SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

A game is showing up as "not activated" on my account for SGTools, but it was... "The Last Hope" (https://store.steampowered.com/app/522570/The_Last_Hope/) Is this a false positive for anyone else?

5 years ago

The "The Last Hope" in your library is this one (appID 765620), while the giveaway you won was for this one (appID 522570) instead.
Might have been a mistake by the giveaway creator, it wouldn't be the first time, and most likely won't be the last either.

5 years ago

Hmm. Should I do anything? Not sure how I missed that...

5 years ago

The first step is to mark the giveaway as not received, although since it ended over a month ago, feedback has been locked, so you need to contact support to do it for you (don't forget to include proof that the key was for the wrong game).

Then, you can contact the giveaway creator, let them know what happened, and try to find a solution.
Either they give you a working key for the correct game, or you let them delete the giveaway.
Otherwise, you'll keep the feedback as not received if you cannot agree to a solution.

5 years ago

Thanks -- just submitted a ticket.

Dumb question -- can I just BUY the correct The Last Hope on Steam? I mean, would that fix the "unactivated" flag, or is there a timeframe for that?

5 years ago

Yes, buying the game yourself will fix the not activated flag, if you're fine with that.
The only thing that matters is that you have the correct game in your library.
Of course, if you choose to go that way, you can close the ticket, since it will become useless.

5 years ago

Ah -- that might be the easiest thing. I mean, I feel bad flagging a guy 4 months after a giveaway for what was probably a simple mistake... and it looks like it often goes on sale for .09 - .25 cents, so I can probably snag it in a few weeks.

5 years ago

I used SGTools for filtering for the first time for three trains this past week... and as a result, here's some suggestions:

• enable SGTools to find the URLs for train wagons itself (similar to how the giveaway extractor of ESGST does it which is able to extract URLs for train wagons). Having to add them all by hand for long trains just eats up a very long time.
  • add a function to check every wagon of a train for invalid entries at once. Having to check each wagon one by one... again, that takes quite some time. If there was a table with a list of invalid entries for every wagon, that would be great.
  • a "report" button to report invalid entries right there on the result page to somewhat streamline the process of reporting abusive users.

(Also, there's some inconsistencies regarding the nomenclature of filters compared to definitions on steamgifts - which can get quite confusing. E.g. ratio_real and ratio_raw.)

5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback!

• Having to add them all at the very beginning was a request from a Steamgift SuperMod, since it was the most secure way to avoid some malicious use of the tool. So as long as another supermod don't say it's no longer necessary I'm afraid it'll stay like this, I can't do much about it sorry.

• It's like that to avoid hammering SG with potentially useless requests. Take into account that every giveaway checked usually requires parsing several pages of entries, multiply that to the usual train length and it adds up to a huge request amount (that requires time and it's easy to trigger with a button click).

• Report button inside SGT is a thing I've thought several times, but I prefer to maintain all the giveaway flow inside Steamgifts itself, but I'm open to changes on this if there is consensus.

About the ratio names, there was no such thing in Steamgifts when we build all the filter names, SG was only displaying pure value "raw cv" since not so long ago. Changing it now will only confuse people used to SGT filters.

5 years ago

Something went wrong when replying it seems... so I'll edit my other post and paste in here what should've been here in the first place:

You're welcome!

• I don't see how this could enable malicious uses of the tool, especially since it would make it even more secure to have them added automatically as we wouldn't accidentally forget some of them. But, oh well... I would hope some of them could give details on that and maybe even give an 'ok' now.
  • Of course, I understand that. Considering how few really long trains there are and still uses the train feature, or in general how few trains by even fewer people in the first place, maybe the load on the servers wouldn't be too big. Maybe if the feature could only be used after the giveaways are over would also help reduce unnecessary load. Maybe even just making it available for use twice for each train with the option to print out/save the list of results would be another option to reduce load.
  • Ok, so I should let you know here, as a comment, about the people who sneaked their way into my train circumventing SGTools?

I see, now it makes more sense. Sure, it would confuse the old users - once, but be helpful to all the new ones in the future ;-)
I've just noticed, the 'Last Multiple Win' is very confusing to set up. I messed up my rules and nobody could join anymore and ended up using the given example. I wish the tip was more detailed so I could make better adjustments to my needs.
Also, how about a similar filter for Non Activated wins, i.e. a 'Last Non-Activated Win' filter?
Anyways, thanks for considering!

