Welcome to this years 'What are you trying to win lately' thread! The rules are the same as Last year:

Post the name of the game(s) you've been entering the most giveaways for recently, but have been unable to win.
Then, if someone with a spare key for it is feeling generous, you might just get a nice little Christmas present :)

EDIT: Please only list the games you're trying to win in a single post, as otherwise it may look like you've been ignored even when you've been gifted something already. Don't be greedy.

That's it folks, time to close the thread! Was great seeing the turnout this year, especially from people willing to give to others. :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I have been looking for Turnip Boy, Genesis Noir, and TOEM

1 year ago

Should have a copy of turnip boy, add me on steam.

1 year ago

I've been looking for Crash Bandicoot™ N. Sane Trilogy and the Spyro trilogy. My childhood! I believe both have been bundled, but I'm not 100% sure, sorry if not.
Also just recently found out about Wasteland 3, Looks like it'd be right up my alley!
Happy holidays to all!

1 year ago*

I recall getting them both in Humble Choice, so they were definitely bundled. =)

1 year ago

Yep, they were bundled in November 2019 Humble Choice. Been 3 years though so probably not that many copies floating around anymore.

1 year ago

Shadow Tactics: Aiko's Choice is the one

1 year ago

So am I missing something about TOEM? Why does everyone seem to want this?

1 year ago

It's cute, it's cozy, it's relaxing, it has heart & soul and a nice art style. And it has 99% positive reviews. You could read some of those if you want more reasons.

1 year ago

They have terrible taste in games.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

No double dipping, don't be greedy.

Please only list the games you're trying to win in a single post

1 year ago

1 year ago*

Technically, I have a key for Zombie Army Trilogy, however, it's a German key so I'm not sure whether or not you could actually activate it. :(

1 year ago

Thanks for the offer! I do think a German key would activate on my account, but maybe it would be the censored version? No need to find out though; I managed to find myself a key just yesterday! Have a blueheart for the offer, really appreciated!

1 year ago*

Yeah, it probably would've been the censored version. Glad you found a key though :)

1 year ago

I have a lot of games I want but I really want to try
civ 6
plague inc

these are games that arent in genres i have played before

1 year ago*

Factorio has never been bundled

1 year ago

ah sorry i dont know what you mean by bundled

1 year ago

Let me google that for you

I suggest the 2nd link from Fanatical:
What is a game bundle and where to buy them

😉

1 year ago

And will NEVER be bundled.
The developers made a pledge not to spit into the faces of the people who supported them and made the creation and continued support of this stellar game possible.

I truely respect that.

1 year ago

eh I dont think putting a game on sale or bundling is spitting on the face of old customers. For exaple I bought terraria at full price long ago and btd6 and have many hours in them and i dont feel slighted that I could have gotten btd6 for free or terraria for like 2.50, but I think its also fine if the never put it on sale as its their game so their choice.

1 year ago

I know that's not your point but the last time you could Terraria for less than 5$ was back in 2016.

Game prices generally speaking deteriorate so quickly. I've seen well known Indie Games like Lovely Planet 2 being given away for free just 4 weeks after release. And release buyers who are basically the people who finance the games we all like to play are constantly being ripped off AND end up with an inferior product so it's refreshing to see a developer who is convinced of the quality of their game and values it properly.

Edit: I mean... you have played over 1.100 hours of Factorio. You must know better than I do it's easily worth 30 bucks 😅

Edit 2: My bad 😅 I mistook your general playtime for the one in Factorio. But for Factorio it's wouldn't be unusual... I've just briefly checked some reviews and I've seen at least two dozen ranging between 1k hours to 3k even up to 9k.

😆

The factory must grow.

1 year ago*

haha yep

1 year ago

Dude... you already own Factorio.

View attached image.
1 year ago

Yeah someone just gave it to me today I am very grateful, i should edit my comment

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

If you are suspicious you can see I have 0 hours in it yet

1 year ago

It was more of a joke. I saw the 0 hours.

1 year ago

ah ok I am very excited to start

1 year ago

Hello funnyduck99, I've added you for Cities Skylines.

1 year ago

wow thank you!

1 year ago

For Me it's:
Supraland
Kitaria Fables
Plate Up (Im a Qualified Chef)
Ring of Pain (Loved it on my fathers Xbox)
Rustler

1 year ago*

While I'd love to win TOEM and Bonfire Peaks, the one that's REALLY vexing me lately is Where The Water Tastes Like Wine. It just looks so GOOD!

Thank you to myronarth for WTWTLW

1 year ago*

I have a whitelist giveaway running for WtWtlW and you're a long time member of it - you should enter ;)

1 year ago

Thank you for the offer, I appreciate it

1 year ago

I have a key for Where The Water Tastes Like Wine. i'll add you on Steam.

