This thread will no longer be updated.

This used to be a thread called "Limited time, 100% Free-to-keep PC games right now", where I, together with many helpful members of the community, documented which PC games were free to claim at any given moment. I started it when the COVID-19 pandemic started in the whole world and developers/publishers were doing promotions faster than one could keep track of everything. Since the situation is calmer now, keeping track of things to that level isn't needed.

The thread is now a free games news thread which relies on comments to function - if you find an interesting offer for a free game, feel free to comment and let others know! Here I have also put links to useful places where you can find out about and/or collect free games as they appear.

Comment Formatting Guide

When commenting, please put the full name of the game/promotion, which platform it is on, and a link to the promotion/the relevant SG thread.
For example "Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge free on Steam [link to Steam page]"

Useful Links

Steam

SteamDB page for free Steam promotions - follow this page to know every upcoming or ongoing free-to-keep or free weekend Steam game.

SG thread for free Steam soundtracks - a thread that collects free soundtracks you can claim on Steam.

SG thread for paid-now-free Steam games of 2020 - thread that collects Steam games that are now free to get (as FreeOnDemand)
Paid-now-free Steam games of 2019

Epic Games

Free games page on Epic Games Store - Epic Games Store's own page for their free game promotions.

SG thread for free Epic Games promotions - follow this thread to find out about and discuss new free games on Epic.

A Total War Saga: TROY Epic Games promo - the game will be free-to-keep on Epic Games on August 13th.

GOG

GOG Free Games Collection - a collection of free games to claim on GOG.
Higurashi 1 free game promotion - another game GOG is offering for free during the COVID-19 pandemic.

IndieGala

galaFreebies - IndieGala's own page for freebies from their website

IndieGala showcase - IndieGala's own page where they collect games you can claim for free on their website.

SG thread for free IndieGala games - follow this thread to find out about new, free games on IndieGala.

itch.io

Self-isolation on a budget - an itch.io collection that collected games one could claim for free during the COVID-19 pandemic. No longer updated, but contains a few games that are still free.

SG thread for free itch.io games - thread collecting games to claim for free on itch.io for a limited time.

Microsoft

Top free games on Microsoft Store - not a page but a search filter, this will show some free games able to be claimed on the Microsoft Store. (May not be all of them)

Uplay

Ubisoft Free Events page - Ubisoft's page for their own free game promotions.

Other links

Big Fish free games page - a collection of free games Big Fish are offering during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Crusader Kings II free DLC promotion - sign up to the newsletter to receive a Steam key for The Old Gods DLC, or refer people to get the Pagan Fury music pack.
Endless Space Collection free promotion - link your Games2Gether account to your Steam account to receive Endless Space Collection on Steam for free.

Currently free games on Steam (no new games will be added, these will be removed as they end)

Game Start End ASF command Info
Wide Cross ? ? !addlicense ASF 345425 Works using SteamDB
The Scream ? ? !addlicense ASF 369917 Works using SteamDB
Tennis World Tour - Denis Shapovalov 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454711 -
Tennis World Tour - Alex De Minaur 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454715 -
Tennis World Tour - Caroline Garcia 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454706 -
4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I love how the YMD date format seems like random numbers.

4 years ago

Whats random about a normal date?

4 years ago

Yeah, it's the format I usually go for now, especially when it's something in a list of dates or may need to be sorted. It has the nice advantage of sorting a list by alphabetical order causing it to be sorted by date.

4 years ago

Agreed.

I pretty much always write YYYY-MM-DD in a list. If i would do DD-MM-YYYY I would probably do the usual 11 April 2020 instead of just numbers or just DD/MM without the year. (Possibly DD/MM-YY with year) I know spookypannkaka is swedish (like me) but I guess she choose to do MM/DD in the info table because its the Steamgifts standard, in order not to confuse people.

4 years ago

I can't just do MM-DD in one part of the chart and DD/MM in the other, that would definitely confuse people! :p

4 years ago

For me it's usually Day of the Month of the Year.
Americans decided to confuse the world by doing the month first
Month of the Day of the Year.
which makes zero sense..

I think they just wanted to be different after the Brits pulled out many years a go :)

Any replies ,you can reach me at Hashtag: Stupid comments.

4 years ago

I think something exclusive to few countries can't be classified as "normal", specially when less than 1/3 of the world use that format.
If any date format should be classified as "normal" is DMY, because more than 2/3 of the world use that format.