5 years ago*

• I think this feature is more user-side stuff, so a userscript or pure js on the site will be a better option, seeing as it's already implemented on some scripts.

• There used to be really long trains (2000 wagons+) and that could end really badly. It's true that now those trains are more scarce, so I'll add it to the long todo list of the site.

• Yeah, you just need to post me the SGT id of the giveaway and tell me the giveaway or giveaways where they broke in.

Well, custom rules are meant to be an advanced feature, but to make it easier I implemented a custom rule constructor interface that should make it really easy to use.

5 years ago

As for the second point: You can make a delay like check just one giveaway per second - this will reduce the load massively to a point where it probably doesn't even matter much anymore.

Thanks again for considering my suggestions. I'll make a new comment for the invalid entry issue.

5 years ago

[I moved the comment to where it belonged to as a reply.]

5 years ago*

You might want to use my userscript (I don't put in any thread, since it's for personal use).

You can mass copy information about GA from profile with ease with this tool.

5 years ago

Do I see this right, basically it copies all the data from all giveaways shown on the page? I'll have to give that a try next time I'm making a train, then remove the information not needed and paste it into SGTools. That's a nice workaround, thanks!

5 years ago

If you use a script that enables continuous scrolling, it works with that as well.

It's meant to be pasted into an Excel sheet with all the information about a GA, but actually in your case,, I think a shorter script can be used instead.

5 years ago

That's what I thought. I'm having endless scrolling enabled in ESGST, so that does the trick.

A shorter one would be enough, yes, but I can't program and - to be fair - I rarely make trains, in fact these three were my first ones and the next ones I'll maybe make for Christmas. So making a shorter script probably would be way too time consuming in this context.

If you're looking for a new project though, if there was a script that can read out the URLs for a train... like, load in as many profile pages as specified, then specify the first and the last giveaway of a train (maybe via check box or if the script numbers the giveaways, be putting in the numbers of the first and the last giveaway of a train) and the script then reads out all the URLs and automatically puts the list (one URL per line) into the clipboard so the list can simply be pasted into the SGTools box. That surely would be helpful for those people who regularly make trains.

5 years ago

Hi! I few days ago click on redeemed on this giveaway: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/ozKPH/hive-altenum-wars

But still show on "Not activated Gifts" . Help please! 😐

Profile sync and login in on sgtools

UPD: Help no need more

5 years ago*

Isn't the right thread, but:

You have received a worked key for that game?

if no, you don't mark as received, because the game isn't on your account.

unselect the marked received on giveaway, and post in the giveaway where the creator asked you if for you is ok to delete the giveaway, and ask to delete the ga.

5 years ago

Okey, thank you very much <3

5 years ago

http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/7ba08704-ba90-11e8-a57a-fa163ee2f826 One leaked entry in, among others, the Strife giveaway.

5 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

5 years ago

https://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/36c919f5-b768-11e8-a57a-fa163ee2f826/invalidEntries

This train has one invalid person who entered e.g. in the Alex Hunter, the Alter Ego and most of the other wagons as well. It's the same person for all of them.
That person also won two of these giveaways (I'm currently in the process of getting them re-rolled).

What else can I do about this person? I can't report him/her to SG for entering the train, can I?
Also, if I don't want people who previously have entered trains invalidly to enter my future trains, what SGTools filter would I have to use to not let them enter again?

5 years ago*

Just blacklist them? I don't see any rule targetting the user ID alone

5 years ago

You might have misunderstood my question. Of course I can blacklist those that sneaked their way into my train - I don't know though who everyone else is who invalidly got their way into other peoples trains. The filter I was asking for is to prevent these people from joining from future giveaways/trains.
So there's no such filter? Then I wonder, what does reporting them here do in the first place if it basically has no consequences at all? Am I missing something?

5 years ago*

They will get a strike on their account (on SGT only, not SG) and a temporary ban from entering any SGT GA for a while (more strike means longer duration). After the 4th strike, it's permaban.

I'm not sure if this count as 1 strike (since there is only one gate), or multiple strikes (multiple GAs), but there will be consequences.

