October 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ October 26th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† November 2nd 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Ring of Pain - gift link notification

Tools Up!

• Belarus, Russia excluded from activation

๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Katana ZERO 98% of 35778 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/460950 W M 0 $14.99
Amnesia: Rebirth 77% of 4877 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/999220 W L 0 $29.99
John Wick Hex 69% of 140 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/1405790 W M 0 $19.99
112 Operator 87% of 2333 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/793460 W M 0 $24.99
Guts and Glory 81% of 1409 โค ๐Ÿ† 0.00 CV โ˜  app/537340 W M L 6 $14.99
Ring of Pain 92% of 1836 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/998740 W M 0 $19.99
GARAGE: Bad Trip 74% of 247 โค ๐Ÿ† 0.00 CV โ˜  app/878580 W M 2 $14.99
The Textorcist: The Story of Ray Bibbia 86% of 566 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/940680 W M 2 $14.99
Tools Up! 77% of 495 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/1004490 W 0 $19.99
Hiveswap Friendsim 94% of 1025 - - 1.95 CV app/833040 W M L 0 $12.99
Black Future '88 76% of 368 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/751820 W 0 $19.99
Syberia 3 49% of 1897 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/464340 W M 8 $29.99

โ˜  - Game was free at some time and does not grant any CV if given away.

Retail:

• $237.88

CV:

Humble Original / Extras: The Groundz

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 12 10 12
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is this lineup a trick ๐ŸŽญ or a treat ๐Ÿญ?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Oooof, this is a pretty bad month but Iโ€™ll still keep my subscription going otherwise the regrets will haunt ๐Ÿ‘ป me even in the afterlife โ˜ ๏ธ.
[New subscription] This time IGN managed to put the right ingredients in the cauldron โšฑ๏ธ of this bundle. I am bewitched! ๐Ÿฆ‰
[Maybe subscribe] Not all the featured games are interesting for me, but overall I still wouldnโ€™t call this a bad ๐Ÿฆ‡ lineup. I need my crystal ball ๐Ÿ”ฎ to help me decide.
[Pause] I donโ€™t see anything Spooktacular โšก among these titles.
[Cancelling / will not buy] None of the last months appealed to me ๐Ÿ–ค, therefore I think itโ€™s time to pull the plug completely โšฐ๏ธ.

Was expecting something better, since last month was bad. But this one isn't any better. Been a while since I paused two months in a row.

2 years ago

i feel it same....but for me it is third :(

2 years ago

Welp, turns out it was 3rd one in a row for me as well. Somehow forgot about one, lol.

2 years ago

Only 2 games I want out of it, and I was going to pause for yet another month, but I was offered a $4 off voucher, so I ended up just gettting it anyway. I hope next month is going to be one of those amazing months we all hang on for..

2 years ago

My subscription end in Jun, but now extend to July, and if they keep things like this, I don't want to subscribe any more, once my subscripti on is over.

2 years ago

This is the worst ever!!! New record!!

2 years ago

Katana Zero is amazing but overall this is probably one of the worst Monthlies I've seen.

2 years ago

Monthly subscribers: Resident evil 7, Devil may cry 5, Ni no Kuni II, Desperados III, Monster Hunter: World, Yakuza 4-5-6, SpellForce 3: Fallen God, A Plague Tale, etc. There are so many really big games that came out not yesterday and have not yet been in bundles. Let's pray that games like this are topping the new monthly bundle.

HB: hehehehehehe, YES.

2 years ago

Games like Resident evil 7,Yakuza 4-5-6, A Plague Tale etc are on Xbox Game Pass. And wasn't Plague Tale free on Epic? Publishers/developers just have easier ways to profit now,they view bundles as feeding the grey market with keys. Taking a quick check from M$/Epic doesn't have any risk to permanently devaluing a game on PC.

Also the community around monthly/choice was/is insanely negative and lacking any self awareness/perspective. Every single month is the worst one yet for like 60% of commenters. You could have a bundle with Yakuza 4,Plague Tale and Re7 as headliners and people would still find a way to say it's all trash,not even worth it with a coupon let alone full price etc because if something doesn't cater to their taste and their taste alone that must mean it's garbage.

2 years ago*

Do you find this bundle worth the full price?
Guts and Glory and GARAGE: Bad Trip - free on Alienware Arena.
Syberia 3 - was in 8 bundles, had a 90% discount on Steam.
The Textorcist: The Story of Ray Bibbia - was in 2 bundles, had a 90% discount on Steam.
The rest of this bundle is decent indie game. But this bundle doesn't even have any headliner. So we were given some decent indie games, a few games that cost almost nothing, and a few games that were free.
Do you think it's worth the full price?

2 years ago

It's worth mentioning that the Textorcist was also free on EGS last year.

