HELLO COMMUNITY

I know that this post will be deleted by the mods/support member as soon they see it but still I do feel to write when i think something is wrong or something that people in charge felt wrong in doing so. Moreover the case is described with as much detail as possible..

Why i made this post?

Well i recently created two groups in steam, and i do create special giveaways sometimes for either of the two groups and sometimes i do create giveaways in which the people from both the group can participate. Recently i heard of a website name GLEAM DOT IO which is again a similar website for organizing giveaways, but the thing is that in order to participate, there are certain things you've to do in order to gain an entry. So as my 25th giveaway was approached, i created a HEARTS OF IV giveaway on gleam and post the link in the thread, where i created the giveaway as INVITE ONLY and those who follow the steps will receive that, but yeah at that moment i was experimenting with GLEAM, i removed the link immediately because of a violation of the TOS, according to the member PeteOzzy, who has a moderator level access in this forum. (If mentioning the name is a violation, do let me know, i'll remove it). But then there was another SG support Operative named MSKOTOR (again if you want me to remove the name, do let me know, but i won't remove this post) who pointed out that i allegedly tricking people. Below are the exact words he used in the imgur image link.

REPLY FROM SUPPORT

Here's the alleged post and this time I'm not giving the link as they would again impose that I'm circumventing. Well, later i updated the post where i removed certain words which imply "mandatory" in a way or two, but as most of the SG users are already aware, participating in a group only giveaway doesn't necessary to get subscribed on YT or Twitter.

Then when i asked the support level member that i want that moderator level member to respond, they responded here and as you can see the member somewhat trying to criticize me, but since i've respect for that member, i immediately responded and edited the said post.

In order to get the attention of the support, i created another post where i mentioned this and you can clearly see the respond from the support, and they issued a suspension if i did the same thing again.

Well i do have faith in the Steamtrades and the Steamgifts community, i openly ask a question to everyone.

Does these instructions mentioned here, aren't comply with the SG guidelines?

In addition, is this wrong??

Does these instructions UPDATED mentioned here, aren't comply with the SG guidelines?

In addition, is this wrong??

Please do answer in the comments as I'm really want to know what this community actually thinks in this case.

SOME INSIGHTS

1. Exactly what happened when they closed my thread. check the post

2. When they restricted me of making separate threads, though it's not against rules.

3. Support Request to insight 1

VOTE HERE

DISCLAIMER

In case if the support/mod has any problem regarding mentioning the names, do let me know in the comments, I'll remove them immediately and edit the post regarding the same, but i won't delete this post at all, because now i've had enough.

Regards,
Abrix

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Don't do this, otherwise the support will ban you for posting youtube links in the comments. i think so they will

5 years ago

I've seen reserved comments in threads, but I don't think I have ever seen an entire thread reserved. I really don't see the logic behind posting to let us know that you are going to be posting something. The only thing that makes sense to me is if this is supposed to be some kind of threat to SG support that if they don't do what you want, you will post your story here calling them out.

View attached image.
5 years ago

This is not a threat to the SG support, this is kind of what i felt wrong when game devs/youtubers like us are actually following the rules, and some member (whom you really respect a lot doesn't act/respond within a week) who is a moderator and has donated a lot of stuff in the past, still cannot get through this.

5 years ago

This is not a threat to the SG support, ...

True, what you are doing is not a threat to SG Support. Nor is it a complaint of mistreatment as you attempting to present it. Rather, this is a drama staged by you for the purpose of enlisting the aid of the SG Community in your attempt to force those in charge (the Support Staff) to see things "your way." You are mistaken on many levels.

1. SteamGifts is not a democracy. While we pay attention to feedback, we do so in our pursuit of moderating the site in the manner requested of us. The person who determines SG policy is CG, not the SG Community.
  2. SG is a private website, not a business. It just so happens that the site is popular enough that CG found it troublesome paying for everything out of his own pocket and therefore instituted a few ways of offsetting the costs. Using our services is a privilege, not a right.
  3. The arbiters of this site are its moderators, not the SG Community. The moderators do their best to let SG users know what is allowed and what is not allowed on the site. Use of this website is contingent upon agreement to abide by its policies.
  4. When an adult is denied something by those in authority, he or she analyzes the situation and, if appropriate, pursues a review of the matter through the proper channels. That is because he or she has learned that throwing a tantrum in public like a small child is counter-productive.
  5. The way to appeal decisions made by Support Staff is to file a ticket asking for review. As per site policy, we will continue to protect your privacy in such a case. While the SG moderators are effectively "judge, jury, and executioner," their actions are subject to review. Behavior and actions taken by each Staff member are reviewed by the rest of the staff and/or CG himself. As the site owner, CG has the last word on everything.
5 years ago

True, what you are doing is not a threat to SG Support.

