An email was sent out today revealing 3 of the upcoming games from May 2021 Humble Choice.

Official announcement

Bonus offer: Join Choice today and get 3 months for $9/month! Conditions apply. More info here.

πŸ“… Important dates

• πŸ’³ April 27th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• πŸ“† May 4th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

Get ready for May Choice! You’ll get to own fan favorites like Metro Exodus, Darksiders Genesis, and Hellpoint. Stay tuned for an epic lineup, coming soon!

Note: there is no mention of whether these are Steam keys or Epic Games keys (nor whether there will be a choice between both platforms)

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Metro Exodus 88% of 46475 ❀ πŸ† 39.99 CV app/412020 W M L 0* $39.99
Darksiders Genesis 85% of 5949 ❀ πŸ† 29.99 CV app/710920 W 0 $29.99
Hellpoint 79% of 1657 ❀ πŸ† 34.99 CV app/628670 W M L 0 $34.99

+ 9 more games revealed on May 4th 2021 for a total value of $260.

Retail (so far):

• $104.97
View attached image.
2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Metro Exodus has been on my wishlist, and Hellpoint looks neat. Should be my first unpause in a while =D

2 years ago

I'm in for Metro and Darksiders, don't really like the design of Hellpoint. I hope it is nothing, but i have a bad feeling with that "epic lineup".
They better give us a choice between epic and steam keys as they did so far.

2 years ago

Hm I was seeing the same thing. Could just be an unfortunate choice of words but as all three games are available on Epic and that would definitely be a way for Epic to force people to try their platform... and let's just say I don't see IGN putting up much resistance if Epic is giving them cash to advertise their store, which we know is Epic's M.O...
and it's also the last month of the 6 months for 6 bucks offer.

Oh well I guess we'll find out. Maybe I should hold on to that Darksiders Genesis steam key after all.

2 years ago

"it's also the last month of the 6 months for 6 bucks offer."
Be interesting to see what happens here. The voucher in HB says it expires 4th June (would have been the 1st Friday), but now that it's moved to Tuesday 1st of June, we may get a 7th bundle at $6? Or will they just cancel the vouchers 3 days early?

2 years ago

Hm... Great question. The discount wasn't for a specific number of bundles but for a period of time, indeed.
Knowing them, they'll probably cancel it 3 days early and say "our bad" lol but that's worth waiting for

2 years ago

that would definitely be a way for Epic to force people to try their platform

Γ„hm... they offer, if you can choose between two versions, they don't force.

2 years ago

At the moment, yes, it's still a choice. But they have had non Steam keys before and well, I wouldn't put it past Epic or IGN to pull something like that.
I think if Humble has seen enough people "choose" Epic keys since they offer the choice, they wouldn't have a problem taking money to make an Epic exclusive, or at least have the big games on Epic only.
We'll find out next week. I'm just wondering why they are announcing the bundle all of a sudden. When they do leak it tends to be to soften the grounds for a bad bundle, and these are great games.

2 years ago

They inform the people to bring their focus on a good bundle and away from the bad made slider deletion + bad PR work after it.

2 years ago

Let's hope.

2 years ago

All three is wishlisted, although I'm fairly sure I already own Metro Exodus on Epic. Looks good :) (that means the other nine games will be garbage :D)

2 years ago

3 wishlisted! Nice.

2 years ago

Already own 2 out of 3 and I'd rather not get Metro Exodus without any DLC so yet another pause for me.

Actually, since I'm here a question for the SG savvy: if I make a GA for Darksider Genesis now and it ends before next Tuesday, is it still full CV or does it get retroactively on the reduced list? I have an extra key I bought during the last sale and HB is pissing me off.

2 years ago*

It's likely it'll get backdated to this announcement.

2 years ago

It's odd though. An announcement doesn't give you keys and as long as the GA ends before the keys are delivered...

2 years ago

Because if it wouldn't, a lot of giveaways would get created (they already are btw), end before the bundle releases even, and keys would be handed out when it does, since you have a week to deliver them.