2 years ago

For the classic subscriber price of 12$? Because that's the price the regulars here usually have. As far as my own taste is concerned I saw worse months. Removing taste from equation though it's always like 1$=1game which is simply a good deal when headliner alone doesn't even go for 5$. Case in point Katana Zero,while an indie headliner is like 7,5euros on a steam sale. You won't get 11 other game keys even if you bought Katana Zero at full price of 15euros. Not everyone is watching every giveaway on every corner of the internet 24/7. I haven't seen GARAGE: Bad Trip giveaway for example. The histrionic behaviour just gets so old. If you took the comments at face value you'd think Humble is putting out Indiegala shovelware and robbing their customers in broad daylight.

2 years ago*

I would agree with this sentiment, but if you compare it with previous bundles, the decline in quality is obvious. It's encroaching the shovelware bundle level.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

Only interested in Katana Zero and Amnesia: Rebirth. Easiest pause.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

Why reward those who are willing to pay full price anyway?
They need those who are not willing to pay in order to get some more money.
This is business and nothing else.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

If you want to vent, you can talk to a cat or a wall.
It's strange to write a comment on the forum and be outraged that someone answered you.

2 years ago*

StarPONY was just telling you how HB treats people, not how they expect to be treated.

"I buy here all the time, I am expecting a discount the next month when I comeback."

Now this is the spot on Karen energy, even more for yelling at people for daring to interact with you and not agreeing with you on your rant ;)

2 years ago

I wanted to went, I did not ask for the opinion

Looool, that is like the definition of "Karen" you pulled here.

And StarPONY is absolutely correct. That is business. Just like any other business - regular customers get shit. Only those who are ready to leave get special treatment from the company (because something from them is better then nothing from them). People of course use this for the benefit of themselves. Not being "entitled" or whatever but exploiting the system to get better deals.
Just like calling your phone provider and saying you are leaving. That's really not Karen move.. merely exploitation of an already scummy practice of the company.

Edit : To clerifiy - this is typical business for those who work with huge quantities of customers. HB gets thousands of purchases. And they will use whatever means for getting even more or keeping those who are ready to leave. Hence neverending discounts for those who skip or leave or are not yet customers. It of course doesn't work the same in businesses that work on quality but less customers. While they could entice someone from not leaving with a gift or discount it wont be so transparrent as it is for Humble for example. In such a case keeping existing customers happy is more important then sheer numbers from thousands of clients getting the same thing.

2 years ago*

This practice is called two-tier pricing.

2 years ago

Wouldn't tiered pricing directly be the lite, classic and full plans accordingly.
Would giving discounts (that in a way are not "official" pricing tiers) fall in tiered pricing ?

At this point it's merely technicalities I'm wondering :D Technically it is tier pricing, but seems a bit more "unfair". We just know it because everyone here buys and gets discounts and shares about them.. But that they give $4 discount for skipping is really not mentioned anywhere (you kind of have to know or stumble upon it)

2 years ago

I think those plans are just a different type of two tiers pricing. They're trying to differentiate the price point people are willing to pay and offer the product at that price point.

The idea is they're trying to group people into the price they're willing to pay. If you're an active subscriber willing to pay that price they leave you alone and actively seek out others that might be interested but at slightly lower price points (hence all the coupons). The problem is they can't really stop people from changing groups (that's why they have all these credit card checks now) and they don't hide it all that well. Two-tier pricing only works well if you can easily identify the groups and can stop them from changing groups.

2 years ago

Funny - I pause and they never offer me anything.

Three-tier pricing?

2 years ago

The most repeats to my library that I've seen in the last year, but I'm buying anyway since this is my last month of the $12 deal afaik.

2 years ago

Why do I still bother looking if I end up pausing each month.. I still have 6 months left on a yearplan from a year and a half ago.

2 years ago

im the same as you.... this is getting worse and worse

2 years ago

Tbh I'm really surprised to see Guts and Glory and Syberia 3 in a Humble Choice. I haven't had any interest in recent monthlies but I didn't realize the quality was going that far downhill.

2 years ago

Bundles like these make me stop and reconsider my subscription. The reason for me to want a sub is to not have to do anything each month, I don't want to pause or inspect a bundle every month. This isn't worth $140.75 / yr.

2 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think it's pretty good. Katana Zero was in my WL for a long time. Amnesia and Black Future '88 look interesting too. A bit surprised by the rebundles, but luckily enough, I didn't own any of them, apart from Syberia 3.

2 years ago

i think this humble choice is the worst humble "monthly" bundle ever released, is even worst than humble JUNE 2019 (the one that included call of duty 4) https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/qovQ9/humble-bundle-june-2019-monthly-bundle-cod-bo4-battle-ed-upgraded-to-standard-battlenet

2 years ago

I think even though this one is pretty bad, Humble Monthly June 2019 is the legendary worst monthly bundle ever xD

2 years ago

These two bundles are connected in more than one way.
911 Operator in June, 112 Operator now.
I thought it looked familiar...

