-Final Fantasy XV

-The Last of Us Remastered

-The Last Guardian

-Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection + A Thief's End

-Dragon Quest Builders

And the upcoming:

-Crash Bandicoot Remastered Collection

-Dragon Quest XI

UPDATE: I have embraced the peasantry, forgive me lord Gaben for I have sinned.

Bonus Giveaway

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Should I buy a PS4?

View Results
Hell's yeah!
No you filthy console peasant!
I am a potato and what is this?

hell yeah, go for it, i have both pc and ps4 and i am enjoying playing on both, but still most of the time i am playing on pc

7 years ago

I understand wanting to play exclusives, and I don't regret buying a PS4 at all, but saying you're bored of PC games sounds like you're just bored of games in general. There's way too many games on PC to just be bored of them.

7 years ago

^this

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

Agreed.

7 years ago

And you are a "potato" too

7 years ago

the best answer

7 years ago

Maybe it's because I don't have the latest games on PC, I think those PS4 titles might entertain me more than the handful of games I usually play on PC (Rust, League of Legends, Overwatch, sometimes Spelunky)

7 years ago

If you only play those kind of games on PC, then perhaps you could consider getting a less expensive PC setup and then you can easily afford both the PC and the PS4. A 1070 for those games is really an overkill.

7 years ago

Why not, um, get a/some newer game/s then?

I currently play The Division and it's quite cool. Wasn't able to run anything newer like that for years until upgrading my GPU recently.

7 years ago

Well...then you're missing out on some great PC games, probably, and steam sales will always be cheaper than PSN sales. If you wanna play those PS4 games, I can confirm most of them are great.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

There were talks at E3 that FFXV might be released on pc on a later date, but don't know anything about the other titles. Well if you have the money id say go for it ;).

7 years ago

It will probably be released towards the end of this year after Final Fantasy XII

7 years ago

Considering that a PS4 is half the price of a GTX1070, it's probably worth it for you.

7 years ago

The answer is always "no" as long Sony never makes consoles backwards compatible to older games. That this can be possible we saw when fat lady PS3 was able to play PS2 games.

7 years ago

but they want to make dis money

7 years ago

But we are not at Wunschkonzert.

7 years ago

the P in playstation stands for ponyhof
i dont think that there will be any backwards compatibility anymore, since there is the opportunity to sell them again. i think too that it's a shame and sony couldn't be greedier...

7 years ago

If they finally stay on the same architecture (CPU types), which is fairly likely, then it will be possible, at least.

7 years ago

can't you emulate anything? i mean it's possible on pc too, i don't know anything but don't you just need a virtual machine and it would be fine to emulate?
i recently read about running windows xp on android devices, which is the same problem isn't it? i mean the cpu architecture which causes the need of virtual machine and emulation.

7 years ago

Limited performance is the biggest issue, games need all speed they can get, + software complexity way higher with differing architecture.

PS3 CPU simply is way too unusual compared to currently used ones.

7 years ago

Are you bored of videogames and you want to spent a bunch of dollars in more videogames?

My answer is no, a console is not going to solve anything. At least you'll get a guilty feeling and you force yourself to play and enjoy because you spent a lot of money in nothing :(

7 years ago

YES ! A true savant's answer !
Better to invest money in Whiskey And Girls B-) go out together @ Cinema watch movies ,etc ,get a room...oh wait.

7 years ago

I'm sorry but I don't know what's the point of your sarcastic response. Having a 1070 or "PC" videogames has nothing to do with being bored of videogames and buying a... Well, I don't get the point to re-write everything.

7 years ago

It's not sarcastic !think about it. It ain't all about games,as you and i said :D finding meaning in life doesn't usually work when simply switching from pc to casual amateur consolez -.- :D instead he could go @ night clubs / do skydiving , skiing , / surfing / snowboarding / idk ,lots of things :P to get out of said boredom.
A gamer that can afford gtx 1070 gaming pc should be able to afford dating,getting a family etc AND one that already has a family etc would never get bored/out of things to do IRL and ask such a question :D.

But gaming-wise it can also help doing local co-op 2-4 players games , in both pc and crappy thing called consoles -.- ^_^

Anyway, rather than buying crappy ps4 he could get nice presents & going out on dates with date he/she likes :P
Best investment is in people. And good friendships last forever :D

7 years ago

Yeah, it's what I'm afraid of, but the titles sound so good to pass up on. I don't actually own many next gen PC games (except Overwatch) so it might be why I'm bored of the games I have.

7 years ago

Yes. PS4 is a good investment for now because it's nnewest model had a somewhat recent release, plus it has lots of exclusives that Xbox doesn't get, and PS4 in general is a good console. There are other nifty exclusives you may or may not like, such as Ratchet & Clank series, too. And if getting a PS4, definitely get the Uncharted Trilogy + IV if you can, all of them are amazing games!

