SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

It seems that CG is doing something to the website, if you try to enter the site without a valid sessionID cookie you get an infinite redirect loop.
Thats why the tools is not working (it works without a logged in user).

As soon as this is corrected, the tool should work again

9 years ago

Thanks for sharing! I'll try again later. :)

9 years ago

Pretty neat

9 years ago

Nice! Great and very useful tool for me.. i find so long time. Good Work! :)

9 years ago

Thanks for the cool tool!

It looks like the tool includes CV for all copies of multiple copy giveaways, even if all of those copies are not marked as "received". For instance I gave away 3 copies of a game, but only two of them have been marked "received"; the tool indicates that I got CV for all three copies.

9 years ago

Thank you, this is really helpful!

9 years ago

Funny, for me this tool displays slightly less CV then my level would imply...

But ages ago i lost some CV when humble bundle created a bundle that contained a game I had just given away that day. I made a comment about my GA having ended an hour before the bundle was published, not expecting anything to happen, but I was then told that the start time of the bundle has been fixed and I actually got full CV.

It seems this fix carried over to SGv2 :-D I don't know it they internally added a time to the bundle date (which is just not being displayed) or bobofatt manually changed something about my GA but whatever it was, it carried over cause assuming full CV for this brings my expected level to 5.50 :)

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

Great work!
Thanks!

9 years ago

its correct? 0$ ???
Real CV for account Selknam Defense: 0$

9 years ago

"Selknam Defense" is not an account, it's a game... you want to enter your username: "Real CV for account BERELVIS: 12$"

9 years ago

only work with names so
thx!

9 years ago

The link seems to be down... and I can't even search with IsItDownRightNow to see if it's really down for everyone.

9 years ago

Just a little bump to keep topic on first page of discussions.

9 years ago

bump

how often does it update its bundle list?

9 years ago

Now only manually, I have to cron it.

I just updated it, when I have time I'll put it in crontab

9 years ago

Changed the link from a pure ip to a free domain: http://www.sgcv.tk/

Since a week ago bundle list gets refreshed once per day at 3AM GMT

9 years ago

Great, Thank you! :D

9 years ago

Thank you for the tool.

Think you can do the same thing, but for gifts won, instead of given?
I'd like to compare Real give cv vs Real won cv.

8 years ago

Came to this thread to bring this up and saw this so seconding it. Would be nice to get a straightforward comparison since neither numbers nor raw value tell much.

8 years ago

I'll check it when I have time :)

8 years ago

Thank you, this is a very useful tool and effort in expanding even further is very much appreciated here. :)

8 years ago

Real CV for account Venhiem: 105.75$

Why aren't I level 4 yet? It says 3.79 on my profile which means 94$... ah well close 'nuff, will get there soon.

8 years ago

Just under $90 actually and because it hasn't been updated yet both Sword of Asumi and Vanguard Princess Lilith are in the bundle list since mar 23. One of your SoA giveaways is considered to be before bundle so you only get bundle value for one and VPL which accounts for the 16 difference in value.

8 years ago

You're level 4 in my heart Venhiem. Isn't it all that matters?

8 years ago

The site use a cached bundled list to avoid a massive hammering on SG.
That cached list gets updated everyday at 3AM GMT.

So if you check it after that time, the value should be correct

8 years ago

Just checked mine cv, found out that some games that previous correctly detected as Bundled Games now appear as Full value game
Something wrong happen ?

8 years ago

It should work again.

Something failed during the automatic sync at 3AM, I guess the server didn't respond to one of the petitions of the parser and it stopped at bundle page 28.

8 years ago

While you are digging through all this data anyway, could you also run this on the RECEIVED gifts? I just like statistics, no other reason...

8 years ago

The next thing I'll do is a switch to select if you want the real CV from your gifts or from your wins :)

8 years ago

Wow awesome changes mate.

8 years ago

I hope the level information and progress bar helps people find it more useful. You where fast noticing the new changes, no even 10 minutes!

8 years ago

I use it, like, all the time, and currently I'm waiting to get level 5 so yeah, I noticed it quick. Great addition, just looking forward to Gifts Won CV calculation xD

8 years ago

Added the option to calculate real CV from Won Gifts.

8 years ago

Damn, I should not have asked for this... now I feel like a really bad person... :P Joking aside: Cool site :)

8 years ago

Awesome, wasn't expecting it to be so low compared to my giveaways thank you very much for adding it. :D

8 years ago

Possible bug?

You forgot to count public giveaways with 1-4 entries. #2 here
Supposidly, you are supposed to get cv for public giveaways, as long as it has 1 entry.

edit: example: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/O2rM2/rise-of-flight-channel-battles-edition-furious-wings
^yields no cv on your site: http://www.sgcv.tk/sent/gbaz69

8 years ago

I thought that every giveaway with less than 5 entries didn't give CV, I'll change it later.

8 years ago

You may want to double check with cg.

8 years ago

Now it checks the 5 entry rule only against non-public giveaways, thanks for the report :)

8 years ago

On SG im level 5 and on this site say this: http://www.sgcv.tk/sent/Tyler889

8 years ago

The culprit is "Total War Grand Master Collection". The sites say it's worth 100 points, as it's the limit of points for a giveaway, but the real CV is higher. My script has no way to know the real value, so it counts 100$.

Unless CG opens a public API, there is no way to check the real value

8 years ago*

no prob, great idea anyway ;)
ah.. and great idea also the .tk domain :D

8 years ago

Best tool ever

8 years ago

nice! what about one for gifts won?

8 years ago