1 year ago

Thank you again

1 year ago

I'm trying to go for Mad Experiments: Escape Room to play online co-op with my wife :)

1 year ago*

I want that game too it looks fun

1 year ago

You need two copies to play co-op. I can provide you with one if you're still needing it.

1 year ago

She got one, one more is all I need :D

1 year ago

Added

1 year ago

I've been trying to get Age of Wonders: Planetfall, HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED, Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI and Satisfactory

1 year ago*

Some of my stats for these games:
Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI - 220 entries; best chance: 1.2%
Age of Wonders: Planetfall - 140 entries; best chance: 2.04%
HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED - 60 entries; best chance: 0.56%
Satisfactory - 56 entries; best chance: 0.5%

1 year ago

i want civ 6 but looks like it will be a while

1 year ago

Just sent you a Steam invite ;)

1 year ago

Thank you :)

1 year ago

Toem and Deathloop whenever I have seen giveaways for them are the ones I'm trying to win.

1 year ago

Luck hasn't been too generous with me on Steamgifts over the years, maybe because I only enter giveaways for games I actually want to play.
Some recent (as in the last few months) unlucky tries:
Barotrauma
Shadow Tactics: Aiko's Choice
The Ascent

1 year ago

How often do people win? I havent won anything and I am curious at how many active users win here.

1 year ago

If you enter mostly public giveaways, expect your first win after 1000-2000 entries.
If you want better chances look for private invite only giveaways in the discussion or groups to join. Please read the rules of those groups before posting in their threads.

1 year ago

ok thanks!

1 year ago

Please read the rules of those groups before posting in their threads. Edit: Or clicking "join" on Steam I thought this part would be obvious
You burned yourself already once ...

1 year ago

yeah i clicked join before I read the rules, hopefully it will let me try again when my account is old enough

1 year ago

Your account is fresh, but once you have a lot of entries you can also look at the "luck per month" metric in your profile. It will calculate if you should have statistically been lucky or not (means it takes into account if you enter public giveaways with lots of entries or private ones with little).

I'm at -2, meaning I could realistically have won two times by now, but just have been unlucky.

1 year ago

Ok thank you for the info, and I am sorry good luck, I hope you win some games!

1 year ago

No worries, at some point it will turn around. And I've even "won" a gift here through this thread, so I'm technically at -1 now :)

1 year ago

Added for Shadow Tactics: Aiko's Choice :)

1 year ago

Thank you so much, leniu! You are a great person. Thanks for the chat, too

1 year ago

Added you on Steam for Barotrauma - Happy New Year!

1 year ago

Unfortunately my beginners luck on steamgifts has run out a long time ago. Though not every game i have whitelisted has been on a giveaway, there are some who did get a giveaway but I never won. Some of the games I have been trying to win are:
Superhot (any of the 2 games)
Blasphemous
(Yakuza Kiwami)

1 year ago

Added for SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE :)

1 year ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

1 year ago

I've been hunting Necromunda since July's choice.

1 year ago

I've been trying to get a lot of games from Jingle Jam 2022:
Here Comes Niko!
Kitaria Fables
Aporia: Beyond the Valley
Ato
Chatventures
Dude, Stop
Eternal Hope
Flipper Volcano
Fury Unleashed (Supplied by vanderjaght)
Hellblusser
Killrun
Mad Experiments: Escape Room
Maiden & Spell
Paperball
Pocket Watch
Popo's Tower
Primal Light
Tanuki Sunset
Uligo: A Slime's Hike (Supplied by Jiggakills)
Vibrant Venture (Supplied by Leniu)
Viscera Cleanup Detail
Wunderling DX (Supplied by Mayanaise)
Zombie Rollerz: Pinball Heroes

1 year ago*

Just sent you a Steam invite ;)

1 year ago

Added for Wunderling

1 year ago

I have a Fury Unleashed Key for you!

1 year ago

Added for Vibrant Venture :)

1 year ago

This month seems to be full of:
Toem
Unexplored 2
Final vendetta

1 year ago

For me it's for a long time:
Warsaw
Going Under
Ring of Pain
Wasteland 3

I just love RPGs, roguelikes and card games. Mostly because of my longterm relationship with Magic the Gathering (physical cards).

EDIT: Thanks leniu for Warsaw! :)

1 year ago*

I have spare Warsaw key. Added you on steam ;)

1 year ago

Wasteland 3 and Greedfall have both been on my wishlist for quite some time. I'm hesitant about buying the Humble Choice again, as it has been 'less than great' for quite a while now and I don't want to commit to 2 months if January returns to 'normal service'. :)

1 year ago

You don't have to purchase the January bundle if you use the coupon... you can still pause if you don't like it.

