Trading cards on all games.
I noticed it today. I think I had 7.16.5 went to discusions and said I didnt have latest version. Noticed it didnt update by itself anymore so went to firefox page and installed new version. Still same problem. I tried sync again but didnt help.

TypeError

columnNumber: 30

fileName: "moz-extension://5431882d-5ff7-418c-b24f-119311a7b7e6/esgst.js"

lineNumber: 15642

stack: "getGcCategories@moz-extension://5431882d-5ff7-418c-b24f-119311a7b7e6/esgst.js:15642:30\n"

proto: Object { stack: "", … }

6 years ago

Categories should be fixed in v7.17.4.

Did you previously add it from the Firefox page? It should automatically update since v7.17.1.

6 years ago

Thanks, tags seems to work now. Like I said, I had older version then 7.17.1. What I ment was that I didnt have the newest version and I tried updating but it didnt solve the problem. I noticed it said
7.17.1 (March 14, 2018):

Add extension to the Mozilla store

So I figured that was why auto update didnt work :)

6 years ago

I wonder how long should sync take. Some parts of it takes so much time that I wasn't able to finish it in hour: Owned/Wishlisted/Ignored Games, Reduced CV Games and No CV Games.
It's Firefox 52.7.2 and ESGST as extension (7.17.3).

6 years ago

Those items houls not take long, check the console log for errors (Ctrl + Shift + J).

6 years ago

I've got these errors in console log:

Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. ExtensionCommon.jsm:265
withLastError resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm:265:9
wrapPromise/< resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm:316:11
TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.

Looks like some network resource is unavailable. But which one?

6 years ago

Can you try syncing one item at a time to find the culprit? Are you using Firefox containers?

6 years ago

Every of these three items is causing the issue: Owned/Wishlisted/Ignored Games, Reduced CV Games and No CV Games.
No, I don't use Firefox containers.
BTW now I'm getting in console.only "TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource. (unknown)".

6 years ago

You checked each of those items separately and each of them gave the error?

6 years ago

Yes

6 years ago

Well, I've just restarted Firefox to update it to the latest version (52.7.3) and now all syncs are going smoothly. Not sure what was that (I've tried to restart FF before).
Thank you for your help anyway.

6 years ago

Firefox' latest version is 59.0.1, I believe. Were you on a version older than 52 before? Because the script is only compatible with Firefox 52+.

6 years ago

I'm using Firefox ESR. Its version is still 52.x.x.

6 years ago

Anyone else happen to face that endless scrolling doesn't work?

6 years ago

Where? Check the includes (gear icon next to the feature name) to see if they are enabled. If there is no .* include, try adding it.

6 years ago

Everywhere. Main page, search page etc. Cant figure the problem

6 years ago

Did you check the includes?

6 years ago

i tryed without checked anything, with everything checked, etc

6 years ago

Hi! Excuse me, but can anybody tell me what do I need to install for using this script with Opera? Since now, thanks for the answer! :D

6 years ago

There are instructions in the OP, you can use Tampermonkey.

6 years ago

I'm using the Chrome extension version in Opera (the instructions are pretty much the same, since Opera is built on Chrome source code), seems to work fine as far I can tell, been using it for months now.
It's much faster than the Userscript version.

6 years ago

Hi, can you fix the linear-gradient for level bar?
and make it with these:
#609f60 0px
#518955 8px
#365E3D 100%

6 years ago

There is nothing broken to be "fixed", but if you mean you are suggesting that, I'll take it under consideration.

6 years ago

I'm running firefox and keep getting the "new updates available" - a coupe of hundred times now.. when i came to this page it told me that i do not have the lastest version installed.. ok, fine.. bu tfor the life of me I can't see a way to update

6 years ago

Go here and click "Add to Firefox". The extension was added to the Mozilla store, so updates are now handled by Mozilla, but you have to update manually first.

6 years ago

Thankyou very much. all sorted now

6 years ago

Hello all, I would appreciate if anyone reading this could cast a vote here: http://pollmaker.vote/p/QVQYLPS0 This was recently brought up by someone and I am very confused about it, because in my point of view, importing means uploading (and therefore arrow up) and exporting means downloading (and therefore arrow down), at least on ESGST. So if more people could shed a light on it that would be great.

6 years ago

Search on google pictures:
Import icons - most of them are down
Export icons - there are more Up arrows than down arrows
I would agree with google, so I voted for "Import - Down, Export - Up" :)

6 years ago

I would still like to see an actual web page where the function to import data is a down arrow, because I do not believe it. :P It makes sense for software, but for web apps I think is the other way around.

6 years ago

The current use in the script is fine.

6 years ago

If you switch to the icons for sign in and sign out and rotate them to face up and down that might convey data in data out more clearly.

