Last few months I've been talking about less & less games giving away. Some people did not see the decline (or refuse to see the logic). Last time we had less than 50k of games given away was in Aug 2015.
So I'm a little sad about the things that are happening, so had given away in Apr more than before (20+ games in Apr, while I gave away 100 games from my start on SG). But only that won't change the numbers...

Truth is visible now, that we passed "the peak" of giveaways & that SG is in decline in the amount of games give away.

So I created this poll just to see the remarks from the public. Express freely how you see the recent decline in games given away.
Give some proposals, so that admins & moderators can implement those.
Refine some ideas between us, before implementing in "suggestions"...
etc.

Hope that we can all grow & all give away more.

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Does SG need to implement some "extra features" for givers to give away more?

View Results
Yes
No

I imagine that everything depends on the perspective...

I went into steamgifts for a group of friends. We spent jokes on the group's draws. It had been a long time since I had so much fun... Then the rules of the group began to be broken and the fun was over. Since then, for me steamgifts is a place where I can get rid of my leftover keys, whether it's repeated games or that I'm not interested in. And then yes, there is the possibility of winning something but as an added and without losing perspective. From time to time I may buy a game to get around, especially when a partner creates an event, but they are usually modest games. I do not swim in abundance XD

Something to improve steamgifts? I dont know. The truth is that more than the amount of gifts that concerns me in the low rate of comments in the draws. Say "Hey, I did not know this game" "It looks good" "Where did you buy it, is it for sale?" It does not cost work and creates a pleasant environment. I imagine that whoever makes many daily draws thinks that it is a bad idea but for me it makes the difference. That and those who have 300,000 games in steam and level zero in steamgifts. [obviously I'm exaggerating, I do not want to step on anyone's foot]. OMG, they are absolutely interested in all the games ??? I hallucinate

Written with Google Translate :)

4 years ago

low rate of comments in the draws

this. and if you look at very old giveaways (like, created 4 or 5 years ago) you'll see tons of comments and discussions, on giveaways pages.
a lot of factors, then, changed that and now it's very rare to read more than a "thank you" in public ga's.

but, there's a BUT.

it also depends on the GA's creator. write something more than a simple GLHF (good luck have fun) if you want to engage the peeps!
(and you're one of those)
it doesn't always work, but when it does, it makes your SG experience way more interesting.

(also, lucky, very lucky you that can hallucinate, fo' free, just by browsing the SteamGifts :P)

4 years ago

Hahaha
Actually I am a very serious guy, grim in the gesture and nothing deconcentrates me. Ouch!!

View attached image.
4 years ago

Last one alive lock the door.

4 years ago

:D LoL

4 years ago

You can check the number of giveaways that have been created here.
One might said that the community is dying while the others assume it is back to normal.

Does anybody know what happened in Feb 2015 which doubled the giveaways created?

4 years ago

It was probably because of the site redesign and the new CV system.

4 years ago

I assume it's when bundle keys became legal.

4 years ago

Basically the start of Steamgifts (2.0) as we know today. Previously CV was extremely limited - your bundled-CV worked in a way that the max it counted was 30 usd + 1/3 of your unbundled CV. Which meant that if you never gave unbundled games, you permanently stuck at 30$. With the change of bunded games giving CV for anyone, everyone wanted to give away stuff :)

Then later came some big dev giveaways, the change to be able to give previously free games, the rise and fall of card-farming fake games If you were around like a year, year and a half ago, there were gleam giveaaways for shovelware ike every second day. And since 2018 January people are free to make giveaways for those too.
The 2016 november-december +40k giveaways are likely caused by the dollar mega bundle that had 28 games for 1$. Also almost $15 CV.
Sadly no idea what caused the 2017 september spike, maybe a mass giveaway from the dev. I don't see anything special from the bundles.

4 years ago

I'm not sure how dev-GAs count because in April 2015 the stats says we had 45337 giveaways... But we also had this: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/Kww55/dwarfs

4 years ago

True that. May be an exception completely, or counting as 1 (I don't know if multi-copy GAs count as one or mutiple)... or it's just in the Twilight Zole

4 years ago

well. I think big decline started when bundlestars was bought by fanatical.

What I would like to change?
lvl 0 giveaways or do something with ratio.
there is a lot of accounts which just hoarding games. You can see. Gifts sent 1, gifts won 250.
and many ppl don't care who will take their game. so they just make 12 hours long GA and forgets about it.

other thing why my friend left SG.
you buy game for 60. get 60 points for ga. go to next lvl.
game price reduced to 20. you loose 40 points. your lvl goes down.

and one more thing.
it's hard to manage groups here.
you can't see which ppl entered/made ga for your group. their ratios for that group and so on.
you pretty much need make excel spreadsheet and check ga's everyday/week. and that takes a lot of time.
even if your group is limited to 100 users

4 years ago*

I think big decline started when bundlestars was bought by fanatical.

It was just a rebranding, nobody bought them.

lvl 0 giveaways or do something with ratio.
there is a lot of accounts which just hoarding games. You can see. Gifts sent 1, gifts won 250.
and many ppl don't care who will take their game. so they just make 12 hours long GA and forgets about it.

Someone has to win the giveaways people are making, right? Also people not caring who will take their games - they are the ones making level 0 ones.

other thing why my friend left SG.
you buy game for 60. get 60 points for ga. go to next lvl.
game price reduced to 20. you loose 40 points. your lvl goes down.

And.. sorry about that. Many times were discussed on the forum: nobody should ever buy full-priced game for CV. Bundled indies will never drop price.
The vast majority of AAA games will go through the 60->40->20 change, and Steam API can't handle individual cases so all GA values change. ( So sure way - give bundled until the desired level, then whatever you. Bundled is also cheaper if CV/level matters more than giving)

4 years ago

Just now, added all games here on SG (which I don't own & which are not on my ban-list)...& still 150P on my account. :(

Whole list of games is on 3 pages, so less then 150 games. For someone who has 2.500+ games & some 5.000+ on ban-list (of not worth games less than $5).

4 years ago

still 150P on my account. :(

have you tried contacting cg for these horrible problems you're facing?

4 years ago

Sarcasm is the lowest form of humor. Did you know that? ;)

4 years ago

it looks you still didn't. luckily, i'd say...
while there
you should also ask him if you can move this thread from steamgifts to steamtrades.

4 years ago

In Aug we made it over 25k of giveaways.

What do you think guys & gals? Will be drop under 25k in Sep? ;)

4 years ago

I suspect it may go up as people will be back from summer holidays and such like. Time will tell.

4 years ago

Happy cake day!

4 years ago

Happy Cake Day Steve!! :)

4 years ago

Ta :)

4 years ago

In the last years Sep was always better than Aug

4 years ago

Happy Cake Day Stevey! ;)

4 years ago

Thanks you very much heyday :)

4 years ago

I checked my bigger (unbundled) GAs from last year (without groups) and... more and more people don't play the win... they not even try the game i bought to give away...

With that in mind I don't think I'll give away a lot of games to public anymore

4 years ago*

That's so sad to read but very understandable as it absolutely defeats the purpose of making such great public giveaways. :(

4 years ago

Well, I don't also play much, as I got so much to do. Haven't got time.
But my 2,5k games will be left to nephews, so they can enjoy it! ;)

4 years ago

do something with the account and give them the money for studies man

4 years ago

Money is not a problem for their dad...if it was, I would put them through school.

But thanks, will think about it! They are small now, so maybe we start with laptops for school...Do you think kids would love new Lenovo ThinkPads? Or should it be more flashy? ;)

4 years ago

I don't want to disrupt your dream, but kids will throw the laptop to you and ask for a ps4 (for fortnite)

4 years ago

They have PS4 already...& Switch. ;) :D

4 years ago

your nephews will play the new games when they are older.
they prob. don't want to play a 10yr old indie game...

