Ok, I know this is quite awhile from now but maybe it's something to look forward to for some of you :)

Total War Saga: TROY will be free to claim for 24h on 13/08/2020.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/product/a-total-war-saga-troy/

ENDED

edit: you can get the Amazon DLC for free aswell. Thanks to Agilni for the Instructions & InquisitorDruss for the reminder!

"The Amazons DLC arrives in September and will be FREE with Total War Access. To claim this offer, you’ll need to link your Access and Epic Games Store accounts which you can do now if you like! To link your account, follow these steps:

Click on My Account in the upper navigation bar
Click on the Epic Connect logo and log in with your Epic account credentials
Grant permission to connect Access to your Epic account
“Account Connected” will be displayed in My Account screen
When Amazons DLC is available, follow instructions from the in-game menu to claim"
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

So epic will paid SEGA for 7.5milliom copy of TROY with cheaper price?
I don't think SEGA will give it free to 7.5 million right?

3 years ago

Not sure about cheaper price. Someone said Epic paid the original price to SEGA for each copy and for exclusive right (for a year?). It is sure SEGA won't give out for free. SEGA can put it on Stream and earns profit like "three kingdom".
I also claimed a copy through web without buying a game nor install Epic client. Just to support SEGA indirectly.

3 years ago

Can some mod either lock it or move it to the discussion since it is no longer a deal and people keep reviving it?

3 years ago

It shouldn't be moved- it's still a Deal, even if it has ended, and doesn't have any focus on any non-Deal-based discussion elements. Moving it would just lead to categorical confusion. That confusion would be further emphasized due to the title still retaining the Deal-forum-specific [Free] tag.

Ultimately, moving it would still lead immediate confusions (same as it does already by being bumped), but would also lead to later issues when/if users attempt to search out the thread again. Thereby, closing the thread would be the preferrable course of the two options you provided. That said, Deal threads often encourage tangential conversation, or informative follow-ups. As long as the bumps in question are not based in non-constructive necroing [eg, commenting 4 months or several years later with a tangential topic or a "Hello World!" comment], it's not really an issue.

In the end, the only clear issue here is the OP not having updated the thread's title with (Ended!) when they last edited the thread, as per normal forum procedure, though the date being in the thread title should at least help mitigate any confusion encouraged by that oversight.

3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by Caliko.