I've noticed a rising amount of negative posts and threads lately on SG. From sad and gloomy topics to rants and angry posts, it just makes me feel slightly depressed.

To counter the negativity, I created this 100% positive thread! The one rule of this thread - think and post positively!
Tell me what good thing has been happening in your life, post cheerful gifs, anything really. Let's cheer up those who feel sad, and maintain the mood of those who don't. ^^

Here's a small giveaway to celebrate positiveness: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/HuABS/labyrinthine-dreams [ENDED]

Please note that I did not create this thread to devalue or disapprove of anyone who's posts are negative. Everyone has their share of sadness, anger or depression in life. Matter of fact, this thread is especially created in order to cheer up anyone who may be having negative emotions. :D

If you've contributed a giveaway and it hasn't been added to the list of active giveaways within a day, let me know.
Also, removal of ended giveaways when multiple giveaways are added by the same user is done by checking the first giveaway's status only - Make a note if your giveaways aren't all ending at the same time!

Giveaways formatting (copy and paste, replace with your info):

`[Labyrinthine Dreams](http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/HuABS/labyrinthine-dreams) | jbondguy007 | Level 0`

Open giveaways

Giveaway From Level
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ Remastered Oppenh4imer Level 0, minor bot protection, ends May 31st
Coromon vaart Level 3, runs until May 10 : first letter is a number
Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga JMM72 Level 3, minor bot protection, first letter of my username, runs until June 1st

Closed giveaways

Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4

Giveaways linked total: 2,199
Stats

Jump to Last Page
8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

1 month ago

View attached image.
1 month ago

1 month ago

View attached image.
1 month ago

View attached image.
1 month ago

I've worked with disabled people. Both mentally or physically disabled. And it's easy, after some days working at their side, to see that there are mainly two types of disabled people. Sadly, the majority had an attitude like "ok, I'm like this, can't do much about it, that's it" and there they are sitting and never trying to improve or overcome their problem(s).

I can say that during 2022 and 2023 I worked hard to not be on that side. I think my bosses appreciated that, specially in the environment I worked on. Someone who tried to improve his situation to be better, to feel better, even if I would keep having the same results in work. Sadly that had a very bad turn at the end of the year with several things making a 180º in my life and actually leaving me on that sad side.

The other side? The people who put so much effort to overcome whatever life throws at them. Come on, you've seen tons of those moments that show how strong and inspiring can disabled people be. And I'm not talking about paralympics and such. I'm talking about normal people who, metaphorically, stand up and fight for what they want, be it something everyone will see on TV, or something personal for own satisfaction and pride on overcoming from simple to seemingly impossible limitations.

I've been watching a lot of sports stuff lately, those compilations of "best moments" where athletes do impossible stuff, incredible feats and all. And then turned to the even more inspiring land of "yeah, I have only one leg, yet I can still high-jump higher than you".

But I also like pool and snooker, and somehow I found a vid that mixed both. Efren "Bata" Reyes is considered the best pool player in history with amazing incredible shots, showing unbelievable creativity for apparently impossible shots. Shots that not only I wouldn't be able to replicate in a zillion years, but shots I wouldn't have thought of those solutions anyway. The Magician did true magic on the table.

And then I find MrCueBall, an one-armed man who plays pool. With one hand. And he plays amazingly. That's not like "oh I only have one arm, so I'll not play pool ever, I'll try ping-pong". The guy liked pool and keeps playing it. So you won't see him on TV while Whitney Houston's "One Moment In Time" sounds in the background. But this guy's skill and patience are something to be amazed of.

I like this video where he attemps to recreate himself the best and most dificult shots by Efren Reyes. He shows, as I said, both skill and lots of patience, trying some shots more than a hundred(s) times. Give him a like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N4qAdLLBIw

Or, as some people would write:
Hey, look at this one-armed man playing pool! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N4qAdLLBIw

1 month ago

That was very moving. Both your post and the video.

i have the utmost respect for people like you that work in the caring or hospital line of work. You see sometimes the worst face of humanity, yet you help us each day.

I can't say who between MrCueBall and you are the most impressive. You both are.

1 month ago

There seems to be a misunderstanding. When I say "I've worked with disabled people" I mean with them as co-workers, not that they were my patients or I gave them caring or anything.

For many months I worked with an one-armed man at one side of me. The dude worked twice as fast as me, rarely commiting any error. Then they moved me and I had an autist (probably Asperger) behind me. He put a lot of effort on the job but worked too fast and commited many errors, no matter how many times you or bosses told him to slow down and make less errors.

The one-armed man grows bonsais, drives his adapted car perfectly, and rarely needs/asks for any help. He's not perfect or anything, nothing special, just a normal, simple guy with a simple life. Yet it's admirable how he adapted to his limits in such a great way.

1 month ago

Whooops, sorry about that, i misunderstood indeed!

But the story's still impressive.