4 years ago

That's what caused me to give less and less to public as well. That and all the people who have given 3 games 7 years ago and in between have earned 300+ games.
I also blame that achievements / cards thing.. People buy / enter in GA not to play the games, but to get the cards. I don't understand that and sometimes I regret the time where each game costed a lot and you would play what you buy or would be given.

4 years ago

yeah.
I gave games away that where still on my wishlist and later I see that people only use them to generade 0.20€ for these damn cards...

4 years ago

Keep those for yourself ! You never know if people will play their win, unless you give to specific groups such as "Playing appreciated"

4 years ago

...and can vouch... sadly.

while quite rare (never done such a thing) you can notice it only if you have GA creator as Steam Friend. won't say whom, but you're not completely alone doing it.

usually, is not only the winner that has to be lucky... and for those giveaway, creator needs a ton of luck... so, if there'll be a next time, please say it, Machines. it won't guarantee you the perfect winner, but sometimes luckiness needs some help, too :D

4 years ago

Maybe they are just like me, struggling with the backlog and trying to tackle it by leaving the best ones to last :P (I really have a shameful heap of awesome games waiting to be played since years, while never wanted to ignore them :| )

4 years ago

in my group/whitelist section these weeks I've got always 5+ pages and the first one has 50 giveaways ending within less than 18 hours and all wishlisted and with achievements.. too few points too many gas ç_ç
I think September will be even better! =P

4 years ago

You're killing it with your volume & ratio bro! Killing it! ;)

4 years ago

i always hated the Groups thing in sg...but well...

4 years ago

imo it has to do with the decline of bundles. in quanity but most important in quality. Bundles had their prime and they are facing their death. What I mean with this is that bindles used to be for indie companies to promote their games/ make a name for themselves but more and more deves avoid bundles in order to maintain some value to their games because grey markets and resselers exploit the bundle system and that affect the game price overall. e.g. Ark: Survival Evolved a game with a retail price of 60€ full price can be found at 4.50. So if there are less bundles and a site like SG operates with bundled games moslty will decline in popularity.

4 years ago

Quantity of bundles says nothing about availability of them out there, not the variety of the games. There are big GA when HB or Fanatical makes a new bundle. So people give, what they don't want.

Still think people give less in this World & expect to get more.
Or are pissed (like me), that no list of banned users was ever revealed. Not even the number of banned accounts.
& now, the BOTs & leaches use this site for "harvesting" - which drawn away many people from it (me included, as I found a better way). ;)

4 years ago

What is the way you're speaking about ?

4 years ago

I think it's first of all the decline of active users, which is reflected even more in forum activity than in GAs.

Part of the reason for that is that it's much easier to get games outside of SG than it is to win on SG. One can go to the Epic store every week, and after a few months they'd have a respectable library of good indie games. To get that on SG will require such an amount of work that it's only for people who are into the SG game.

4 years ago

8 years ago, or even 5 years ago, a free game was a big deal.
Now there are free games everywhere you look.

4 years ago

Yeah, unless you join groups it all seems a huge waste of time. You have to enter an ungodly amount of giveaways to win and even then a good chunk of your winnings will be unplayable shovelware. There are usually 1000+ entrants for asset flip crap that are given out for free elsewhere. And if you are picky your chances are even worse.

Out of my 5 first giveaways 2 or 3 were won by users with a level of 1.05 at most but with hundreds of wins. At first I was a bit annoyed. Then I looked at what games they have been winning and it's for the most part totally worthless stuff. Even if they run bots, it's not worth the effort imho. And if they do it manually, well that's bordering insanity.

4 years ago

I just check https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/search?type=wishlist once or twice a day.
Takes 30 seconds. :P

4 years ago

+1

Question is: how to we keep active users here?
The active management & the moderators here haven't got a solution so far. & they mocked the suggestion to give givers more points, for every given game. At least, that was some "solution" - compared to NONE of their. ;)

4 years ago

I saw a couple of your comments on here and another topic and that felt like you would really like "trading" more than "giving away" stuff. I believe that's the best solution that you are looking for. Because i don't think people here don't understand much "a gift" isn't yours anymore when you give to somebody. Feeling attached to that is treating here like an invesment and from what i see during 4 years unless you are in that 1:1 trading bundle game groups, this site won't make your invesment worthy.

I came here looking a way to dump my keys without losing them in seconds. Stayed for the community based activities and win some back during the process. I believe this is what this site is about. Having good interactions with other gamers since i dont have much in my life other than internet while you get chance on some stuff. Beating yourself over some "solution" you would like will take away your fun getting out of it. Imo cg tried to make this site as fair and rewarding as possible and give that judgment to giveaway creator. It's maybe not ideal but works for the most part at least for me.

One last thing though i am more relevant to original topic i guess since i am not really active anymore. But it's not about SG, on my case i simply stopped buying stuff if i am not going to play them really soon.

4 years ago*

That's a big question, but I'm not sure whether it's actually what we need to aim at. Counting giveaways isn't necessarily the right thing to do if, as PaganFears said, most of them are for crap games.

Unlike stores or devs, which give away games for promotion, SG is built on individuals giving away games of their choice. Currently SG is built around a CV/level system to encourage that, which in my mind turns it into a random trading site, rather than a giveaway site. That is, the more you give, the higher your chance is to get games and to get good games.

So SG itself is a game. It's not a great place to get games, especially these days when compared to the free and cheap games available elsewhere, so, as I see it, it's more a place to participate in the random trading game.

One question is then, what should SG be? Should SG be this random trading game? If so, then what criteria do we have to decide how successful it is? Maybe we can build on these traits by automating the 'the more you give, the more you can win' design, and it will increase participation of people who like this?

Or maybe we want SG to be more about charitable giving? We could then limit levels or add other giveaways criteria, such as gifting to those who haven't won a lot, or who play their wins, something that can be done with SGtools or whitelisting or groups but isn't integrated.

Maybe we don't mind fewer giveaways, but we want to increase their quality, so we give more CV to people who gift games with a higher Steam score, or which are on more wishlists, instead of having CV determined by bundled status. Maybe we want more variation, so we give less CV to games for which there's a large number of GAs at the particular moment.

There are a lot of ways to go, and they all depend on the vision for SG.

4 years ago*

It would be a begin to implement the sgtools checks for not activated and multi wins automatical and report the result to the support if someone won that not served their punishment after breaking the rules.

That would lower the part of the "bad apples" drastical.

With public GA's i have 20-40% winners with red marks at sgtools.
And that isn't funny and a lot of work to check each winner, report the ones with red marks, the support must check them, the giver must send the key or check the new winner (+ send a next support ticket or the key).

One of the reasons why i don't make much public GA's

SG are invested with "bad apples" .... and that is a problem that push more and more active, generous, users into the inactivity.
And it can't be the solution that each user have a lot/more and more work to do to avoid such people (because their numbers grow -thats my experience from 2 years SG-).

4 years ago*

So many better ideas and points of view than the original "There are not enough good giveaways, so give more points to enter the giveaways that there aren't around" of the post that OP doesn't seem to be able to get away from.

4 years ago

In the past, we were able to give away steam games without restrictions. Now, it depends on the price difference between regions, the fact that you can't store games as steam gifts to give them away later (especially if you have to reroll, you'll miss a possible discount of that game), etc. (trust me, there are more). I wish I could keep giving away steam games, but I can't, thanks to greedy Gabe. But if I ever decide to buy a steam key, I'll give it away. So, trust me, it's not about the quality or quantity of the bundles, that some people were saying.

4 years ago

sorry, wasn't meant to reply to you, it was meant to be to the thread itself.

4 years ago

If SG didn't incorporate "penalties" to hinder people from giving away games, we'd have more giveaways.
Those penalties have been put in place, but affect the whole "giveaway" aspect of this site. I understand levels, but at the end of the day that's just a sham, and it's discouraged more and more people from doing public giveaways and if it weren't for the fact there are forums on this site, I wouldn't be still lurking here.
At the end of the day though, there is only small percentage of people actually doing giveaways, and it's always going to be the same old fiasco, regardless of what stipulations are made.

