October 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ October 26th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† November 2nd 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Ring of Pain - gift link notification

Tools Up!

• Belarus, Russia excluded from activation

๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Katana ZERO 98% of 35778 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/460950 W M 0 $14.99
Amnesia: Rebirth 77% of 4877 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/999220 W L 0 $29.99
John Wick Hex 69% of 140 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/1405790 W M 0 $19.99
112 Operator 87% of 2333 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/793460 W M 0 $24.99
Guts and Glory 81% of 1409 โค ๐Ÿ† 0.00 CV โ˜  app/537340 W M L 6 $14.99
Ring of Pain 92% of 1836 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/998740 W M 0 $19.99
GARAGE: Bad Trip 74% of 247 โค ๐Ÿ† 0.00 CV โ˜  app/878580 W M 2 $14.99
The Textorcist: The Story of Ray Bibbia 86% of 566 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/940680 W M 2 $14.99
Tools Up! 77% of 495 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/1004490 W 0 $19.99
Hiveswap Friendsim 94% of 1025 - - 1.95 CV app/833040 W M L 0 $12.99
Black Future '88 76% of 368 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/751820 W 0 $19.99
Syberia 3 49% of 1897 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/464340 W M 8 $29.99

โ˜  - Game was free at some time and does not grant any CV if given away.

Retail:

• $237.88

CV:

Humble Original / Extras: The Groundz

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 12 10 12
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is this lineup a trick ๐ŸŽญ or a treat ๐Ÿญ?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Oooof, this is a pretty bad month but Iโ€™ll still keep my subscription going otherwise the regrets will haunt ๐Ÿ‘ป me even in the afterlife โ˜ ๏ธ.
[New subscription] This time IGN managed to put the right ingredients in the cauldron โšฑ๏ธ of this bundle. I am bewitched! ๐Ÿฆ‰
[Maybe subscribe] Not all the featured games are interesting for me, but overall I still wouldnโ€™t call this a bad ๐Ÿฆ‡ lineup. I need my crystal ball ๐Ÿ”ฎ to help me decide.
[Pause] I donโ€™t see anything Spooktacular โšก among these titles.
[Cancelling / will not buy] None of the last months appealed to me ๐Ÿ–ค, therefore I think itโ€™s time to pull the plug completely โšฐ๏ธ.

Alright, so I also got the offer, and my plan is about to run out - but it still says "Your next bill is for US$35 on October 26, 2021.", and if I click to claim October's games the popup says "3-Month Classic Plan US$35.00"

Madjoki then told me I had to switch to month-to-month payment, so I changed my billing cycle from 3 months to monthly with the warning that I will not be able to go back to 3 month cycle. After that I went to claim October's games and was charged $6.

2 years ago

For 5โ‚ฌ it's worth it.

2 years ago

Also got 5โ‚ฌ offer. I am not interested in these headliner games, but for that price I may find there some indie games to try.

2 years ago

Resubbed, paid and it says at Nov 30 I will be charged 18โ‚ฌ. Anyone has same?

2 years ago

It says my next bill is for US$6 on November 30, 2021.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

You bought the October bundle for 5โ‚ฌ, you were charged 5โ‚ฌ and got access to the October games.
At November 30 you will be charged 18โ‚ฌ for the yet unreleased November bundle, which is the date of the auto-charge (last Tuesday of the month). But you will be able to pause for a month or to cancel your subscription to not have to pay these 18โ‚ฌ (and therefore you won't get the November Choice games).
Edit : If your offer was 5โ‚ฌ for several months, then I don't know :/

2 years ago*

It's kinda weird from some details I have seen. In one part it shows coupon and below it shows the full price...

2 years ago

Yep, exactly same problem. On bill is marked coupon for 3 first months, coupon is in inventory, but it says at November I will pay 18โ‚ฌ. Hope they haven't started with some shady practics to increase sells.

2 years ago

no, price will change at checkout next month. Had same with last 6$/6mo

2 years ago

It lies visually when you are applying a coupon. That is shows two different prices.

2 years ago

Got 6$ for 3 months. Guess i can give some of these games to friends

2 years ago

Got $6 for 3 months. It's a gamble I guess since this months games are awful. Hopefully there will be a game or two worth the 6 coming up.

2 years ago*

Also got 6$ for 3 months, tempted but skeptical why not 6 months. Makes me think there are shitty 2 months left to reveal.

2 years ago

lmao true. But there's probably more than two shitty months, so no huge loss.

2 years ago

For real. $6 for this month's choice is still not appealing to me. For the next two months? Maybe. It's like Fanatical's mystery bundles. You're gambling in hopes you get something good. You might or might not. Do I want to take the chance though...

2 years ago

I mean, I'm definitely not defending humble here, but even the worst choice is infinitely better than fanatical's scams mystery bundles.