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

You Crybabies are such a joke. You get cheap games and complain. These Threads are idiotic.

2 years ago

complain that people who complain about something are more idiotic, if you are not interested in this post you are not obliged to read it.

2 years ago

hey, did you had a bad day?

2 years ago

People are free to dislike stuff you know...
And even if it's a good deal, it still costs money. While it is factually a good deal if you look at what you pay against full value, what people like is relative. Hence people might find $200 dollar bundle for $12 a horrible deal if they won't play any of the games in ever.

While I agree bundle buyers are a bit entitled to recieve good bundles, we have been spoilt by months, even years of awesome deals and bundles. Naturally the expectations are high and it's perfectly natural to feel disappointed

2 years ago*

my money, my rules.

2 years ago

Hell no.

2 years ago

I rarely pause, and usually hem and haw before I do. This was a pretty quick decision. Only John Wick drew my interest, but seeing the poor reviews for it pulled me back.

2 years ago

Valid.

Though I will admit as someone who bought Katana Zero around its launch. The game is really good, and I still actively check it for updates to this day. I'm very excited for whatever comes next in the franchise.

2 years ago

3 months 6 dollars a month. Why not...

Or not, why do you give me these offers I can't even use...

2 years ago*

Got an email for $6 for 3 months if I buy this one. But man, it would be only two months left after this and the recent choices have been such a let down (including this one). Tempted but not sure if it's even worth it.

2 years ago

same for me

2 years ago

was it a code? or account locked ? - also what did the e-mail look like

2 years ago

Limited time: $6 for Choice for 3 months!
An exclusive offer just for you! Come back to Humble Choice this month and you will lock in the price of $6/month for the next 3 months. This month features Katana Zero, Amnesia: Rebirth, John Wick Hex and more - a total value of $247! Join today and start playing. Offer ends 11/2.
Redeem
Single use coupon. Coupon is redeemable to sign up to Humble Choice Premium at $6 USD a month for 3 months before any applicable taxes and fees. Coupon expires on November 2nd at 9:59am PT. This price is locked in for 3 months, and this offer will be void if your plan is canceled or paused. Gifts are not eligible. This coupon may not be combined with other identical coupons in the same transaction, and may not be combined with other Humble Bundle coupons. Discount will be automatically applied at time of checkout. Coupon has no cash value. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Coupon may not be reproduced, copied, purchased, traded or sold. Unauthorized transfer of coupon and internet distribution strictly prohibited. Users in Russia and China are not eligible.

2 years ago

thanks - why don't i ever get these offers - been looking for another copy of this bundle

2 years ago

I've been pausing since forever. Maybe that has to do with it.

2 years ago

It seems best bet is to have account without subscription. So pausing isn't best deal.

2 years ago

i cancelled mine end of September

2 years ago

my son just got the offer - that was for september and no longer works :(

2 years ago*

Deleted

2 years ago

Just got the email as well. Called it :)

2 years ago

I also got the offer, and my plan is about to run out - but it still says "Your next bill is for US$35 on October 26, 2021.", and if I click to claim October's games the popup says "3-Month Classic Plan US$35.00" :(

2 years ago

You need to switch month-to-month payment.

2 years ago

I just received the below answer - are you saying, that if I switch to monthly, I can apply the coupon?

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Humble Bundle Customer Support. Unfortunately, this particular offer is not available to 3-month plan users, so it looks like this was misrouted to you. I'm sorry about that!

I've alerted our marketing team so that we can look into ways to make sure we send the coupons out correctly in the future.

EDIT
Well, that worked... I changed my billing cycle from 3 months to monthly with the warning that I will not be able to go back to 3 month cycle. After that I went to claim October's games and was charged $6.

2 years ago*

I get the feeling they just went select all and send... Or maybe not those who already bought it.

2 years ago

you would also need to buy the next month to keep it up, right? so you would pay for Games just in hope humble would finaly make a good bundle again to make it worth to have spent the money on the previous ones, right?

2 years ago

Exactly.

2 years ago

Same here, I got a coupon for 6 US$ for 3 months.

2 years ago

I also received that offer. Eh. I'm not interested in the October bundle and while $6 is very cheap, seeing that I paused September and October, I don't have much faith that the next two bundles will be interesting for me. The question is: do I want to gamble or not?

Also, what's weird is that I'm on the Classic plan... Classic people never get that kind of offers, as far as I know. O_o It's a first for me. So I'm thinking, maybe HB made a mistake. If not tho, that email mentions that I'd be on the Premium plan for 3 months and I'm wondering, would I get back on Classic after those 3 months or would I be locked out of it?

2 years ago

Weirdly the coupon I shouldn't have gotten on my account shows it to be for classic, can't use it though as I have pre paid months...