5 years ago

Oh, so it's an automatic filter. Interesting. Do you happen to know how long such a first temporary ban ist?

Well I hope every wagon of the train he entered get's punished... as separately. At least to me putting every wagon's link into SGT for them all to be secured is just a shortcut to make them separate one by one and not much different from it since you also could make a train where each "next" button is a SGT link.
Ok, I actually doubt that's how it's being handled... but hopefully it's at least one infraction for each of the two giveaways that he won and which I now have to re-roll.

Talking of filters... do you know if the community ban filter is (like the VAC ban) Steam or only steamgifts (i.g. previously suspended from SG) related?

5 years ago

Some details about strike and how long the ban lasts: https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/kCEaeLm

Basically, the user will get one strike, and got banned for one week in this case.

Community ban is Steam only, as far as I can tell.

5 years ago

Thanks for that link!
Also thanks for the other information!

5 years ago

Infraction applied on SGTools, thanks for the report!

It's only one strike per SGT bypassed gateway, so as you have been informed, in your case is one Infraction (strike), it means the user will not be able to pass any SGT giveways during a whole month. The strike system is detailed below:

Strike system:

1. First Strike -> 1 month
  2. Second Strike -> 3 months
  3. Third Strike -> 6 months
  4. Forth+ Strike -> 3000 years (aka perma infraction).
5 years ago*

Oh, a whole month right from the start... Thanks for the information!

5 years ago

Rich life simulator VR (appID 665430) was removed from steam.

5 years ago

Thanks, added them all to the whitelist!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

Boy's Love is showing up as unactivated on my account but I do have it on Steam.

5 years ago

added to the whitelist

5 years ago

Zen vs Zombie is showing up as unactivated on my account but I do have it on Steam.
It is removed from the store

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

bump for more bans on steam store (20+)

5 years ago

Added 28 more games to the whitelist, thanks for the heads up!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Golf Extreme (appid 775890) is showing up as unactivated, I have it, removed from store.

5 years ago

bump for more bans on steam store (15+)

5 years ago

18 more games added to the whitelist, thanks!

5 years ago

Surfin' the ban wave

• 645760 Heroic Dungeon
  • 654490 Fable Rush
  • 731870 Make Border Great Again!
  • 756450 Neonicum
  • 762620 Limiter
  • 788090 One Tank to Rule Them All
  • 796470 Headache
  • 852140 Spaceguy 2
  • 856460 Brodefence
  • 884170 Evil Spring: Student Holidays
  • 936260 Catfender
  • 937270 Save HomeWorld
  • 941780 Trapnoid 2
5 years ago

Added 18 more to the whitelist!

5 years ago

Any chance to add Evolvation temporarily to the "false positives" list due to the revocation of keys from the mass giveaway?

5 years ago

+1, There was 10k keys given away by the dev here and now we are all locked out of sgtools giveaways that check for activated games.

5 years ago

Does SGtools check multiple wins by appID, so they need to match?

It doesn't mark people as having multiple wins, if they win firstly whole package, and then again win DLCs or games that are part of it. So it won't for example mark:

• someone who won Hector - Soundtrack Edition and then win Hektor - Official Soundtrack
  • all kind of Indie Bundle packs that contained few games
  • NukGames pack, and then winning separately games that are included in it
5 years ago

It does check using appid/subid, so they need to match indeed. All the usecases that you describe are correct, they won't flag as multiple-wins.

Those kind of cases tend to complicate themselves quite a bit when packages get more appids added to them, the publisher changes contents when goty editions gets released, or dlc's that are not reported in the api.
Apart from that, users are allowed to win a base game and later a bundle with that game inside or a collection of that game plus some dlc's without breaking SG's rules, so you have to sum a temporal factor to the equation.

Those use-cases can be checked automatically, but will lead to problems when developers/publishers messes things with the packages and will lead to another type of whitelist that has to be manually maintained. And let's not forget that there are worse restrictions for multiple-win checking imposed by Steamgifts itself, like not showing a complete list of marked as received or not received for giveaways with more than 3 copies, that messes up with multiple-wins accuracy.

