So! Last August, I shared a survey asking for your Top 5 Anime. The results are in!

Top 100 Anime Results (video)

Please be advised that The Anime Man tends to swear a bit, so if that's not your kind of thing, at least you know.

At the moment, the infographic isn't publicly shared beyond the video format, but hopefully in the future they'll release it and other data so we can see what was at number 101! In the meantime, Shindo compiled screenshots of the top 100 list and screenshots of the top anime by year.

GAs:
sgtools requirements: no non-activated wins, last multiple win was before April 7, 2017
Sound of Drop - fall into poison -
NEKOPARA Vol. 0

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

They had Kuroko but not Slam Dunk? That's blasphemy!

6 years ago

Hajime no Ippo, Slam Dunk, Initial D, Touch, Major.. Some of the best legendary sports anime somehow they are worse than Free! according to the list :D

6 years ago

No Mushishi, Berserk is barely in the top 100, Cowboy Bepop not in top 10, Akira and NGE outside top 20, Rúroni Kenshin not even on the list, along with, if I am seeing correctly, Miyazaki with only one entry outside the top 50 (who may be a zealously hyper-conservative dinosaur stuck in four centuries ago, but at least a damn talented one at that), no Grave of the Fireflies…

Is it too late to give it its proper title? "Top 100 Animes of All Time* Among a Voter Base Where the Average Age is 12".
*meaning, in the past 10 or so years, plus some odd reruns that are still popping up in television

6 years ago*

I think Berserk made it to top 100, thanks to the remakes and the new season which are actually much worse than the original 97 version. Anime Man also mentioned in the video that he can't believe Berserk made it to top 100 even tho he is a Berserk fan :D
Exactly I was thinking about Ruroni Kenshin, Mushishi and Hotaru no Haka as well, those are some of the highest rated Anime ever.

6 years ago

Thanks for the list! Was running out of anime so I'll check out some of these =D Currently watching Boku no hero academia :)

6 years ago

bump! :3

6 years ago

Surprised at :

• 7 Deadly Sins making the list - I really could not get into that at all.
  • Katekyo Hitman Reborn being on there. Not that that's bad, but it does devolve into pretty generic shonen stuff pretty quickly
  • Surprised at the complete lack of Gundam
  • Seriously disappointed at the lack of Astro Boy. As one of the genre starters, and with surprisingly deep storylines at times, it would deserve some recognition
6 years ago

personally I think the top charts of MAL are more acurate,
they still have a few problems-one being that everytime a new overhyped series comes out it jumps to near the top before the ratings get a better distribution.
the other being that people actually have to watch something to rate it-many second/third seasons are really high on the charts beacause the people who disliked the series never added it to thire list/dropped it after season 1 and thus its only counting the fans's scores.
(as much as I love gintama its almost half the top 20)

6 years ago

I don't know most of these.

6 years ago

bump! =]

6 years ago

Bump.

6 years ago

bump