7 years ago

What about THESE CONSOLE-ONLY :( games?
The Darkness 1
the Inamous series
the Uncharted series
Fable 2 ( someone in EVE online told me he emulates and plays this on PC ?Wat?..how :O )
God of War
Bloodborne
that new horror game with Hayden Panettiere forgot name :D
The Last of Us
and 1 more game similar to the last of us forgot name
those pretty much it, + maybe some u wrote :D

7 years ago

Fable 2 ( someone in EVE online told me he emulates and plays this on PC ?Wat?..how :O )

That's impossible... for now: https://github.com/xenia-project/game-compatibility/issues/205

7 years ago

Man Fable 2 was the shit.

7 years ago

Microshit sucks..i mean MIcrosoft :) even if htey fired Lionhead studios to cover their mistakes lol :D most gamers dont realise how outrageous this shit is -.- DISCONTINUING FRANCHISES :D
The Darkness 1 when 2 is on pc and steam :)
fable 2 when 1 &3 a re on pc and steam etc....
mass effect 3 + dead space 3 + dragonage2&3 on origin only-.- :D outrageous.

7 years ago

Fable 3 got removed, due gfwl junk..

7 years ago

The horror game's name is Until Dawn I believe :)

7 years ago

Might as well get a copy of Nier Automata just to be sure.

7 years ago

Buy a PS4 Pro then!

7 years ago

If you wanted to buy a PS4 for the exclusives, go for it but if you are just bored of PC games, you might be playing too many games, take a break and try something else for a while, go binge watch tv shows and movies or something.

7 years ago

I have a GTX 1070 Gaming PC but I'm bored of PC games.

Meanwhile, I'm playing Dishonored 2 on lowest setting and get 20 FPS.

View attached image.
7 years ago

I can relate :(

7 years ago

you have Dishonored 2?

7 years ago

Yes, I've played it with my excretory R9 270. Sometimes the frames dropped as low as 2 FPS in certain scenarios.
I recently acquired a GTX1070, but I haven't had a chance to try Dishonored 2 again.

7 years ago

so lucky O_O
Have fun with the 1070 ^^

7 years ago

:)
What PC do you have?

7 years ago

Radeon HD 7790 1 GB with a Dual Core :P

Didn't expect much to play "bigger" game very smoothly but they are reliable :P

7 years ago

At least you can play games like Dishonored 2. I have a Geforce 6100 xDD

7 years ago

Which game can you play with the GPU?

7 years ago

Practically just indies (and older games). It has 128MB VRAM and that limits a lot.

But it's way better than PS2 xD

7 years ago

Yes I guess there are a lot of good indie games such as Undertale or some platformers which you can play with the card.

Or if you like visual novel genre which PC has quite a lot to choose from. :)

7 years ago

Yes, visual novels is one of my favorite genres.

I can play 30% of the Steam games with this GPU. For me it's great that Steam accepts so many indies :D

7 years ago

I have a Geforce GT 8600 XFX, never thought I will someone with a weaker GPU than mine.

7 years ago

I think Final Fantasy XV will be on PC in the future.

7 years ago

Buy games for you PC, but if you want those PS4 games and can pay for it.... just go.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 months ago.

7 years ago

If you are really interested in those titles, go for it. However as others have said, if you're bored of PC games, there's a good chance you'll not really enjoy PS4 games either. Especially considering there are so many pc games and if you're bored of all pc games, there won't be any console exclusive that won't bore you. I'd recommend to take a break from gaming for a while. You'll see that once you get back into it, you can enjoy it again (I did the same with playing guitar. It looked like I hit a brick wall and didn't really enjoy it anymore. I took a break for a month and now I really like it again).

7 years ago

Yes, and you could make ps4gifts.com ! (but too late, domain taken already !)

7 years ago

If you have the money, why not? Go for it! Have fun!

7 years ago

buy it later when it's ps3 level cheap, I'll get it too to play thesame games as you +bloodborne and infamous second son

7 years ago

Hell yeah I think that you have to find your genre with all platform
So you need a adventure about PS or Xbox

7 years ago

Start actually playing games instead of card farming.

7 years ago

You shud consider Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone too

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Care to explain?

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Buy a DS4 controller, connect your PC to the TV/buy a steam link and pretend youa re playing PS4 pro

7 years ago

1st world problems

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago

If you want to play the exclusives, buy the console. Just because you have a PC doesn't mean you aren't not allowed to play (and enjoy) console games. Or vise versa.

I keep a console for sports games, which either aren't made for PC or, frankly, aren't very good. And I need to upgrade from my PS3, since the sports titles such an old console are basically just $60 roster updates for the previous year.

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by jatan11t.