2 years ago

Yeah I guess it makes sense. Oh well. Not that I care much about CV. I'm barely halfway through level 7 and I am not running after level 8. I'm just mad for buying yet again a game on sale that gets bundled less than 2 months later so I thought might as well get some CV out of it and get the bundle but I guess I'll pause.

2 years ago

Good to mention. Those DLC-problems occur every now and then. You think "wow, nice bundle, cheap, gotta take it", afterwards you're waiting for the Season Passes to drop in their price dramatically... :/

2 years ago

Humble's choice for the bigger games in the monthly tend to steer themselves toward games with lots of DLC to buy in the Humble Store. So yeah the bundle is cheap but sometimes if you only are interested in the bigger games, it's worth waiting for the complete/ultimate/gold edition to drop in price on sale.

2 years ago

You're absolutely right. Even though sometimes the DLCs are worth the money and you are well doing with just the base game.

2 years ago

I see that all the games have been added to bundle list, but i remember before they only added them with the date when bundle started. Also long ago one of the support members explained to me that the only important thing is the start date of the GA for CV, not the end date :)

2 years ago

Let's hope it's not going to be an "epic bundle" or they'll have to get all these back to the unbundled list lol

2 years ago

I guess that would be an epic lol πŸ˜‚

2 years ago

They have only to hit one "mark", in their database, so not much work for the support members.

2 years ago

If they weren't crawling under tickets lol but yeah I see what you mean. I was just wondering about the wisdom of doing it in advance of the actual bundle. Let's hope I'm all wrong though.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

I know, right? That DLC alone is worth the price difference!
I have been holding out on the base game despite good deals because buying the DLC separately would just be way more expensive but tbh it might even be worth it.

Besides there should be a good sale for the Metro Exodus - Gold Edition soon enough (usually happens a bit after the game is bundled on HB, right?) :))

Haha fingers crossed! and yeah it does.

2 years ago

Shenmue III "Deluxe Edition" is on sale on Humble, coincidentally lol and wow the DLC really dont look worth a buy but yeah it's HB's MO.

2 years ago

This bundle doesn't look bad, although I have it all.
I think I will be trading a lot.

2 years ago

Well i have hellpoint and ds genesis wishlisted. Metro i already have...

2 years ago

This is a great lineup already, but we all know why they're splurging on this one. It coincides with the fine print that only 5% goes to charity now. Granted the charities are of their own choosing and are likely all Dem money funneling operations. So the less to them, the better.

2 years ago*

Deleted

2 years ago

I wouldn't care if charity wasn't involved at all, as long as it's advertised/promoted appropriately.

2 years ago

Dem money funneling operation?

2 years ago

don't mind him, he's one of those people

2 years ago

I'll buck the trend and say I'm not interested in any of these. lol
Actually, Darksiders as an iso action game instead of TPS might actually work for me.
Good deal, I'll wait for the full reveal, hopefully they have some nice little indies, which is usually all I end up playing anyway.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

If Darksiders and Metro will have Global keys here (SEA) for gifting and if the rest of the titles are interesting then i might pick it up.

2 years ago

If I have the classic plan for $12/mo how do I take advantage of the 3 for $9 without losing my $12 plan?

2 years ago

You can't really. The offer is for new customers only.
With a high risk of getting your main account banned, you can of course make a new account and pause your main one for the next 3 months. I strongly suggest not doing this because Humble is known to ban accounts using a combination of same payment method / same ip / maybe same name for the payment and who knows what other factors.

2 years ago

It seems there are different conditions available as I got one for my paused classic plan. (Unfortunately they messed something up in my case and now I'm in support hell -.-)

View attached image.
2 years ago

In my case DMs to https://twitter.com/humblesupport always gave 10x times boost in resolving my ticket.

Customers in Russia or in China are not eligible.

Sounds a bit racist. Since prices are the same as for other countries (with the exception of Humble's exchange rates - they don't match current exchange rates).