Basically, we don't need more rules. This IS a giveaway site, after all, and not a trading site. There's no profit to be made.

4 years ago

+1

But still, do we need to value more people here who give? Or the leeches who only take? ;)

4 years ago

I don't feel valued though, but I'm still here.

4 years ago

Exactly.

4 years ago

We can certainly value the people who give, but that doesn't mean they should get more games.

The way I see it, people who won 500 games, it doesn't matter if they gifted 2000 games or none at all. From my point of view they shouldn't win.

Of course, I'm for the charitable giving aspect. If you treat SG as a random trading site (which is how it functions now), then it would be logical for people who gift more to win more.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago*

And to add a few lines to that 2 day suspension joke. [EDITED to 2 days because i forgot that 1day 23h 59Min. are seen as 1 day -but 2 days aren't enough punishment for autojoiner users too, so it doesn't changed something in the end-]

Someone that advertise or offer a trade, in a clear way or by mistake, get at least a 2 days suspension.

If i make a joke about someone that can be taken as "calling out"
OR
name someone that used autojoiners and got caught for it at least 2 times (he was 3 times suspended, so maybe 3x -the last suspension was 3 or 4 weeks-), then i get a calling out suspension of, at least, 2 days.

That special autojoiner user one write since weeks at a lot of threads something against the evil bot users.... (and it give no possibility that he haven't used autojoiners, i caught him, he was in the steam autojoiner group, i informed different group admins about his autojoiner use, he told one of them he used different ones but will not more in the future (that was after the first suspension) and since a few weeks he say he have never used autojoiners and don't know where such infos come. And i am not able to name such subject at sg but it is like a "daily" taunting for honest/generous/normal givers.
Defin. nothing that animate to give stuff away.

Why are the first infraction with a autojoiner are so horrible low punished ?
Why did people need to get 3 or 4 chances when caught with autojoiners ?
Why did it don't give automatic checks of "wins not activated" and "multi wins" ?

Something is wrong, very wrong.

Before i give my, buyed, stuff to people like him i will throw it in the trash.

If i had only Blacklisted the ones that broke the "not activated" and "multi wins" rules + the basic behavior to say "thanks" after got something for free that a other one, normaly, buyed i would be over 1k at it. And you can add to it all the extreme leechers IF you want i do it because i don't like people that gave 10 free games, years ago, and got hundreds + being active each day

All that say very clear that the options to "filter/block the bad apples" aren't enough and that the "bad apples" aren't only a few -a few are normal and everywhere- and should be handled -since years-

At the past i buyed bundles and games to give them often away at sg, not all were leftovers from bundles or something like that but all the bad apples let me stop this behavior and change it to "i give sometimes, something not so high priced from my leftovers/freebies away".
I am very sure that i am not the only one that was affected in exactly this way from the "bad apples".

4 years ago*

And to add a few lines to that 1 day suspension joke.
Someone that advertise or offer a trade, in a clear way or by mistake, get at least a 2 days suspension.

2 days appears as one day, because in 1 second it will become 1 day 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds, and SG only shows the biggest measurement - the 1 day.
and yes, that could be a lot more. Like a week, if it's true

4 years ago

and yes, that could be a lot more. Like a week, if it's true

Particularly if it's occurred more than once.

4 years ago

I agree it should be much more then 1 day. I dont understand this only 1 day of suspension.

4 years ago

First -- It was a two day suspension.

Second -- Not that I disagree that harsher punishments should be applied for people proven to be auto-joining, but simply installing the auto-join script isn't against the rules. Using it to enter giveaways is. Unless there's proof he was using it to enter giveaways, I'd suggest people put the torches down. I remember a couple years back there was a user who only used it for the enter/leave giveaway button -- you know, the very same button available on ESGST, the button a lot of people are using now (and some even went so far as to pitch a fit when Rafael made the pop-up giveaway description mandatory).

Edit: Googling the autro-join script brought me to this link. Apparently it has a quite a number of features available, not just entering giveaways, and it does appear as though it still has that enter giveaway button.

4 years ago

Exactly the same thing. Just felt that my games here were not appreciated here, so I personally switched to trading games.
So far made more than 300+ trades in a year, with something like 400 games traded & got some 500 games / DLCs back. & guess what? All traders were very polite people & were glad to get the games.

Still have about 200 games which can be traded or gifted away, estimated about 2-3k € in the value of the games. But would not give if here, until things change. I really don't like leeches & recently got suspended for a 3 days, for speaking against one leech in leftover giveaway from Otaku bundles.

Not until the order is made here & when people start to get recognized here for doing a right things.
I don't want this place to become a BOT heaven & I've never used a BOT. it is illegal & unmoral thing to do.

Besides, I got plenty of money to buy most of the 2,5k games with about 2,8k DLCs. People will elementary math can calc the difference from 500 games traded & 160 games won here.
So money is not an issue, computers are not an issue (running 4 of those for science, not even using 1050Ti for gaming!). But I want to feel respected here with 449 given away to 160 won games. Until that changes, I'll deal the games in trades, as I got so much grateful people in those exchanges.

thanks

4 years ago

I don't want this place to become a BOT heaven

That's the only thing you've said that has anything to do with anything I said, but I do agree with that particular bit.

I really don't like leeches & recently got suspended for a 3 days, for speaking against one leech in leftover giveaway from Otaku bundles.

You were suspended for breaking one of the rules of the site. You weren't doing "the right things" at all.

4 years ago

I'm the BAD BOY, even have a licence plate to prove it! :D ;)

& if I see someone being "a dick-shit", I say it. That particular guy is "dick-shit"!
If anyone is reading this: BLACKLIST the guy on my failed giveaway!

So even the ban didn't change my opinion! :D

4 years ago

You were suspended. You're apparently still working on a ban.

4 years ago

philanthropy isn't welcome on sg 😭

4 years ago

I donated way too much time to this discussion.
I'm adding "philanthropist" to my Steam profile now.

4 years ago

Don't know what for? Pointing at the wrong things on this site & advocating for criminal (leechy) behavior.

Sure, you can ban me for that also. My mind did't change about that guy!

But 'cause of moderators, one good guy or gal didn't get the game. ;)

4 years ago

But 'cause of moderators, one good guy or gal didn't get the game. ;)

Incorrect. Because of you, one good guy or gal didn't get the game.
Don't blame others for your poor behavior and disregard for the rules.

4 years ago

I'm still waiting for mods to do their job & delete the giveaway.

BTW, why do we "still don't have" auto-giveaway for pre-imputed keys? :D :P

Lack of work, from their side.

& I don't care about ban here for live. As I'm not afraid to say something is broken, when it's broken.

4 years ago

I'm still waiting for mods to do their job & delete the giveaway.

You don't get to delete a giveaway you couldn't deliver on time because of your suspension.

BTW, why do we "still don't have" auto-giveaway for pre-imputed keys? :D :P

So the giveaway creator may check the winner for rule-breaking before sending the gift. CG isn't going to add a feature to send your keys automatically because you're suspended lmao, especially when there's a much simpler solution - don't get suspended.

As I'm not afraid to say something is broken, when it's broken.

The only thing broken in this discussion is your grasp of the rules of this site. Get your shit together, man.

4 years ago

Well, sorry that this is "presedan". So what should I do? Buy the game, which I was late to deliver & could not deliver. LoL, not going to happen in my Life time. :D

I wouldn't even gave it away, but took it by mistake - don't know what I got & what I don't got, from 5.5k of items in library! ;)

I obey the rules: not using BOTs, not member of fishy groups, give form time to time, not participating much.
But some things I will not walk over. Especially when a leech forces me to have a bad reputation here.
How would you feel about your reputation being BAD? Just because someone insisted for a game, for it was listed it might work. & guess what: 2-3 other users agreed on deletion of GA. Just not that particular individual.