2 years ago

Having bought 2-3 mystery bundles over the years I'd say that's probably pretty accurate. HB offers quality, on average.

2 years ago

The same. But if there's 1 really good game, might be worth it. Might.

2 years ago

They've been doing them for 3 months at a time since the earlier 6 month one expired. I wouldn't read much into it. I cancelled a week ago after my 3 month $8/m expired and just got a new 3 month $6/m offer today.

2 years ago

Ye mb i shouldn't read into it that much idk.
Guess i was spoiled with the 2x6 months some ppl got and now going to 3 months seems weak.

2 years ago

me too. they finally give that coupon to me, hahah. i'm not that interested in this month's games though, and i'm not taking that chance in case the next 2 months are horrible.

2 years ago

December generally is a good month tho :) I think it's more a matter of "customer retention" rather than long term planning on their end.

2 years ago

So I have Humble Choice Classic, paused this month, and now am offered the $6/month for 3 months deal but it sounds like it would change my subscription from Classic to Premium? Meaning after the 3 months are up the price of the subscription will be higher then ever?

2 years ago

if you're on Classic plan, the coupon keeps you on Classic plan.
"$6 USD a month to sign up for Humble Choice Classic for 3 months"

2 years ago

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info. :)
Bought it since wanted Katana Zero, and $6 wasn't too bad for it ($12 was too much though).

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

"Single use coupon. Coupon is redeemable to sign up to Humble Choice Premium at $6 USD a month for 3 months before any applicable taxes and fees. "

This is what it says in the email I got.

2 years ago*

same here, im worried if i stay on classic after 3mo

@EDIT
Press 'select games', select all, then 'claim 12' then u can see '$6 USD a month to sign up for Humble Choice Classic for 3 months'

So even there was ;oremium plan' in mail, u stay on classic

2 years ago*

I had this concern back in december when the first coupon came out - figured if they really do remove me from classic, it's a sign for me to quit bundles/go back to the pausing every month strategy for coupons.

2 years ago

Carefull if you are on the annual billing cycle. Got that $6 offer, clicked "redeem" in the mail and "unpause" on the site that opened and it just used one of my prepaid months. Guess I could have seen it coming, but it would have been nice if they made this clear.

2 years ago

yeah it says that in the email but when you try to apply it it correctly says Classic.

2 years ago

Got that $6 x 3month email today.
Biting at $6, at least there's no stupid Golf Game

2 years ago

How to use the coupon if there are still remaining months?

2 years ago

I think it only works for the monthly subscribers, doesn't work if you bought a yearc plan and have credits left. Maybe try buying it as a gift and gifting it to yourself on a different account?

2 years ago

Multiaccounting for abusing sales is really bad advice..

2 years ago

if you ask a friend to get it for you it's not multi accounting :-)

2 years ago

Multiaccounting to advantages with offers can be banned by HB.

2 years ago

I'm having the same situation, pausing for the month (classic) while still having lots of month remaining (yearly plan). If I took the coupon, will my remaining months will be gone ? or my yearly will be switched to monthly ? so confusing ...

*edit
just received email from Humble Bundle team, its a no for prepaid annual plans :/ why bothered sending me those coupon.

"
Thanks for reaching out to Humble Bundle Customer Support. This particular coupon does not apply to the prepaid Annual Plans. I'm sorry for the confusion!

I've alerted our marketing team to the issue so that we can better route coupons in the future.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Take care
"

2 years ago*

Thank you for your information

2 years ago

For $6 it's an awesome deal! Would happily buy Katana Zero alone for that. Just needed to wait a few days for this one lol.

2 years ago*

Deleted

2 years ago

To my surprise, i got the 6$ offer too. The one and only i received was back in December. After that i got an email only once about getting 12$/month for one year, while i was already on classic plan lol.

Anyway, will jump on the wagon for Amnesia and hope it's more of a survival horror experience than Machine for Pigs was. Katana Zero looks cool too. Will check the rest and maybe give them away to friends or here.

2 years ago

I haven't received the offer and it still shows me the 12$ price when trying to buy it. Is there any other person in this situation?

I'm a classic subscriber. I only received the 6$ offer in December but I didn't use it.

2 years ago

You'll need to receive the offer via email first. It seemed some classic subscribers got the offer but had troubles applying it? Some claim if they have the setting set as month to month they could apply it. But You'll need to receive the offer first. Make sure you are subscribed to their promotions.

2 years ago

I didnt receuve the offer either and I am subscribed to their emailsand have paused this month. I would assume that not everyone gets the offer

2 years ago

Same, i didn't receive anything, i guess i just pause, 12 bucks for such selection its too much.

2 years ago

Classic subscriber here as well and have not received any offer. Shame because I would've gladly taken that coupon...

