SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

4 years ago

Added to the learning list, thanks for the report!

4 years ago

4 years ago

Could you try again?

4 years ago

4 years ago

Two new customers!

11fc57f0-59d0-11e9-8efc-fa163e96784d

Although one name sounds familiar, so maybe one new and one returning customer. πŸ€”

4 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report!

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

So do we report people who got illegitimate access to giveaways here? Got 3 on my train, and I've only just started checking;
http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/a64c7597-6685-11e9-84e3-fa163e96784d/invalidEntries

(You can see all 3 of them at Observer at the earliest)

4 years ago*

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

Hi. I think https://steamdb.info/app/463520/ is a false positive caused by a store removal, not 100% sure though.

4 years ago

Added Pristine world and several more from the same ban wave to the whitelist, thanks!

4 years ago

Something is wrong/bugged it the multiple wins check. It claims I have a multiple win of
DRAGON: A Game About a Dragon (won 2 times) (on 2016-12-09 15:59:00 and 2016-12-09 15:59:00)

but I only even won the game once and I did not win any other game on 2016-12-09 at 15:59:00 either.

4 years ago

Just checked you and it's clean.

4 years ago

Yep, it is gone for me now as well. Strange thing. I guess something must have gone wrong with the first check I did earlier.

4 years ago

4 years ago

It was not a private giveaway so I guess there was something wrong with SG then. Thanks for linking, I was not aware of that being a possibility.

4 years ago

Hey there, I have a new game that needs to be whitelisted:

Kill The Censored

I won this on the 16th of May, registered it immediately, sync'd as usual, etc. I'm still being reported as having an unregistered win, and this is the guilty culprit.

Thanks!

4 years ago

4 years ago

No problem! Thanks for getting it on there. I can access SGTools GAs again now. :D

4 years ago

Hi! It seems like I can't pass any sgtools gates. Tried a couple. I always get 500 Internal Server Error with "Standby" background and text:

Looks like we're having some server issues.
Go back to the previous page and try again. If you think something is broken, report a problem.

I see that in developer tools after ajax request https://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/XXX/check
My last try was at Thu, 30 May 2019 17:10:58 GMT according to response Date header
Thanks in advance!

4 years ago

Can you try to do a manual synchronization to see if the error happens there too.
I'm just not getting any information on the logs about the issue and I need more insight on it.

4 years ago

http://sgtools.info/sync also shows me the same error

View attached image.
4 years ago

I thought so.

Can you try to resync again and see if it still returns you a 500 error?

4 years ago

Unfortunately, it still returns the same error :-(

4 years ago

I finally managed to reproduce the error on local, it silently fails deep in a library module, so it will be a nightmare to know why it happens.
I have to blindly try to understand why it's failing only on your case and only in a certain type of database manager and not in others.

4 years ago

I have to blindly try to understand why it's failing

Sounds like my regular work... Btw why isn't project an open-source? I could help in that case.

4 years ago

Usually you got some clues on logs or error messages but in this case the ORM just dies silently not generating any log. DBMS doesn't log any error either.

The funny part is that only your user is generating this kind of behavior from the ORM and if I switch from MariaDB to Mysql it works fine.

When I initially thought about this little side-project several years ago I asked for community help for it to be an open source project but nobody did care, so at the end I just started it by myself as closed source. This was a fun side-project to learn about an interesting framework that started back then and that a friend kept talking me about.

4 years ago

Should be fixed now!

4 years ago

It is. Thanks!

Your project exists many years. You can't count how much times there was someone who could make a contribution, but didn't see repo and went away. I strongly recommend you to think again about going open-source, because one day you can found yourself unpleased with SG or gaming in general. Or maybe something else.

Open-source is an ideology about contribution to the world, not just to yourself.
I mean, you did the great tool for people, but there's one more little step from making it perfect. Why not to do it?
I can help if you want. We can start from closed bitbucket (for example) repo and then everything is done, move to public space on github.

I don't insist, but sometimes I think about such situations and this makes me sad. Imagine if SG was open-source. Then we wouldn't use ESGST which is really great, but slow because plugin can't be as well-optimized as native application with API. Well... sgtools would be integrated too 😹

4 years ago

I've been in SG for some years now and I've seen that people who actually can code or are interested in coding are a tiny group of people.
There is a thread on the forum with a link to all the "addons" ever created on steamgifts and you'll see that the names keep repeating on the list, and most of them already left the site.

I've got petitions as a regular basis of ways to enhance SGTools, but nobody ever has offered to help with the code.

My engagement from SG it's been on the low end since around 2 years ago, but I still maintain SGTools even if this means losing time and money. I mostly check notification from my threads and read the random drama spikes that happens from time to time when people links them to me.

Open source is an ideology that I love and know very well, but it's not suitable for a website. Websites are not like scripts, that can benefit a lot from forks and pull requests for new features. By nature websites are more centralized and maintaining several of them doing the same will lead to confusion. It's not a project like GitLab or Kibaba that you have your local version ready to serve your small subset of users.

Right now. and since the very beginning, SGTools source code has been hosted on a private bitbucket repository.

An open-sourced version of SG would not make sense either, the success of it was being a centralized place to give and receive games, and most importantly, to talk to people in the forums. CG giving us a minimum api to work with is the way to go in "opening" the site imho.