1 year ago

Cool, might do that then, thanks! :)

1 year ago

how do you guys got so many keys to gift? I am still working my ways to collect keys from my bundle purchase. Has been interested in Wildfire, but don't see it too often....or maybe it just my rank too low...:(

1 year ago

Once you start buying bundles it can easily become an obsession 😅

First it starts out as a nice little surprise every Tuesday wondering what the next Humble Bundle might bring (Bundles also used to be better as the market oversaturated), then you start buying games from genres you don't usually enjoy because they are highly reviewed and they're soo cheap. Then there's collecting for the sake of collecting, nostalgia collecting the games from your childhood when they pop up on Steam, collecting for trading cards, removed game collecting... Buying Bundles with games you already have and enjoyed with cool Community events here on SG in mind. OCD, FOMO...

Getting games for as cheap as you can basically becomes a meta game. People even used to price snipe waiting for new Humble Bundle to come out because BTA prices (Beat the average) used to fluctuate quite a lot in the first few hours when a new Bundle came out.
It's basically a rabbit hole.

😅

1 year ago*

Game collecting is indeed a rabbit hole. For me though, I am more impressed by you guys gifting to others without exceptions of getting anything back in 1:1 ratio. Even though many bundles have great BTA value, it is still a lot of money when you add all the puchases together, not to mention you guys spend the money not for self pleasure, but for the others' happyness. I am rather stingy, so it is difficult challenges for me - slow growth but meaningful challenges.

1 year ago

isnt it expensive though?

1 year ago

Maybe not as expensive as some other hobbies but it definitely adds up over time.
But ultimately it wasn't so much the money but rather the time investment to keep track of all the bundles and grab every freebie that made me dial back my Steam collecting significantly. Now I only buy when I see truely exceptional Bundles which have become rarer and rarer anyway, like 2 or 3 a year.

But when I see Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls with some other stuff for 8 bucks or the whole Resident Evil franchise, of which I previously had none, I still can't resist 😅

1 year ago

2k Megahits bundle indeed unresistible. They adjusted few game list to make you wanna buy that similar bundle every year. @_@!

1 year ago

I see Ein became a real dog!

1 year ago

Long time no see master dwarf 😄

It started out as a Halloween-avatar, only ment for a brief time but then there was this Sony or Sonic game showcase which gave some free profile drops, one of them this sweet, animated avatar frame with blue light twirling around the picture.
I really liked that frame because it goes so perfectly with the Police Corgi 😅 and I've had it for like 2 years now so I guess it's permanent.

1 year ago

It's terribly cute.

1 year ago

I buy basically every bundle that has any games I think I might want to play some day, but only redeem a few (gotten increasingly picky as my Steam library has grown). As a result they add up fast. The extra keys either end up being used in trades, or are given away at random to people who would like to play them (talk about them in threads, have them on their wishlist, etc.) :)

1 year ago

Do you guys trade games here or you have a private group or something? I tried to trade at Reddit, many outcome are fine, but still got token advantage to force-trade. Sometimes there are people pushing to trade cheap games (games always in every bundle) to trade with rare games... The energy of verifying the trade consumes too much of my time that I decided to just not trade online anymore.

1 year ago

trading is not permitted o stemagifts, there is steamtrades where you can try and trade

1 year ago

I trade on barter.vg almost exclusively.
There's also indiegameswap on Reddit and steamtrades.com, but I rarely use them these days.

1 year ago

One of the games I've been trying to win for quite some time is Neon Abyss. It's been on my wishlist list for a long time and i never managed to get my hands on a copy. Some other games I've been trying to win are Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor ,Deep Rock Galactic and Atomicrops.

1 year ago

For me it is Wingspan, ATOM RPG Trudograd, Ancient Enemy

1 year ago

Added for Ancient Enemy

1 year ago

Thank you

1 year ago

ΔV: Rings of Saturn

1 year ago

Added on Steam

1 year ago

Accepted that'd be super cool!

1 year ago

Generously fulfilled, thank you so much.

1 year ago

I try to win anything in the wishlist section.

1 year ago

Lots of them really, but I don´t mind if I´m not lucky. If I´m really interested in a game I end up buying it (I wish HB would pack gamedec and the ascent together)
Anyway, I don´t know how to find out the most entered giveaways but, I would say these ones:

The Turing Test
The black book
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Sid Meier's Civilization® V
Morbid: The Seven Acolytes -Thanks Leniu!

1 year ago*

Added for Morbid: The Seven Acolytes :)

1 year ago

Closed 1 year ago by jiggakills.