Hello gamers,

We at http://www.DailyIndieGame.com are constantly trying to improve our service and bring the best possible deals.
We all know how bundles work. We pay a certain amount and get a pack of games, and that's pretty much it.

We are going one step further with the new DIG ACCOUNTS:

http://www.dailyindiegame.com/content_digaccount.html

You can topup your account, and purchase individual games of your choice from the DIG Point Store and from the DIG Trades marketplace.
The prices are often better than what you would pay in a bundle.

Everything is transparent, fair and simple.

Some notes:

• You can also use your credit to buy bundles. You can trade your unused keys for DIG Points.
  • Keys from trades are guaranteed to work, just like with bundles. If a customer has revealed (seen) a key, it can no longer be traded.

We value your feedback and feel free to share your feedback with us.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

just thought i'd let you know of a couple links on your store page that can be changed for more accurate info. ^^

The Housewife | currently goes redirects back to store page | should go to http://store.steampowered.com/app/496750/

Final Quest II | currently goes to its greenlight page | should go http://store.steampowered.com/app/540020/

7 years ago

Thanks!
I just fixed those.

7 years ago

np =)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Please send me an email to hello at dailyindiegame dot com and get this going.

7 years ago

You are keeping busy I see ^^

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Oh my god. This would be amazing!

7 years ago

Completely agreed!

7 years ago

7 years ago

7 years ago*

Deleted

7 years ago

I was under the assumption that Madjoki's version of your script uses the dynamicstore userdata anyway.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Hello, i just bougth 500 coins, i paid 5 USD with paypal.
How long till they are credited in my DIG account?
Thanks!

7 years ago

This should be fixed now, if you have used our contact form.

7 years ago

May I suggest to link d3m4n's super-useful DIG Store - DailyIndieGame Store thread in the OP here?

7 years ago

Absolutely!
That is one very well done thread :)

7 years ago

I love the store, but one thing that I think can be improved is easier to navigation. It usually takes me a few seconds to figure out how to get to different places on the site. I think it would really help to always have a navigation toolbar at the top with links to Store, Trades and Bundles.

7 years ago

also i've had the "shopping cart" idea suggested to me a couple times via steam chat.

7 years ago

Unlike in most web stores, shopping cart isn't so important here because you don't need to visit an external site for payment. I think this makes purchasing one by one quite ok.

7 years ago

i agree, i kinda like it the way it is since i only buy a couple at a time and keep up with it. if there were a shopping cart it would just be one (or more) pages that i have to go thru to checkout.

but it hasn't been just 1 person suggesting it so i thought i'd at least pass the suggestion along.

edit:
maybe have dual buttons, "buy" & "add to shopping cart" xD to make both types of purchasers happy. ^^

7 years ago*

One way to solve this is have two links for each game - Buy Now and Add to Cart. The best of both worlds.

7 years ago

hehe, just thought the same and added in with edit.. ^^

7 years ago

Great minds etc... :-D

7 years ago

Navigation bar is coming along with an integrated page that shows a single list with both Trading / DIG Point Store.
As for the cart, I am thinking about it ... But the whole DIG Points thing makes purchase fast and easy.

7 years ago

AFAIK, Why so evil, Why so evil 2 and Brilliant bob are recently (2 days ago) merged under each subscription, activating key for any of them should give you all 3 games.
https://steamdb.info/sub/54017/apps/
https://steamdb.info/sub/62412/apps/
https://steamdb.info/sub/67071/apps/
Exosyphen, you should check with your source (dev?) to confirm this for the keys that are sold on DIG store, and if so, make adjustment on DIG store page, because currently you can buy by mistake same key under 3 entries, 2 for 15 dig points, 1 for 19 dig points.

7 years ago

I will look into this.

7 years ago

I deposited 0.50$ and then realised I had to sign up, so I tried but I never got any email for my validation code.

7 years ago

This should be fixed now...

7 years ago

Just for your information I can see that DIG still is selling "Anime! Oi history!" and according to this post
They are all deactivated, might be worth mentioning.

7 years ago

I got mine from DIG and it's still activated on my account.

7 years ago

This is regarding unused keys. :)

7 years ago

Ah, gotcha!

7 years ago

We removed the game from sale.