1 month ago

Ohh, I really like Efren Reyes, man is a pool legend. Really cool to see the shots recreation by MrCueBall!

I recently watched a compilation video of Hell’s Kitchen contestant (and winner) Dave Levey, who competed with an injured hand. I know for the most part, these reality shows are heavily staged/questionable (heck, even the job offered to him was different that what was promised at the end of the show), but I do believe a lot of the cooking portions of the shows are real and it is kind of inspiring to see how he kept going despite the disadvantageous circumstances he found himself in compared to the rest of the contestants.

I think that for a lot of people, being disadvantaged by a disability or injury can be a source of stimulation to push oneself to greater heights - humans are really amazing in that regard. But as you pointed out, not everyone follows that path of optimism and determination, and I've utmost respect for those who do.

1 month ago

Happy Easter !!

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
1 month ago

bump

1 month ago

View attached image.
1 month ago

View attached image.
1 month ago

[Hiveswap Friendsim](https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/UfGIB/hiveswap-friendsim) | swordoffury| Level 3, runs until 12nd April, minor bot protection :last letter is a number

1 month ago

Nice bot protection. Thanks for contributing here!

1 month ago

I should be the one thanking you for all your advice :)

1 month ago

Sorry for the delay - thank you kindly for your contribution to the thread! :D

1 month ago

Bump!

1 month ago

Small size, great game. The one who shaped an entire subgenre. Enjoy!
[Vampire Survivors](https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/Vocd?/vampire-survivors) | JMMM72 | Level 3, runs until May 1st; minor bot protection: last letter is the same as second letter

@JBondGuy007: Prey and The Wild Eight have finished. Time to update!

1 month ago

I love vampire survivors!! I already own it and it's a lot of fun, very chill for when you want to turn your brain off. Good luck everyone! Bump :)

1 month ago

I love Vampire Survivors too! It is so easy to relax to and just, let time pass by.

1 month ago

Yes, agreed! I also have it on the switch and it's great to play when travelling, the time flies by :)

1 month ago

Thanks for the contribution! :D

I'll update the thread now. ^^

1 month ago

Quick question, are all the giveaways on "Open giveaways" also comments in here? I've noticed they are the same but i don't know if sometimes you (@jbondguy007) add your own giveaway without comment or some people contribute directly to the open giveaways instead of commenting about it :)

1 month ago

If anyone posts here an invite GA, then jbondguy kindly also posts it on the list, when he is around.

1 month ago

Yes, I update the main thread with the giveaways being linked in the comments!

1 month ago

Well, the original post, where the "Open giveaways" table is, can only be edited by the original poster and creator of the thread, JBondguy007. I know sometimes it takes him a little to update whenever anyone contributes with a giveaway in a comment.

But, the important thing is that he deserves BIG credit in keeping this thread positive and updated. For EIGHT years! For me that's impressive and I'm grateful I can contribute to this thread, but the credit is for Jbondguy taking care of it after so long.

Dang it, I'm going to give him a couple of awards now. Let's see if it's contagious.

1 month ago

Aw, you give me too much credit! The thread would be dead without contributors, after all. But thank you!

3 weeks ago

Cool, thanks guys, this is such a cool thread, i've been loving it these past few days and was just wondering how it works exactly.

1 month ago

View attached image.
4 weeks ago

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
4 weeks ago*

[Black Skyla?ds](https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/z?vg9/) | tbchan | Level 1 runs until 18nd April

3 weeks ago

Thank you kindly for the contribution! :D

3 weeks ago

Cooool

3 weeks ago

View attached image.
3 weeks ago

[Victoria 3](https://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/0c9790bd-4b79-4ef0-918f-65ed485f96c7) | swordoffury| Level 3, SGTools real CV ratio > 1, runs until 19th of April

View attached image.
3 weeks ago*

Thank you for the giveaway! :D

3 weeks ago

Thank you! :)

2 weeks ago

View attached image.
3 weeks ago

[RiME](https://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/9b49a781-f5d4-43af-92ac-5dae7b186cfe) | Hosoo | Level 2, SGT 0.5 ratio, runs until 30th of April

2 weeks ago*

Thank you, Hosoo!

View attached image.
2 weeks ago

bump

2 weeks ago

Thank you! :D

2 weeks ago

bumps~

2 weeks ago

View attached image.
2 weeks ago

Thank you. I really needed that right now.

2 weeks ago

I have two silly cats
one who vocalizes all the time, he narrates his life but is a bit of a scaredy foo'
and the other is the bravest little mischief maker but she can't meow, best she can do is an annoyed "humph"

2 weeks ago

Show us the silly cats! :D

2 weeks ago

I'll do so when I have time between work shifts

1 week ago

Vids or it didn't happen.

2 weeks ago

I'd have to upload those somewhere.. D:

1 week ago

I recommend imgur.com. Easy, free, can create albums, and private pics/albums only accessable if you have the url.

6 days ago

Positive Bump!

2 weeks ago

Bump!

2 weeks ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.