SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

If I'm reading it right it isn't considering the 5 entry requirement

9 years ago

Search for Fortix (which I've given 68 times) didn't have so many hits, so many include something so we know the number of copies given for each listing.

Also - Fortix (0.0017970102999144$)

Damn, I made a lot from that copy.

9 years ago

Fortix team assemble

Fortix (1 Copy) (0.018236498188585$ Total)

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago*

Now it's considering the 5 entry limit (I forgot about that one) and says the number of copies for each row of giveaways

9 years ago

Nice! Great and very useful tool :)

9 years ago

Thank you very much! Very useful tool!

9 years ago

It also doesn't seem to take into account games given away before their bundling date.

9 years ago

It does the check and it's working in my profile (Men of War: Vietnam), can you link me a place where the check fails?

Remember that the giveaways are listed from new to old. not the other way arround

9 years ago

I'm sure I gave Sonic Generations away before it was part of the Humble Bundle. I specifically made that giveaway end 2 hours before the week 2 games were unlocked anticipating that it would be bundled. I'm also pretty sure I got full contribution out of it (at least, on SGV1)

Checking the bundle games list though, Generations was bundled on March 13, 2014. IsThereAnyDeal lists Generations only got bundled once, on the Humble SEGA bundle, where it was added to BTA on December 2nd. Weird.

9 years ago

if it's added later, it still counts as it were there from start

9 years ago

Not sure why but it doesn't count most of my games, namely The Walking Dead: 400 Days, FTL: Faster Than Light, Dragon Age: Origins, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Napoleon: Total War.

9 years ago

Nifty little app, I see you've excluded GAs with less than 5 entrants even from the list rather than just mark them grey or so.
I'm not a math expert but since it shows I'm 3.83, assuming level 4 is $100 I'm still 10$ short.
"Real CV for account murkmurkmurk: 81.75$"
Solved.

9 years ago*

Nope. it don't work.

This is the list that it shows: [http://screenshooter.net/101971914/oaxseel]

It don't "see" in my profile Unreal: Gold, Unreal: 2 and Duke Nukem Forever: [http://screenshooter.net/101971914/fnlpxhf]

9 years ago

Fixed the issue with the entries, sorry @Akoperu, it should work now
That should fix the issue for you too @MSKOTOR

PS: Don't code when you just woke up

9 years ago

Didn't include some games for me too but now all works great!
Well, it's not exactly hard math in my case anyway, but still useful! Thank you very much!

9 years ago

Yup, now it's fixed ;)

9 years ago

Yeah, it works :) Thanks!

9 years ago

Good work!

9 years ago

Cool... Thanks. :D

I've got $317 given away, and I'm Level 5. I was Level 4 before my last 2 giveaways (Book Unwritten Tales (Bundled) and GTA San Andreas (Normal)), so Level 5 starts at $300. :)

9 years ago

Not necessarily. There are probably more to levels than CV.
For example my level is 4.93 with Real CV of $237.55, while adam1224's level is 4.90 with $251.75.
Or there might be a bug somewhere.

9 years ago

Hmm... First I gave away The Basement Collection and Civ V and Your tool takes them as 5.1$. The thing is, that it should get me 30$ CV for being the first games I gave away, or am I wrong?

9 years ago

That was on SGv1.

There is no 30$ free from bundles now , just a plain 15% at any level of CV

9 years ago

Btw, shouldn't there be additional category in discussions for "community-made" tools? It will bring more attention to them and help people to discover convenient features that they might like and would've never found out about them otherwise, because they lost somewhere deep in general forum. There was even special page in forum menu for addons on old Steamgifts if I recall correctly, so it make sense to do it here.

9 years ago

I haven't looked at the code but on a glance at the result I got from query I did notice that there are small bugs with your algorithm.
First it counts copies from latest to oldest (or top to bottom), it should be different way, from oldest (oldest copy I gave should give full $ and latest should be lowered after 5th for 10%).
Second you made overlook when counting gifts within giveaways with multiple copies. I'll give you example because it is easier than to explain with words. pvz 1 copy - full value, pvz 1 copy - full value, pvz 2 copies - full value, pvz 2 copies - here is mistake, both copies are lowered for 10%, instead of one giving full value, and second one to be lowered for 10%.
Good job btw ;)

9 years ago

The order is important in this case yes, I'll give it a look to change it to use older first. I just didn't thought in the case when the 5 copies messes around with the order.

For the 5 copies thing, I'll check it! Thanks for the bug report :)

EDIT: Fixed the bug with the multi-giveaways going from less than 5 copies to 6+ copies, thanks for the report!
And now the giveaways are showed and calculated from older to newer

9 years ago*

Assuming red = bundle game, green = non-bundle game? If so, it's not accurate. It shows me giving away LEGO Lord of the Rings as a non-bundle game, when it's been bundled by BundleStars a few times.

9 years ago

It's not in the official Bundle List, you can check it here.