Sorry, but enough is enough! ;)

4 years ago

I obey the rules

If you'd been doing that, you wouldn't need to ask for a deletion. That's the point I am trying to impress upon you.

Especially when a leech forces me to have a bad reputation here.

You're managing that just fine all by yourself. That "leech" was following the rules of the site. Despite what you appear to believe, one isn't required to make giveaways here to enter them, and making giveaways doesn't excuse you from the rules.

4 years ago

2nd ban was totally unprovoked. As it was a discussion! Especially not for 7 days.
But mods here have their own set of ruling, (almost) none of them got law degree to make a judgement & play God, without checking of the consequences.

I personally congratulate all 6 new users which BL me, as I don't care about them or their games. Don't give a craps ass about what they can put in my library of 5,5k of items. Good bye to them!

& about that "leech", keep an eye on him/her. He will be BOTing some of your games also. :D ;)

4 years ago

You remind me of someone. All you need to do is say "nice and pleasant" (or any combination of redundant adjectives) a couple times, and the picture is complete.

4 years ago

Well, I do keep "nice & pleasant" for the people who actually deserve it.
As you already know by now, you can't please all...so you just don't be "nice & pleasant" to all people. Just the ones you want to! ;)

Fits better in life. & after 3 years here, I've lost niceness & pleasantness to some individuals here. ;)

4 years ago

I see from which one you talk. He is to low for my BL but his behavior and his writing is greedy.

You should rewrite your stuff about that case or you will have, for sure, problems with the support.

And if you make GA's make it lvl 3+ or 5+ if you want to avoid the 1$ cv bundle exploiters

4 years ago

I got 7 day ban & he/she is protected here. Something is FISHY HERE!

& conclusion, a one decent guy/gal didn't get the game in time - 'cause of the moderators. ;)

4 years ago

I can understand why you are angry but you will not change something with the comment 1 below to mskotor. Maybe think about deleting it or edit it to a friendly critic reply.
They look that people follow the rules, thats their duty, and not all of them like all of the rules too. The most of the staff are ok or nice :o).

I don't see that it is the right acting with users like the one you "named". I say that often BUT i am not hopeful that something will change "soon" (or not so soon).

The best you can make is BL such people and maybe tell your friends, outside of sg, about them (at steam no sg rules are active ;o) ). Their is all possible and if such people land directly at 20 BL that helps to save a few people such experiences.
Not the best solution in my opinion but the best you can do as a normal user.

4 years ago*

1st fo all, we have leeches here for years...they should have done something about that & ban the auto-join groups also.
What have moderators done? Nothing.

If most of us obey rules for joining & get banned just because we speak about leeches here. Something is wrong in that state, like the Hamlet would say! ;)

We also asked for SG to be transparent about bans about users using BOTs & auto-join groups. They did NOTHING! Protecting "privacy", which actually is not their privacy but an act of criminal endeavour & unsolicited behaviour, they protected the BAD GUYS/GALS here.
I would gladly like to BL all the guys/gals which use BOTs. But can't as I don't know "who they are"! ;)

4 years ago

Yes, it give too much extreme leechers, that the site can function properly. Thats no question for me too.
I see it the same that it should be done more about/at that problem but i know that the staff made different things against the Bot users. They catched as example a few of the autojoiner group because of their writings there.
No question, it isn't enough but it is more as nothing.

And yes i see it the same as you that something is wrong when it give so much people that broke the elementary rules -not by mistake- and get more or less "rewarded" with wins, till someone caught them with the hand in the purse.
I have a example with a autojoiner user, caught at least 2 times (maybe 3 -because at least 3x punished-) using autojoiners and now he is activate at the forum and write bad stuff about autojoiners.
I want to say that he was caught using them and better should shut up. But nothing is possible. He can play his "knight" role and people ill trust his words that are complete different to his actions (behind the front).

Why need someone 3 chances+ after caught with a autojoiner ?
Why someone that use a autojoiner get the same ammount of punishment as someone that make, maybe by mistake/not known the rules good enough (so maybe with no bad intention and only frustration), calling out ?
Why give it no automatic checks that people can't win and not activate up to 44 GA's ? That was the one with the most, found by a friend, but i found a other one with 38 and a lot with around 8. And they made that 4 years.
Why not a automatic check each 3 or 6 months ? Or direct after each win ? and only a "automatic ticket" if they don't served the punishment
This are stuff that i will NEVER understand.

And to the protecting privacy (yes it is very annoying) but, at least, partly they are forced by law. Please have that part in your view too.

4 years ago*

So we AGREE that something is BROKEN here.

At least that guy, whoever he was, stopped using BOT & see the difference. But that's it, someone see that simply not worth it!

All those leeches are like to get something for FREE, not giving it back.
Most of them (probably) are using "cracked software" (especially OS).
But World does not work that way. You value other giveaway & their time / effort / paycheck by buying their product (or NOT). ;)

Also, moderators never revealed the number of bans & number of bans for BOT using - what we asked for. Just to see their work "in numbers". :/

4 years ago

I don't think that he "see the wrong acting & stopped the autojoiner use". It is only a acting to hide his autojoiner use (now and/or in the past).
After the last 3 or 4 weeks suspension, at least the 3th, he will not use it anymore, MAYBE..... but did you think such a person will not cheat, exploit or do something against the rules when he think he will not get caught ?
From my nearly 27 years that i am online, i can say that 99,9% of such people change in no way. Not after 1 chance not after 10 or 100.
And at all places i have something to say (power) such people are banned, lately, after the second chance that they don't used to change such stuff.

Not each must give something that it work but at least not 85% that only take and use the GA's creators as GA dispensers and a good part of them don't know the word thanks after a win, thats a sign for not respecting other people and not to be thankful for the GA/gift, in the end money, that someone else spended + the time to make the Ga, deliver it and so on.

All winners that don't know the word thanks lands on my BL. That are around 10-15% of my winners. To give a "over the thumb" view.
I don't make a difference if that one is lvl 3 or 10, if he/she gave 10 games or 2k.

The staff/site only catch a part of the autojoiner numbers.
At the first day they activated the automated function to check for them were ~2k people warned in 2 days. That are the only clear number i can give you.

Besides that i can say that the main autojoiner group had ~3k members and that one autojoiner store downloads were at 15k at that time.
I think that was around 8 month ago, maybe 1 year.

I come then in a quick calculation of active users and the caught people on around 10% autojoiner users.
That's the number i use for myself till i hear something different from the support or other sources that can proof it in some way.

4 years ago*

If moderators think that that user will not repeat the action after 3 times repeated...then there's problem in moderators thinking they are in Utopia.
& we need more harsher penalties for BOTs, which needs to increase: 1st for a month, 2nd for a half of the year, 3rd for at least a year, etc.

I do know...someone even asked me why did I BL some of the users...
& I hereby thank all the people who BL me, as I don't want any of the games from them. Got plenty of them to choose in my personal library. ;)

So if the 2k users have been warned from 1m users, that's nothing. 0,2% of the population here, which mostly have 10 to 1 or 100 to 1 in wins. Ban them & still plenty of 1m users stay on SG. ;)
Same for those members of that group, all of them for 1 month cooling.
Imagine how much nicer place this would be without that 10% of people? Then you could give game to a people & win against other humans. Then all "nobility of giveaways" will be returned! ;)

4 years ago

What a part of the Moderators think privat about it, is maybe not far away from what you think but the rules maike CG.
And their job is to enforce that rules, if they like them or not.

Sure the staff members have, hopefully, a easier way to talk/write with cg about rule stuff as we as members but that don't say that he embedding all that someone of them wants or think it would be better for the site.

4 years ago

So we're here, to talk about it. Communicate. Put in the ideas.
& someone from SG should look, see the good idea & say: "That's a good one. We will implement that!"

