Announcement:

I am truly sad, but this will be my last Jigidi for now. The reason is simple: Too many people are using an autosolver script. It got worse every month and i tolerated it as long as possible, but this month i had 10 solvers it the first 10 min after updating this thread. I am really sorry for everyone who really solves the puzzles. I will think in the next days about what other kind of puzzle i can create every month or maybe I can keep it going with some additional rules.

Hi, same procedure as every month: One puzzle, one 7-games-long-train and maybe a bonus.

Puzzle (252 pieces)

Spoiler GAs: Half Past Fate, Streets of Fury EX, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, Pathologic 2, Road Redemption, Struggling, RimWorld

Bonus:

Spoiler GAs: Extreme Exorcism, Four Sided Fantasy, Fantasy Versus, EarthNight, Gift of Parthax, Quantum Replica, StarCrossed

Please inform me, if i messed up somewhere!

Enjoy and stay healthy!

Lvl 2+
Duration: Ends Mar 5th, 6:00 pm (GMT+1)

Old Puzzles just for fun:

January

Old Dungeon just for fun:
Boo's Dungeon

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Absolutely understandable. Have a sad bump. Jigidis are meant to be fun and not an obstacle to bypass.

3 years ago

Hope i find a good alternative or can keep it going with some rules (login and screenshot necessary)

3 years ago

Potatobump

3 years ago

Potatothanks!

3 years ago

Thanks for puzzles and GA!
Too sad to know that some user are ruining this system... But thanks for your effort.

3 years ago

You are welcome, hope find an alternative or a workaround

3 years ago

A Sad bump because I enjoyed your puzzles.

Shame there even exist some auto-solver and people are using it.

3 years ago

Hi Zarddin, currently trying to find a way to keep it going. Afaik the autosolver only works if you are not logged in. So there is maybe a workaround

3 years ago

Just send Boo to attack the people who use autosolver eyes.

3 years ago

I don't even know this autosolver.... I always take time to solve and enjoyed it.
Sad to know this is the last time..
Anyway, thanks for puzzles :))

3 years ago

The script is out since a little bit over a year ago. I found about it november last year. Now that it got out of hand and many people seem to use it, i see not much point anymore in keeping it a secret. Maybe i find a workaround.

Have a good one, BooX!

3 years ago

And I always wondered how some people manage those times.

Hip, hip, horaaah for this thread and to DrTenma for the monthly effort invested in this community project! Even if I missed many puzzles due to RL issues and even those that had amazing GAs, I always enjoyed this cozy place.

Thank you!

3 years ago

Thanks Alex, for the kind words. I am currently trying to find a way to keep it going.

3 years ago

Bump.

3 years ago

Thanks, have a good one!

3 years ago

autosolver

...now i'm tempted :P

don't be that sad, man. you've made a big, big bunch of us happy.
imo, there's always a downside, in a community. but, usually, it's a tiny part, when compared to the best, positive side... enjoy that side!

have a grrrrreat weekend, Doctor

3 years ago

Hi icaio, i know you were waiting for this :P

I usually don't like to give up too early, so i will probably try to keep it going with some changes and rules.

Buon fine settimana!

3 years ago

That's bad news. I always enjoyed solving your puzzles.

3 years ago

I'm sad too, but there might be hope. Maybe i can keep it going with some rules.

3 years ago

Bump for this months puzzles.

Sad to hear about the situation regarding botting of the puzzles. The puzzles have always been a pretty reasonable in length for me, and we get lots of time to complete them, so not sure what causes someone to cheat on them.

3 years ago

Sorry can't tell you either. Don't know a cheater's mind. Currently looking into it, if i can keep it going with some rules and lesser giveaways.

3 years ago

Jippieh! Jigidis are back!

Leider zum letzten Mal, wie es aussieht :( Ich hab mich immer drauf gefreut.
Einen Lösungsvorschlag hätte ich für dein Problem: lass dir von jedem User einen Screenshot von kurz vor dem Lösen des Puzzles vorweisen.
Wär schade, wenn die Tradition wegen ein paar Deppen sterben muss.

3 years ago

Ja, bin momentan auch am überlegen, ob es vielleicht mit 2 Regeln weitergeht: 1. Man muss eingeloggt sein (Der Solver, der mir bekannt ist, soll nur ohne Login funktionieren) 2. Screenshot (Mit "kurz vor Lösen", habe ich wahrscheinlich dann öfter Gewinner, die es leider vergessen haben. Muss ich noch genauer überdenken.
Damit es nicht zuviel Arbeit wird, werde ich wahrscheinlich nur noch ein einziges giveaway erstellen.

Mal schauen, was mir in einen Monat einfällt.

3 years ago

I'm really sorry to hear that about people cheating. Here I am wrecking my sorry wrist in something I think it's both fun and worth doing for the GAs. I hope you find a good solution and thanks for all the fun and gifts.

