April 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ April 27th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† May 4th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts

F1 2020

• RU/CIS together with Turkey: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Turkey
  • China, Viet Nam, India, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates - same sub
  • LATAM: Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, Philippines, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bermuda, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Grenada, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Puerto Rico, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
    It has been confirmed that at least some of these countries receive the ROW package, if not all.
  • Everyone else: ROW {sub/362653/}

Main Assembly

Aven Colony

Popup Dungeon

Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break - {sub/371787} can be activated anywhere apart from Japan.
Initially, customers from Japan also received the ROW key above {sub/371787} but after talking to the support, this was replaced with the correct package, {sub/481911/}
Locked packages exist for RU/CIS and China as well, but customers from these countries receive the same ROW (without Japan) sub as everyone else.

Notes:

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 75% of 4770 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/973580 W 1 $29.99
F1 2020 94% of 15546 - ๐Ÿ† 9.00 CV app/1080110 W 0 $59.99
Shenmue III 84% of 382 - ๐Ÿ† 7.50 CV app/878670 W 0 $49.99
Main Assembly 92% of 428 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/1078920 W 0 $19.99
Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break 78% of 323 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/1101360 W 0 $29.99
Remothered: Broken Porcelain 54% of 312 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/1142390 W 0 $29.99
In Other Waters 94% of 535 - - 2.25 CV app/890720 W M 0 $14.99
Aven Colony 74% of 1241 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/484900 W 0 $29.99
SIMULACRA 94% of 1659 - ๐Ÿ† 0.75 CV app/712730 W M 2 $4.99
SIMULACRA 2 89% of 665 - ๐Ÿ† 1.20 CV app/1011190 W 0 $7.99
Colt Canyon 93% of 195 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/940710 W 0 $14.99
Skully 78% of 14 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/1249110 W 0 $29.99
Popup Dungeon 85% of 454 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/349730 W 0 $24.99

Retail:

• $347.87

CV:

Humble Original / Extras: ROGUE MANSION

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

For how much longer can IGN keep up the good Choices before it's back to December or even July standards?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Overall Iโ€™d say itโ€™s a pretty decent month, so letโ€™s not cancel this time, all right?
[New subscription] I was able to keep myself under control even when Control was featured last month, but I am unable to say no to this selection.
[Maybe subscribe] My first thought was that this bundle isnโ€™t stellar, but now I see that there are some interesting games featured. But are they interesting enough to pay this much?
[Pause] Definitely some "meh" games in here. Donโ€™t take it personally, Humble, but from a value perspective, itโ€™s not great...
[Cancel] I'm truly sick of headliner games without DLCs. Count me out, Humble.

Thats bad thing about bundles... there is only 1 game id like to TRY :]

3 years ago

I liked everything last month, and nothing this month (except aven colony, which I already have) and maybe that tabletop game. I'm going to pause this month. I hope some of you others enjoy it!

3 years ago

Is Aven colony interesting ? reviews seem to say it gets boring fast
I love city builders, but am unsure about this although it is in my wishlist

3 years ago

I remember playing its demo a couple of years ago. Three hours in and already bored lol.
Imo Anno 2070/2205 are way more fun.

3 years ago

Only simulcra and simulcra 2 seems interesting... bleh

3 years ago

I had Rock of Ages 3 on my wishlist already, so it's worth it with the $6 discount, there's a couple of nice indies in there, too.

3 years ago

Have to get it anyway because i'm still on the $6 a month coupon thing, but this doesn't seem to bad of a lineup.

3 years ago

Me too. The 6 dollar coupons managed to make this month worth it. I wanted Shinmue III (to just complete the set of shinmue 1,2), and aven looks pretty good. The headliners can be trade, sold, or gift away.

3 years ago

Yeah, I've already happily traded for Ni no Kuniโ„ข II: Revenant Kingdom and Dragon Star Varnir. As far as i'm concerned I got my money's worth and more.

3 years ago*

That sounds like an awesome trade. I got 5 tf2 keys with just two of the headliners. Pretty happy to turn them into steam credits if I need money for a steam sale.

3 years ago

Yeah! I won't be able to play them because i'm working on my SG wins atm (8 left!), but after The Witcher 2 & 3, and Trails in the sky SC i'm gonna be hyped to get to them.

3 years ago

Those are great games. I highly highly recommend trails in the sky SC. I've worked my way through to Ao no Kiseki (5th game of the series). It's such an amazing experience.

3 years ago

One of the worst months as far my own personal tastes go that I can recall...

