Didn't find anything here about it, so here you go. This will change a little game graphics.

Edit:
Here are some demos for the RTX along with some new trailers for upcoming games.
According to Nvidia this is the result of 10 years of work, trial and error, so this is just the start of companies embracing the new tech. For now RTX cards are expensive, but in the fast evolving world of technology, arguably it will be soon overshadowed by the 3080 or, why not, some new AMD cards, for the sake of competition.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I thought the presentation was good, but those prices are a little beyond what I'm willing to spend on one. I'm really excited to see how well they perform when reviewed though. Yayyyyyyyy technology.

5 years ago

do i want one? yes
do i need one? who cares?
will i get one? meh, last time i checked i didn't poop money so i guess not.

also i care about more fps and not so much about black magic ray-tracing.

5 years ago*

There are already sites listing 2080Ti for 1737 USD, here in sweden.

🙄

5 years ago

I thought it would use an Islamic country's currency at this point.

5 years ago

🙄 Watch a lot of Dumb-Numb-News do we?

5 years ago

It's a joke. One of the memes about Sweden and I thought it would travel there. Sorry for that.

5 years ago

Alrighty then. Jokes are jokes. All good 👍
I wish it was just a meme. Usually people are dead serious ^_^ Getting so tired of it.

I'm sorry as well then. Tired and cranky.

More cowbell ! ✌

5 years ago

My GPU died today and I think it's time to build a complete new rig anyway but maaan, couldn't my GPU have survived for the next two months at least :/
Probably gonna get myself a 2080 later but a cheap used card has to suffice until then.

5 years ago

Send me some of that New-Rig-Money will ye? 👍

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

For this price, I better see it hit 1440p@120fps. So much new tech these last couple of years that getting a new computer will do better than a new GPU for next year.

5 years ago

Sorry, it only supports playing at 640x480 at 20fps, but reflections will be super nice! :p

5 years ago

loool bro you nailed

5 years ago

What's the difference between GTX and RTX? Is it just the branding?

5 years ago

RTX means it supports the new Raytracing system, and is replacing GTX on all cards going forward by the looks of it.

5 years ago

I'm not sure, so far we don't have any lower budget cards, maybe they won't have the RTX core.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Wait for crypto miners

5 years ago

MSRP 1080 ti vs MSRP 2080 ti = +300 USD
are they CRAZY ?!?!

Those prices are bullshit

This is what happens when a company has no competition. These are Nvidia launch prices. Each line shows the last 3 generations of the same model (70, 80, 80 ti, Titan). Maybe Intel will release their GPUs in 2020 and be competitive enough to put an end the these ridiculous prices because it doesn't look like AMD is doing much.
(970 - $330) (1070 - $450) (2070 - $600)
(980 - $550) (1080 - $700) (2080 - $800)
(980 ti - $650) (1080 ti - $700) (2080 ti - 1200)
(Titan X - $1000) (Titan Xp - $1200) (Titan V - $3000)

Jeez, stop comparing 1080 Ti and 2080 Ti prices. Does anyone even looked live event?
2070 perf > Titan Xp perf
2070 costs 50% less then Titan. Stop whining

5 years ago*

and what you thing in future the 5080 ti it will cost 2200$ ?
and the 8080 ti 5000$?
this is madness ...
after that we will hope to get this 2080 ti at 1000$

5 years ago*

Inflation does it's job. If it will costs 2200 in year 2028, it would not so expensive as todays 2200

5 years ago

no bro is not the currencys the problem is how much we value things as ppl if we think all together that the Gpu is worth 100k$ it will happen.Is not the production cost

5 years ago

Ofcourse there are waiting lot of 10*0's to be sold.

But if AMD did not have Ryzen, AMD would be f*cked

5 years ago

sure AMD is need it and other 5 company's to made competition ... look the android competition ... is far more better

5 years ago

What inflation? The 1080 Ti was announced and launched last year. You seriously want to tell us that the USD suffered a miraculous 15-40% inflation since 2017 that everyone but Nvidia missed? Because last time I checked, while USD inflation was rather high, it was still under 3%.
The 1000-series intro price was also way too high, but at least enough people convinced themselves that it took a long time to develop the new architecture (which is suspiciously similar to the old one with slightly better clock rates) and it warranted the new series intro price, but this is way beyond that now. It is more like testing the lengths some people would go to get this year's new and slightly better models that have a new gimmick.

