So here we are at the close of another year. So, as usual, I got to wondering (AKA being nosy) as to what the people (at least I hope you are) of SG thought some of the best games of 2022 that you played.

Now keep in mind that these do not only have to be on steam nor do they been have to have come out in 2022. They could have been a backlogged from 12/35 years ago. Plus you don't have to have beaten the game yet. You could still be playing it now.

So to get started -
Elden Ring (of course almost 700 hours and counting)
Sunset Overdrive ( I can NOT recommend this game enough to people it's just THAT DAMNED GOOD)
Dead Cells
Resident Evil Village

Edit- Just added in that Life doesn't count as for some of us it's not a great game.

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Hell Let Loose (absolutely love this game, an easy top choice. thanks humble bundle)
High On Life (via Xbox Game Pass, one of the funniest games i've ever played)
Gotham Knights (haven't logged more than a few hours so far but easily a great story so far)
Partisians 1941 (refreshing take in the ww2 rts style)
Star Wars The Old Republic (played it for 3 months and it became my most played game on Steam all time lmao)
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (sweet, sweet sweet nostalgia, yeah)

1 year ago

Road 96

1 year ago

Ghostwire; Tokyo was my favorite surprise of the year. i thought it looked cool and was interested in playing it, but didn't expect it to be so much fun. definitely top of my list as Best.

1 year ago

Borderlands 3! I finally bought Super Deluxe Edition in a bundle, after trying god knows how many giveaways for it, and I've been playing it a ton. I've played it for 60 hours so far this month and am close to done with my first playthrough. I'll probably play it for at least another few hundred before I give it a rest. It's that good. I love that farming for gear isn't a pain in the ass. In fact, legendary items spawn like mad, so the only challenge is getting something with perfect parts. I've been fighting in the Slaughter Shaft, and the loot is nice. The slaughter is even nicer, though.

I also really like Beat Hazard 3. I haven't played it quite as much, but it's still been fun. I especially like the daily challenges and the ships you get from them. There are even challenges every few hours! And I've been having fun with The Turing Test, but I haven't played it as much. I love a good puzzle game, and first-person stuff comes naturally to me.

There's also The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series. I finally got around to playing through the seasons I missed out on, and they were so good. I even enjoyed replaying the stuff I already beat. As much as one can enjoy the trauma of watching their favorite characters die or almost die. One "death" was so obviously gonna happen, and then NOPE. Not that I mind...

1 year ago

Some games i really enjoy this year and who come in mind directly :)
(no specifics order)

Tinykin
Best Month Ever!
Dying Light 2 Stay Human
Wavetale
Isle of Arrows
Hard West 2
TOEM
APICO
Fate of Kai
Raft
ABZU
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

1 year ago

well, I think I should really thank everyone who's at least somehow involved with PAGYWOSG before I start here, as if it wasn't for them I'd have probably played less than half the ammount of games I've actually played (and finished!) and I'd probably not remember half of them anyway...
Now that was a fruitfull year when it comes to gaming for me and I could be sitting here listing dozens of great games but I've given it a bit of a thought and decided to pick just a few that mattered the most.
So my top games of 2022, in no particular order were:

• Hob - my PAGYWOSG January pick. An absolutely gorgeous action filled adventure

• Dex - my PAGYWOSG choice for December (still working on this one but I should be done before the end of the year) I love how this End of the Year pick stands in stark contrast to the Year's Beggining. While Hob is extremly beautiful, Dex looks like a bargain bin sidescroller trash at a first glance (but I has a lot of character and nice art one you get to looking more). While Hob tells an awesome story without any words, Dex stands tall on tons of (fully voiced!) dialogue! While Hob shines brightly, Dex is rough gem hidden in a cyberpunk dystopia. I could go on like that forever but I think I made a point already. And maybe these two couldn't get any more different from each other they are both great games and I'm gratefull I could have experienced both of them this year.

• Path of Exile - my love, my guilty pleasure, my addiction. now in any other case I'd skip this one, since I've been playing it almost constantly albeit with breaks of various lenghts for the past few years 2,235.4 hrs on record and still counting, but given the rules here and the fact that I've spent a fair chunk of my gaming time this year with it I think PoE deserves a mention here.

• Escape Academy - I've done this one in co-op with a bff of mine. Now I could make a whole other list of awesome games I ran with them, but I want to keep this already superlengthy post somewhat concise, so let's just say that it had the biggest impact so I'm putting it as co-op of the year Door Kickers Action Squad come as a very close 2nd place :D

Now before just briefly mentioning some Honourable Mentions that narrowly missed the cut I kinda want to bring up one "dishonourable mention" aka "The Game I Most Wanted to Like but Couldn't" - Dying Light. Man I had so much going for it - made by my beloved Techland, Overwhelmingly Positive reviews on Steam, Parkour. What's not to like? I hated every single second of the 24+ hours I gave it and it wasn't just because of the constant crashes I was getting :(

Anyway to end on a positive note the Hounourable Mentions I alluded to: Half-Life - now I know why it's a cult classic and I agree, Pikuniku, Puzzle Agent, Terraria - I just launched it for a few minutes and never got past the main menu but it still counts, right? Never too much love for Terraria <3

whew! made it in under 10 games and within the character limit. I'd consider it a success :)

EDIT: ooh, Steam replay came, and well, it confirms, I play a lot of PoE:

View attached image.
1 year ago*

Happy Cakeday!