4 years ago

I know its the most common, but when you mentioned random numbers its sounded like it was hard to figure out. But I guess its maybe something you have to get used to. For me its not difficult to switch between them, even if I prefer YMD in a list if Im gonna use just numbers as I mentioned above.

What do confuses me is to figure out if its the US standard or not and the day is lower than 13 when I see a random date. But even then its fairly simple if its not a US country. Dont think many countries outside of US use that. :)

4 years ago

you mentioned random numbers its sounded like it was hard to figure out

Kinda... I replied that to spookypannkaka: I always have to think and process the info instead just check the date. xD
I get even more challenged when the date is shortened. I try to keep the "largest time unit to smallest time unit" logic to my mind, but I always have to think instead just check. Never worked for me...

4 years ago

I'm using ISO 8601 which is meant to work internationally without confusion.

The purpose of this standard is to provide an unambiguous and well-defined method of representing dates and times, so as to avoid misinterpretation of numeric representations of dates and times, particularly when data is transferred between countries with different conventions for writing numeric dates and times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

4 years ago

to avoid misinterpretation of numeric representations of dates and times

That's why it is so funny. I always have to think and process the info instead just check the date.
Despite the fact YMD is the most logical order to use (largest time unit to smallest time unit), it is much less adopted than DMY.

4 years ago

I know it can be confusing if you don't use it, but no matter what standard I'm using it's probably going to confuse someone. So I decided to use the international standard (also why I'm using UTC).

It's also the format used on my computer, so I can just glance to the bottom right of the screen when I need to put something in.

4 years ago

if there wouldn't be that US MM/DD/YYYY format, then there couldn't be any confusion, as either DMY or YMD is logical order, just like you said earlier :D (assuming year is 4-digit XD )

4 years ago

This is really a big "problem"... Thanks #spookypannkaka for doing this.

4 years ago

are you needy or something?

4 years ago

Could be, but what suppose to mean your question exactly? We know that your “interesting” person, but thats quite a lot.. do you think? Also if your looking here too, mean your a needy as me :)

4 years ago*

Buddy, you thanked op using a random comment in the thread, saying whatever you tried to say there. Dear random person with random needs to randomly coment about random whatever, just... don't. Use the thread, maybe his/her comment. Op will get notified instead of me.

4 years ago

i'm needy and i just wanted to say hi to you

4 years ago

I read "Gravity Wars" and got nostalgic and excited for a second... then I realized the EGM podcast crossed my wires up more than a decade ago and that "Gravity" is, in fact, not the same as "Geometry." Although being reminded of the EGM podcast provided its own dose of nostalgia.

Anyway, many thanks for keeping tabs on these!

4 years ago

https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassins-creed-2/free-offer-uplay
Assassins Creed II
Free starting April 14 through Uplay

4 years ago

Love how your username is a character in the game aswell (If I'm not mistaken, was a couple of years I played it)

4 years ago

Yes! La Volpe was some kind of master thief, also Assassin's Creed made me fall in love with history, so I chose La Volpe as my name:)

4 years ago

its prince of persia ... and i feel proud everytime i see him ubisoft should make pOp once again

i suppose every real gamer played the Pop such a dissapointment they left the game that was actually fun kinda like Gow

4 years ago

Doesn't specifically say whether this is the Deluxe Edition.

I'm currently trying to find the link for the rewards in the game, since the author mentioned that 40 UPlay points can be redeemed (I have none, but there are some games I can finish to get it) for the extra content. AFAIK, just playing the games usually grant you all the UPlay points in exchange for the value of the rewards equally, that I might not have to do anything but play. The only issue is that some of the multiplayer granted points would be short-lived since I hardly ever see anyone on, thus, I don't get the points, so I don't know what Ubi has been thinking of here. I'd bug them about that being an issue, but I don't feel like it. Plenty of their focus has been on the newer ones, so I guess they don't realize how much have been suppressed by the next big thing they come up with, and they are churning up a few.

4 years ago

Its standard btw, says so on the picture in mydealz site in the tweet.

4 years ago

A picture isn't everything. Details matter.

4 years ago

Yeah, you are correct. A promotional picture made by ubisoft doesnt matter because its a picture with text and not plain text.

It all might just be fake news.

4 years ago

I don't need your sarcasm.

The article glossed and extrapolated from one image without an official announcement from Ubi. So that leaves a lot of details to be missed out, because there's a specific sale and in a language which appears specifically targeted to that region for something that was supposedly leaked. Otherwise, the details could also change over time, so that can be outdated information as well. Ubisoft hasn't said anything about what's particularly on their timetable, so everything the article had to go on was a big guess without specifics. That's why I turned my attention to that.

