This thread will no longer be updated.

This used to be a thread called "Limited time, 100% Free-to-keep PC games right now", where I, together with many helpful members of the community, documented which PC games were free to claim at any given moment. I started it when the COVID-19 pandemic started in the whole world and developers/publishers were doing promotions faster than one could keep track of everything. Since the situation is calmer now, keeping track of things to that level isn't needed.

The thread is now a free games news thread which relies on comments to function - if you find an interesting offer for a free game, feel free to comment and let others know! Here I have also put links to useful places where you can find out about and/or collect free games as they appear.

Comment Formatting Guide

When commenting, please put the full name of the game/promotion, which platform it is on, and a link to the promotion/the relevant SG thread.
For example "Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge free on Steam [link to Steam page]"

Useful Links

Steam

SteamDB page for free Steam promotions - follow this page to know every upcoming or ongoing free-to-keep or free weekend Steam game.

SG thread for free Steam soundtracks - a thread that collects free soundtracks you can claim on Steam.

SG thread for paid-now-free Steam games of 2020 - thread that collects Steam games that are now free to get (as FreeOnDemand)
Paid-now-free Steam games of 2019

Epic Games

Free games page on Epic Games Store - Epic Games Store's own page for their free game promotions.

SG thread for free Epic Games promotions - follow this thread to find out about and discuss new free games on Epic.

A Total War Saga: TROY Epic Games promo - the game will be free-to-keep on Epic Games on August 13th.

GOG

GOG Free Games Collection - a collection of free games to claim on GOG.
Higurashi 1 free game promotion - another game GOG is offering for free during the COVID-19 pandemic.

IndieGala

galaFreebies - IndieGala's own page for freebies from their website

IndieGala showcase - IndieGala's own page where they collect games you can claim for free on their website.

SG thread for free IndieGala games - follow this thread to find out about new, free games on IndieGala.

itch.io

Self-isolation on a budget - an itch.io collection that collected games one could claim for free during the COVID-19 pandemic. No longer updated, but contains a few games that are still free.

SG thread for free itch.io games - thread collecting games to claim for free on itch.io for a limited time.

Microsoft

Top free games on Microsoft Store - not a page but a search filter, this will show some free games able to be claimed on the Microsoft Store. (May not be all of them)

Uplay

Ubisoft Free Events page - Ubisoft's page for their own free game promotions.

Other links

Big Fish free games page - a collection of free games Big Fish are offering during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Crusader Kings II free DLC promotion - sign up to the newsletter to receive a Steam key for The Old Gods DLC, or refer people to get the Pagan Fury music pack.
Endless Space Collection free promotion - link your Games2Gether account to your Steam account to receive Endless Space Collection on Steam for free.

Currently free games on Steam (no new games will be added, these will be removed as they end)

Game Start End ASF command Info
Wide Cross ? ? !addlicense ASF 345425 Works using SteamDB
The Scream ? ? !addlicense ASF 369917 Works using SteamDB
Tennis World Tour - Denis Shapovalov 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454711 -
Tennis World Tour - Alex De Minaur 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454715 -
Tennis World Tour - Caroline Garcia 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454706 -
4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Kingdom: Classic free here if you scroll down and sign up for their email newsletter https://rawfury.com/

4 years ago

4 years ago

i never received a key

4 years ago

Me neither

4 years ago

Lost Daughter is free until April 20th
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1008690/Lost_Daughter/

4 years ago

Happy cake day! =)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago*

4 years ago

Im fairly sure Gamecraft went free-2-play in the store instead of a limited time free purchase. They either messed up their PR and its F2P now, or messed up their store settings.

4 years ago

I'm seeing the 0 cost "add to account" thing though, so is it not free-to-keep right now?

The reason why I never removed it before is because they intended to make the promotion free-to-keep and I wanted to see what happened when it went free.

4 years ago

Well it did eventually show up inthe library this afternoon after what 18 hours?

Until then it behaved like a F2P game with only getting listed after a store page install.

4 years ago

Looks OK?

