I've been reading reviews and seems anno2070 its more complete (multiplayer, difficult) than anno 2205. But i cant decide which one should i buy. So tell me about your experience in both games and which one should i buy. I never play an anno game

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Which game should i buy?

View Results
Anno 2070™
Anno 2205™

id get both, to sad they are uplay and i don't want to install that :I
edit: after looking at the reviews it seems anno 2205 isnt even anymore what made anno out. so id go for anno 2070

7 years ago

and 2070 incorporates TAGES 3 machine activation limit...

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

i played all anno except anno 2205.

7 years ago

2070 no doubts.

7 years ago

2070 is the great game. Even in multiplayer with friends. Like it.
So recomend it to you =)

7 years ago

Anno 1404 / Dawn of Discovery instead

7 years ago

+1

Especially as he has never played any Anno game. Absolute MUST to play Anno 1404 then.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

+1 - it's the last good Anno.

7 years ago

+1 + venice expansion.

the other both games that he say are garbage

7 years ago

The best one.

7 years ago

omg was checjing Dawn of Discovery in steam page and seems very good. Now i am thinking buy dawn of discovert and anno 2070. The only problem i see in those games are uplay and DRM (i dont know what is that), but I hope that does not give me troubles

7 years ago

DRM is short for Digital Rights Management. For games, it basically means you can not run the game without also running a seperate client (in this specific case 2 of them, Steam and UPlay)

Also: Yes, Dawn Of Discovery is the best one ;)

7 years ago

Oh, they will give you trouble, and lots of it! Thankfully there are cracks that get rid of it. Even if you buy the game, you'll get a better experience if you use a cracked .exe to play.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

I stopped playing Anno after 1404, so I can't help you.
But you should move this topic to Off-Topic or General, cause Bugs/ / Suggestions is only for questions/ ideas w/r/t steamgifts.

7 years ago

I strongly advise against buying Anno 2070 or 2205 on Steam. They both use Uplay even when you buy them on Steam.
Not only is Uplay itself kinda buggy and slow (takes ages to set up and install your game, and occasionally requires you to
do strange things, like run Uplay with admin permissions or it won't start), but also on top of that you end up with two
DRMs
, as it will require both Uplay and your Steam client running. If you absolutely insist on buying one of the two, try
to find a bargain for Uplay instead. Otherwise, I suggest you get 1404 (Dawn of Discovery) instead. Since the latest patch it's
basically DRm free, it's a very nice game and doesn't requitre Uplay.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

If you use it rarely, like i do, it also takes likes half an hour patching the Uplay client first. As I said, I also had trouble with certain patches and the client not starting up as it should. Guess it's not so much of an issue, once it's set up, working and if you use it regularly. Still why not get the game directly for Uplay then, so you can just avoid running two DRMs at the same time? In my opinion they shouldn't even sell it on Steam if it requires Uplay. Up to this day they don't even mention the fact that Anno 2070 requires Uplay in the Steam store (they only mention Tages, which often seems to cause trouble for people as well). It was one of the first games that I bought on Steam, a few years ago, imagine my surprise when instead of a game I got a code for another game client. That's like when you go shopping in your favorite bookstore and once you paid instead of handing you over your book they give you a voucher for an ebook on amazon. It may have changed, but back then, Uplay wasn't straightforward to set up, the client seemed more like a freaking social network, asking me to add friends before I could even redeem my game. Think what you want about EA, but at least they keep their Origin stuff separate from Steam.

7 years ago

Neither of them, unless you're keen on a Sci-Fi setting.
On top of having Uplay and Steamworks (if bought through Steam) as DRM, they also have another one:
Tages (with 3 activation limit) for Anno 2070, and Denuvo for Anno 2205.
If you want one of these, be sure to get Uplay keys, unless you want Steam Trading Cards.

I'd advise you to get one of the older ones, such as Anno 1404, preferably with the Venice add-on.
Despite the warning, it doesn't have Tages anymore, it's been removed but Ubisoft didn't update the store page (like usual).
On a side note, Anno 1404 doesn't even enforce Steamworks, so it can be played DRM-free after the first installation.
The older ones (Anno 1602, Anno 1503 & Anno 1701) are only available on GOG.

7 years ago

Buy neither. Like others have said, the DRM situation is unacceptable. I'd tell you how to get the games without DRM, but I'd probably get suspended for that.

Also, add my vote to the Anno 1404 fans. But again, I'd recommend against buying it. You'd still be giving money to Ubisoft, and I don't believe they deserve it for removing the DRM after putting it there in the first place and keeping it for years.

7 years ago

Are you aware that it's the people who "don't buy" games that force publishers to enforce stricter DRM solutions?
Also, I'm not too sure if it would be possible to get Anno 2205 via "alternative ways", as Denuvo is a tough nut to crack.

Please note that I'm absolutely NOT defending publishers, or DRM, but nowadays it's really common to see people just ranting about them, without even realizing why such practices exist in the first place.

7 years ago

Anno 2205 because Anno 2070 is soooo 135 years.

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by sbarack.