5 years ago

It could work as black list instead. "If won this appID first and this appID later it's multiple win". It wouldn't be perfect (just like whitelist of currently removed games or false positives is not), but would be more accurate. And having certain list of checked conditions wouldn't lead to problems. Publisher doesn't create "Hector - soundtrack edition" to remove soundtrack out of it later. Or pre-made "Humble Indie Bundle 1" doesn't change it's content.

I do agree that leaving this to automatic algorithm would lead to a lot of false positives. But pre-defined list of appIDs we're certain are fine would work. And it wouldn't check for game ownership on Steam, but games list on SG. So it wouldn't be dependent on buggy Steam API.

Firstly winning base game, and then GOTY is not a problem here, as it'd check only for "win GOTY first and DLC or game later". So "if won subID124923 and later appID292030 or appID378649 or appID378648 = multiple win" => someone won W3 GOTY and then base game or DLCs. Only problem would be to create this pre-defined list of packages that doesn't change over time.

Complete list of marked as received / not received is shown only for public GAs. But it's site design, private and group GAs are open only to people that get link directly or are part of the group. But majority of GAs are made for public, and it can be checked. So list would have to omit cases where it can't check it in private / group GAs. But it's how it's working right now as well.

In the end it'd allow to catch at least part of the people that have multiple wins. It wouldn't be perfect, but it can't be as only support staff has information it'd need to work flawlessly (like all winners of private / group GAs) and this info won't be given to 3rd party tools. I only don't know how much coding it'd require, as I'm not a programmer. Spending a lot of time creating check like this would be inefficient, as I do see how many cases are not seen by SGtools. And those numbers aren't big.

5 years ago

I think this kind of checks are too inefficient to be relevant since the number of cases are really low, since winning the GOTY and synchronizing Steamgifts will make it impossible to win the base game since SG won't allow you to join it. The most probable case for this kind of multiple-wins is winning a dlc after winning a goty edition and well, dlc's are a mess in general.

I don't see why a complete list of winners for private/group giveaways can't be public information. It doesn't make any sense... if you show it up for giveaways with less than 3 copies, why not show it up for giveaways with more copies?

5 years ago

Sexbot Quality Assurance Simulator is showing up as unactivated on my account but I do have it on Steam.
Can you please check?

5 years ago

Added to the learning list, thanks for the report!

5 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

5 years ago

500Looks like we're having some server issues.
invalidEntries click

By the way, there was an intruder in the train wagon.
Should I report it after the GA period?

5 years ago

Error fix Thank You(´・Θ・`)

5 years ago

I didn't change anything, did the error really fix itself?
If so, can you tell me what did you do to trigger it? :)

5 years ago

I have no idea.Was it a cache fault?
Anyway, the error indication ceased to be.

again ;)
500 Error seems to come out.

View attached image.
5 years ago*

It seems that host was having some hard drive issues, that's what was causing the intermittent 500 error message.

It should work fine now, thanks for letting me know!

5 years ago

I am happy that nothing was serious, everyone's SGtools are okay!(∩´Θ`)∩

three invalid entry ( ;・Θ・)
http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/793687d4-c6bc-11e8-a57a-fa163ee2f826/invalidEntries

5 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

5 years ago

Hi, I would like to ask about Endless Space® - Collection - 0 CV.
My level droped last days so I checked my CV on sgtool and noticed ES Collection - 0CV instead of bundeled value...
Any idea what is going on?

5 years ago

It's a SG bug, it's marked as a 0 Point giveaway, so it gives 0 CV.

This sometimes happens when a game is pulled out from the store, just fill in a ticket here, in Steamgifts and they'll restore the points for it to the last known value, and then you'll recover the CV.

5 years ago

Thanks:) I did it and they already know there is a problem w this Collection;)

5 years ago

On what basis Company of Heroes 2 - Whale and Dolphin Conservation Charity Pattern Pack has been downgraded to from bundled one (which is true) to 0 CV?

5 years ago

You should ask Steamgifts why did they put it to the free games list (no cv value), as SGT doesn't have any control over which games go to that list. My guess is that it was given for free in some promotion.

5 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

5 years ago

960300 Ecchi memory game should be added to the learning list

5 years ago

Added to the Learning list, it seems it asks for another kind of "age check" that is not currently auto-bypassed

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.