EDIT: Someone also already tweeted out the same question which Daniel did not answer, so that is still the question left in the air. Not to mention, the giveaway according to the timestamp is gonna start sometime soon, and there still hadn't been an announcement aside from the ripples out of that one article.

4 years ago*

I gave a sarcastic answer because of how you replied to me. So dont start something if you cant handle it. If we are going to nitpick on what we think is true we will like I said in my sarcastic answer not even know if there is a deal or not.

And by the same logiq we wont know for sure until you actually redeem the game. Because detailed information can be wrong like we saw with square enix.

Edit: Oh, standard edition. Who would have thought?

4 years ago*

Your replies have been crude from the first time you replied to me by going "because picture, duh!", while being oblivious to the questionable nature of the source, which is why I noted it demanded some real details. Your continuance to do so is further perpetuating annoyance for a lack of a mature response, projecting the type of cocky attitude I don't ever appreciate.

You're a jerk. Cease from communicating to me ever again.

4 years ago

Holy shit, you are a special kind of person. The twitter picture was in chinese. Im fairly certain the mydealz picture wasnt in english from the beginning so when you said it "Doesn't specifically say whether this is the Deluxe Edition." its pretty clear you didnt look at the mydealz site. Therefore I said its standard according to the picture on mydealz site. (pretty crude, much wow, not mature)

Your behaviour is kind of hilarious that you dont even realize how you act and that is why I just respond like you do. Your welcome.

Cease with your silly nonsense at once you YeRk!

4 years ago*

No, it's pretty clear I looked at the mydealz article, because it never mentioned if it was Deluxe or not, hence my question in the first place!

You are crude, and that is exactly how you're acting. Just shut up.

Also, *you're.

4 years ago

Now I see what the problem was. You wrote: "Doesn't specifically say whether this is the Deluxe Edition." It said Standard edition in the picture instead of "this is not deluxe edition".

Now when you have explained your perfectly clear reasoning about the situation everything is suddenly crystal clear.

Sorry for being crude, I have been behaving very bad and will shut up now.

Sincerely
You`re friendly bad boy madsession

4 years ago

I shouldn't have to repeat myself for a third time just for you to keep replying to gratify your ego when even my question wasn't for you. I've already told you to stop.

Again, no, the picture never said a lick of whether it was for standard edition or deluxe. The box art is just box art as a placeholder, that even digital stores misuse them. Your confidence that it was a fact can be entirely dubious, especially with the source being questionable. You decided to be snarky with me after I made it clear the picture really wasn't everything. Enough of your folly!

And, *your.

4 years ago

Oh, are you sure it was your in my last sentence. I wasnt aware because engrish is not my first language.

You got me there. I can imagine you are going to take of your gloves soon and challenge me to a proper duel.

4 years ago

I've already asked you to stop and you continue to troll.

4 years ago

Suprises me you think Im trolling.

I have been serious since I was born

View attached image.
4 years ago

Why not 1st part, I already own this one <sad.psd> /s

View attached image.
4 years ago*

What? No Origins or Odyssey?

4 years ago

I wouldn't expect them to give away the newest one ... but since they gave BF and Unity, it would be nice to get at least Rogue. Origins would be nice too. :)

4 years ago

Well, Origins was on a HB monthly last year so....

4 years ago

I already own the 1st, they gave it away maybe around Christmas? You're just late to that party :P
edit: I was wrong, I have it from the Humble-AC-bundle's tier 1.

4 years ago*

This doesn't have a Uplay link yet I guess? I can't find it.

4 years ago

According to PC Gamer the game will be free on mydealz.de probably. If not then it will pop up here or Uplay client.
Edit: My english isn't very good so i'm probably wrong about that site.

4 years ago*

The article is about Daniel Ahmad tweet, he linked to that site (mydealz.de). On mydealz.de they have a link to ubisofts assassins creed 2 german store page. It says in the beginning of their article that it will be free on ubisoft.

4 years ago

pretty sure it's standard edition, I think I already had a version with at least one DLC so now I have two versions in my ubi launcher

4 years ago

Transpose OST isnt adding in addlicense asf nor page showing any idea why?

4 years ago*

https://steamdb.info/app/962040/subs/
!addlicense ASF 314687

The above worked for me yesterday.