Spot on. There is no way for any user to do anything that consists to an actual threat to the SG staff, after all. ;)

5 years ago

No comment on all future comments.

5 years ago

Now that's i call somewhat less than neutral optimism

5 years ago

Early Access post?

5 years ago

LOL, I'm sorry that i disappointed you, but this isn't about that

5 years ago

Staying tuned

5 years ago

Thanks man

5 years ago

Please reply to the sub-comment to indicate whether I'm wrong or right

Blacklist Count Since This Post (People blacklisted me) - 73

Decision Counts
WRONG 6
RIGHT 0
5 years ago*

Wrong

5 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago*

Deleted

5 years ago

/me waves

5 years ago

/me waves

5 years ago

From my understanding, you can create a giveaway and in that giveaway's description, ask people to check out and join your groups or other social media if they want to, but you cannot ask users to complete actions to enter your giveaways. You are making it sound like it is required and I don't think that is allowed, even if it is not actually a requirement. You are telling people to do a bunch of things to enter your giveaways and that is not allowed.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

+1 Wrong. It isn't site like Gleam, Facebook giveaways or something like that. People can do all your things if they want but it can't be required to win, sorry ¯_(ツ)_/¯

5 years ago

I believe that you aren't 100% wrong but you are still more wrong than support here. I can agree with you that on heavy inspection, your post doesn't require users to join your links and all, but at first glance - it is exactly how it seems. I read some of the other comments and agree that the order/phrasing can be changed to be more tolerable (by the mods)

eg:
join these groups and you can join the giveaway
also: follow me here and here and here

hope you understand! thanks for seeking others for their opinions :)
there is always a place to learn from any potentially incorrect actions

5 years ago

the mods asked to remove that all, which is the point of making this very post, which i think isn't right. Besides, asking users to join both the steam groups isn't actually a violation to be honest.

And one must have to join the steam groups to participate in a group restricted giveaway. That's the way how it always was..

5 years ago

wrong

and you never do this:
"In order to get the attention of the support, i created another post where i mentioned this and you can clearly see the respond from the support, and they issued a suspension if i did the same thing again."
it's a common forum rule, doing it is basically asking to get suspended lol

and yeah, no one likes such bullshit as "liek, subscribe, follow me, click the bell icon, check the merch store, get 3% off on this dodgy greymarket site, and name your first-born after me like the sheep you are", it's simply disgusting

5 years ago

Well, as much as i "disliked" the way you said, i still appreciate your comment.

5 years ago

Hey Abrix, i think it's wrong, i agree with everything AllTracTurbo said. There's no requirements to join a giveaway here except level and such. but requiring steps to enter a giveaway is not a Steamgifts thing. sorry.

5 years ago

Wrong.

5 years ago

Right

5 years ago*

You're worse than wrong by being not even wrong or wronger than wrong. Which, outside the scope of pseudoscience, is a momentous achievement. You can include that as a third category, or file it under wrong, or ignore it; any is fine.

5 years ago

Of course you are right, but this is SG. People are going to lose their shit if you dare to disagree with the moderators. In general, I find it's just better to not participate in any discussion here, unless you want your faith in humanity to fall deep below 0.

5 years ago

In general, I find it's just better to not participate in any discussion here, unless you want your faith in humanity to fall deep below 0.

I hope you realize that you are demonstrating that point very well by suggesting that breaking several rules is right somehow.

5 years ago

If you took a moment to read the FAQ and the Guidelines you'd have a better understanding as to what's allowed and not allowed.

I'm pretty new to support but my fellow team members honestly already answered the question you are asking. You can't post giveaways the require special actions to join .. "you need to follow this or that" etc. Gleam giveaways aren't allowed on SG, these require special actions.