Doesn't matter whose idea is it.
Idea is to communicate, to find the source of the PROBLEM. ;)

4 years ago

You can write under "suggestions" things you think that are needed and good for the site.
Theoretical cool.

I recieved from my suggestions, often, Blacklists and partly dumb comments from everytime the same few people.
A reaction from cg gave it never. Without a feedback, sometimes, it's impossible to smell if he seen it and think that idea is dumb, if he seen it and think about a way it can be done, if he seen it and don't like the idea, if he seen it but don't see it as important or whatever.

So i gave up to "move something".

I do my GA's -much lesser as before i gave up-, mostly for my WL and groups i know there aren't assholes inside or if someone don't know the word thanks -more often- he will be confronted from the group owner(s) with that missing basic manners.

The last weeks i started again with public GA's but raised it from level 2 to level 3 as req..
Around 40% of the winners have red marks at sgtools (punishment mostly served) and/or don't know a thanks. Have in your mind that this number are high(er) when you think on the fact that i have at every time 990 users at my BL -so i sort a lot of "bad apples" out before they are able to enter my GA's-.
At 3 GA's i checked the first 10 that joined the GA and how fast they joined the other ones. Without to be a genie i seen shady stuff and reported that guys (2 or 3 + possible multiaccounts).
To be very direct, that don't motivate me to give really good games to the public.

And yes it frustrate me that this people will win stuff from other users because not everyone have a big BL (i am special with that, i know it) and not all check the winners at/with sgtools.

But i try to stand about that and focuse myself on my own GA's and ways to limitate it a way that only nice people recieve them -as best as possible- :o)

4 years ago

1st we talk here...if several people agrees on something, then a solution can be made to suggestions.

2nd, about those "utopian guys" which BL as soon as you mention trading or leaving or system not working or putting more games for leveling, etc...they are worse then vegetarians advocating "anti-meat propaganda" & in general usually socialists, lost utopians or (if you're lucky) leftards. You wouldn't what to thank them for their game anyway! ;)

SG can't function as a 1 man game, there has to be some "board of members", which needs to decide something. Evidently CG hasn't got the time to do it, don't blame him - I don't have time, most of the time.
Sure, feedback from CG would be great. But let's see if posts will change sthg?

My path has been the same, raised up quickly to level 4-5...then started to give less & less, as it didn't make sense to me to just give & give. & why did I give more, as I simply aborted the gleam.io platform for giveaways, which also used "false accounts". Sometimes I remembered to go 2h for next winner, check, next winner, check until I actually found a person! :(
WoW, you're better than me with BL...mine has less the amount of people who hate me, so around 60-70 both. :D

Thanks for sharing, need to update my BL & share some info about the users. Got a lot work to do, all 3 years backlog to check. ;)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

But would not give if here, until things change. I really don't like leeches & recently got suspended for a 3 days, for speaking against one leech in leftover giveaway from Otaku bundles.

You may not like "leeches" (thought without users with negative ratio, you could not have positive ratio. It's all connected) all you want, no one will prevent you from doing so.

Giveaways are only one part of the SG. Other are discussions + thousands of users with negative / positive ratio. Focusing community on one user with negative ratio, just because you had bad experience with them, is a witch hunt. And we do not want to have this here. There is a reason why they stopped to hunt for witches after middle ages. It creates only harm and misery, nothing positive.

So even the ban didn't change my opinion! :D

Suspension is not supposed to change your opinion. Just to change your behavior, to stop breaking the rules.

User may have opinion it's fine to not activate their wins / make fake GAs for promotional reasons, "remind" others that all big AAA giveaways from new users are surely fake. But if they do not change their behavior, then their access to this site will be withdrawn at some point. And they still may think they are in the right, for example that it was fine to trade all their wins away.

4 years ago

I'm not braking the rules here, but this site lacks the "FREEDOM OF SPEECH". Believe me, I've grown up in communist country & know the horrors of it.

But these moderators here, they would be great for KGB, STASI or UDBA!

Just my opinion. ;)

4 years ago

I'm not braking the rules here

Guidelines first rule...

General

• Use the appropriate avenues for support. If you have an issue with another user, submit a ticket with a user report, rather than calling them out within the community or on the forum.

Btw, if you revealed the key for Dirt Rally, then it is valid.

4 years ago

I did also that...guess what, nothing happened! ;)

Nope, it's not. Till 5th of Sep only! :(

4 years ago

No, you had till September 5th to reveal the key. If you revealed the key till then, it stays valid.

4 years ago

Moderators game a 7 day cooling, till today - for pointing to one of the leech (auto-join group member).

But will give it a try....maybe if revealed, it will work? Tough I don't think so. ;)

4 years ago

As there is a general 7 day time frame to send or receive a key, you should take care that you can provide a working key or gift within that 7 days. If you create a giveaway for something that may (or may not) expire before those 7 days, you will have to get the game another way.

4 years ago

LoL
See my GA 1st & track the timeline. ;)

BTW, if I did break the rules, I would have been banned again. Guess what, I haven't been. ;)

4 years ago

Your GA ended 6 days ago, so you have still one day to buy the game and send it to the winner.

As the 7 days are not over yet, you did not break any rule. Even after the 7 days, it would be debatable if you would get a suspension for a "fake giveaway" or if you would just have to suffer the "not received".

4 years ago

Don't care anymore, as the key was valid.
& no, I won't buy a game, as the key was valid. Was, but is not anymore (probably).

It's written like that in the GA. Everyone was warned. ;)

4 years ago

It's written like that in the GA. Everyone was warned. ;)

You have been here over 3 years. You should know by now that additional rules in giveaways are null and void.

4 years ago

It's not a rule, just a reminder. Sometimes those games work, sometimes if they doesn't - it's written.
When you have a questionable key, then you write it. Anybody joining knows the risk it might not work.

But one of the leech got my rep down, 'cause he wanted a game - no matter what.
Guess what, if he/she was not a leech - I would have given him/her anyone game from this list: https://barter.vg/u/3f74/t/
But the leech was an asshole, as he/she was used to be like that. So my rep got down & he didn't get anything. & I risk ban for pointing finger at the leech.

Yes, 3 years here gives me plenty of experience to recognize a good fellow, from a bad one. ;)

4 years ago

But one of the leech got my rep down, 'cause he wanted a game - no matter what.

When you create a giveaway, you promise to deliver that game. If you can't do that, it is your fault, not the winner's.

If you are unsure about a key, do not create a giveaway for it, but drop it in discussion or a chat.

4 years ago

Well, it might be so strict in the past.
But lately, as Otaku, GoGo & others went bankrupt. That particular rule was not so upheld. & it was bunch of games dumped here on SG, noted that it might be non-valid key. I even won one, didn't work, agreed to delete. No problem! ;)

4 years ago

I read recent messages, and I will post one reply to sum it all:

1. I also grown up in the post-soviet country, it's not an argument to have a discussions on the internet.
  2. I already wrote it, but winning more than you sent is not against the rules. So comparing SG to the police, that do not recognize / catch criminals is... debatable.
  3. Stop to attack other users just because they have different opinion.
  4. You could easily deliver your game to the winner when you were suspended.
    Just write a ticket that you'd like to know who won your latest giveaway, as you'd like to deliver the game despite being suspended. After that you add user on Steam, deliver them key, they mark giveaway as received. We already helped users in such situations.
  5. Moderation is not a job, unless you're being paid to do it. So I am fully allowed to not have time to solve tickets for a few weeks, if my personal situation requires so.

As this thread turned into a hostile exchange of replies I will close it. Some users tried to reply to you in a polite manner to discuss the matter. But others started to reply to you in aggressive tone, mimicking your own.

4 years ago

But I want to feel respected here with 449 given away to 160 won games. Until that changes, I'll deal the games in trades, as I got so much grateful people in those exchanges.

