SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I have problem.
My Cv (from this "real calculator") is more than 100$, and I should have level 4.
I have level 3, any ideas?

9 years ago

Check the second point of Limitations. Your last game was bundled today (Robotex), when the site updates the bundle list this night, you'll see the correct value

9 years ago

Thanks

9 years ago

In which bundle?

9 years ago

It's -96% in steam store. Everything that is -95% or more is considered bundle.

9 years ago

Thanks, didn't know that :)

9 years ago

Noice (y)

9 years ago

nice tool, thanks!

and is there a way to find out the real CV of a certain games?

8 years ago

Old steamgifts had pages for each games with some statistics, but new one doesn't (or I'm not aware of them). Without them I can't find the points / raw cv from them (maybe when I integrate steam api I can check it there but it could be out of sync with steamgifts cached value).

The other part that makes it a little bit messy is that we have the 5 copies thing, that will force the script to parse all your sent games everytime you want to check the real CV of a certain game in order to apply that rule.

8 years ago

Little update:

Now the tool now checks steam api for the real CV value for a game that costs 100P on steamgifts (capped), and bundled cache list auto-updates more frequently.

8 years ago

Nice, thank you :)

8 years ago

cake Mamo!

CAAAAAKEEEEEEE

View attached image.
8 years ago

Thanks for the cake ^_^

8 years ago

New update!

1. New design (steamgifts like).
  2. New functionality, check activated gifts of a user.
  3. Name change, as it's no longer just a cv calculator, but different tools related to steamgifts.
  4. Related to that, new domain.

Check the changelog!

8 years ago

apparently i activated none of my wins
I will immediately write a ticket for myself ( just kidding, but maybe you make the "Before calling out someone, please manually check the results" very big)

8 years ago

Steamgifts blocks steam url from use profile to not-registered people, so if your nickname is not equal to your steam vanity name, it breaks.

I'll search for a solution later, it seems that every people I've chosen to test it had the same steam username and vanity url

8 years ago*

ribbit, this works
many in my friendlist I just checked, have a different name here compared to their vanity url . . . . .

8 years ago

Now it asks for two parameters (steamgift user and vanity/steamid), so it now works.

I still don't understand why steamgifts hides steam url for users on their profiles when you are not logged in

8 years ago

Thanks for all the work on the tools, they are quite handy. I hope you will be able to find a solution to the current problem.

Edit: lol. I must type slowly. You already have a workaround in place. Thanks!

8 years ago

Great new update! Briliant stuff!

8 years ago

Before calling out someone, please manually check the results

Ehhh maybe you meant before reporting someone ? Because you're not supposed to call out at all, no matter it you are right or wrong.

8 years ago

Kudos on the new features!

8 years ago

Wouldnt it be better to show newest giveaways on top? or add option to choose if some prefer the way it is?

8 years ago

Older first Is the natural view of showing giveaways since we have the 5+ copies limitation. Next week I'll probably add the option to change the display order.

8 years ago

Great, thank you for your hard work!

8 years ago

Added a checkbox to change the order to newest on top.

8 years ago

Thanks a lot!

8 years ago

Thank you very much! Very useful tool!

8 years ago

bump! just saw the new feature!
Thanks alot, its very useful ;)

8 years ago

I got bored and decided to play around with some userscripts... One of the scripts I created adds links to your server onto the userpages here on steamgifts.... It's still very raw and unoptimized but if anyone wants to look at it...

8 years ago

Thats a really good idea! I just tested it and it works perfectly fine :)

Maybe you can talk with SG++ developers to convert it to a plugin for it!

8 years ago

I haven't seen any real activity there for a while... also, they use a weird framework that I was to lazy to learn ;-)

On a sidenote: Now that I seem to have gotten more people interested in this by making a post about it, it might be a nice idea to somehow collect known problematic games so that the site can mark those... Not sure what the best way would be, but I thought I'd put it out there

8 years ago

I think all the "Deluxe", "Goty", "bundle with dlcs" are problematic.

I guess steam marks the game and the associated dlc's as activated, but not the "pack". The problem is that the "pack" is detected as a single game, not a pack, so we can't really check it's contents right.

Steam API is a really big mess with DLCs, the majority of them are not returned as owned. It's quite unacceptable for a company as big as Valve.

We can indeed build a database with those problematic games to mark them in another category.

8 years ago

Nice script, tyvm!

8 years ago

Would you be interested in building a database of games that Steam API incorrectly reports "not owned"?
You could put a warning indicator next to those in the report pages.

8 years ago

its not 100% acurate in what you sent or won, but in how SG calculate you lvl.
for example; i gaveaway a full price steam gift and SG calculated as it was a Bundle version-

8 years ago

Steamgifts would give you only 15% for bundled games.
Always.
No matter if you had bought it normally or via bundle sites.

8 years ago

thats what i said, no matter if you paid full price for the game that you giveaway. if has been ever bundled, it will give only 15%

8 years ago

Oh. I misread~ your post :)
I though you were complaining and mark that as a bug :)

8 years ago

not a bug. the program tells you what SG calculates with presision but not always the "real" money you spent becouse SG dont always calculates the real value.
the program is awesome never the less and i always check on it if im courius!