5 years ago

What inflation?

Well, salaries rises and so as other products costs more

.. and you'll get problably 15-40% more perf

5 years ago

+15-40% performance increase is normal between GPU line/generation releases. Has been normal for quite some time now, this is the reason people usually buy the new generation. But we rarely (if ever) saw such a drastic increase in price between two generations. AMD's Vega cards were a big step up as well (and even journalists said to wait until they drop back to the range of the previous release prices), but not by this margin.

5 years ago

Well, let's wait for reviews :)

5 years ago

Miki...that figure of 2070 going more than Titan - in normal gaming - it's not supported nor verified
once I see the REAL fps of a 2070 in games with no raytrace (witcher 3, gtaV, hitman...) then we can really compare

if the CEO was intending that Titan goes like 2070 in raytracing...who cares !!!

5 years ago

Titan goes like 2070 in raytracing...who cares !!!

1st raytracing game available on september
I think if someone tries that, you'll never want to go back

View attached image.
5 years ago

Honestly it didn't seem that much of a difference. Yes, reflections, better lightning, but it is really that of a game-changing experience? I think that most people will just forget about it while playing.

5 years ago

I think that most people will just forget about it while playing.

Well, why people play with ultra settings anyway.. To see better graphics

Another news..

NVIDIA is listing 21 Games with RTX Support

Ark: Survival Evolved
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Atomic Heart (2019)
Battlefield V
Control
Dauntless
In Death
Enlisted
Final Fantasy XV
The Forge Arena
Fractured Lands
Hitman 2
Justice
JX3
Mechwarrior V: Mercenaries
Metro Exodus
PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds
Remnant from the Ashes (2019)
Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
We Happy Few

5 years ago*

That will be true for quite a few games that will release with RTX support. Especially the early ones. But I have to be honest, the Battlefield V demo was really impressive. If it's in the game like that, you won't forget it while playing. You will constantly see the result of the added raytracing everywhere, and it will be glorious. ^^

5 years ago

That was a technical demo. Better not trust it too much

5 years ago

Sure, that's why I said "IF it's in the game...". Nonetheless, raytracing actually is the future. And even if the first games might very well be disappointing, we will see it more and more.

5 years ago

nor verified

Not yet
but
https://youtu.be/Mrixi27G9yM?t=1h21s

UE4 Inflitrator demo RTX2080Ti vs GTX1080Ti, UHD & AA (DLSS vs TAA) 78fps vs 30fps ("thirty something" - J.H.).

5 years ago

Sorry I'm not up to speed with this whole thing. Is RTX a new series of cards or did Nvidia rename their GTX series?

5 years ago

They renamed them. GTX is is either being retired, or possibly will be used for their lower end cards (we don't really have a clear answer from NVIDIA yet).

EDIT: To clarify, this is the next generation of Geforce cards, but instead of using 'GTX' as part of the name they decided to use 'RTX'. It's meant to emphasize the fact that they now have dedicated raytracing hardware.

5 years ago*

no, change GTX to RTX by the use of ray tracing technology:

"Ray tracing is the definitive solution for lifelike lighting, reflections, and shadows, offering a level of realism far beyond what’s possible using traditional rendering techniques. Turing is the first GPU capable of real-time ray tracing".

NVIDIA TURING

5 years ago

Yes, but we don't know if the raytracing tech will be in all cards going forward. They may very well omit that feature in their lower spec cards. If the lower end cards don't use it, then they likely wouldn't use the RTX label either. Though of course they may also go the GTX/GT route and just use 'RT' instead of 'RTX'.

Again, this stuff is all up in the air until NVIDIA has said otherwise.

5 years ago*

Either way, the RTX cards are not merely renamed GTX. They have a new GPU and this new raytracing chip, so the answer to CynicalSteve's question should definitely be yes, it's a new series.

5 years ago

I edited my above post to clarify. I didn't mean they were rebranding existing cards, I meant they were using a new brand for their newer cards in order to emphasize they now have dedicated raytracing hardware. Really, they could have done the same when they introduced CUDA or incorporated PhysX.