From now on you're Biggus E-Dickus, second of his name, Humblebragger of the Realm and protector of the non-leechers.
Better? :D

4 years ago

Love the good joke. :D

Will make you "whitelist" for this one. ;)

4 years ago

You can't pay me enough to make me want a single game from you mate, but whatever floats your boat. If you can make suggestions in the future with constant low-key? self-praise and glorification of your insane achievements like gifting on a site about gifting, then immediately start complaining that you should get more back because how 'generous' you are... maybe then people would take you seriously. You are not generous if you want to 'get back enough' from the system. You're just an investor wanting more return. It's enough to hear the same two-faced propaganda from the corporations, no need to add to it more.

4 years ago

If you're here for gifting only, why do you enter giveaways?! :P

4 years ago

Nobody said neither that I'm here for making giveaways only, nor that I don't enter giveaways. Could you leave me out of you public shaming of yourself in the future?

4 years ago

No, as you responded to this topic & included me.
So why should I leave you alone?

Tell me, how much giveaways have you entered recently?
& how much "profound experience it was for you" to enter giveaway to win? ;)

4 years ago

So why should I leave you alone?

Because asked nicely, and this is your second comment when you're asking me to prove things I never said, it's just that you can't understand that not everyone's life is centered around winning giveaways.

"profound experience it was for you"

Not even you talked about this before, neither me. Yet you're quoting it and suggesting things that never been discussed. One of the reasons it would be nice to leave me alone because it is more than creepy to get a reply to my message more than a week old, only to find ramblings, allegations and claims about things I never said. You seem bent, accusative, manipulative and out of touch with reality and it's a bit scary how you ignore replies and just forge an ideology in which you try to drag down others to your level.
I like winning. But unlike you, I don't campaign around posing as the saviour of Steamgifts for occasionally making giveaways, flaunting you ratio and loudly exclaiming that you should deserve to win more because how awesome and selflessly generous you are.

4 years ago

Well, let me learn you a hard lesson: "Don't do to others, what you don't want to be done to yourself!" ;)

Sure, I like winnings...people who don't like to win, are losers in Life.
Are you a Loser? :D

Or are you Utopian? You do know what Utopian means?
Guys & gals who think everyone is NICE out there & there are NO malevolent people out there.
Usually they smoke a big bunch of weed, just to keep that image alive.
Do you smoke weed to keep your Utopia? :D

4 years ago

: "Don't do to others, what you don't want to be done to yourself!" ;)

?
You already proved in this topic that despite being some sort of engineer you can't comprehend that it's impossible for everyone to have positive ratio, and you call me a utopist?

Sure, I like winnings...people who don't like to win, are losers in Life.
Are you a Loser? :D

From my previous post:

I like winning.

You are a joke of a man who 'promotes' discussion while not even reading posts and go around full troll. The smoking weed/being a loser thing is the third thing you try to label/accuse me without any base. Based on how you're of arguments (and good will, if you ever had any) so you keep attacking me with things that you pull out of you ass, it's you who has lost in life, if you have to go this far to prove... what at all?

4 years ago

I would debate the Gauss curve with you, but you wouldn't comprehend that for Gauss curve you have to have everyone on "more or less equal points of entry". Which we don't have here!
Not sure you could even comprehend what I just said, as you didn't comprehend the last X messages.

So you like winning, how nice & narcissistic . So you also enter giveaways.
How come?
Aren't you only here to gift games?
& how does your win compare to my win?
Maybe you're also narcissist?
:D

4 years ago

You need help.

4 years ago

But I want to feel respected here with 449 given away to 160 won games. Until that changes, I'll deal the games in trades, as I got so much grateful people in those exchanges.

Ok, sorry to intrude. It's just that particular bit of your post made me smile. I do trade from time to time... way less than I used to though, after a while my backlog exploded. ;) Yeah, the people I have encountered during those trades were mostly nice peeps. At least 95% were.

However... with the seemingly huge number of resellers/retraders found both on ST annnnd Barter, I wouldn't say that I feel respected. Not because they aren't polite nor anything like that. They sure are. But their offers aren't usually what we would call "fair". So yeah... they are grateful. Grateful they'll be able to make profit on your back. Is that really better than giving away games here?

4 years ago

I was not talking about the guys that make offer, but about the guys you trade to.

As I can't talk about the general population here, but around 10-20% of guys & gals that get the game from me here says "Thanks".

How many people on Barter, LesTrades or ST says Thanks? From my experience, & it's quite big bunch of 400+ games traded (link: https://barter.vg/u/3f74/ ), 99% of traders say THANK YOU.

Just my experience, here & there. ;)

4 years ago

I was not talking about the guys that make offer, but about the guys you trade to.

It's the same thing, really. The guys who offer you a trade... if you accept it, they become those guys you trade with. ;)

Also... as far as thank you's go... 99% of my SG winners have thanked me after receiving their games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Are you implying that most of the peeps who have won your GA's didn't thank you afterwards?

4 years ago*

Not the same...guys that get game from you in giveaway or in trade, are the same kind of people who should be polite & say thanks...traders do that, but not leeches here!

Some 10% didn't...you can check, my stats here are public. ;)

4 years ago

Feel respected? by a bunch of anonymous people? lol

4 years ago

Traders are also "anonymous people" to me, but they are very much polite & respect one another. Check here:
https://www.steamtrades.com/user/76561198179588069

I've never asked for any of these marks. & don't ask them in trades. But got them, none the less.

So, very big bunch of people "stinks" here, if you ask me. ;)

4 years ago

xD that's something very common on steamtrades, after doing a trade is a normal thing they give you a +rep. No need to ask it

4 years ago

& it's not normal to say "Thanks" here on SG, when they got the game?
Just saying. ;)

4 years ago

Then you aren't gifting to give something, you are gifting to feel better about yourself. That's narcissistic.

4 years ago

Look, stop psychoanalyze me. You got better individuals in the World do so: Kim Jong-un for example. :D :P

4 years ago

To me, you two are the same type of narcissistic guys :D

4 years ago

Whatever keeps you hard, pervert. :P

4 years ago

The strength of your insult demonstrates the weakness of your argument, good bye leecher :D

4 years ago

Don't go...it getting fun to talk to someone dumb...not anyone can be so blindly dumb as you! ;)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

First - everyone that saw the case could see it was written 1 day suspension, and I know this because I kept checking after an user there started saying that the infractor would be banned

It was two days. The instant the suspension was applied, it starts counting down from two days. 1 day 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds, etc. The display will show one day (until you mouse over it) until it drops below one day, when it changes to how many hours are left. I don't disagree that such suspensions, when the user is proven to be using an autojoin script to enter giveaways, should be much longer (see my point below, where the suspensions were one week long, if I recall.)

And, after all that, you still have no proof whatsoever that the user was actually using the auto-join script to join giveaways. All you have is a screenshot of the script installed -- you found your witch, and you're determined to burn it, regardless of right and wrong. Have fun.

as explained - entering a giveaway from an autojoiner leaves no different signal/fingerprint than entering on the "regular way"

Apparently it does take a genius, because you're Incorrect.. CG has in fact suspended a wave of auto-joiners in the past. Most who have been around long enough remember him doing so.

Edit:

But EVEN IF it had been for 2 days and the counting time would express "1 day" only because it was already less than 2 days: just as Masafor clearly pointed out it would be a very low penalty when we have had several cases of people been suspended for longer for way less (group advertising, for example).

It looks to me as though he was suspended for Inappropriate Behavior (a two day suspension), which covers a vast range of offenses. Only the mods know exactly why, and there's a reason it's kept that way. Let them do their work.

4 years ago*

Deleted

4 years ago

From what I've read CG's massbans were also due to the fact ...

Incorrect. Not everyone who was suspended made a video or stated they used it, or was even in the Steam group. If you have some evidence otherwise, please feel free to post it. I assure you, most people did (and still do) hide it, because it's highly frowned upon (as evidenced by your own predetermination of guilt) to use any sort of auto-joiner on this site.