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 8 years ago.

8 years ago

EDIT: And... working again!

Huh, I'll have to revert a change... Steamgifts gives non-acurate information on copies marked as received...

Since this morning I use a count of names marked as received instead of the giveaway announced number of copies, because not every multiple copies giveaway ends up with all marked as received. But looking at your profile it seems that the names displayed as received is limited to 3, so we are screwed too.

I'll revert to use the number of copies announced by the giveaway. Thanks for the report!

8 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 8 years ago.

8 years ago

It should work now, it was hidden for a stupid mistake but it was taken into account in the calculation.

Now they are visible again, sorry about that.

8 years ago

something went wrong i just won game, activated key , made steam profile public synced with steamgifts & checked with non-activated gifts..site is saying I have NOT activated any of my games..NOT A SINGLE ONE!
what am I missing here?
edit:- nevermind. it went back too showing tropico DLCs. so am I to assume it doesn't work if your profile is private?

8 years ago

Are you sure you are checking it right?

For me looks OK

Edit: You are fast, it cannot fetch the data for private profiles, that's what a private profile is :D

8 years ago

Now the detailed game log for not activated DLCs and removed-from-steam-api ones is now hidden by default. There is a "button" to show/hide it. You'll still see the section if there is at least an entry (even if it is hidden by default).

Some more explained cases where the prediction can cause false positives.

8 years ago

I recently noticed that games that are marked not received still appear as not activated.
If it is not possible to filter these out of the check, I think you should add a warning on the page about this

8 years ago

Can you link me to a case like that? I guess it is a case when some people marked it as received and the winner doesn't, because with a single entry it's working.

If you can pass me an example I'll try to fix it.

8 years ago

It was indeed a giveaway with 2 copies and the other winner marked it received

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/Volteren2980/giveaways/won

8 years ago

Now it should work in the vast majority of cases.

In a case where more than 3 people mark it as received and more than 3 marked it as not received and the user we want to check has a username that is alphabetically lower than 3 of them, we'll not be able to know it. But that is just a remote case (please CG make an open API !!!)

8 years ago

Thanks for the quick fix

EDIT : I'm not sure what alphabetically lower is. Is A lower than B or B is lower than A ? ^^

8 years ago*

B is lower than A for the scenario I told you (in fact B is greater in ascii/utf8 but whatever).

This is a limitation of how steamgifts displays the winners and the marked as not received for giveaways of multiple copies. That's it, it just show the 3 "first" markers from A-Z

8 years ago

Bump for amazing site.

8 years ago

Nice website. Although it puts me at level 5 when steamgifts itself puts me at level 6. Spooky.

8 years ago

Limitation number 3:

"The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 100 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (100$)."

Square Enix Hit Collection is no longer in steam api, so it's impossible for the tool to know its CV.

That is what is causing the difference on levels.

8 years ago

New feature:

On "giveaway sent" page, if you hover the CV result you'll get the CV for every giveaway type (public, group, private, whitelist).

8 years ago

Neat-O

8 years ago

This is very neat!

Although, I just checked myself and it's (incorrectly) reporting two non-activations.

One (Comix Zone) is a DLC, not a separate game. It shows up under SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics. I know you say on the page that some base games are not recognized as owned, such as from Sega Classics, but those aren't base games. When I activated Comix Zone, it was my only Sega Classics game, but it showed up internally as DLC.

The other (Crazy Machines 1.5) is actually two different steam games (Crazy Machines 1.5 Inventors Training Camp, Crazy Machines 1.5 New from the Lab, both can be seen from the Wacky Contraption Ultimate Collection but the links go back to Crazy Machines 1.5).

As inconsistent as Steam is regarding how they report games, this sounds like it would be such a pain to maintain! However, I'm definitely using it to check my winners from now on.

Edit: Dota 2 also comes up as not activated if someone won it back before it was f2p, I just noticed.

8 years ago*

it's not site's or sg fault. A lot of games have multiple ids for same title and might game night have different id then the steam api is giving out, especially if you don't live in usa.
that crazy machines 15 problem is somewhat strange, as if you check community hub for that game, it doesn't appear on steam api as owned for anyone

8 years ago

Yeah, I found that one of my GA winners had all games part of SEGA Classics games as not activated, also Arma 2 which was weird.

Still this is a great tool for a quick scope of the users, then I double check first with the Games Won section and then proceed to the actual Steam Library.

8 years ago

Yep, I always have to double check, but it's still a nice tool and I use it regularly.

8 years ago

The tool needs to be checked as my CV has a lot of difference. There is a bundled game which is showing as non bundled and its causing the difference.

8 years ago

See limitation 2:

1. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
8 years ago

Its not updated for 6 days now. I guess its error.

8 years ago

Then it must be an error, I'll check it soon!

8 years ago

Thanks

8 years ago

Ok it should work now :)

I moved some files around some days ago, but didn't change the crontab (stupid me)

8 years ago

Thanks its fine now

8 years ago

Hello,

Borderlands 2 is still marked as non-bundeled. It's been this way for several days now.

8 years ago

Should work now, Bundle list was not auto-updating for a stupid reason >_<

8 years ago

Thank you!

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.