7 years ago

hey, i deposited 5$ to my account from different e-mail with paypal 24h ago, still didnt receive balance. emailed to support 2 times. (because paypal closed in my country so i cant use my main paypal which is have same e-mail adress with my dig account. i wrote to this thread about this)
waiting not problem but this same everytime, i have to contact support. isnt it possible to reload my dig points balance automatic? should i change my dig accounts email address? i just logging to dig account and clicking buy now paypal button. i think your system dont work when emails don't match

7 years ago*

this is true - they do not work when they don't match - but I thought this was because paypal that had issues with it - rather than DIG - either way, support can transfer the points over - but they are busy and it will take time (just as support takes time on steamgifts) - as such it might be best if you sorted the correct email on both accounts if possible - otherwise you will go through the same thing time and again :)

7 years ago

We can fix that for you, just contact us.

7 years ago

I have the same problem. Can help? Thanks.

7 years ago

Where is the minimum price for bundles written ?

7 years ago

It's $1.49 for all bundles, written at the top of the page?

7 years ago

mhh it's sort of still there, though not quite as clear. it's really only in the "Choose your price: $ " as the default price.
if i remember correctly it used to state "6 awesome STEAM games at a great price of $1.49!" now it just stops at great price. or maybe i'm just remembering that from threads here.

7 years ago

$1.49 yout get a bundle.
Pay above the average, get 2

7 years ago

hey, i just purchased "Beat The Dictators" from the trades section, revealed it, and it was a "undead vs plants" key instead of the titled game (which I already own undead vs plants).

7 years ago

A small mixup on on our end with a few keys (less than 10). Contact us and we will promptly replace it.

7 years ago

no problem, filled out a support email. =)

7 years ago

thank you much! ^^

7 years ago

Straight forward question: Do you buy the Steam keys on SteamGround and resell them on your website to make money?

7 years ago

If you dig a bit into the first page of comments of this post, you will find the official reply to that.

7 years ago

Straight forward answer: NO
Someone asked this over email, so here is a more elaborated answer.
Please understand that just like any business, we can't offer full disclosures on our business transactions as we have interests to protect, but we do our best to be transparent. This is pretty much standard in any business.

Most games are purchased from their developers after a bundle ends. We ask them if they are willing to sell us keys. Some will sell, some won't.
There are also developers who email us directly and ask us if we want to purchase keys. To give one specific answer, the developer for PIGMENTUM emailed us last week if we want to purchase keys. And we did.

When developers sell keys, they contact several sites at once. The reason you will see the same game(s) in various places.
If you browse the STEAMGIFTS equivalent forum for developers, you will see the opposite. Developers looking to sell keys to make some extra money, and site names like our being circulated on buyer lists.

As for pricing, this again depends on what each individual site negotiates. I can always get better prices on large volumes, or pay a bit more for smaller volumes. This again depends on daily conditions. I have a budget to spend on games. If I don't have many available titles to purchase, I will buy a few, in higher volumes at a better price. Or pay more per key, get a smaller volume, but more titles.

There are also aggregators / intermediaries selling keys or even publishers who handle entire catalogues on STEAM.
The game distribution market evolves and works just like any commerce market.
Do you think the milk in your supermarket came on a truck straight from a farm? NO. From a logistics perspective is plain stupid.
All milk from all farms goes to logistics centers. From there it is distributed to stores. And that doesn't make the milk "shaddy".

We are evaluating some options (codeswholesale.com) for instance.

At the end of the day, it is nicely progressing into a mature and well defined market, which is good for everyone. Developers, sites like ours, gamers like. Developers get to make more revenue, you get cheap games, sites like our do their best to offer you an easy to use service.
I am also an indie developer for 15 years, have games on STEAM well before Greenlight existed so I have a better perspective of things.

Also, for the record, the DIG Point Store is well over 2 years old.
It started out as a small area in the user account section where you could spend the points received as a reward for buying bundles.
As the number titles grew, users were limited to the points they received as rewards. Obviously someone suggested the ability to "buy points". Which we did. Later one, we "opened" the DIG Point Store to everyone, not just people who purchased bundles.

Sorry for the longer rant, but I tried to offer a wider perspective.
Please keep in mind that no animals were harmed in this process and we do not use artificial flavors.

7 years ago

Thanks for your straightforward and honest answer and best wishes for DIG.

7 years ago

Thank you too :)
If anyone has any further questions, I am here to answer :)

7 years ago

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I was asking that question because that rumor was spreading across some users. I'm glad that DIG isn't shady and I'm glad that I can continue to purchase games on the DIG store.

7 years ago

You're welcome.