That and the fact that there is no need to have an autojoin installed and enabled unless the user wnats to use the autojoin function since there are several other addons that do whatever the autojoin addon did without said autjoin function

To use your own (extremely hyperbolic) "murder analogy" from your a previous comment -- I can go target shooting with a bow, so I must be intending to murder someone if I buy a handgun.

All you have is a screenshot of the script installed

At the end of the day, that is all you have upon which to base your judgement. And that's fine, it is your decision. I need more than that to condemn someone, and certainly much more to do so in such a public manner.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

You know what I'm an advocate against? People who bitch way too much about things that should be left to the moderators and administration of this site. If you have an issue with someone, file a report with support. That is how the rules of this site work.

It's not your place or mine to decide what is right and wrong on this site, beyond who should be allowed to enter our giveaways. Go ask your pal Superbumps how that worked out for him. You're in someone else's house, you follow their rules, or you leave or are escorted out.

Therefore it would make absolutely no sense at all for you to defend the anti-publicization of the decisions if you were truly wanting to prevent the happening of abuses.

I can be against "abuses" and not believe those abuses should be publicized so they can be ridiculed and mocked (aka turned into witch-hunts). There's a reason there's a calling out rule in place. Speaking solely for myself, I understand perfectly why that rule is in place, and intend to keep following it. You do as you see fit and I'll keep reporting any wrong-doings I see to support.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

I didn't know it would get you so upset that you would start swearing.

Saying "people who bitch way too much" leads you to believe I'm upset? You don't have that power over me, bud. That's actually very mild for me, lmao.

Whatever docks your yacht, though.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Less bundles = less giveaways. More bundles = more giveaways. I am sure, even without looking on data, that there is such connection :-). Of course it can by other trends but this one is also very important.

4 years ago*

Seriously. There have been very few of those awful dollar bundles lately, and I've been happy to see the site free of all that endless trash. If the numbers go down some because of that, so be it!

4 years ago

As you say. Awfull 1 dolar bundles. Many PPL dont want to giveaway only trash and buy bundles only on giveaways. First bundle need to have at last some/one game you want and then giveaway rest or dublers. My point is more good bundles especialy on good bundle sites not 1 dollars trash. Of course there are also cv farmers and they will giveaway also this trash to increase level. That is why there is correlation betwwrn bundles and GA. You can also see how many GA are after good bundle in humble bundle page.

4 years ago

It's less people here that give. That's the problem, not the bundles! ;)

4 years ago

Also possible. I did not say there are no such trend. I even said that there can be also other trends but still my point is valid about correlation between number and quality of bundles and number of giveaways.

Also i would look more of number of active users, because it can be main problem.

Edit: then we agree about active users/PPL

4 years ago*

& what do you think, why people left?
Does that have to do with SG?
Or also with some platforms for trading (which I'm not going to advertise, but you got them listed on my STEAM profile), which became more popular?
Or both? With SG imposing some stupid rules, which favors BOTs & auto-join groups? ;)

4 years ago

why people left?

People come, people go.
Do we have lost that many active users?
Why do members stop using SG... Hum... I would guess that some get bored of it, some don't have time for it anymore and probably that some leave because of the drama that occurs from time to time. Sometimes, you simply get fed up with something and move on.

If people quit SG and turn to the trading sites instead... to me, that's a sign they weren't here for the "giving" part in the first place. They wanted some kind of return on investment.

SG does not favor bots and auto-joiners. However... punishment if proven guilty should be harsher.
that could also apply to peeps who have several unactivated games and/or won the same game more than once. It's always disgruntling to have a winner with a very bad SGTools profile but you can't get a reroll because they have already served suspension. Everyone makes mistakes, I know. But when those mistakes pile up... dunno, it just feels like all you're gonna get is a slap on your hand

4 years ago*

Wow, I can't believe it. You went out of your way to leave negative reviews for SG on Trustpilots and other sites. Man... you have issues. Stop. Let it go. It's just a site/forum... Don't get your panties twisted over it.

4 years ago

It's how I strongly feel about SG...& leaving this site also, as it doesn't make sense to me to be here.

Last ban also, was just commenting about the lack of work of moderators.
& now one guy didn't get redeemable giveaway game before the end date!

What to say? Only good-bye.

p.s. Didn't only do it on Trustpilot, but all over internet & forums, including STEAM. ;)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

You should post a screenshot of your suspensions page so everyone can see you got suspended for "commenting about the lack of work of moderators"

4 years ago

You can ban me again, as I didn't change my mind.
I'm determined to show up & point out anytime about leeches here.
& it's called "a Freedom of Speech". You should know that, as Belgium is supposed to have it! :D ;)

4 years ago

Don't worry, I'm also determined to suspend you if you break the rules again.
I don't think you grasp the concept of freedom of speech very well. Your speech may be free but you're still accountable for it.

4 years ago

So are you, for your actions & your moderation.
Or lack of it, when it comes to BOTs & auto-joiner group members! ;)

4 years ago

Just fyi, "Freedom of Speech" generally means you will not face repercussions for speaking out against your government, it has nothing to do with how individual people or non-government organizations (such as SG) are allowed to respond.

4 years ago

Happy cake day :o)

4 years ago

Thank you :-)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

I don't think the sites going to die any time soon and as others have said you definitely would find a happier home in trading rather than giving. You could have 1,000 gifts and 0 wins and be the only person gifting on the site and that'd be fine. The idea is gifting, not gifting to get, that's where the mentality is all skewed.

As for the decline of the site, the changes to bundles, the changes to gifting, regional gifting, not being able to store gifts in your inventory etc all contributed to less giveaways.

As for less active users on the site and forums, I don't blame moderation, it has definitely taken too long to bring in a defined set of rules though which has lead to situations that have been unpleasant for everyone involved. When we moved to SG v2 we should have then set up a ruleset, better forums etc.

I said about 2 years ago all that will be left if nothing is done is a few people who like to cause trouble, a few good eggs who are trying to make positive changes and all the rest will leave or retreat into groups. I think that has somewhat happened also, not on a massive scale, but certainly I think some people and groups have people have splintered off into their own factions.

Finally, after 6 years the site has got a lot of people who just have realised that they can't just win things forever, sometimes you may actually want to play the games you have. As such, groups such as Backlog have promoted playing games, I actually think a lot more people are refraining from entering until they have played what they win. Early days it was a thrill to win stuff, kind of addictive, even with all the will in the world to play, you probably would keep entering giveaways. Now that thrill has worn off somewhat and people are probably gaining more enjoyment out of playing games.

Add all that together and you get your "decline" which I don't actually see or think is a decline, more a levelling out. This site will continue to be successful regardless of how many people leave for whatever reason they choose.

4 years ago

If it's not "gifting to get", then why do we have levels for gifting? & fact is, we have levels on SG.

Happy gathering with all those, what was the word, "people who cause trouble". Yes, they became the majority, as the moderators didn't ban them forever for using all the tools.
Or you can tell me that there's OK to have guys who wins here 2000 games & donated less then 10? LoL

4 years ago

Or you can tell me that there's OK to have guys who wins here 2000 games & donated less then 10? LoL

Yes, it is "OK."

Our purpose is to provide people a means with which to create their own giveaways, and in that we have succeeded. It is not our responsibility to redistribute the wealth of the world, nor to proselytize. CG is ambitious, however,, so there are additional features built into this site. Some of them are more efficient or effective than others, but all of them are geared toward making it easier and/or more enjoyable for people to gift Steam games. As this site is no more than a hobby of CG's, changes and improvements take time to implement, but they are implemented. SteamGifts may not be everything you desire, but from a pragmatic point of view, it continues to be a great site.

4 years ago

Yes, it is "OK."

Beat me to it....

4 years ago

That is the PROBLEM here!

You seem to TOLERATE UNEQUAL RIGHTS here...as the BOTs & auto-join groups are getting all the games.
& not someone, who would actually like to get the game!