4 years ago

If an open-source site can be abused through forks then it's OK to keep it closed-source until popularity makes a domination and forks won't matter.

Let's cut it. Open-source have much more pros than cons on public projects, so there is no reason to ignore such option. You say it gives a little. I say maybe it gives a little, but a little is much better than nothing. And sometimes it gives much, you never know.

But... I agree that right moment is missed. So if really hard work is needed to bring it up to the world then it's not worth it. You still can ping me if you're going to do it some day

4 years ago

Two new customers!

4b9a9631-708c-11e9-9326-fa163e96784d
4 years ago

4 years ago

Hi! I found a game that is not recognized as owned β€” Nightmare Simulator

4 years ago

Game is correctly reported by steam api, so there is no need to whitelist it.

4 years ago

oh, steam has 2 "Nightmare Simulator"s. Sorry, my bad

4 years ago

I have a question regarding sgtools. someone obtained the link for one of my giveaways from someone else and entered the giveaway without using the rules checker. what can i do?

4 years ago

When the giveaway finishes, link me the sgtools giveway id and I'll apply an infraction to them.

If they happen to win the giveaway at steamgifts, you can ask a reroll for using a leaked url.

4 years ago

4 years ago

thanks for your work.

4 years ago

Trying to see Sent Gifts by icaio is causing the 500 error; probably he's made too many GAs and search can't handle it. Thanks for you work :)

View attached image.
4 years ago*

It was timing out because of the sheer amount of sent games. Now should work as I've adapted the timeout to allow it to finish.

4 years ago

Added to the Whitelist, thanks for the report!

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Hi, this giveaway got leaked by the person who passed the check at 2019-06-09 XX:X7:54 UTC https://sgtools.info/giveaways/ad9d2b48-89c7-11e9-8cae-fa163e96784d (hiding some digits in order to prevent correlation with GA entries by random ppl passing by, but only one check matches this "7:54 UTC" pattern as I'm writing)
Not sure what to do about it, quite many people entered via the leaked link despite a warning in the GA description (and the trivial rules that just anyone who doesn't own the game should be able to pass)...

4 years ago*

You should report the person for leaking the giveaway and request a reroll if the winner didn't pass the SGTools check. Also you should probably delete this as it could count as "calling out"

4 years ago*

Yeah I anonymized the timestamp a lot better as you were replying πŸ‘€
You mean report to SG? I thought that was something for SGTools(?) - which can only be contacted here AFAIK?

4 years ago

I was just talking about SG user report but it does look like they take note of invalid entries here very good to know about!

4 years ago

knsys can take care of all the people who entered without sgtools check and imho you can report the leaker to support. In the guidelines it is written under entering:

Respect the privacy of invite only giveaways, and if you're invited to a private giveaway, do not share the link with other users unless given permission by the giveaway creator.

4 years ago

Done, thank you :)

4 years ago

Was that the right place to report inactivated games for whitelist?
Because I found this one
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1086070/announcements/detail/1613892432414575741

4 years ago

Added to the Whitelist, thanks for the report!

4 years ago

Hey,
i get at sgtools checks at the moment a very slow connection and then:

Looks like we're having some server issues.

Go back to the previous page and try again. If you think something is broken, report a problem.
Report A Problem

EDIT:
The very strange thing is i opened a second tab for multi wins and activation checks and let all 4 run at the same time. 2 brought the error and 2 (with a other user check) work without a problem.
o_O

EDIT 2:
At the end i was able to check all winners, excluding the one that made from the begin the problems at the checks.
I tested it at all 4 tabs, that all worked with all other users, but with him each tab brought the error pages.

https://www.steamgifts.com/user/steveywonder75
Maybe his Profile helps to find the error.

I don't expect to find red marks at his checks but will be a bit unfair to check the rest and him not

EDIT 3:
I tested it with a Opera Gamer Browser and the result was the same

EDIT 4:
Next day, same problem with the same user checks

4 years ago*

Hello i won this game an d on the my steam library
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1091940/
Game Of Puzzles: Furry but here
warned that I did not activate
https://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/Attila777

4 years ago

4 years ago

False Positive:
Kill The Censored 2 https://store.steampowered.com/app/1077110

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

SGTools really needs to have some place to submit a support ticket!

I have a few giveaways running until next month and have SGTools added to each game individually, but the dashboard is telling me that 4 out of the 5 giveaways are 'finished'. Since the only one still seems to be active, it figures that would be my highest user level giveaway. Does any one know if lower level Steamgifts users can still enter if they pass the requirements??

4 years ago

Steamgifts doesn't display the end date of a giveaway when it's still not running (the start date is in the future). In the place of the end date there is a countdown to the start of said giveaway. That's why it tells you that they are finished when they are not, it just that you added to SGTools before the giveaway started and thus SGT can't really determine the end date correctly (it's not displayed at all).

There is an easy solution to that, everytime you use one of the SGTools giveaway creators options (view valid entries, invalid entries or all entries), both start and end date of the giveaway gets refreshed, and should correct itself.

4 years ago

Okay, thank you for that. I thought I was going to have to create a backwards GS user level train using the one link.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.