They did have a promotion before they changed name and that license was free on demand. I removed mine and added the +1 instead. :)

4 years ago

Borderlands Goty Will be free as i read the news on the site check it out

4 years ago

It's free weekend (6 days), not free-to-keep source

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

ah . thanks

4 years ago

overcooked 2 dlcs give error when trying to add them.

4 years ago

do you own the base game?

4 years ago

nope, I thought you could add it even if you don't have the base game

4 years ago

Thanks for updating this thread!

4 years ago

Promo link: grabfreegame.com
Name: Hunter's Arena: Legends (Alpa) for Beta Testing
Sub: sub/387735

2889 2797 (after 45m) keys left in time when I writing this

4 years ago*

"Alpa for Beta Testing"? Not something to add to the chart then?

Also the name of that site might be the most suspicious name of a site I've seen (though I'm sure you wouldn't mention it if it wasn't legit)

4 years ago

Nope, It's not for your chart, just to mention (i got 11 blacklists by posting free games as separate threads, so I'm not gonna even bother) it here (since it require additional steps (login with steam open id, add another game to wishlist)), and yes, name of the site seems little sketchy, but I grabed from that site some keys and they worked just fine

4 years ago

It's a legit site that i don't use but not allowed at sg because you need to do tasks there...

4 years ago

Where is the line drawn for tasks? You'd need to do things to get diamonds on Lootboy too, right? Asking because I didn't know about this.

4 years ago

My best guess is point 16 from Guidelines

16 . Third party giveaways that require or reward users for performing profitable actions. For example, linking to a giveaway on another service that requires or incentivizes users to click a referral link, like a Facebook page, follow a Twitter account, join a Steam group, complete a survey, sign-up for a newsletter, or make a donation.

Note: There is no profit for me from this 3rd party GA

4 years ago

Yes, thats the rule.

you missunderstood me, i don't say that you have a profit from it.
I only brought the rule up that you don't come into trouble with the staff.

And besides that are the most of the sites with tasks complete crap, some "ok" and only very very very few of them are "good".

4 years ago

buzmen listed it

And yes, as example lootboy is for me unclear too because you open at the tasks for the gems other ref links (world of warships as example) but i think it is ok because you aren't forced to follow, whitelist and such stuff. You are able to open it and close it without to do something.

4 years ago

11 blacklists just for that? Wow I don't even have so many in total :/

I don't mind the free game-threads because I think they can be a bit more visible than this thread and they're also a good place for discussion about the specific free games. I know people are really salty about it though and just want this one to be here. :s

4 years ago

Well Grabfreegame is a bit like Gleam.io and other giveaway sites with Steam OpenID login and tasks needed to be preformed, but its a bit overboard.

The actual giveaway pages feature random and possibly shady advertisements, coupled with their use of third party websites for the task tracking that simply doesnt function if you dont turn off all ad and script blockers. Their tasks also include downloading random apps on your mobile, and registering and doing stuff on random flash game sites. And again all the while their tracking middleware breaks with any kind of script blocking, so you need to go on these sites naked.

...Just to get Asset Flip Simulator like garbage, or at the very best some very old Topware Interactive game keys like Gorky 17 and Knights and Merchants.

4 years ago

+1

4 years ago

Yes, since that moment I don't care about posting infos about new free games on this site ;)

Edit, since I posted this external GA here I earned 2 new blacklists, yay me!

4 years ago*

Jeez it's really that easy then huh. I'm just going to accept that I'm the least controversial person on the site.

I have you on my whitelist for helping me so much at least!

4 years ago

WL from me, you're doing a lot for the community (e.g. Itch.io thread) which perhaps not everyone notices.

4 years ago

You aren't long enough at the site and don't said something against the opinion of the "masses".

I am at 189 BL but 440 WL :o)

4 years ago

and don't said something against the opinion of the "masses"

It doesn't even take anything like that. Some will blacklist if something you wrote could in some way be seen as not being 100% for the one pet peeve of that particular person. Or because you gave away the wrong kind of games or have too many games or have an annoying user name. Well, you get the picture.

