Note: this schedule,and,continued event will,not be held... closed,after,Europe,1 until,further notice...

Reasons:
1) Not receiving any volunteers for the below schedule to handle puzzles.
2) Not receiving as much interest as expected in solving.
3) Large undertaking and we are experiencing burnout.
4) I'm quickly running out of keys and can't make trains accordingly to continue the event.

If you are interested in taking over as main host of the event (what I'm presently doing) then contact me.

Welcome to the second event planning thread for the Steamgifts Famous World Landmarks-- EUROPE Part 2!

Many may remember me saying how nice it would be if we as a group "toured" the world together in a large-scale event! Well we have 250 landmarks around the world to visit together and it will take a year and a half to finish our travels together. I've divided the 250 landmarks into the main continent areas and planned out a schedule as follows:

Event Locations No. of Landmarks Goal date to go live
Event 1 EUROPE Part 1 46 October 2017 1st week
Event 2 EUROPE Part 2 45 January 2018 1st week
Event 3 North America 36 April 2018 1st week
Event 4 South America & Mexico 30 June 2018 1st week
Event 5 ASIA Part 1 33 Aug 2018 1st week
Event 6 ASIA Part 2 33 Oct 2018 1st week
Event 7 AFRICA & OCEANIA & EURASIA 14 + 8 + 5 = 27 Dec 2018 1st week

Looking for volunteers to:

CREATE PUZZLES:

• Take from 1-3 of the landmarks on the list and be responsible to create a puzzle for each of your assigned landmarks.
  • Come up with a creative way for everyone to "visit", "experience", and learn about this landmark together.
  • At the least you can create an itstoohard puzzle with no more than 10 questions about the landmark.
  • Make it as puzzely or not as you wish... the goal is more for us to learn and experience and not make others be "stuck" in difficult puzzles.
  • NOTE: it may be nice if you pick a location you live or have visited before and share your experience.
  • You may choose to have a GA or GAs after your puzzle or have none. (Each puzzle solved will give passcodes for reward trains later)

DONATE TRAINS or individual GAs:

• Volunteer to donate a reward train to be accessible after various stages of the event
  • Volunteer to donate single GAs that can be put on a reward list of GAs

The success of the event depends on all of us joining in on the creation of it and also everyone solving the creation and experiencing the result together! THANKS ahead of time for your part! Note: HERE is an example of a previous puzzle event I helped put on that had creative volunteers that proved to be a big success!

So ready to pick one or 2 or 3 landmarks and get to creating?? Reply to this thread the landmark(s) that you are interested in taking.

