When? No leaks? My badge was unlocked 25 Nov 2020: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Capric0rn/badges/50

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

24th i have heard...

2 years ago

Thanks. Three more days...

2 years ago

Usually the hyped, most played games gets the award, not essentially the best ones. I believe the 25% positive from 30k reviews Battlefield 2042 has more chance on an award then an exceptionally great indie game. There are exceptions tho, i guess Valheim will get one.

This is why preselection from experts would be required instead just by letting players spam their vote for anything.

2 years ago

That is, sadly, very true.

2 years ago

That's exactly how it works. Every year the winners are consistently selected among the games with the most players i.e. the most mainstream. The categories don't change much. You'll never see any hidden gems win even if they're good, unless they've already become so mainstream that they are played by a ton of people anyway and are no longer hidden.

As long as they want to select games purely by popular vote it's unfortunately going to stay that way.

2 years ago

There is another reason why this is true: How do people KNOW that game x is so good/fitting for category y, when they didn't played it?
Or in other words: How can I vote for a game I never heard/ever played? That's most times happening for me with these types of votes.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.