It's the same as Musk is afraid of A.I. in the future! Just a parallel. ;)

4 years ago

No, it's not, the problem you have at the minute is you're completely missing the point everyone is trying to help you understand. There is no "equal rights", it's not give 1 get 1. It's geared towards people who want to give, not get. If you are giving TO get then you are not going to have an enjoyable experience.

If the site was geared towards getting games if would be called steamgets or steamwins.

Chill, it's actually all going to be fine, there's more important things to worry about.

4 years ago

I'm not talking about 1 for 1. I'm talking about "UNEQUAL RIGHT" of tolerating BOT, which can make it 10 for 1 or even on some 100 for 1!

Just keep all humans here. ,)

4 years ago

Why are you even bothered when it doesn't actually look like you've played any of your wins at all? What's the difference between you winning and a bot? At least a Bot will idle the game...

4 years ago

Don't have time in my life right now for playing. So what?

If you're going to judge my around 160 won games here, then compare that to 2.500+ games library with almost 3.000 DLCs - in total more then $30k.
So I've got plenty of money right now in my life, just not the time.

Sure, keep comparing me to BOT & auto-joiner accounts. LoL

4 years ago

If you haven't played the games you have won here then you are a leecher too.

4 years ago

LoL, for the logic.

Leecher which got here 160 items, out of 5.500 that I have in library.

But congratulation, you just won: Black List! :D

4 years ago

The amount doesn't matter, if you win and you don't play, then those games should be in other people's accounts that really will appreciate the gift.

And if you have so many games and money to buy them, why do you enter to giveaways to get them?

4 years ago

I used to enter more. Now I enter only wishlist items & recommended items.
Why?
Picking up fruits of the giveaway's leveling. ;)

4 years ago

And now you take off your mask and show your true personality. It's proven that you give away waiting for something back.

4 years ago

Isn't that definition of Leveling on SG?! :D ;)

4 years ago

No, and that's where you're wrong. "Levels represent a user's contributions to the community" <- read the FAQ of the site.

Now if you believe that advanced levels means more and better games that's your problem.

You are angry because bots don't say thanks and they minimize your odds of winning more games. Grown up.

4 years ago

Oh good, now we get to it. From moralizing me shifting it. Now we see that you "advocate for BOTs". Good way to go.

@Mods, maybe you should check this guy. Just saying. :D

4 years ago

What a crying baby lol. Where did I say that bots are ok? The only problem here is you whinning and crying because the site isn't like what you want to be.

You should be better leaving this site and go find your "likes" and "thanks" bartering in other sites.

And finally, please mods, come and review my account, maybe I'm a bot user who has given more games than I have won XD

4 years ago

Guess what. I'm not leaving now, just to pest you! :P

4 years ago

Thanks, I was so worried

4 years ago

Why are you whining? If you say that you have so much money, why don't go to buy some games and stop complaining about everyone winning except you?

4 years ago

It's not only me, it's all humans here. They have no chance against BOTs & auto-join group members.

Are you just blind to see it? ;)

4 years ago

And why do you care? We are here to give away games. That's the main reason.

To who? Doesn't matter
They don't thank you? Doesn't matter

The only one who cares about it is you and that's your problem. And you care because they don't thank you, a little punch into your ego.

4 years ago

"Giving away games" is not the same as "dumping it on garbage of leeches & auto-joiner group members".

It does matter to me.

Yeah right. I have an ego enough to thank everyone for every game I got. Imagine that!
It's not an ego problem, it's VALUES & EDUCATION problem. ;)

4 years ago

That is the PROBLEM here!

You seem to TOLERATE UNEQUAL RIGHTS here...as the BOTs & auto-join groups are getting all the games.
& not someone, who would actually like to get the game!

1. It is not a problem. It would only be a problem if we forced people to give games away and/or prevented them from entering giveaways. We do neither. The people creating the giveaways are doing so by choice, and have a lot of control over who is allowed to enter. The people entering have the freedom to enter or not.
  2. Everyone has equal rights on the site. Those rights do not include any special privileges when it comes to winning (or not winning) a particular giveaway. If a user has been allowed access to enter a giveaway, he or she may do so. All entrants have the same chance to win for every giveaway.
  3. "Bots" and "auto-joiners" have no better chance of winning than anyone else. More to the point, they are not "getting all the games." What they do have is an advantage in entering a larger number of giveaways than those who do not use such things. Whether or not the drawbacks (including punishment) of using such a tactic outweigh the benefits is debatable.

Your issue seems to be based on emotion, so I doubt evidence and logic will make you feel better. Instead, I suggest you limit who can enter your own giveaways while continuing to enter those for games you believe you will actually play. In that manner, you may avoid "leechers" while still having a chance to win something nice.

4 years ago*

Well, I can agree with 1st & 2nd.
But the 3rd. Seems like Moderator here is OK for users to use BOTs. Interesting.

That is the problem here! I personally (& there are others also in this topic / argument) would not like to give games to someone who only uses BOTs to get them. In essence, the subject of putting games here come to:

"Don’t give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw
your pearls before the pigs, lest perhaps they trample
them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
Bible, Mathew 7:6

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good men & women here. But winning against BOTs & auto-joiner groups, it's next to impossible.

So, why should I give a game here, when normal people are hard to get the game.
Or when some leech takes 8 days or more to even get the game, as the BOT is running on site.

& I think there is also some logic here. In this topic some users came also to similar conclusion to mine. & they don't give back here to the community.
All we are asking, is to "clean the house". That means harsher & longer bans for BOTs & give everyone a rule that no auto-joiner groups will be tolerated from date XY. So they can decide to stay in those groups or suffer the consequences.

I'll be happy to give half of my games here, within a 1st quarter - as soon as you (moderators) here provide me the proof of cleaning up BOTs & auto-joiners.

thanks, KLiKzg

4 years ago

Mate, you just used a bible quote on a forum about games...talking about bots joining games. If that's not an indication that maybe its time to step away from the site for a minute and relax, then I don't know what is.

As for the mods, they legit need to prove nothing to no one. They respond to tickets in their spare time as vplunteers. Why don't you offer up your free time if you are that passionate? They don't have any special GDPR breaking skills, NSA spy satellite's, KGB agents hidden in bot users families feeding them info.

Relax, a few bad eggs do a few bad things, its honestly not the end of the world. Go and play at least 1 of your wins and breathe.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Yeah it's fine, why wouldn't it be fine? You're missing the entire point of the website which is giving, not winning. It's fun to win, but it's fun to give away. The mindset you have is the exact reason people are telling you that trading might be more your thing.

Asides from that, just blacklist the people that you don't want to win your wins. It's really not an issue, as has been pointed out before as well it's actually mathematically impossible for everyone to have a positive ratio, just by simple numbers your uptopia isn't going to exist.

Again, it's not the mods who are the issue here, it's neigh on impossible to figure out who is using what tool and why.

4 years ago

I'm not giving away to all the leeches. & have plenty to give: https://barter.vg/u/3f74/t/
Some 200 games. ;)

But not "throwing away" those games to leeches, as it's the same as throwing it in to garbage!

& yes, I have BL the guys/gals which were:

• leeches I recognized
  • rude people who didn't even say thanks, after redeeming a game
  • guys / gals that I didn't agree with...so what, many also BL me, as they don't want their games in my library. It's all good! ;)

It's their job, as they agreed to do it. Have been a moderator on some forum & know it all to well.
So just that they don't know who is who, is not good enough. Image if the Police say: "Oh, bugger. We can't recognize who is criminal & who is not!" :D

4 years ago

Why do you want to enter more giveaways when you don't even play the ones you own?

You literally haven't even put a minute into any of your wins.

View attached image.
4 years ago

So SadisticChicken can psiho-analize me! :D ;)

4 years ago

I can what you? LMAO

4 years ago

Get a Life! ;)

4 years ago

It's short long for maths.

4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by MSKOTOR.