No. & Assigned TO: Goal Week to go Live: Landmark Name Icon Link Country City/Town
47 - Jan 1st week Guillaume II statue (William II statue) ICON Luxembourg Luxembourg
48 ercalote Jan 1st week Michael Jackson Statue and tour of Eindhoven ICON Netherlands Eindhoven
49 Bombaklats Jan 1st week Erasmus Bridge ICON Netherlands Rotterdam
50 dingbat Jan 1st week Windmills ICON Netherlands So many of them Wiki
51 Gracee Jan 1st week Kosciuszko Mound ICON Poland Kraków
51B Lalwende Jan 1st week Wawel castle ICON Poland Kraków
52 - Jan 2nd week Monument to the Portuguese Soldiers Fallen in Africa ICON Portugal Lisbon
53 - Jan 2nd week Padrao dos Descobrimentos ICON Portugal Lisbon
54 - Jan 2nd week Tower of Belem ICON Portugal Lisbon
55 - Jan 2nd week Vasco da Gama Bridge ICON Portugal Lisbon
56 - Jan 2nd week Standing Stones (Callanish Stones) ICON Scotland west coast of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides
57 - Jan 3rd week Kosmaj ICON Serbia Belgrade
58 - Jan 3rd week Medieval City Walls of Avila ICON Spain Avila
59 Evilblacksheep Jan 3rd week La Pedrera House (aka Casa Mila) ICON Spain Barcelona
60 - Jan 3rd week Guggenheim Bilbao ICON Spain Bilbao
61 - Jan 4th week Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba ICON Spain Cordoba
62 - Jan 4th week Tower of Hercules ICON Spain Corunna
63 - Jan 4th week Calat Alhambra ICON Spain Granada
64 - Jan 4th week Alcala Gate ICON Spain Madrid
65 - Feb 1st week Buen Retiro Park ICON Spain Madrid
66 - Feb 1st week The Bear and the Strawberry Tree ICON Spain Madrid
67 - Feb 1st week Merida Roman Theatre ICON Spain Merida
68 - Feb 1st week La Concha Bay ICON Spain San Sebastián
69 - Feb 1st week Aqueduct of Segovia ICON Spain Segovia
70 - Feb 2nd week The Giralda ICON Spain Seville
71 - Feb 2nd week Lonja de Zaragoza ICON Spain Zaragoza (Saragossa)
73 - Feb 2nd week Titanic Belfast ICON UK Belfast
74 - Feb 2nd week Blackpool Tower ICON UK Blackpool
75 - Feb 3rd week Angel of the North ICON UK Gateshead
76 - Feb 3rd week Albert Memorial ICON UK London
77 Licena Feb 3rd week Big Ben ICON UK London
78 Noxco Feb 3rd week British Museum ICON UK London
79 - Feb 4th week London Bridge ICON UK London- Bridge pictured is actually Tower Bridge
80 - Feb 4th week London Eye ICON UK London
81 Mikalye Feb 4th week St Paul's Cathedral ICON UK London
82 - Feb 4th week Tate Modern ICON UK London
83 Mikalye March 1st week The Gherkin ICON UK London
84 - March 1st week Tower of London ICON UK London
85 - March 1st week Westminster Abbey ICON UK London
86 - March 1st week Smeaton's Tower ICON UK Plymouth
87 - March 1st week the Firth of Forth and Scone Palace No icon Uk ?
88 - March 2nd week Constantine Statue ICON UK York Minster
89 - March 2nd week Portmeinion and Atlas ICON UK Portmeirion
90 Nordhbane March 2nd week Stonehenge ICON UK Wiltshire, 2 miles (3 km) west of Amesbury and 8 miles (13 km) north of Salisbury.
91 - March 2nd week Founders of Kiev ICON Ukraine Kiev
6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Reserved

Opening thread for planning of next event!

6 years ago

Bump because it seems nobody saw it!
I'll pick some landmarks later for Europe 2!

6 years ago

Have a bump, Jeff! :-)

6 years ago

Thanks! Someone just took Big Ben! Yay!

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

Ohhh... I thought Big Ben was Grizzly Adams bear!

View attached image.
6 years ago

6 years ago

Can I suggest that next time you use one thread instead of multiple and use a comment chain to keep everything together as going to the discussion page now posts for this event are all I can see. It's far too spammy.

6 years ago

Right now it looks that way cuz every thread has been bumped... usually it’s not an issue...

Each person has put a lot of work on their puzzle and they need a thread dedicated to their puzzle for discussion solely for that puzzle...

And it’s good,to,see,the forum with threads,that are actually worthwhile as the ones in this event...

6 years ago*

https://imgur.com/a/nSIcb

That was a section of all, filling my entire screen. I'm not denying there was effort put in or that the puzzles are worthwhile but it's absolutely spammy and needs a better solution for running it.

6 years ago

That was the first time that happened... one person went in and bumped every thread at one time...

Look at forum now...

6 years ago

Wow, we have a Michael Jackson statue? And some random mills? Damn, I wish we had more culture than that in my country, what have we been doing all those centuries? :P

6 years ago

Bump for cancelling continuation of event.

6 years ago

I suppose some of the puzzles were too difficult for non-hardcore puzzle solvers, especially for non english speakers :/
Anyway, thank you for this amazing event and thank you to all the puzzles creators... i would have liked to make Seville landmark

6 years ago

Pity, it went that way. I was happy when I started solving the first landmark puzzles but then they went quite hard for not hardcore puzzle solvers :) Now, even my easy quiz is not getting much attention ;)

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.