2 years ago

Also sitting on the fence with the $6/mth for 3 months deal. The only real looker this month is Katana Zero which can arguably be worth the $6 and some, but the thought of being locked in for another 2 months with nothing interesting is quite a gamble.

The CDN conversion isn't too much either but I'm sitting on a lot of unused keys in my HB account already.

2 years ago

u can always pause next month-u will lose only 6$ promo for 2 mths. Even 3rd month will be must-buy for you, u will pay 12+6=18 for 2 monts, so still better than 2x12. Also, there is always a chance next month will be good bundle

2 years ago

There's always a chance, and I'm a gamblin` man. There's also the gamble that I'll forget to pause at the appropriate time and usually the house wins that one.

Slippery slope with lots of spikes

2 years ago

for all those who got coupon 3mo/6$:

its better to pause THEN redeem if close to end. Maybe there will be a leak for next month, u can decide then if its worth or nah

2 years ago

Does it happen regularly that games are leaked beforehand?

2 years ago

No, not at all. We maybe had 3-4 relevant leaks in all these years. Sometimes they intentionally announce one or more games early, but that's also rare.

2 years ago

Okay, thank you!
I've never gambled on Mystery/Humble Monthly Bundles. With the coupon, I consider it for the first time. But October is pretty weak...

2 years ago

And again, I would have taken them on the $6 offer (Choice games still make decent GAs), but apparently I'm not worthy.

2 years ago

Isn't there some trick to Humble Bundle games now, to avoid their whole phantom banning thing? Always generate keys and give those away, never gift links -- or is it the opposite?

2 years ago

You're right, don't do gift links. There haven't been any reports regarding giving away keys afaik.

2 years ago

I paused but I really hope I get that $6 deal. Would def go for it then

2 years ago

the trick is to have like 3 humble accounts and only 1 of them gets sent the deal. they dont give a shit about long time customers

2 years ago

Or two where both get it and only one can use it...

IGN logic...

2 years ago

Does Humble just send 6$ coupons randomly? It would be an alright price for me to get Katana Zero and Ring of Pain, but it seems they hate me :/ And they keep advertising getting the games for 12$, which isn't true for me

2 years ago

I seem to get the $6 for one month quite often (last 2 or 3 for sure). The $6 for 3 months thing is more rare.

2 years ago

I noticed they send out coupons on tuesdays evenings. As for which one they send it depends (seems random).

My theory is it depends on which past deals you've taken part in before. If you only try out humble during the $6 coupons gotten in December, that's the one they'll send you to entice you to come back. For ones that never gotten choice, I've seen $8-9 coupons, never $6. I'm guessing certain groups and criteria being met will get you the $6 coupon if they're passing it out. Some weeks or months though they're only giving out $8-9 coupons though. For bundles that sell poorly, they seem to offer the $6 coupon more to bump their sales.

2 years ago

They sent the coupon this time because everyone paused as soon as they saw the bundle.

2 years ago

That's the thing, for 6$ I'd grab it. Katana Zero and Ring of Pain are solid, especially if the KZ dev finally releases the second part of the story (I beat it on Gamepass, but it was honestly so good I'd do it again)

2 years ago

I got the $6 offer -- I've only had a subscription once, for one month during whatever the wacky "one month dirt cheap" deal was a year or so ago.

I'm debating it, but I really don't know if Humble will give me $18 in games over three months,

2 years ago

I got the offer as well and not sure if it's worth. Last few monthlies haven't been that good and what are the chances next two are going to be if they send out these offers.

2 years ago

Well, enough folks AREN'T getting it that it might mean the games in each bundle aren't reflective of whatever active discounts are coming. It's possible the Humble/IGN folks don't communicate internally that well between the folks handling promotions and the folks getting games.

I don't really know, mind you -- just pondering.

2 years ago

You don't really have to think if Humble will give you $18 in games over three months.
Instead think if you want this month for $6.
You aren't charged $18 at once. You pay $6 for each month you buy. If you don't like the next month, it's fine. Just pause/cancel. You will lose the coupon, but it doesn't cost you anything more.

2 years ago

I'm not worthy of that $6 offer from December till now. great HB... very great indeed XD

2 years ago

Personally, I st bgly believe Katanq zero alone is more than worth 6โ‚ฌ

2 years ago

Wow. 10 Ignored and 2 Owned. That's impressively terrible.

Well. This is literally the first time in 4 years that I've paused a month.

2 years ago*

They never send me coupons...

2 years ago

Same, not sure if this matters, but I have the Classic 3-month plan and time left before the next 3 month payment is due. I also don't pause too often, but have paused 3 of the last 6 months.

2 years ago

Bought with coupon, for the one game I actually wanted (Katana Zero), US$6 is lower than the lowest recorded price (in my region at least).

Redeemed Katana Zero and Ring of Pain, No idea what others (if any) I'll actually redeem.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.