I'm just rather curious what everyone's favorite Ps3 games everyone has. And what they'd advise getting. And if you don't have a ps3? Hm.. Favorite steam then.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I only played Uncharted from a friend, so I think it's my favorite then :D

1 decade ago

Uncharted did seem like a good game. Would you recommend it? :P

1 decade ago

yes, had a lot of fun with it, even though I didn't know anything about the storyline.

1 decade ago

definitly! they are all three freat games.

1 decade ago

Definitely Gran Turismo 5.

1 decade ago

Oh yes, and this :P

1 decade ago

I shall look into this game. ^o^

1 decade ago

I'm a big fan of the God of War series, so God of War 3. Little Big Planet is also very fun. If we're talking PSN - Noby Noby Boy makes no sense and is brilliant but Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 are all available. What's more, Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD will be out on PS3 soon.

1 decade ago

I was planning on trying the God Of War series. It looks great. And I have LBP Karting, but it's the only one so far. I need to get the other games. And I do plan to buy from the PSN store as well. I can't wait for Final Fantasy X to go HD. <3

1 decade ago

Another game I COMPLETELY forgot, 3D Dot Game Heroes. If you love old Zelda-style actions RPGs it's a really witty, weird and creative game in that style. Definitely worth looking at.

And yeah, FFXHD is...well it may not be an insta-buy (Square-Enix have fallen out of being the only dev. in my insta-buy category :P) but I'll be getting it. :)

1 decade ago

lol, there's another game sitting on my shelf (3D Dot Game Heroes) unplayed. It seemed really neat, but the only time I've ever played it was when I was got it used and I was making sure the disc worked. The art style is fascinating and it was neat that you could choose from so many custom avatars.

1 decade ago

The God of War series is definitely worth it, I recently just bought all of them at once xD they're awesome

1 decade ago

God of War series is one of the greatest PlayStation exclusives, you should give it a shot ASAP. :]

1 decade ago

why wont they make FFVII HD remake instead of FFX which already has nice graphics compared to VII?

1 decade ago

I would like both to be remade. I just can't wait for FFX since it's already kinda been announced. <3

1 decade ago

ALL guitar hero best ps3 games evaaaaaaa!!! <3

1 decade ago

I do love the guitar hero games. I had Guitar hero 2 and world tour for my ps2. I loved them.

1 decade ago

Yeahp, I thought only the ps2 games were kickass, then they started getting worse in my opinion.

1 decade ago

Uncharted 1 and 2 I never got to play 3 but I heard it wasn't as good as the first two.

1 decade ago

Alrighty, I'll look into playing those. :3 Thanks for your input.~

1 decade ago

2 was definitely the best, but 3 is still really good. Something just felt off about the pacing. It was still beautiful and completely worth playing if you enjoyed the first two.

1 decade ago

I plan on grabbing a ps3 when they start being phased out for the new ps4 again I'll be sure to snag a copy then and check it out.

1 decade ago

The only PlayStation exclusives I've played are the Uncharted series, Little Big Planet and Heavy Rain. All of which are amazing and I would recommend them to everyone.

1 decade ago

I love Heavy Rain. I've seen a playthrough of parts of it. I need to get that. And the other two have sounded good as well.

1 decade ago

I found it surprisingly engaging with the Move controller. With the exception of a few parts, I thought it really got you involved in the tension and action. Since the game is largely one huge QTE, having to suddenly do something to fend off an attacker is exciting. I also loved how the game and story continue and evolve even if you screw up or fail.

1 decade ago

Sounds great. Thanks for your input. ^o^

1 decade ago

Okami HD.

1 decade ago

Okami? What is that one about? :o

1 decade ago

Oh wow. I've only played it on Wii, but its a beautiful and wonderful game. It was originally released on PS2 and was a commercial flop. Then it was ported to Wii and did better, and eventually it was HD-ified and ported to PS3.

Its basically a cell shaded Zelda-style game where you play as a god in the form of a wolf. Simply an amazing game and I've heard its even more beautiful on PS3. Its a PSN download and I think its $15.

1 decade ago

Okami is a classic, you're basically a god in wolf form and have magical fighting abilities that can be unleashed drawing usually. You also have to use your awesome drawing skills to help you solve puzzles or find secrets.

1 decade ago

Shadow of the Colossus. Technically PS2, but the PS3 HD remake is very much worth playing. When buying it you also get ICO, which is also a really great game.

1 decade ago

Oh, I have that collection. The Ico/SOTC HD collection is great. Haven't beat either yet, though..

1 decade ago

I love the PS3 exclusives. Really enjoyed the GoW series, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and Katamari Forever. A lot of people think highly of Valkryia Chronicles and Yakuza as well. Yakuza 3 & 4 are sitting on my shelf unplayed, while VC just never really hooked me.

1 decade ago

I will look into playing these. And VC didn't hook you? Hmm.. Not a fun game? It seemed pretty good from the gameplay videos I saw. Then again, those could be deceiving from how good the game actually is, dunno.

1 decade ago

Like I said, a lot of people loved it. The art style is great, and the combat is a lot more interesting than typical turn-based combat. You units will fire on the enemy if the enemy moves within range, even if its not their turn. It makes good use of cover and tactics, but it just wasn't a game that I ever seemed to want to actually play. My backlog is far too large already to have games sitting there if I know I'm not going to play it.