5 years ago

I would prefer some technology to make current card (like 1080ti) cheaper. But things like this never happen (

5 years ago

they are only high prices for lack of competition and trying to sell the existence of the 10XX at the same current price.

next year AMD will launch its Navi cards, according to the reports, these cards would have the same performance as the current 1080 with support to raytracing and a cost of 250 dollars.

just wait until march when there is competition in the market to buy at the best price. will pass the same as with the processors when intel sold processors of 8 cores to $ 1000 for lack of competition and now with the arrival of the ryzen we can buy processors of 8 cores to $200.

5 years ago*

That prices is very crazy seriously i thinking go on Console, seriously.....

5 years ago

2070 general performance will be better than 1080ti right?

5 years ago

Highier than a Titan V according to Nvidia.

5 years ago

only in ray tracing

5 years ago

The 2070 has 3GB less VRAM, and only 2304 CUDA cores vs the 1080Tis 3584. It's unclear how much the tensor cores will help general performance (we'll have to wait for benchmarks) but I'd guess it'll generally perform closer to a regular 1080 then a 1080ti. That's of course not counting any new games that end up using ray tracing.

5 years ago*

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080ti-unable-to-run-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-with-60fps-at-1080p-with-rtx-on/

I though it will work badly in games that weren't made for it. Wonder how it will work in games that were created with ray tracking and optimized for Nvidia cards. Like hairworks or physX

5 years ago

Until I see some benchmarks, I'm not certain that is worth upgrading from my current 1070 to a new RTX 2070.

5 years ago

I'd like to pass turing cards and next generation consoles
Nothing impressive

5 years ago

My suspicion is that normal game performance would only be improved only by a little (maybe 10% ish?), and the main difference would be the ray tracing capabilities. Which explains the absence of real world benchmark comparison during the launch, and if you listen to what Jensen was saying on stage, they were very carefully worded marketing buzz words. "2070 is 50% faster than 1080ti at ray tracing" for example.

Would be a shame though since I had to buy a 1070 card (old one literally burned >.>) back in June with half a mind to upgrade to the new 1180/2080 series end of the year when they launched. But at that price to performance increase ratio (albeit still a speculation on my part), yeesh. Still love to be proven wrong come end of the next month.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

I hope you will still be happy with your card in 2030

5 years ago

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago*

LOL, good one. Funny enough is your 'Comparison Index' is pretty representative of the way how many buyers actually perceive naming conventions despite being nothing more than marketing stunts.

5 years ago

Nice :).

5 years ago

Is it safe to say the real difference between a 1080 ti and 2080 ti will be small, and the next generation will be really more of a difference?

5 years ago

Yeah if you are planning to buy a gpu stick with the 1080 ti. 2080 ti main's purpose is the raytracing technology but at this point it seems like a early access gpu that costs 1200 euros. The benchmarks with raytracing enabled had really low fps.

5 years ago

Thanks, well that could still be fixed with updates, but just raytracing alone wouldn't be a seller (for me).

5 years ago

Yea I'm going to agree with TheFighter3647 ; if you have a 1080ti I'd skip this new generation. The raytracing tech is neat, but it's still only the first generation.

5 years ago*

I got neither actually and am running on onboard graphics of a coffee lake atm (i play alot of indie games so i can handle it), i need to wait for money to come in again and save up enough before i could buy a card, and while money would still be tight i wouldn't mind splurging for a 2080 TI, but it seems more sense atm to just go for a 1080 TI (and perhaps get VR).

I borrowed my dad's 1070 TI for a bit and was neat, and i could still borrow it, but wanted him to keep it because my case is like 20kg and else the switching each time seemed troublesome..

5 years ago*

Yes exactly stick with the 10th generation of gpus. At this point they know that they can do whatever the heck they want because of the monopoly so doubling the price and adding a new feature that isnt even close to being stable and usable is the way to go.
If you new technology dips frequently below 30 fps then the price is pretty much a donation at the pockets of nvidia.

5 years ago

what a nice upgrade to run idlemaster :O

View attached image.
5 years ago

I've read it's optimised for ASF.

5 years ago

Idle 5x faster with tensa cores!

5 years ago

how many carddrops are needes to buy a GPU?
and would nvidia trade cardz for GPUs?

5 years ago

But I only have 7 dollars...

5 years ago

That won't get you more than 5 Kilo-Rays.

5 years ago

😃

View attached image.
5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.