Maybe you should report it to mods

9 years ago

I just got to level 5 on steamgifts and I'm assuming it's $250. Your tool shows 248.975. My guess would be that there is a problem with how it calculates bundles. For example I've gave away multiple Indie Gala 7 but only one Humble Bundle for Android 3 and 4 Indie Gala 8 but both Humble Bundle and Indie Gala 8 shows reduced value in your tool when (as far as I understand) it should be full value for them.

Great work nevertheless.

9 years ago

It shows me 251.82579511$ as your CV.

Bundle status and repeated games are checked using it's steam url as identifier as it's unique and the most robust way to do it with the data that SG makes public.

The thing about Indie Gala and Humble bundle giveaways is that SG don't assign them an URL in the giveaways page, so they fall of in the same category for the CV calculations, making them count all together to the 5+ rule.

I'll do some changes tomorrow to correct this (it's something quite rare, because it has been a long time since they created an entry for a bundle like that).

9 years ago

I'm currently in the process of giving away all my unused bundle keys and someone must have confirmed their gift. It was accurate when I wrote it ^^".

The point is if you look at the list those 2 bundles I mentioned they are orange and IMO shouldn't be. I have no idea if this is SG issue or not, just trying to be helpful and reported something that may be a bug ;)

9 years ago

Sorry I didn't express myself well, it was a bug because i was using all gifts that doesn't have url (The old bundles from IG/HB 2+ years old) as the same giveaway for the 5+ rule.

It's now fixed.

9 years ago

I had $187 in SGv1 in your tool shows $112 also i found this bug

http://i.gyazo.com/b9805423fe9c2396c710c519734776a1.png

9 years ago

That is a bug in SteamGifts, If you look at your sent Gifts you'll see that indeed it's 0P.

9 years ago

oh haven't see it, thanks for the heads up. ill send a ticket to support

9 years ago

I appear to have a bug as well when entering this contest: http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/7530e1a6-9ce6-11e5-b2c0-0663045ed9e8 It reads that I cannot enter b/c my public giveaways = $7.50, and the minimum is 10. However, I gave away about $5 worth of games after the SG bundle cut that have been marked received this morning and they show up in the SG checker for my username. But everytime I try to enter the contest I get the same public giveaways are too low message. The giveaway train ends at 10 AM tomorrow and I cannot access it despite meeting all the necessary requirements.

8 years ago

Great tool, thanks for putting it together for us!

Would it be possible for the tool to display the amount of real CV needed to reach the next level?

9 years ago

Check my thread here, maybe knsys can incorporate it, dunno.

9 years ago

Ah, I just need one $1k game for the next level. :P

9 years ago

Thanks for the tool, it's really usefull.

Is there any chance I could get the code of it, I'm just curious on how it's all coded.

9 years ago

maybe get some domain?

9 years ago

It's just a little tool that sooner or later will be a feature in SGv2. I don't think there is a need for a domain :)

9 years ago

That is an awesome tools ! Is there a way to use it to check the "Real CV" we could get by selecting a games ? That would be so great , and usefull to check if a games was bundled in the past that way !

9 years ago

You can just check if the game you want to give away is on the bundle list here: http://www.steamgifts.com/bundle-games

9 years ago

Could someone help me, please?
I guess I'm doing something wrong as it keeps telling me my CV is 0
"Real CV for account Luxy: 0$"
Maybe it's not working anymore?

9 years ago

Seems to not be working right now. It used to work for me some hours ago.

According to this topic though since I have a level of 8.87, it means that my "Real CV" is (8.87*3000)/9 = 2,956.67$ but if I remember correctly your tool calculated something like 2.800$.

9 years ago

Now that it's working again, I can confirm that it says I have a "Real CV" of 2878.3$, while I believe it should be more like 2,956.67$. So I don't know what, but something is not being calculated correctly :)

9 years ago

uhm, so Level 8 is from 2000 - 3000$, and your exact level is 8.87, therefore you should be around 2870$, that's pretty close to 2878$. Where is my mistake here ?

9 years ago

Well it's not your mistake on the levels, it seems to be a mistake in the tool.

Supposedly that level 9 is 3001$ then level 8,87 should be:

(8,87 * 3001)/9 = 2957$

Unless I've got it wrong...

9 years ago

CV needed for level is linear only within single range, so CV for level 8,87 should be $2000[level 8]+0,87*($3000-$2000)[progress throug level 8]

9 years ago

Might be. Was this mentioned somewhere?

9 years ago

Now that you asked, I can't say for sure that cg wrote anything about in level progress value, only that level boundaries are nearly exponential. I think there was something in beta site, but might be wrong. Anyways linear interpolation within single level should be close enough

9 years ago

We are going to find out after my current giveaway ends.

9 years ago

Well now that my giveaway has ended, it seems you are right. I gave away a 70p non bundle game and my level from 8.87, went up to 8.94.

9 years ago

Real CV for account crizyz: 0$

I guess it cannot fetch the profile somehow?

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

Yeah it works now, I guess it was a temporary thing (as other also pointed out here).

Kind of interesting to see. :)

9 years ago

Real CV for account Selknam Defense: 0$

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.