3 years ago

Big fan of F1 games so I might also trade for it maybe (Can't get the choice sadly)

3 years ago

Im kinda confused about this - "Locked packages exist for RU/CIS and China as well, but customers from these countries receive the same ROW (without Japan) sub as everyone else." Does this mean these regions receive keys that can also be activated anywhere excluding Japan?
Also, any updates on that Popup dungeon sub? Im scared to even consider trading it since humble decides my country is part of RU/CIS for some games but not for others. Also, does the F1 have a link for the RU/CIS sub on Steamdb?

3 years ago

It means that there are region restricted packages for those regions but in the current case people from those place get the ROW packages.

3 years ago

Some interest in Simulacra, but I haven't played the first one yet.
Some interest in Remothered, but I don't even own the first one yet.
This looks like a pause for me.
Thanks, Lilly and Luckz!

3 years ago

๐Ÿ’œ

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

There's like... 4 or 5 of them that seem like they'd be OK.
But I still think I'll probably pause this month.

3 years ago

Good news for JP region
Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break - {sub/371787}โ†’ใƒญใƒƒใ‚ฏใƒปใ‚ชใƒ–ใƒปใ‚จใ‚คใ‚ธใ‚น: ใƒกใ‚คใ‚ฏ&ใƒ–ใƒฌใ‚คใ‚ฏ{sub / 481911 /}
https://i.imgur.com/SsTXdYr.jpg

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

The SG staff are peope. And they mark games as bundled manually. But they do it retroactively, so CV for existing GAs of F1 2020 or Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts will be fixed

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Yep. You're going to enjoy being a higher level for a while (if you're at the beginner levels), then revert back once they have time to manually adjust the cv's

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Yeup. All GAs that were made after releasing of that bundle.

3 years ago

I've never ever paused a month so far, and i've been subscriber since they started this service. But this month....maan what a bunch of crap....I mean...wow...paused!

3 years ago

thanks for your work shakti

3 years ago

Always a pleasure :)

3 years ago

Main Assembly looks fun. I tried the beta and liked it a lot.

3 years ago

ugh this bundle sucks and i bought this 2 times by mistake even worse

3 years ago

Ouch. How do you buy a bundle by mistake twice?

3 years ago

In Group Buys people usually buy full bundles too, you can sell it at full price for paypal funds without an issue.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Can someone explain me how region locked keys works for example my region is ROW I have a F1 2020 key what regions does the key can't be activated?

3 years ago

ROW key works everywhere ( => no restrictions)

3 years ago

Keep in mind that some ROW keys have countries excluded, so they are not redeemable "100% wordlwide".
You have one example in this bundle: sub/371787 activates everywhere, apart from Japan.

3 years ago

ROW usually means "worldlwide activation", apart from some special cases - when this happen, I make sure to mention them in the OP, like this one.

If you're from Puerto Rico, it is possible that you receive this package: sub/441667/ which is region locked. I think my list of countries was cut short when I pasted it from SteamDB, sorry for that.

In general, LATAM / SA receives locked keys, when such packages are available,

3 years ago

Puerto Rico likely has ROW keys. I have a friend from Antigua and Barbuda and when he creates a gift-link, there is an info that the key will not work in these countries below and there are only listed countries from the packages RU/CIS, LATAM (South America) and China, India etc.
I am from Europe and when I create a gift-link I have the same exclusions and countries like Puerto Rico, Antigua or Cuba are not there.

3 years ago

The countries list does not reflect the region lock of the key you receive. ROW keys and locked keys will show the same list of countries.

Antigua and Barbuda and Puerto Rico share the same region lock, and usually if one of the countries from that region is listed in the gift link notification, you can assume that the others also receive the same package (even if they're not listed), as long as such package exists.
But ofc it is possible that Antigua and Barbuda / Puerto Rico receive a ROW key instead of their locked package, sub/441667/ - we never know for sure until someone from that region confirms the subid.

Regardless of that, the countries list from the gift link notification is not to be trusted. The list in the OP (that we create based on what packages exist + the HB notification + past locks from the same developer + people's comments) is the most accurate that you can get, even if it's not 100% accurate either.

3 years ago

Thanks for reply. One question:
If my friend from Antigua and Barbuda had a key with a region lock (sub/441667/) then when creating a gift link there should be information that this key CAN BE USED only in selected countries (and here would be countries from this sub)? But he has info where it CANNOT BE USED, (there are also countries from South America that are part of sub/441667/) as I wrote above. Doesn't that mean he has a ROW key?

3 years ago*

Doesn't that mean he has a ROW key?

In general yes, but not always.