As always, do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have.
We will do our best to answer you in detail.

The only issue we have had with keys and these were extremly isolated and always resolved, without anyone loosing money, were:

• Us mixing up keys (ie: DIG Super Bundle 90, we mixed up Undead vs Plants with Beat the Dictators. Around 10 bundles were affected and we replaced the keys for everyone).
  • Games getting removed from STEAM and no longer being available. Those that didn't activate their keys, were given a refund.
  • A few developers (I think maybe 1-2 times), accidentally sending us keys that were used someplace else. These were always replaced.

To give you an EXACT statistical number as of me writing this message, 398 keys were replaced in almost 3 years of DIG for various reasons, such as those above.

7 years ago

Wow, I guess this is what they call customer intimacy. Friendly and transparent reaction. thumbs up

7 years ago

Please keep in mind that no animals were harmed in this process and we do not use artificial flavors.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! :-D

7 years ago

Hi guys, how long does it take after first transaction? I already received the receipt on my mail, but no mail with validation code to create my account so far. (Around 10 mins from receipt), Thanks.

EDIT: Sent a message to support minutes ago.

EDIT 2: Received help, everything works now. Thanks!

7 years ago*

Ok.. making an account takes how long?
Haven't received an email yet.

7 years ago

You should have it now :)

7 years ago

Same for me.
At first I couldn't even register my e-mail.
I contacted them and it's fixed, but now I'm waiting for verification code.

7 years ago

We just introduced a new feature: WEEKLY discounted games :) 5 games on sale every week.
Enjoy ;

7 years ago

How do we know which games are on sale? :/

7 years ago

logged into the store only it seems, it's at the top though once you're logged in.

View attached image.
7 years ago

Aaaah, thanks a lot! I wasn't checking the right page (I was on http://www.dailyindiegame.com/content_digaccount.html) (-‸ლ)

7 years ago

We will have some changes to make the accounts easier to use.

7 years ago

why did you remove dates from dig store page? it was so much better to see what i checked

7 years ago

I will see about adding it back.
I was considering a feature like: "Hide this game from the list", to hide games you are not interested in.

7 years ago

A feature to hide games would be great!

7 years ago

Working on it :)

7 years ago

while feature like that would be great, date is still a good feature.

7 years ago

I will see about doing both :)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

Good to hear this :)
Enjoy the games :)

7 years ago

hey, password reset email ain't coming :(
been waiting for some time now

7 years ago

You should have it now :)

7 years ago

Hey, just a heads-up, although I've already used the contact form:

There's a bit of confusion when paying using an alternate Paypal account. There is no message informing me that the credits won't go into my standard account but into a newly created account.

On top of that , i didn't receive any email apart from paypal.com. I tried starting a new account using the alternate paypal email but the confirmation code is not arriving, not even in the spam folder. I'm using gmail and i've tried more than once apparently.

Is there any current/known problem with the email verification ?

7 years ago

Not sure if this is what your going through, but I contacted DIG support and got a quick reply from a human a few weeks back. :)

Basically the DIG store wants/requires your DIG email to match your PP email.
I asked them to change my account email (I keep my gamer online presence separate from my rl one) and they said they would, but politely explained that it would cause me headaches with my purchase history and account library. I decided to keep it as is, since they also claim they will change this in the future.

Take that for what its worth. :)

7 years ago

Thanks for the info, the problem exists even when a payment is completed with a matching email as a new customer. After payment, you go over to DIG site and register a new account with the new paypal+email address but the confirmation email is never dispatched. There're numerous similar reports here and in the official group.

I guess the drill is that all first-time customers are being "validated" manually -but how exactly? my alternate pp delivery address is confirmed, isn't that enough? Anyway, having spent ~8h waiting for an answer or an email and considering that we are on the same timezone (it was the middle of the night around here), i'm quite convinced that there's some kind of manual validation. And i was re-registered quite a few times using the new email and then, searching spam folders etc. which was futile, since we never got lost any email and we got our gmail verified accounts for >11 years.

Anyway I've posted this because I find it rather strange and really stressful for the customer, as the system should provide useful info like "Please wait 12h to verify your funds" instead of "you have an email, follow the instructions", which is definitely not true since emails are not being sent out to some or all new customers.

7 years ago

On a few rare ocassions, emails from us are blocked. Not sure why as all emails are similar.

It's our STANDARD POLICY to monitor these, and if you haven't received/activated and account, we notice this and resend the email within a maximum of 12 hours, even if you don't contact us that you have an issue.