4 years ago

Oh i know that but the most impact are to have a own opinion ;o)

4 years ago

People will blacklist for any reason imaginable. I stopped using the blacklist long ago. Anyway, since my whitelist is mostly ratio-based and your ratio is pretty damn good - welcome! ^^

4 years ago

Hey thank you, it has been returned! That put me at a total of 100 whitelists :o

4 years ago

Anyway to add the 2 dlcs for Overcooked without owning Overcooked 2?

4 years ago

No.

4 years ago

Thanks Champ:)

4 years ago

Free, but will be changing to paid on April 30th

Paid version will include all 100 levels. But doesn't disclose the final price. The DLC is currently 45% off.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1227750/Puzzle__LINES_AND_KNOTS/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1231340/LINES_AND_KNOTS_80_levels/

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1227750/announcements/detail/3278000488974539576

4 years ago*

4 years ago

Ooof, at first, I thought you were suggesting the dev did this before. Oops. But yeah, same concept. LOOP is much better I would suggest.

4 years ago

Yeah, it was a jab at the dev. 🙃

4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like a fun game.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

4 years ago

Thanks, crackdown was great.

4 years ago

Microsoft requires credit-card information - for a free game. So no.

4 years ago

Prepaid debit card works, too.

4 years ago

Very nice. Thanks.

4 years ago

Geneshift: Battle Royale Turbo

• Start Time: 11 May 2020 – 17:00:00 UTC
  • Expiry Time: 13 May 2020 – 17:00:00 UTC
  • !addlicense ASF 453175

Source

4 years ago

dang, may 13? they really planned that super far away. thats weird that they would do that, cuz now people who know it def wouldnt buy their game if they know its going to be free soon. makes me think they wont have sales for the next month now. kinda screws them over

4 years ago

May 11th, but it's not that they announce it - it's just scheduled on the backend.

4 years ago

Tru

4 years ago

Manual Samuel deal ended.

4 years ago

Borderlands enhanced edition is apparently 100% free to keep right now.

4 years ago

Nope, only free weekend.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Cities: Skylines Parklife DLC free until April 26th with instructions here, must own the base game to claim it: https://steamcommunity.com/games/255710/announcements/detail/3431122876670907810

4 years ago

Monopoly Plus (Uplay) soonish...

4 years ago

This thread is for limited time, free to keep. That game is just free weekend.

4 years ago

Sorry, I thought it was free to keep.

4 years ago

For The King now live!

4 years ago

Tennis World Tour - DLC 13 - De Minaur
https://steamdb.info/sub/454715/
Now free to keep!

4 years ago

In order to claim these (DLC 11, 13, & 14), you must first own the Base Game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/692030/Tennis_World_Tour

4 years ago

Tennis World Tour - DLC 14 - Shapovalov
https://steamdb.info/sub/454711/
Now free to keep!

4 years ago

Tennis World Tour - DLC 11 - Garcia
https://steamdb.info/sub/454706/
Now free to keep!

4 years ago

I, uh... they expire in December. Now I'm a bit conflicted. They technically fit but seriously... Does everyone want me to add them anyway?

4 years ago

Why not

4 years ago

it's 27 april on steam page

4 years ago

Happy cake day JD01 :)

4 years ago

For the King is now free on Epic Games, and Just Cause 4/Wheels of Aurelia have ended.

4 years ago

Unless time travel exists, it's gonna be hard for For The King to end before it begins. Correcting the promotion's ending date to April 30th might help though. :)

4 years ago

The dangers of messing up some numbers, now I've accidentally invented time travel.

4 years ago

I'm sure you can fix it by yesterday

4 years ago

4 years ago

PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2

• Start: April 24, 2020 17:00 UTC
  • End: May 10, 2020 17:00 UTC
  • !addlicense ASF 93451 (package still not confirmed)

Source

4 years ago

Happy cakes!

4 years ago

!addlicense ASF 455317

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.