When you have a package with 38 restricted countries like the LATAM one is sub/441667/, but not all 38 countries are present in the notification, it can mean one of the following:
a) the countries present in the notification receive the locked package, the ones not present receive ROW keys
b) there is another package not indexed yet (because Valve decided to restrict the indexing of new packages from third party services) that contains only the countries listed in the notification
c) the notification lists only some countries (HB's mistake), yet the same package is given to all 38 restricted countries
All these 3 cases occurred in the past more than once, so unless someone clearly states the sub, we can't know for sure who gets what.

In the meantime, someone confirmed that Antigua and Barbuda receives a ROW key.

However, this doesn't fully ensure that all of the other 38 countries also receive ROW keys, because of the difference between what HB shows in the notification and the countries from that package.
For example, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Bahamas (to name the first few) are present in the notification. Do they get the locked package (meaning option a) above) or is there another package that contains only the countries listed in the notification (option b) above)? Or is the c) and everyone receives a ROW key (since based on the confirmation, at least Antigua and Barbuda receives a ROW key, so it's not the case of the LATAM package being given to everyone)?

And that's why figuring out the region locks is a huge mess every time there's a new Humble Bundle. It usually takes 1-2h to compile all the info, and as you can see there are still cases that are not covered or impossible to deduct unless someone clearly posts the regional subs that they get.

For reference, here's a screenshot of the notification.

3 years ago

Piping in that I'm getting the exact same notification as the Antigua and Barbuda one: https://imgur.com/a/zXZ9sSK. I'm in the Philippines for reference (and I have no idea why we're being lumped in with LATAM atm).

3 years ago

I have a question regarding gift links. I know when I used to use them they would generate a list of countries the game wont work in, but i cant remember if the gift link generates right after you click the gift link option or you need to confirm it after you see the region locks? I ask because Humble is weird with region locking games for my country, and puts some of them in the same boat as RU/CIS regions, but keeps taking my money in Euros. So i would appreciate the help with this, since i still dont know what region lock Popup Dungeon has and would make my life easier in the future regarding knowing what games have what region lock for me.
Thanks, and keep doing gods work with these posts.

3 years ago

When you press the gift link, you are shown the pop-up dialog with the list of locked countries. Only afterwards you can press confirm to generate the gift link.

I always generate keys, but I first look at the countries restrictions this way, in order to list them in the OP and detail them further.
Serbia is indeed listed under RU/CIS sometimes and under Europe other times, it's a special case that I try to look at in particular every time I analyze the region locks. It's not usually HB's fault, it's how the publishers create their packages. But it is sometimes HB fault, in cases in which they send the wrong package to you (you're supposed to receive RU/CIS but you receive Europe instead and can't activate it).

3 years ago

I dont think ive ever been given a EU key :D its either ROW or RU/CIS if it has a region lock. I think Tropico 6 was the most recent one I remember that had a EU version and ROW and I got a ROW version. Thanks for the gift link info, should help me see what region locks a game has.

3 years ago

It might be beneficial for you to change your Humble account billing address to a country that provides more suitable keys for your unique case. Not sure what the best choice would be between a generic EU country or USA or so.
(Don't pick Germany.)

3 years ago

Is that allowed? Won't my card be a dead giveaway?

3 years ago

I don't know if it is allowed, but if you use your card, they will know that you are lying.
In such case you would probably have to use paypal.

3 years ago

As long as you just use your usual IP (no VPN) for the payment itself, I don't see how there would be a payment issue.
Many people have paid with USA billing addresses (or such) for years now without trouble. Of course then if you buy a bundle in USA or France and a key from there doesn't work in Serbia, that's an issue you might have to live with, but the case is very rare anyway.

3 years ago

Thanks for explaining

3 years ago

not bad, the only game i already own is the first Simulacra

3 years ago

Great pickup for 8$ for me!

3 years ago

Hey Lily, My region is Antigua and Barbuda, and I've received an ROW Key for F1 2020, not a LATAM key.

3 years ago

For real? You live in paradise?

3 years ago

Well our Volcano hasn't erupted so yeah I guess you could call it that for now XD.

3 years ago

aven colonoy asia sub should be this https://steamdb.info/sub/195849/ instead of the same sub as main assembly in OP

3 years ago

Humble didn't email me this month. I was wondering why it was taking them so long to come out with the bundle... >.<

3 years ago

In Other Waters was in my wishlist, but not interested in others at all. But I got it anyway to not lose my $6 discounted subscription. I guess I will just accept this month as a disappointment and hope for future months to be a lot better.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.