7 years ago

Thank you for fixing that! ^_^

Emails started arriving ~4h ago. The confirmation email arrived @ 11:07 this morning (GMT+2). It's rather strange why my wife's email got blocked after the payment went through normally, considering the certified pp address, the daily use of the email account etc. but you know better. Let's hope it won't happen again the next time i try to top up..

My suggestion is to add a simple note up on the payment page, something like "some emails might be blocked" etc etc. and we might have to wait a few hours / contact support.

7 years ago

Coming back to this for a update:

I've sent some DIG credits to my alternate email and created a brand new DIG account, the process was straightforward and successful. Now i'm pretty sure i can top up each account using its bound pp address without a problem. :D

Are you planning using Steam login in the near future? That would be awesome !

7 years ago

STEAM account integration is what I am working on now.
I will also see to add a note about some emails not being received. The rate is very small and incidents are very isolated.

7 years ago

I somehow manage to buy keys, mostly using the direct buying links in d3m4n thread. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it on the site. Here's what I do, please let me know what I'm doing wrong:

1. Open http://www.dailyindiegame.com/
  2. Click the banner at the top that says "DIG ACCOUNT, HUNDREDS of STEAM games..." (and a quite a bit more text)
  3. Get to this page: http://www.dailyindiegame.com/content_digaccount.html
  4. See a game that I like. If I click its name and I end up on the Steam store page for the game. If I click the price (e.g. $0.15), nothing happens.
  5. Look around for a link to a page where I could actually buy the game, can't find any. There are links to topping up the account, but not one for buying games. At least not to one where it's evident how to purchase.

My conclusions:

• Unless the vast majority of your visitors are much smarter than me and can figure this out (and have the patience to dig, pun intended), you are most likely losing business.
  • A simple solution would be to have the price a link to purchase the game, just like in d3m4n's thread.
7 years ago*

It is pretty well hidden, indeed..
one needs to click 'DIG ACCOUNT' in the top-right, then 'DIG Point Store' top-left, landing you on http://www.dailyindiegame.com/account_digstore.html
@exosyphen Why there isn't a link to this (and http://www.dailyindiegame.com/account_trades.html for that matter) on the page Yirg linked?

7 years ago

Thank you, this is helpful. Bookmarked this page!

7 years ago

some people have the opposite problem, they only knew about the store page user321 linked (btw it's in the thread too) and had no idea there was the content page to look at without being logged in.

i think they all need to link together a lot more like user321 also suggested. that way no matter which page they land on they can go to another. or maybe a header with "Main" "Content" "Store" "Trades" "Buy Points" all across it, that's there no matter what page you're on.

7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback.
Indeed, we need to improve things.

Let me make some changes even today and see how it works out :)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

You're welcome ;)

7 years ago

Edited - Being Sorted By DIG Support

7 years ago*

That is ODD. because there has been no such report for that particular game.

7 years ago

yeah - I thought it was a bit odd so I figured I would mention it just in case - I have asked the winner if they mind me deleting it - I have to go on a bit of faith that it is true that it does not work as I am sure you can appreciate :P

7 years ago

Edited - Being Sorted By DIG Support

7 years ago*

For Journey To The Center of the Earth, there was a mixup from the developer's end. They sent use keys from which some were used.
We were offered replacements and we are replacing these keys.

7 years ago

no problem - cannot make giveaways for that one, so it was for our alt - so no damage done there :)

7 years ago

hello exosyphen, can i suggest something, i look at other bundle web or in DIG himself didnt have anime/visual novel bundle recently, i hope you and DIG team consider to make one, because i think i will sell well(especially i will buy it), thanks before

7 years ago

Hi,

As long as a game is on STEAM and the developer willing to bundle it, we will do it. We don't have a preference for certain genres. We try to offer as many options as possible :)

7 years ago

Why do I have 12 Steam keys on my account out of nowhere? The games are 2x Incoming Forces, 2x Gun Metal, 2x Hyper Fighters, 2x CT Special Forces, 2x Eurofighter Typoon, and 2x Street Racing Syndicate. It doesn't display from which bundle they're from and I'm pretty sure that I haven't bought a bundle with those games.

7 years ago

Some keys that were marked hidden years ago were unmarked as we update the database and changed some flags.
Marked them as used and they will go away.

7 years ago

Ahh, alright. Going to mark them as used.

7 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by Khalaq.