3 years ago

Thanks JMM! Hope as well i find a solution!

3 years ago

It seems that some people really want super difficult puzzles that only the super elite can solve... it's sad :(

3 years ago

Yes,that was the great one with the jigsaws. Everyone can solve them. You only need time. Maybe i find a solution. Don't like to give up too early

3 years ago

Bump

3 years ago

Thanks, have a good one!

3 years ago

thanks!
sad to hear about jigidis

3 years ago

You are welcome, maybe i can keep it going with some rules and changes

3 years ago

Aw man, I'm very sad to hear about the autosolver. Your event is so much fun and I've been looking forward to it every month. Thank you so much <3
Not sure what this script can do, but maybe it would help to request two screenshots from every winner: mid-progress and nealy finished.

3 years ago

The autosolver i know about came out a little bit over a year ago. I was informed about it november last year. There were a few suspicious entries here and there but i could tolerate it. This year in January i had 100+entries more than the average and lots of very fast anonymous solvers in the first hour. Lugum has currently running a jigidi with 350 pieces and nearly mono-black. He had 10 anonymous solves within the first hour. So yeah it just got out of hand.

The autosolver i know about only works afaik, if you are not logged in. So there is maybe a little hope. One simple solution would be, that people are forced to login to partipate. Currently thinking about going this way: People have to be logged in and winners have to show a screenshot to prove it. But there might be scripts which even worked, when logged in or some other workarounds. Have o think about it.

3 years ago

Too many people are using an autosolver script.

This is why we can't have nice things...

Thanks for doing this for such a long time.

3 years ago

Yes, some people just don't want other people happy.

Maybe i can keep going with some rules and changes.

3 years ago

Bump

3 years ago

Thanks, have a good one!

3 years ago

Thanks!

3 years ago

You are welcome!

3 years ago

I am very sad to hear that but I fully understand your decision. I thought about it very recently when I saw several solvers for a 350 piece puzzle a few minutes after the thread was created...
I was thinking about doing some jigidi some days ago and I gave it up.
I asked jigidi to add an option that would allow to show the completion message only to those who have an account. (I haven't heard back yet).
The other solution is to ask puzzle solvers to take the same login on jigidi and steamgift and give the link in mp. But depending on the number of participants this is a laborious thing to do.
Anyway thank you for all the jigidi you did. It was a pleasure even if I think I never had a victory :)

3 years ago

Yes talked with Lugum about it. The autosolver i know about came out a little bit over a year ago. I was informed about it november last year. There were a few suspicious entries here and there but i could tolerate it. This year in January i had 100+entries more than usual and lots of very fast anonymous solvers in the first hour.

Afaik the autosolver only works, if you are not logged in. So yeah maybe i can keep it going with a login and screenshot rule.

3 years ago

The problem is that it requires extra work, which you probably don't want to do, or have the time to do.
Do what you like to do, don't create constraints and obligations for yourself ;)

3 years ago

Yes, i probably would have to remove the train and only create one giveaway each month. Checking one winner should not be too much extra work

3 years ago

Yep, Good idea. Ask screenshot with puzzle completion and timer and you're good.
But you can ask a reroll if the winner don't give you that screenshot?

3 years ago

Usually yes, if there are rules for an invite only giveaway and someone broke against them, you can ask for reroll. Even if not, I have no problem with taken a "not received", blacklisting the winner and then give the game away again the next month.

3 years ago

👍

3 years ago

I really enjoy solving jigidis and sometimes i do it even with random puzzles i see in the web but i understand your decision.

For solvers is annoying seeing people who solved the puzzle in impossible times (like 350 pieces in 10 minutes). Is even worse when the creator of the jigidi counts the solving time or the leaderboard for an event and i suppose is absolutelly demoralizing for the creator.

So thank you for all the puzzles and the giveaways :)

3 years ago

Thanks Ikkimura! Probably checking, if i might keep it going with some rules.

3 years ago

How is it that there is ALWAYS something from my wishlist in your puzzle GA's? ^^

3 years ago

Simple, i am stalking you :P

3 years ago

Too bad, I love the jigsaws! Thanks for the fun :)

3 years ago

Hi Gortus, yes i am sad too. But maybe i can find a workaround with some rules.

3 years ago

Bump! Thanks as always!

3 years ago

Thank you, have a good one!

3 years ago

Thanks for another round of jigidis, I'll try to solve them in the next few days when I got time :)
I'm super sad to see this thread go 'cause it was really enjoyable to have some riddles with a chance of a reward at the end once a month.

3 years ago

Yeah i am sad too, that it got so far. But maybe i can keep it going with some rules (login and screenshot). Don't wanna give up too early.

3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by DrTenma.