If I didn't already have so many AA-AAA choices in my library, I would've likely played it more. But its hard to get motivated for something you're not really enjoying when you know you already own something else that will excite you.

1 decade ago

Makes sense. I myself enjoy shooters and RPGS much more than turn based combat. But still thought I might try it out.

1 decade ago

if you enjoy RPGs you will love Valkyrie chronicles. it's one of the best from this generation. standing proudly at the side of lost odissey, blue dragon,disgaea 4, star ocean,etc

1 decade ago

Disgaea 4 xDD

1 decade ago

I was looking forward to playing that one. :3

1 decade ago

It's a very good game =D I really love strategy rpg, so i recommend to play that game xD (I play disgaea since the first one was released =3)

1 decade ago

Not sure if favourites, but I really really enjoy:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Heavy Rain.
Uncharted series.

1 decade ago

I LOVE Metal Gear Solid 4. It was amazing. So many parts made me want to cry and I thought something bad would happen..

1 decade ago

The Metal Gear Solid series is just awesome, can't wait for MGS5 :)

1 decade ago

Neither can I. Shall be great. <3

1 decade ago

The Witcher 2 is my favorite game of all time. For 360, PC, and PS3.

1 decade ago

Is it better than the first one? :o

1 decade ago

It's a bit less complicated(if that's how you'd phrase that, but overall I feel like it's better, I had much more fun playing it, but the first one is still great.

1 decade ago

The Witcher 2 is not on PS3 ^_^

1 decade ago

Damn. I'll have to grab it for the PC then.

1 decade ago

It's not?!?! I coud've sworn it was; I don'thave PS3 , but I thought I heard it was ported to it.

1 decade ago

I thought it was ported as well. I'll look into it.

1 decade ago

Uncharted 2,3 and
Heavy Rain :D

1 decade ago

Definitely grabbing those games. :D Thanks for your input.~ ^o^

1 decade ago

Ratchet and Clank:TOD+CIT, definitely. Might not be quite as fun as the PS2 ones, but still very good. I'd also highly recommend Demon's Souls, Infamous 2 (the first is good, but the second's better) and Little Big Planet.

1 decade ago

Ratchet and Clank is definitely gonna be a game to play. Demon's Souls... Could you tell me about the game? And I played Infamous 2 before. It was very fun. xD I plan to buy it.

1 decade ago

Fifa :D

1 decade ago

Not much into soccer myself. But I may give it a try.

1 decade ago

God of War 3, Heavy Rain and the Uncharted 2 are my top three favourites.
Ratchet and clank gets an Honorable Mention.

1 decade ago

Hmm.. Alrighty. Thanks for the input. ^o^

1 decade ago

I don't have a PS3 but I think I would love God of war.
My favourite steam game is Portal 2, thanks to the amazing steam workshop community's work.

1 decade ago

Portal 2 looks like it would be a fun game. :3 The steam workshop is always amazing.

1 decade ago

There's a lot, but I have to say the top for me would be Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Little Big Planet (2 is even better), Heavy Rain, and 3D Dot Game Heroes.

There are many awesome exclusives out there, and of course there are the HD versions of PS2 games. ^^

1 decade ago

Ni no Kuni looks so amazing. I need to grab it when I get the money. LBP is definitely on my list of games to play and so is Heavy Rain. I'll add 3D Dot Heroes to the list too. I would like the HD collection of games. Can't wait for FF X <3.

1 decade ago

Oh man me neither, FFX is going to be even more awesome. xD

Oh hey, if you ever need a co-op partner for any game I could always join you. I'm not too big into PVP but I do loves me some co-op games.

1 decade ago

That'd be nice. I love me some co-op games as well.

1 decade ago

I don't have a ps3 but on xbox I really enjoyed Saints Row 2 and Skate 2.

1 decade ago

Hmm.. Those games do seem fun. :3

1 decade ago

hmmm, i have right now only bayonetta, heavy rain, demon souls, soulcalibur 5, mortal kombat, final fantasy XIII and TTT2, then its too early for create my favorite ps3 game :)

1 decade ago

Hmmm.. I'll have to try those games. I've beat Final Fantasy XIII. It was pretty fun. :3

1 decade ago

Halo.

1 decade ago

Halo? Not really ps3.. But okay. x3

1 decade ago

Uncharted 2 - like a Indiana Jones with hollywood (for me it's excellent)

Heavy Rain - must have, very emotional thriller

Killzone 3 - very good FPS with cover system and it's very brutal game

Red Dead Redemption - not PS3 exclusive, but consoles exclusive, one of the greatest sandbox and western game of all time

1 decade ago

I'll be sure to check those games out. ^o^ Thanks for your input.~ <3

1 decade ago

Definitely DEFINITLEY check out Red Dead Redemption, it's such a good game!

1 decade ago

Will do. :3

1 decade ago

Ratchet & Clank Crack In Time, Uncharted 2, InFamous

1 decade ago

Alrighty, thanks for your input. ^o^

1 decade ago

Disgaea 4.

1 decade ago

Thanks for your input. <3 I'll try this game at some point.

1 decade ago

Either Gran Turismo 5 or Hot Shots Golf. They're pretty much the only 2 games I fire up my PS3 for any more, everything else I play on PC.

1 decade ago

Golf isn't really my thing, but gran turismo I'd probably play. :3

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by PybroChan.