2 years ago

They were actually pretty fast with their first response but unfortunately it didn't solve my issue :/
(The coupon didn't activate and I got charged the regular 12$)
Well, I hope I can still get the discount somehow since I usually don't receive those offers :)

Edit: Support was very nice and I got it now :3

2 years ago*

That isn't racist, i think it is very easy to explain.
In russia and china will be VPN's used.
And if i am not wrong, i am not 100% sure, are trade restrictions active against china, that force US companies to exclude them (or?). Maybe that are active against russia too (?)

2 years ago

Yeah, agree with you. Maybe word "racist" is wrong. I'm far from politics, but sometimes I feel like US fighting for equal rights in the wrong way. For some reason "equal" don't apply to all groups/countries - they always want to make some group "special".
But anyways HB brings good stuff for everyone even with these restrictions.

2 years ago

Yes, the equal rights for different groups are, mostly but not always, only that one group have more rights as the other one(s).

And the USA are a special case in general.
Their "equal rights" mean "America first".

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Ok, I’ll not mess with my subscription in that case. Saving $9 isn’t worth the risk. Thanks!

2 years ago

This time it might be different, check Garandro's post above.

2 years ago

finally can complete my metro collection lol, I was hoping it was gonna be the one last month when there was an april fools one for april.

2 years ago

Metro has been on my wishlist since coming out. So that's cool.

Other two look good, but not my style. So not overly excited, but definitely seems cool. If other reveals will include something for my style I might just get this one.

2 years ago

Well, I may got for it, if there are enough leftovers I can sell for 2 bucks.
12 - 4 "don't pause coupon" = 8, I need to resell for 2 bucks so I don't pay more than 6. They excluded me from the 6$/6month offer, I prefer to buy the games I want at full price than giving them a cent more. Yes, I can be stubborn when I feel like it.

2 years ago

I don't want to be the guy, but selling the keys is against ToS and can get your HB account banned and the keys revoked.

2 years ago

Thanks for the warning, I'm already aware of that. Since their TOS is illegal regarding EU laws, I just don't care :) But I will make sure there's no unrevealed key left in my account before doing it, of course.

2 years ago

2 years ago

Haha thanks for the link, I didn't see that news.

2 years ago

Who receives those mails? I didn't and I am getting mails from humble...

2 years ago

I received. Maybe you turned off some types of emails from HB. My preferences:

View attached image.
2 years ago

Could be. I will have a look at it.

2 years ago

Well seeing this line up.
I think the entitlement comments from the regulars are going to be on a low burn this month.

2 years ago

Looks really good imo

2 years ago

damn good...if only they accept paysafe..damn..metro and hellpoint are so yummy...uff

2 years ago

Wooo Darksiders Genesis AND (more importantly) Hellpoint? For 8 USD thanks to an "unpause please" coupon? Mine, mine immediately!

2 years ago

Metro looks good, probably I'm in

2 years ago

If that true then I'm in REAL trouble. Both I AND my RL friend want Metro Exodus and he won't buy the choice. He doesn't do those things so I end up trading for things.

This will NOT be a tradable game with what I have left.

2 years ago

well to be honest i hope he does get the game but really i don't because if he is too tight to pay $9 for these games he can go without (i won't be wanting mine and i have honestly never liked the series - yet to see anything i would buy the bundle for myself)

i hope i did not say anything to upset you - i really do hope you end up with another copy

2 years ago*

You said nothing to upset me. Another reason he won't buy it because he just got a high end mac and Metro now supports Catalina. So him buying the bundle for that only is moot anyway.

I actually don't mind trading things for him anyway. I can get rid of some choice games I don't want that way and help him out at the same time.

2 years ago

added to my white list

2 years ago

I'm with wiggle up there. Why are you in trouble? If he won't buy it, well, then he doesn't want it that bad, right?

2 years ago

thanks - i agree it is very low cost

2 years ago

I really want to play these games in the package, I hope I can one day.

2 years ago

can't you buy this bundle when it comes out?

2 years ago

unfortunately no, i'm broken

2 years ago

oh sorry to hear that

2 years ago

Looks good

2 years ago

I already paid for the April Choice. Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel the current Choice subscription and then subscribe again using this new coupon (so the discount would start from the May Choice, rather than the April one)? It was possible for the previous coupon, so I wonder if it's possible this time too.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.