2 years ago

Yeah, the email talks about the Premium plan but... logging into my HB account, there's a coupon and indeed, it's for the Classic plan. I have my answer now. ;)

2 years ago

Happy cakeday!

2 years ago

Oh my, I didn't even remember my cakeday was this month. O_o
Thank you, Adam! :3

2 years ago

Happy Cakeday!

2 years ago

Thank you. 3

2 years ago

Happy cakeday! :)

2 years ago

Similar situation for me. I might entertain redeeming this if it keeps me on Classic, but if it kicks me over to Premium permanently I don't want to touch it.

2 years ago

Check into your HB account, the coupon should already be there. Mine does say it's for Classic.

2 years ago

Thanks for the tip! My account does indeed show that the coupon is for Classic, even though the email states Premium.

2 years ago

I'm wondering, would I get back on Classic after those 3 months

That thought crossed my mind as well. Wouldn't even be surprised if they would be trying to get rid of Classic subs through confusion... But I did take the deal and in settings it still shows I have classic plan.

But then I realized I've been skipping my classic for 3 months already... for $6 I'm ready to get several meh games and make some GAs .. Even if in the end they would lock me out that's one permanently lost customer.. at least one less thing to be disappointed by. Would never pay full price.

I was actually skeptic about getting this one even for $6 ... That's how low the quality has dropped at least in my eyes.

2 years ago

I was actually skeptic about getting this one even for $6 ... That's how low the quality has dropped at least in my eyes.

Yeah... If I bite, it will be purely in hopes that each of the next two bundles will contain (at least?) 1-2 games I'd be truly interested in playing. I'm kinda bummed that we need to purchase October to get the promotion. Sure, six dolla' is very cheap for 12 games, but... Katana Zero and Amnesia (the only two that I could maybe, perhaps, possibly, eventually see myself playing) would probably end up gathering dust in my backlog for a while. So. Yeah. I'm still undecided.

That said, I would love if HB would offer a sneak peak into November's bundle... I'm not even asking for a complete "leak", just maybe one (or two) game(s) that have better than mixed / mostly positive reviews on Steam. Something that they think could hype people for the next Choice. Say they do and I like what I see, I would definitely, definitely jump on that $6 for three months deal.

2 years ago

I also got that and I was kinda hoping for such a deal. I pause almost always (August was a rare exception) and always unpause and buy the bundle no matter what, so I really think they are randomly given. I wouldn't have bought the monthly this time without a discount though, so this is a good move for me.

2 years ago

I usually end up buying the bundles no matter what. This month was only the 2nd time I have ever paused my subscription since joining in 2019, and the only other time I unpaused after getting a $2 coupon. My guess is that they have had so many people pause or cancel this month that they are worried they will lose money on it if they don't lure people back in.

2 years ago

I ve got the email too, but i have 5 months already been prepaid on my plan, i am not able to use the coupon

2 years ago

Wow, noticed the same... They really screw up these... And I might have paid for it...

2 years ago

same, $6 for choice is totally worth it

2 years ago

i have anuual plan will i be able to reedem coupon?

2 years ago

i haven't found a way to make it work for my annual plan

Edit I have contacted HB Support

2 years ago*

5โ‚ฌ is insta buy.

2 years ago

what a mess!

Ashe (Customer Service)
Oct 12, 2021, 12:06 PM PDT
Hi there,
Thanks for reaching out to Humble Bundle Customer Support. This particular coupon does not apply to the prepaid Annual Plans. I'm sorry for the confusion!
I've alerted our marketing team to the issue so that we can better route coupons in the future.
Please let me know if you have any other questions. Take care,

-Ashe
Humble Bundle
http://support.humblebundle.com/

Translation
Oh you are one of the idiots who pay upfront, sorry, no discounts for you f*** off

2 years ago

Yeah that is a terrible practice but don't worry as you can see all those 6$ coupon are biting them in the ass. The two garbage months we had is just the proof.
We are going to see less and less good monthly if they continue that way.

2 years ago

Wdym?
They've offered offers like this since the beginning of this year.

2 years ago*

Yes and we had terrible monthly because of this. This month and the previous are extremely poor and i still also remember the one with shenmue 3 as the headliner....

They couldn't offer decent bundle every month before all those coupons, now with them the quality is going down even further. I expect now 4 good 4 average and 4 trash like this one per year.

2 years ago

I think they have reached some sort of self-destructive circle by now. They likely have minimum number of sales to reach so they need to push these coupons. On other hand coupons lower their average per bundle, which probably was estimated way too high with the ridiculous prices for choice when they changed to that.

But hey at least this downward spiral will be fun to watch.

2 years ago

they don't send those coupons when "monthly" sells well

2 years ago

$6 coupon arrives and still can't fancy paying for such an uninspiring bundle. Miss you something fierce, old Humble.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.