4 years ago

bump

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

A DLC for a free to play jigsaw game free for the month of April
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1261310/Super_Jigsaw_Puzzle_Generations__First_Anniversary/

4 years ago

ASF command: !addlicense ASF 345283, 438182

4 years ago

https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassins-creed-2/free-offer-uplay

We will have to confirm this

EDIT: not yet, April 14th

4 years ago

OK, but it is not written in the main table...

4 years ago

wait what?

View attached image.
4 years ago

My fault, I was looking to Uplay's part but I assune that is a "currently active" minitable, thank you.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Battle for the Galaxy: Ice Bastion DLC Steam Key Giveaway

https://www.freetogame.com/giveaway/battle-for-the-galaxy-ice-bastion-steam-keys

4 years ago

Pump.

4 years ago

The Search is now free.

4 years ago

You may want to add these:
Red Gate
Drop
Polyball

4 years ago

copy paste for OP:

[Red Gate](https://store.steampowered.com/app/1076600/) | 18-04-2020 08:00:00 UTC | 27-04-2020 06:00:00 UTC | !addlicense ASF 450762 | Steam | New 4/13
[Drop](https://store.steampowered.com/app/1076530/)     | 18-04-2020 08:00:00 UTC | 27-04-2020 06:00:00 UTC | !addlicense ASF 450761 | Steam | New 4/13
[Polyball](https://store.steampowered.com/app/368180/)  | 17-04-2020 17:00:00 UTC | 01-05-2020 17:00:00 UTC | !addlicense ASF 450753 | Steam | New 4/13
4 years ago

Good job mate!

4 years ago

Not free atm.

4 years ago

They have been added to the top chart and you can check when they are free.

4 years ago

The other 3 free Steam games ended.

4 years ago

What time is Assassins Creed going free still cant see it at UBi store.

4 years ago

Well, it is possibly fake, since it shall be free at 11:00 UTC, mydealz users report that this deal is not up even in JP Ubi store.

4 years ago

edit: it's live now!

and will be valid till 2020-04-17 13:00 UTC

4 years ago

Thanks, I got it through uplay

4 years ago

Just added it to my library.

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

This is most likely Forever NoCost game, since they don't even said when deal is ending

4 years ago

Didn't know about that. I just checked the store page. Thanks anyway.

4 years ago

yeah always free, added a while back because looks cool xD

4 years ago

Finally Steam is chilling with the promotions, but we're entering hell again on Thursday :p

AC2 is still the best game in the AC franchise. I think the later games kind of lost what made the Ezio games so good.

4 years ago

AC2 is still the best game in the AC franchise.

No way, the first Ass Creed was the best :P Seriously though, it's such an underrated game. Ass Creed 2 was fine, but too much action and too little emphasis on the titular creed. Plus, Altaïr was way more cool than Ezio.

4 years ago

The gameplay is where AC1 falls. You do the same thing over and over. AC2 imrpoved the whole thing on so many levels. :p Never actually heard an opinion that the first one is the best.

4 years ago

Yeah, people seem to hate the first game. They say this a lot: "you do the same thing over and over again", but I don't think that's a very good argument. You pretty much do the "same thing over and over" in all games, Ass Creed 2 including ;)
I never felt that btw. Never felt like the game was "too repetitive" when I played it.

4 years ago

It's been 7-8 years since I played the first ones but pretty much: The first game - you go to a place, kill someone, go to a new place, kill someone, repeat. The second game was a whole lot more varied with different kinds of missions (like the da Vinci stuff was fun) and a more detailed story that prevented the game from getting too stale.

But you've probably heard all that already. It's cool that you have a different opinion!

4 years ago

I only played two or three times but still managed to clip through one of the earliest levels under it into some water under buildings lol.

4 years ago

This won't be for PC unfortunately, but Playstation is giving these free starting tomorrow through May 5 https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/14/announcing-the-play-at-home-initiative/

4 years ago

Just heard about that myself, already beaten both, but great for those without.

4 years ago

I have Journey on PC but wish Uncharted series was on PC too.

4 years ago

I found out, you don't need to have a Playstation to claim them, you can create a PSN account on your PC browser and claim them. Though you would need to have a Playstation (4?) in order to play them.

4 years ago

yep ,i just did that in the UK. (3am ,Thursday ,16th)

I also have a US browser account but it hasn't gone live there just yet.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

These are always free

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Imagine buying all your PC games in Windows Store for 79.99 each...

4 years ago

Just Cause 4 and Wheels of Aurelia free now on Epic. Next game: For The King on April 23.

4 years ago

Plus their deals for Close to the Sun and Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments have ended.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Lost Daughter is now free on Steam.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.