5 years ago

Hi there, i already deleted the gleam io giveaway from my thread already then why isn't it still opened?
Besides I've already checked the support and as mentioned I'm not asking users to. mandatory join twitter or YouTube handle in order to join the giveaway, even that isn't the mechanism or intention.

Of course i can ask them in the giveaways or even in the thread for the instance. Asking user to follow, even that's on them whether they want or not, is justified by the FAQs

5 years ago

Are you not aware what you posted in the screenshot? You gave instructions for people to follow your Youtube channel and twitter and then after they do that come back and join the giveaway. I won't be commenting anything further on this.

5 years ago

So you're telling me if i swap the 4th and 5th line, then it would be fine?

5 years ago

i guess it would be the 6th ... (ya, know that you have changed your original post, there is nothing wrong with the 6th...)

5 years ago*

LOL 6th is perfectly fine, i mean i can ask users for a bump, and i think the first one seems correct as i gave giveaways for either of groups sometimes, and i find it difficult (and dumb) to mention which group to enter in order to participate, whatsoever.

5 years ago

and change the first

5 years ago

Shameless self-advertising and whoring out, in general, is accepted on the site. It is difficult to gain an initial user base for a content creator, therefore the option is there to try and gather some here through giveaways. The "how" is the large deciding factor. Let me show you one of the numerous versions of how it can be done without incurring too much wrath:

Hi guys, Abrix Gaming here! I am an aspiring YouTube content creator who mostly focuses on let's play videos of all kinds of games, among various other projects. I'd be happy if you check out my channel here <link>, and even happier if you subscribed. You can also follow me on <Twitter_link> for further updates.
I also keep my own <Steam_curator>, where I even give most games a "One Word" summary for those who want their reviews as condensed as possible.
To keep this thread alive, I will post some giveaways for you, then add a few more as they run out. If you enter them, please bump this thread, so others can also see it! Thank you!

The thing is, marketing is usually something done by invertebrates, so if a slimy slug with no means of moral compass or grey matter can do it for a living, I trust that you, who should be a lot higher on the evolutionary chain, can also do it in an intelligent manner when you put your mind to it.

5 years ago

Well I'm glad that we both kept each other blacklisted :D

5 years ago

My blacklist has always been empty*. It is a petty and stupid little toy that has no place on a site like this, but since many users like their pretended power and think they are important because of it, the peer pressure keeps it as a feature. Luckily, we see more and more people realising this and stop using it.

*Okay, one guy had been on it, until he was finally permabanned. No, it was not Konrads, he was a small fish compared to some users we had here.

5 years ago

Well, don't lie, because when i tried to enter one of your giveaways, it showed that i was blacklisted by you, and therefore i blacklisted you the same. i believe in newton's third law of motion.

5 years ago

Blacklists are two-way; you cannot enter the giveaway of anyone you blacklisted. Ironically, this made me lose like 30 of them upon implementation. Greed is funny.

Also:

View attached image.
5 years ago

Yeah I'm actually aware how blacklist works, certainly I do keep a record of why i blacklist people and it seems that earlier you did blacklisted me, which was shown in ESGST and then i responded to that.

5 years ago

As I said, I do not use blacklists. Never saw the point. Still stands. =)

5 years ago

*Okay, one guy had been on it

lol, he's lucky i guess then

5 years ago

He was a racist homophobic fuckface with zero morals, who hoarded wins like no tomorrow, mostly just immediately selling them. It was like if someone somehow mashed Alex Jones and the duck of the Original groups together into one SG user.

5 years ago

ugh... Please don't go on. I'm still trying to forget.... P

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

Don't get that attitude. It's actually good advice. If I will start my YT channel or Twitter I would probably copy-paste it xD

5 years ago

Very well said!

5 years ago

Hear, hear.

Additionally, this could've gone much better for him if he had been results oriented. But instead he chose the professional victim approach, refused to listen to advice/guidelines, and took shots at the support team, even though the screenshots he provided show fair treatment.

I strongly dislike when content creators are this lazy that they constantly look for shortcuts to success, even at the expense of decency. It requires hard work to be successful, it's not for everyone.