6 years ago

Using that logic, fa-download and fa-upload would work better, I think, since they are already facing up/down. Then I could rename "Import" and "Export" to "Restore" and "Backup", respectively. That should take care of any confusion users might have (though I find it hard to believe there is any confusion at all, since there are tooltips clearly stating what each button is).

6 years ago

yeah i don't understand where the confusion comes from but anything with an arrow pointing to something should be easier to understand.

6 years ago

I think I've found a case in which according to ESGST there is not enough information to know if I am whitelisted by a user, but there actually is.
KeyserSteam just made two group + whitelist giveaways that I was able to enter. I am not in that group, then ESGST should be able to claim that I am in his whitelist when I run the BL/WL check, if I correctly got how that feature is supposed to work.
I also synced everything before running the check again.

6 years ago

Did you check them in the last 24 hours and then checked again after they made the giveaways? Results are cached for 24 hours, as the description of the feature states.

6 years ago

I only checked after they made the giveaways.

6 years ago

Can you list the groups of the giveaway with their URL? Like: https://www.steamgifts.com/group/macmD/attackyourbacklog

Also, can you run the code below on the debug menu of the settings menu and post the output? The output will be on your console (Ctrl + Shift + I).

groups = [];
esgst.groups.forEach(group => {
    if (group.member) {
        groups.push(group.code);
    }
});
console.log(JSON.stringify(groups));
6 years ago

Group url: https://www.steamgifts.com/group/7EbhN/mtytgveaways

Debug code output:

["vornn","Gd3ux","TrDWC","ImEGo","A8CCO","mItuS","JI6s4","TUJhM","B8Xbg","2cr5r","o4L9J","cGX3B","9gRZ3","wEcJZ","bVQGz","mCxqE","EqKMc","8LUqo","j7z0q","odxK5","YtIlx","hSccd","gqVNa","5z3dy","F33MC","ajh88","ogyPl","ZeQrW","WdPZE","wiupU","iVQEz","SJ7Bu","8S8vj","Mn9xM","IrbQn","8XCrQ","hQ2uz","A2vsD","E0gq1","0AG8Z","727Pg","APvZB","9wI8Y"]
6 years ago

Can you try checking them again and seeing if a "Retrieving user's group giveaways" message appears while they're being checked?

6 years ago

It appears "Retrieving KeyserSteam's giveaways (page 1 of 3)..." for a second.
I'm doing the check on the user page with the option " Only check KeyserSteam" enabled and all others disabled.

6 years ago

You have to check "Also check whitelist.", otherwise it only checks if you're blacklisted.

6 years ago

Then I think I've just been talking about bullshit and you can forget everything. For some reason I was ignoring that option, maybe because the result message made me think that it also checked if I'm whitelisted, I'm not sure. Sorry for wasting your time, with that option enable it works as it should.

6 years ago

No problem, I should probably make that option enabled by default for new users, or revert it to "Only check blacklist.". I think that would be more intuitive and avoid any confusions.

6 years ago

I've once again run into a bug that I didn't report before but this time it cost me about 45 minutes of work...

There seems to be a problem with the undo functionality in the textarea for New Discussion (it's likely in the textareas for new posts as well).

I did the following:

I copied text from an old topic into the textarea on the New Discussion page. Then I edited text and copied some smaller texts over old text and pasted in new stuff.

I also pasted in some links and the first link I pasted had Automatic Links enabled. I did a Ctrl+Z and that went fine and then disabled Automatic Links and pasted some more links.

I did more editing and pasting and then at one point I pasted a bit of text in the wrong place. I hit Ctrl+Z and all of a sudden all the work I did disappeared and all that was left was the text from the old post that I pasted at the very start of it all.

Any idea what could be causing this?

6 years ago

I'll look into it.

6 years ago

Can you reproduce the issue with ease? I've been playing around with it for a while and have not gotten the same issue.

6 years ago

I tried to reproduce it soon after my original post but wasn't able to. I was thinking it might have to do with how long the tab has been open or even with posting/editing in another tab with the original still open.

I'll be making a lot more posts the coming weeks with most of these use cases, so I'll see what happens.

6 years ago

When it happened, you coult not redo?

6 years ago

No, it completely replaces all the work with the very first paste into the, at that point empty, textarea. Redo and undo don't do anything anymore once you hit Ctrl+Z (undo).

6 years ago

Just switched from script+Tampermonkey to extension. Big speed difference.
Thank you & Happy Easter :)

View attached image.
6 years ago

Yes, and performance in the extension is likely to improve over time, while the script is likely to stay the same.

Happy Easter :)

6 years ago

I just found the entry tracker. Great feature. Kudos!
Can't help feeling it is showing a bit high entries but it's probably correct since I was more active in this department from the start :P

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Well, just check your entry history, is it accurate?

6 years ago

It's more an admission of my biased perceptions than a suspicion of a fault in the tracker. I just wrote probably because I don't have the knowledge or motive to find out, I trust your judgment more than I do mine in this regard.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.