SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

More "Steam is learning" apps, thanks for the report!

5 years ago

Perhaps you should create a new category for these (on top of DLC and packages) so that when these games finally gets out of the status, it's easier to go through them and remove them from the whitelist

5 years ago

5 years ago

Since all new games in Steam are "Steam is learning" apps is it possible to check if user owns game in some other way?
How it is done in Steam Web Integration script. It somehow knows that I have this game: https://imgur.com/a/vLDiDMR

5 years ago

That script uses http://store.steampowered.com/dynamicstore/userdata/ (you can click on this link to view your data), but this is API for Steam only. There is no equivalent API exposed in Steam Web API (which is provided for 3rd party developer).

5 years ago

5 years ago

help. Games wins not activated ,error.
Product name: HellCat.
like Mr.Ryptun , Same symptom.

5 years ago

Since Valve seems on fire putting tons of games on the "we are learning about this game" list, I've updated SGTools so it checks for this status on the store landing on every game that is flagged as marked as not received before reporting it. If it finds that a game is flagged as "steam learning" it creates an entry on a list of such games automatically and then reports it in a new category inside not activated page.

This should solve all past reports for games in that status and avoid new reports for those not added to the whitelist. This means the whitelist will get reverted to not include those games, since there is now a new and better mechanism to treat them.

But everything is not perfect, as always there is an edge case where the detector can fail and still give a false positive, and that case is on games that are marked as 18+ years, since SGT uses an anonymous session for browsing steam store and then it can't check those games without validation on the year restriction.

5 years ago

Thank you Knsys for cleaning up most of the Volvo induced mess and have a good week! :3

5 years ago

Getting a false positive on The Wake, it might be because the game is now as "Coming Soon" or because "Steam is learning about this game".

If it is due to Steam learning ability, then it seems like SGTools check for "Steam is learning about this game" didn't work for this game.

View attached image.
5 years ago*

Getting the same here. :(. :(

5 years ago

T_T

5 years ago

the detector can fail and still give a false positive, and that case is on games that are marked as 18+ years

Happy Wcakeday.

5 years ago*

I read that part and checked the page, but didn't find anything saying that is 18+, so I was confused if that was the reason. Also since I own the game, the message asking me if I'm of age doesn't show.

Thank you for the cake wishes ^.^

5 years ago*

Happy cakeday! 🍰

View attached image.
5 years ago

Thank you.

5 years ago

It's under the age check page, I've added to the Learning list, thanks!

5 years ago

Thanks for all the extra work, but sorry Steam has done this to you. :(

5 years ago

Volvo doing it's things, I'm used to it :3

5 years ago

Thank you!

5 years ago

5 years ago

This game is under the age check page too don't ask me why it doesn't make any sense, I've added to the Learning list, thanks!

5 years ago

Have a great Sunday! :3

5 years ago

https://store.steampowered.com/app/350630/Dodge/

There's something weird with this one, store page doesn't even show I own it :/

5 years ago

776080 - Dodge
350630 - Dodge

2 different games with the same name and similar graphic

5 years ago

Ask the giveaway creator to change the giveaway to the correct game

5 years ago

Thanks, it seemed pretty weird. Why does even Steam allow games to have the same name? :/

5 years ago

https://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/ab8e0080-6cb5-11e8-adc4-fa163ee2f826/

Invalid entries in the Cuphead, Doom and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider cars.

Unbundled cars are like a Venus flytrap for some.

5 years ago

Infractions applied :)

5 years ago

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ 😎

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Hey, I have another false positive to report. "The Initiate 2: The First Interviews" is in "Steam is still learning about this game" mode, and as such is causing me to show as having not registered a game. Can we get that added to the exception list?

5 years ago

Added to the Learning list, it's under an age check too :\

5 years ago

Ha, go figure. Thanks for doing that!

5 years ago

Have a nice and peaceful weekend, Knsys! :3

5 years ago

5 years ago

Added to the learning list, thanks!

5 years ago

Bump! :3

5 years ago

I tried entering an SGtools giveaway just now and it failed due to "unactivated wins". I'm just wondering why this might have happened because I've activated every game I've ever won. :/ I dont want giveaway creators to think I'm a rulebreaker because of this

Does it maybe have to do with either of these?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/881920/Depression_The_Game/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/807040/Dokkaebi_Hentai_Adventures__OST/

5 years ago*

It's Depression the game, added to the learning list, thanks!

5 years ago

5 years ago

Infraction applied!

5 years ago

Square Head Zombies - FPS Game shows as not activated. game page doesn't have "steam is learning...", tho.

looks like a false positive

5 years ago

Game is beings correctly reported by steam api and in fact you are not flagged by it.

Maybe steam corrected it already?

5 years ago

i don't have it, but gave it away :D

i tried yesterday, with a "trusted" winner: "not activated". just tried again, same result.

thank you, knsys!

5 years ago

Then it's a true positive, as I've checked 4 other winners and they don't flag.
Report it to support :)

5 years ago

ouch! thanks again, knsys

i'll do that

5 years ago

(sorry for spam)

i'll check even more, but it seems to me that this happens only with recent giveaways (2 weeks ago, 3 winners all three "not activated").

checked a GA of 6 months ago (and more) and it's ok.... :|

5 years ago

Have you asked the winners to check what game activated in the Steam account's history? Maybe the developer/publisher changed the appID or subID (or something) with the new batch of keys.

5 years ago

yesterday a SG buddy asked me if i had any problem with those keys.

he said just what you've said (but forgot to write it, above :P): it seems that keys activate square heads zombies TWO, and not the first...

so, thanks a lot, Oppen, as usual. i'll ask "my" winners which one they got

5 years ago

checking with winners and just got one confirmation: key activated the 2nd part of this, not the first as it should.

it looks, as Oppen said, dev messing things up :D

thanks again, knsys

5 years ago

Well, devs tends to mess up things sometimes. Ask support to change giveaway's game.

5 years ago

So my key activated the 2nd part of this I can confirm this

5 years ago

Have a very nice Sunday, Knsys! :3

5 years ago

You too :)

5 years ago

Thank you. ^^

5 years ago

False positive - https://store.steampowered.com/app/805940/RUSSIA_BATTLEGROUNDS/

I'm not entirely sure why as the game displays as owned in the store, doesn't look banned or delisted either.

5 years ago

It's because the "steam is learning about this game" thing. This combined with an age check implies that SGT can't auto check it, yet.

5 years ago

Infraction applied, thanks for the report!

5 years ago

Bump! :3

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.