He's pretending like he isn't trying to "force" people to join his groups, curator, etc before participating in his giveaways, yet giveaways like the one in the image on the bottom are still ongoing. It doesn't even make sense. Not only do you need to be part of only one of the groups to participate, but you wouldn't be able to see that text in the first place if you weren't already part of any of the groups.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Support has said everything that needs to be said, there's clearly something you're not understanding, so I suggest you reread everything support have told you. You still haven't removed or edited the text (even your own screenshot shows that):
To join this giveaway please join my groups here and here (etc)...

It's perfectly fine to ask if people can join your other group(s) and follow you, etc, but as it stands you're still presenting those as requirements to join the SG giveaways (which is a breach of the guidelines). The entire gleam thing is irrelevant.

5 years ago

The thing is that I've removed the GLEAM LINK already and they still saying that I'm pretending to ask users to join my YT or curator group, which is absolutely wrong

5 years ago

Sigh You're not actually listening to anything we're saying, so what's the point in asking for our opinions?

5 years ago

Sooo....

1. You tried to make SteamGIFTS Into a Gleam giveaway, suggesting that following you on multiple platforms is required (which is definitely against the rules, simply read the FAQ)
  2. You then insisted on getting other mods to get involved to debate the case
  3. And then linked to that thread in ANOTHER thread to circumvent the closure -
  4. And most importantly, still were simply warned and NOT actually suspended for the repeated hassles?

Sounds like you got off pretty lightly (until this thread), no idea where your mod-hate is coming from.

5 years ago*

Hi there, Well the thing is that there's a WHOLE LOT DIFFERENCE between a group restricted giveaway and a gleam giveaway. In addition the points made in 2,3 and 4 aren't relevant to the cause because i can prove easily that support doesn't respond even they promised to do so (regarding the group icon problem) and even though keeping the respect and decorum of this forum, i even edited the post and you can clearly see in the screenshots even that the steps (especially the follow thing) isn't mandatory at all.

And that's the main difference underlying between a gleam giveaway and a regular SG giveaway.

5 years ago

" even edited the post and you can clearly see in the screenshots even that the steps (especially the follow thing) isn't mandatory at all. "

I'm sorry, but the phrasing makes it look like all steps are mandatory.

There are 3 lines that are mandatory: lines 1,3,5.
With two other lines about steam curator, subscribing to youtube etc interspersed, you make it look as if these two other lines are also mandatory. You might not think it, but I'm 99% positive that's what the moderators and most people reacting negatively are thinking when reading the text.

If you changed your text to
"To join this giveaway, ...
After joining please resync.. .
Then again go to the giveway page...
Please follow my steam curator...
Please subscribe ...
"

There would be no problem. Well, there would still be the problem that you are asking people to join both groups, even if only one is necessary, but I think mods would have let it slide (maybe? I'm no mod)

5 years ago

Well support has gone up a notch in my book. You where completely in the wrong and they handled it all admirably.

5 years ago

Agreed :) good job SG Support!

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

But just one notch? :P

5 years ago

I don't hand out notches willy nilly. xD

5 years ago

Okay, I don't know how to counter that one. You win. :D

5 years ago

Actually, I think everyone but the OP wins in this rigmarole. :P

5 years ago

I cracked up hard IRL. Have a WL. :D

And to be fair, I think you have a very good point. :P

5 years ago

*were

5 years ago

You could have just simply left gleam out of the picture entirely and promoted 1 group and curator included that you think would be enough or more important to join.

5 years ago

LOL, i didn't even put the gleam link in the updated post, i removed that immediately when they requested.

5 years ago

Initially, you did though.

5 years ago

It was for the 25th giveaway, and when they point me out, i removed that, now i don't see as to why they still closed that post.

5 years ago

Why they closed the post? Because you violated the guidelines set out by SteamGifts which i would deem valid but the right step you made at least was creating this topic in general and claiming your guilty.

But you still stuffed up which i seem you have a bit of trouble understanding why anything outside of SteamGifts must stay outside.

5 years ago

Well, once i edited and removed the gleam link, then i literally don't know as to why the post is still close, i mean once i removed the disputed link/content, it should be restored upon request, which they didn't.

5 years ago

Its very simple, you violated the guidelines and you'd be lucky if OzzyPete would reinstate the giveaway.

