That is, who would do that?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I haven't give more than 15$ for a video game actually. But I would say "some people may give lots of money for 3D simulators." Think again, it is simulator, it is hobby thingy. I think 2000$ is obviously too high but, there must be some people to give 200-250$ to these kind of games.

1 decade ago

I've never actually commented on any of the messages on SG but I would like to just make an observation after talking to a friend who i had bought the Train Sim 2012 for when it was on sale during the winter event on steam.

To those of us viewing it right now, almost Two Thousand dollars worth of DLC for a game seems completely ridiculous. Who would pay that much for a game? However there is more to it then that because we're looking at it from a larger over view. Part of what appeals to many people about it that it is, above all, a simulator for something that many people can not do. It is no different from being able to fly a shuttle or most of the racing games that exist already. However, Railworks 3 from my understand has something that some games don't, in that a lot of its DLC is actually DLC from past games that would not be transferred over into Railworks 3 when it was released. This is not for someone to buy in all one big chunk the game plus its thousands of bonus trains. This is for people who liked certain trains that were not included into the finished product, or for those that preferred a specific type of train from "Railworks" of the past.

And as its been pointed out before by train collectors in the thread, it is actually a lot less expensive to buy the various packets of digital information for the video game then it is to Buy the models, to buy the paints if you have to paint them yourselves, buy the tracks if you wish for them to do something other than sit unmoving on a shelf, and also provide a room to store and maintain your crafted pieces of work. In the end, Railworks 3 is designed simply to give people a sense of something they are unable to do in real life for various circumstances and is above all, a Simulator and not a Video game. As often as the two may be interchanged.

1 decade ago

If you like playing sims its almost the same thing really. People enjoy different things.

1 decade ago

Go find that one guy who won the whole Steam catalog, ask him to download the game and all the DLC, see how long that takes, and see if he enjoys the game or not.

1 decade ago

Bet it was either a guy who uses steam once every month or an alt account

1 decade ago

Never had my hands on that sim. I think it depends on quality if they are detailed then yeah you should support them but if its done lazy then its not worth it

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by 594rk.