1 year ago

thank you :)

1 year ago

Happy cake day!

1 year ago

happy cakeday! :D

1 year ago

Whoa, it was mine too? No kidding... Thank you though! :)

1 year ago

Aww that's too bad Dying Light didn't work out for you, I really enjoyed it. There's nothing quite like getting caught outdoors away from safety as night falls.

1 year ago

Necesse Open world colony thingy.
Dinkum Aussie world village thingy.
The Planet Crafter The Martian simulator.
MewnBase The Martian simulator but with a space cat instead of Matt Damon. It doesn't get regular updates and has some audio issues.
My Time at Sandrock Preserve water!
Songs of Syx I tried the demo, which is the full version without the last few updates, and I will have a conversation with my backlog and decide if I will buy it in 2023.

1 year ago

Black Mesa
GTA IV
A Plague Tale: Innocence
HITMAN (2016)

1 year ago

My favorite was Metroid Dread. I'd say it even surpassed my previous fav 2D Metroid, Zero Mission, which is saying something since I've loved that game for a long time now.

Still like the Prime games more, though.

Other ones that are worth mentioning are Zeroranger, which is an extremely cool shmup, Return of the Obra Dinn (only criticism I have for it is that it's a bit shorter than I expected), and Russian Subway Dogs, which is a very good, chaotic and cute as fuck score attack game.

1 year ago

Inscryption. No doubts.

1 year ago

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
Prey

These two games only in 2022. It's problem of free time for blockbusters. But I like way of Resident Evil series. 7 was just old ones even with FPS-mechanics. Slow-paced horror in first half of game and then action. Good Style.
Prey was somethnig like this new FPS-genre, but to be sincere, it's about all genres. Not immersive or sim-one, but DIY-games with lots of craft and farming. Yes, it's more about crafting and farming, and using everything for that. But I've spent many hours in this game.

Disco Elysium
Oh, one love. Absolutely brilliant, even if all specific features are just well-known mechanics, but in new image. Wonderful.

1 year ago

Lobotomy Corporation. It is such a great management game and I really like it's story.
I also started Elden Ring.

1 year ago

Anno 1800
Marvel's Midnight Suns
Victoria 3
Path of Exile
Cyberpunk 2077

1 year ago

Stalking this discussion like a pro and increasing my wishlist.
(ு८ு_ .:)

1 year ago

I really enjoyed and cant wait for next update of V Rising (solo and coop)
Hunt Showdown (coop) and
Subnautica below zero (solo)

1 year ago

Got totally hooked on Ring of Pain this year. Such a fun game to pick up and play and the various modes bring a lot of replay value.

1 year ago

Arc Rise Fantasia

1 year ago

Scorn (My Game Of The Year)
Tunic
Gunfire Reborn (Via Xbox Game Pass)
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Resident Evil Village

1 year ago

Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Persona 5 Royal
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Judgement
Dead Rising 3

1 year ago

1 year ago

Listing my top five, apologies for little bit of a text wall.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
I own a handful of AC games but I've never bought any of them, they've all been given away for free and I've just squirreled them away, meaning to eventually to get around to playing the franchise. This spring Odyssey had a free weekend, and I had to try it then. Absolutely fantastic, loved the world a whole lot even if the overarching plot went over my head. I often managed to scrounge up enough time during free weekends to beat the game but with Odyssey that was impossible as I kept getting sidetracked and just enjoyed the scenery. Despite my previous conviction to just wait until Ubisoft gives away an AC game for free, I ended up buying Odyssey on Steam (from a sale ofc) because I felt that it was truly worth it. But ironically I haven't played it since the free weekend, so it's just sitting in my library completely untouched from there. Oh well!

Far Cry 5
I had heard a ton of complaints about this one before getting into it so I was bracing myself for a poor experience. I loved 3 and 4, and seeing 5 was based around a cult did not excite me one bit. I suspect going in with my expectations lowered helped me enjoy this game a lot more than I would've otherwise, but I really did have a fantastic time. It isn't perfect, there's certainly some points to complain about but overall I was having a great time with the companions and 3 out of 4 villains. I'd say my personal biggest gripe is the canon ending, which I outright hate and try to ignore in my head while still continuing to appreciate the rest of the game.

Quantum Break
I admit I'm not much of a time travel enthusiast, but when it works it works. The plot of this game isn't perfect, not by a long shot, but what matters to me is that I had a good time. Lots of familiar actors and while I see plenty of players complain about the cinematic sections, those were actually my favorite. It's such a shame that this game didn't do well so we are unlikely to receive a sequel, but I wish Remedy would try this gameplay+FMV style of game once more.

Lake
Extremely chill game, positively mundane. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the idea, the soundtrack and the setting. The quiet town was truly idyllic and I may have picked out what house I'd personally love to live in if I was there, haha. On the downside the plot was very basic, there wasn't much actual life in the town aside from a handful of NPCs and also there were couple gameplay glitches, but I'm completely willing to overlook those complaints in order to just appreciate the vibes this game brought with it. I don't want to see a direct sequel to this, but I hope the game did well enough that the developers might make a spiritual successor in a different picturesque location.

Unavowed
What a sleeper gem! I stumbled on it by accident and thought it looked like some other pixel detective games I had played and had a nice time with, so I figured I'd get this one too. It was great, I really enjoyed how fleshed out the characters were and the story ended up being quite compelling. Looking forward to replaying it to see something different.

1 year ago

World of warcraft ;D

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.