5 years ago

Well, yeah i did violated them earlier, but this time, i didn't.

5 years ago

I'm gonna side with support in this one, what you were doing is against the rules and it has been stated multiple times as so, actually support seem to be pretty straight forward and patient with you by the looks of it.

5 years ago

Yeah, this time I've went even pretty straight forward and asking people regarding the views on it. Thanks for your reply.

5 years ago

...I was talking about support. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're not that experienced in reading comprehension in English and that might have caused this whole missunderstanding between you and support, no offence just guessing.

5 years ago

I know you're sided with support, but i still appreciate your comment.

5 years ago

With "Then again go to the giveaway page..." you're clearly indicating, that joining you on all these platforms is requested. Since i can see no change in your post (what you said you did and what the mods wanted you to do) it's definitely stays closed.
I mean it's nothing wrong with asking to follow you, but at some point you may need to get clarity about if you want to give something away or if you want to trade games for followers.

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

Have not seen that one :D

5 years ago

No, I'd say you are 100% wrong and now you're whining.

5 years ago

Thank you for your comment, and for the record, I'm not interested in whining, at this moment, i think this dissent need some exposure, when the support didn't acted responsibly, even though i've removed the requested gleam content.

5 years ago

Dissent?

Not interested in whining?

Either your comprehension of English is not very good or you are a brick short of a house.

I suggest you grab a dictionary and look up the meaning of the words 'dissent' and 'whining'.

Nothing needed 'exposure' here. You are the one that was 100% in the wrong.

The fact you felt the need to make this whining thread about it all makes me think your not the brightest spark and it would not surprise me if you got a shitload of blacklists out of it.

5 years ago*

I do know the meaning of both and i guess you should check the dictionary first before accusing me of "bad comprehension" in this regard.

5 years ago

You say 'Not interested in whining', yet the gist of your utterly inane original post is you 'WHINING' about a situation in which you were wrong and for some reason you think you aren't.

Now, having said that, would you please point out to me the dissent you perceive, and while your at it please explain exactly what needed exposure.

I'm starting to think I was right before and you certainly are a brick short of a house.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

I can completely agree while this seems a front-seat/street drama, but tbh after waiting for a week, and still after implementing the changes, if still the support request me that "I've to remove those YT or Twitter" things, which are not mandatory in these cases, then i guess, intervention is imminent, and being associated with this community for a year and half, i do have faith and i respect the decision of the said community, within that said, if the support doesn't actually see to which extend, or to which subject a certain rule has to be implied, i think the people should be made aware of such cases. Sometimes even though you follow the rules and still when you get a message from support that you didn't, even though they clearly mentioned the same, and i didn't put any gleam io link in the topic, this needs an audience to decide.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

People tend to create post conclusive topics to hopefully get some form of closure. I don't blame him because he opened up to his guilt and hopefully in future he wouldn't make another mistake.
It is a good learning curve for others who do create trouble but will settle the matter in the short and long term.

5 years ago

I can understand as to why gleam io giveaways are banned here, and i respected that i removed the link, but still if they're mentioning that "two groups mentioning aren't allowed" frankly speaking, i find that kinda lost.

And also, i mentioned in the very first line that "To join this giveaway, please follow this and this group". then why is it so hard for support to notice that

5 years ago

You violated the guidelines, which this is the whole point where you just can't let tthe whole matter slip past you and say ok, i stuffed up despite admitting it and i'm trying to help you understand this.

5 years ago

Well tbh, I'm tired of explaining that my post doesn't have that disputed GLEAM link anymore, and i've already checked the guidelines 3 times before making this post. And i'm not saying that i didn't make a mistake, i did make a mistake and i corrected it within 5 minutes post intimation, and still if the support still thinks that after following the rules, they can just don't allow or impose restrictions, well then that's not true.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Well, as you can see, I'm not asking users to perform any action, but let's try rewording. maybe if that helps.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Hi there, as i said that there are giveaways which i created sometime for GROUP 1 or GROUP 2 or sometimes for both, so mentioning every now and then, i simply asked to follow both. how that can be a violation? since giveaways in the past do have only one group requirement i.e. GROUP 1 or GROUP 2 to enter.

