So! Last August, I shared a survey asking for your Top 5 Anime. The results are in!

Top 100 Anime Results (video)

Please be advised that The Anime Man tends to swear a bit, so if that's not your kind of thing, at least you know.

At the moment, the infographic isn't publicly shared beyond the video format, but hopefully in the future they'll release it and other data so we can see what was at number 101! In the meantime, Shindo compiled screenshots of the top 100 list and screenshots of the top anime by year.

GAs:
sgtools requirements: no non-activated wins, last multiple win was before April 7, 2017
Sound of Drop - fall into poison -
NEKOPARA Vol. 0

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bump!

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

I'll just wait patiently for someone to compile an actual list instead of "gimme youtube views"

I know it sounds dickish, but a list is far easier to scan for information than a video is.
Whoever compiles that list will probably get on a lot of whitelists.

6 years ago*

I figured some people would prefer to read a list rather than watch a video with commentary. I'll update the post with the readable version if/when they make it available. :)

6 years ago

A list is a lot better for several reasons.

You can not only see what people consider to be the top 10, you can see what your favorites ended up being ranked as.
Provided they even made the cut that is.

6 years ago

I shall also wait for a list, since a video is not really that great to compile and understand a ranking (even though such videos are very popular).

6 years ago

I did it, compiled the list from the screenshots into an image. Not sure if that was what you were looking for, I did it for my own use and posted in my comment below, I hope it will be helpful for others as well :D

6 years ago

True to my word, enjoy your whitelisting.

6 years ago

Thanks for the WL! I wasn't expecting anything in return, actually did it before even reading your comment since watching a 40 min video and trying to remember 100 titles was very impractical for me :)

6 years ago

If anybody doesn't want to spend 30+ minutes just too look at a top 100 anime list, I compiled the list from youtube screenshots.

Top 100 Anime List:

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Thanks, Shindo :)

I added a link to your comment from the main post.

6 years ago

Np :)
Top Anime Through The Years 1986-2017:

View attached image.
6 years ago

I'm fine with this. Probably the first time I see one of this lists I can agree with even if I don't like/am neutral about some of the titles.

6 years ago

Steins;Gate in the top 10. Good.

6 years ago

Most of the list is inaccurate according to me :D Steins;Gate however got a good placement!
Somehow people picked Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid as the best Anime of 2017 O_o Made in Abyss Hello?

6 years ago

Well, any "best" list voted by the people will be a "most popular" list, no exception. People judge with their heart, not their brain. :P

6 years ago

Gothic dragon loli, world class Mayan goddess, lesbian maid dragon, tsundere Victorian roommate, and a food loving unicorn dragon. So yeah.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Then shouldn't Konosuba be higher on that list?

6 years ago

Yep, but I didn't watch it yet.

6 years ago

Tokyo Ghoul ranked higher than Cowboy Bebop ? Kids these days...

6 years ago

Yeah, exactly what I think about the voting.. Most of the votes might be coming from "kids" so most of them has no memory of Anime older than 3-4 years old. They probably listed the most recent popular titles they enjoy watching as their top 5 list without giving it much thought.
That must be why the list is mostly dominated by the new titles. But really a top 100 list without Hajime no Ippo or Rurouni Kenshin ? :D

Probably the problem lies in the method, asking people their top 5 list and turning it into a top 100 list. You might mention five Anime which are special to you but rest of your top 100 list won't ever make it to the list... Like if a great anime which is considered to be in the top 20 list of everyone but rarely makes it to the top 10, it won't ever make it to this list.

6 years ago

Thank you for this!

6 years ago

I guess I could add some of those to my watchlist, thanks!

6 years ago

fairy tail 13th
dbz 35th
WOW i lost my words .

6 years ago

FT was 100th but then the power of friendship, and the will to fight for his friends got him to 13th, after taking a little beating first ofc, rinse and repeat every arc on this goddam anime

6 years ago

bump bump

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

Miyazaki doesn't even break the top 50.
Epic fail

6 years ago

I think it is just a list made mostly by kids. The amount of semi-recent series is astounding, as if anime did not even exist before 2004. I have a fleeting feeling that if we'd ask those who voted for this list what Astroboy is, at best the roughly 1% that heard about it would think it is some mascot figure.

6 years ago

It's why public polls are useless

6 years ago

Anime bump.

6 years ago

Seems to be a very inaccurate list, according to my tastes. Attack on Titan at 5th is ridiculous. Thanks for posting tho.

6 years ago

lol, time to watch this now
All these polls would be more accurate if they were called "100 most popular anime according to people's 5 favourite anime".
It's a completely different kind of list compared to MAL which collates rating and favourites from everyone (including haters). There's no way to make a legit top 100 anyway. The information will always be skewed in certain ways depending on how the data is collected

6 years ago*

I just read the list from Shindo's pic and I'm kinda surprissed by how reasonable this list is, normally this type of stuff seems designed to outrage people. I could watch the video but my tolerance for The Anime Man dwindles after 10 minutes so when I saw that it was over 40 mins I skipped that option, to me his best videos were the "answer me senpai" series.
Oh, and thanks for the gibs ;)

6 years ago

Where's High School Boobies Robot??!!?!?!?!

6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

Like every Top 100 list ever it's very much just a "here are all the classics that must be included and couple of surprises to pad out the list". Highly curated and selective lists are always the way to go in my opinion over general ones.

6 years ago

Almost none of these net lists actually reflect quality which I find super bad for promoting quality animations through the internet. This is so bad and actually makes no justice to the genre of anime. Makes me sad that people would judge with their shounen hearts instead of their brains... If people new to the genre think they are going to find quality stuff to watch high in this list, damn they are so wrong... Needless to say its easy to fall in the trap and try these lists as an anime-outsider, only to find oneself completely dropping anime for life, due to the bad taste of these lists...

6 years ago

It's just a shame. List of hyped mediocre anime combined with all-time classics. But almost every survey ends up like this.

6 years ago

Disagree with 2017... for me it was Kakegurui

6 years ago

bump

6 years ago

Bump :)

6 years ago

bump