I'm working on the rewording, and I'm gonna shuffle the lines a bit as mentioned by verveeri. in the below comment

5 years ago

Lol, it's like you've opened a store, but people don't know how to enter it? and when you mention that the front gate is there and certainly there are two front gates, sometime one is closed and another is open and vice versa, i don't see why this could even become a problem for the support.

5 years ago

because there are group-aways is okay to say you have to enter one of those to enter the giveaway. But following a curator/YouTube etc isn't necessary. People can still enter, and you have to send the gift even when the winner hasn't followed you at all.

maybe it's also a part of the phrasing. you may ask them to follow you, but you are not allowed to say it's a necessity.

As I see it, you're wrong after enter the group part.

5 years ago

Have i mention there that it's mandatory??

5 years ago

No, but you made it seem like it is mandatory by writing "Then again go to the giveaway page and you'll be able to join it." after your curator and youtube link.

5 years ago

So you're saying that i should post that line just after the 1st line? but i think the sync is a must, because if you don't force sync, you'll not be able to join the giveaway still

5 years ago

Of course syncing your SG profile is a must. You should have rearanged the lines accordingly.
You have already been suggested 1 how to do it better.
As far as I can see, everything has been said here. Why don't you close this thread to prevent further bad blood and possible blacklists.

5 years ago

Tbh simplest would have been
Join group
wait and sync so you can enter
Would be great if you would follow my curator / sub / SHASM THAT LIKE BUTTON because it helps on the long run / to make further giveaways in the future

5 years ago

"Feel free to join" would be a kind and generous approach to presenting giveaways, yourself and promoting your group.

5 years ago*

Maybe support still has faith in you to make a couple giveaways without all the drama, who knows.

5 years ago

Well i was waiting, when you're going to reply, this time i ain't using BIG FONTS :D

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

...make a couple giveaways without all the advertising

View attached image.
5 years ago

Sadly, stuff here have double standards when moderating posts, and even more, they don't follow their own rules. So, no wonder you had a problem. Long story short - there are NO legit rules on SG, only mods opinions. If you unsure - ask mods, if they allow you - do it, if they don't allow - don't do it. You will be safe this way.

BTW, you say

where i created the giveaway as INVITE ONLY

But I can see only GROUP giveaways in your profile. Did you removed the giveaways and re-created them as group ones, or information in topic is wrong?

5 years ago*

they don't follow their own rules.

Yeah there are numerous cases in the past, and I'm currently digging some to support my case in one way or another.

5 years ago

You can't support your case. Just do what mods tell you to do. Don't think about the rules, it will only give you frustration. If mods said "don't do that" - just don't.

5 years ago

Well, this is not fair i guess, i mean even though i follow the rules and act according to that, then why they'll behave that way?

5 years ago

There are two unwritten rules you need to follow. If you will act according to them, you will be safe.

1. Moderators are always right.
  2. If Moderators are wrong, see rule 1.
5 years ago

I didn't believe this one to be honest, but since the way pete behaved, i think this one stands true..
They literally don't like people who are actually giving away quality games, and sometimes i believe that nothing is free in this world and one must do atleast something so that he won't feel in debt or something like that.

But sometimes rock hits the fan and it stops moving, even though you put the rock away, still someone will throw at your head. and that's where we need to "speak-up"

5 years ago

Wrong. Nobody here will don't like you for giving away games, and you know it, all your troubles were because of advertising, not because of giveaways. And yes, nobody likes advertising here, while in some cases this is tolerated.

And you still didn't answered about your giveaways - were they invite only and then deleted, or your start post is just wrong about it?

5 years ago

Nope, my giveaways aren't invite only, they are GROUP ONLY to be precise..

5 years ago

Then mods are right about you in this case. Only requirement to enter GROUP giveaways is to be member of at least one of groups; you can't add extra requirements. So this is not the case where mods opinion is different from written rules, this is clearly the case where you don't follow those rules.

5 years ago

Well even i didn't make it like MANDATORY to follow or subscribe tbh, you can check the image by yourself

5 years ago

It really looks like mandatory, it's all about wording. I'm pretty sure I've seen in this thread multiple suggestions on how you can fix the wording so that it won't look like this, so I will not repeat it one more.

5 years ago

Here is how you fix this issue as simple as possible, please just follow it.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Meow, and that's why i like you. :)

5 years ago

5 years ago

Even without the gleam link the content of your post is written in such a way that contradicts the SG rules. A post written like talgaby suggested, somewhere above, would be acceptable, but in the form you've written it, it isn't. So i would say you are wrong here and i don't feel there is a need to overpublicize this since support members only did what is supposed to be done.
Have a great weekend! :)

5 years ago

It's been updated. check now.

5 years ago

Abrix always getting into trouble.

5 years ago

I think the trouble finds me, i guess :D

5 years ago

No, I'm pretty sure that breaking rules and being an asshole to people is something you do on your own. You should consider yourself lucky that mods are lenient enough to not permaban you over what you keep doing. Even the site admin has already gone out of his way and taken two minutes off his busy schedule to try and put you into line, clearly to no avail.

5 years ago

Damn - don't get me wrong - but someone has way too much free time on their plate. xD

5 years ago

Lol, today is Saturday.

5 years ago

As you updated this thread,

1. When they restricted me of making separate threads, though it's not against rules.

it can be considered spam and thus is against the ToS.

Considering your update, if you want to be on the safe side, put 4-6 below the giveaway table.

5 years ago

Someone who creates three or more threads to push his group and curation, every time he makes a giveaway, should be suspended for spam by the moderators. But you are still here and can still post things like this... SG is the only community I know, where you can get a suspension for posts which are 1 year+ old, but people who make support content public getting nothing.

5 years ago

Well, as i said, they didn't said that I'm spamming, even in their replies.

5 years ago

I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous. Let me remind you of something CG himself told you back in August.
https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/XCiv96J

5 years ago

He's getting the exposure he wants. Negative.

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

As i mentioned here, in the support ticket, nobody mentioned that, and if you're talking about CG, then lemme tell you, you can check my threads, and you'll know whether i followed what he said correctly or not, even you can check the statistics where I've stopped creating new threads and even stopped bumping my comment like the way i did earlier.

But this time, with this particular case, it ain't the way it should be handled, and even after making the necessary changes requested by several members here, still no response from your support in the original ticket.

Which shows your "real commitment"

Thanks

5 years ago

That would be handled by someone at a higher level than me but I'm surely glad to know it shows my "real commitment" to ya :)

And of course, you are very welcome.

5 years ago

Well, because of people like you, i still have faith in SG.

5 years ago

cg's comment: August 15th
Your threads: August 24th, August 31st

Somehow your perception seems quite focused on what you want to hear.

Have you thought about "no response" => "changes are not sufficient"?

5 years ago

Hi, could you please post the links here, of the said threads.

5 years ago

5 years ago

I've seen your comment before.

Again - no reply => probably your issues have been adressed in the past => search old threads and read all administrative infromation (e.g. FAQ, guidelines, ToS, announcements).

In my experience, self-bumps are acceptable once a day, if there is relevancy to the thread (e.g. on going giveaway event, puzzle).

If you open a group recruitment thread and nobody is bumping it, maybe your group is not sufficiently attractive.

5 years ago

You might also want to edit the descriptions of your ongoing giveaways. They read like you want to impose additional rules on the participants.

5 years ago

In case you have not read this already: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/Vn6ZQ/guidelines-update-referrals-gleam

When posting links or content, that content should not [...] encourage users through reward, or primarily exist as a traffic source for users to perform an action for promotional [...] benefit. Such actions include but are not limited to [...] following a Twitter account [...]

-

Please note, in giveaway descriptions we do allow users and developers to link to their related Steam Greenlight, group, and store pages, as well as their social media channels.

-

Users are also able to reference their group giveaways when posting in the Group Recruitment category of our forum.

5 years ago

I'm sure someone will be attending to you very soon that can take of everything that needs to be done. I hope you have a great night.

5 years ago

I think you forgot to check this comment i made

https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/EkZ5qZ8

5 years ago*

I guess I am not the only one that remembers this. I actually wanted to reply then inclusive of CG's comment. Perhaps I am "overwhelmed" to see CG actually commenting instead of a mod, even a supermod. I was going to look for the comment but it was too much a hassle. Wait, does that mean I'm being watched too?
I feel so naked now, suddenly. O_O"

5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago by Khalaq.