Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

captain marvel, what a disappointment.
still not as bad as iron man 3... but it was so boring and then all the action happened and all her powers developed in the last 15 minutes.

terrible script. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

5 years ago

Aquaman. Actually not only pretty decent for a superhero movie, but also well developed and written. With a few hints to the previous film (the infamous justice league) and 99.99% focused on the individual superhero. It's quite long but I was so enterteined they flew. Action scenes both "normal" and "underwater" were very well edited.

Spiderman into the spiderverse. Terrific, great, fun, sensitive, colourful... Probably the best spiderman movie in years.

5 years ago

The 51st State. Terrible film but hilariously terrible, properly gloriously stupid. English actors that can't do English accents, Samuel L Jackson in a kilt, Meatloaf, Jim Royle and Sinbad from fucking Brookside.

Really quite something.

5 years ago

The ballad of Buster Scruggs Lots of nostalgia for the Wild West here. The Coen brothers did a good job.
Willie Watson & Tim Blake Nelson singing that song is one of many memorable moments.

5 years ago

The midnight meat train. 2008.

I'm just watching random horror movies I missed before.

5 years ago

Blue is the Warmest Colour.

Was an interesting love story.

5 years ago

On Tv: Happy Gilmore
In the theatre: Fantastic Beasts 1. I don't go to the movies very often.

5 years ago

Just last month, The Wandering Earth

5 years ago

Spiderman Into The Spiderverse. And it was raaaaad.

I'm also planning to watch Life of Brian and The Meaning of Life sometime later

5 years ago

5 years ago

Gone Girl (2014)... Wow, holy shit, what a movie!

5 years ago

Oh yeah, Gone Girl was a thrilling experience. Totally loved the movie. And Im not much for movies under drama title..

If you like suspense I would suggest watching Nocturnal Animals as well. That one really takes the cake as thriller.

4 years ago

Thank you. I'll sure give it a watch.

4 years ago

Finally got to see Aquaman.
Went in with low expectations and I was not disappointed. Character was given powers he was never supposed to have originally. Weak character development. Predictable actions and story. The only redeeming feature it had was the visual effects.

Other than that, a solid 2/10. Would NOT recommend.

5 years ago

Aquaman
it's not good, but it is entertaining. It feels short for its length. but the fact is, bringing a creative director did bring new life to Aquaman and DC movies in general but in no way changes how poor the scripts have been thus far.
I really like James Wan and hopefully he marks a changing point, to the dull DC formula along with movies like Shazam, wonderwoman(first half).
The fights are dynamic and well choreographed, the movie doesn't have a consistent tone, but it works well and references its source material.
half serious, a bit cheesy, some neat horror sequences because James Wan is a horror director.
But yeah, it had no impact on me. It cares very little about building any character other than Aquaman, it in fact goes to the list of movies that completely wastes Willem Dafoe, he might as well been a cameo rather than a poorly developed Petyr Baelish they trew in. in some scenes he looks in front completly clueless of whats going on, because CGI.
the lack of good characters is most noticeable with its main villain and the Undersea War, as i was more interest in Aquaman rematch than i was with the hilarious and massive war going on.
Where Orm and that earth dude(forgot his name, he has a cool helmet) fit within the villain type is pretty obvious, its just that they have barely any backstory or progression to their character.
Orm is a mad king, he is presented as such the first time we see him, and as much as the movie insists he has a sad backstory being raised by insane father, he might just share the same traits, and thats all he is.
6/10
Bumblebee
Its Iron giant with a dash of E.T. saying this is better than Michael BayΒ΄s Tranformers is low praise. And yet, its even worse.
In gamerΒ΄s terms, Spielberg ordered to slap a DLC skin over Iron Giant and resell it.
what is left is the soundtrack and references to Transformers, including the previous movies to which this serves as a prequel. Its really bad!
2/10
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
This was really cool. Could be even better if the previous Spider Man movie actors appeared as easter eggs.
I do have questions about Miles morales being compared to the other spider men when his universe already has a Peter Parker.
I also, would really like to see more of Spider Noir, because that might possibly be insane (the Cage-iest)
basically he was killing Nazis right at the time Hitler came to power?
And yeah...i dont care about the pig. Spider Pig is the only pig for me, in fact a regular pig that doesnt talk being bitten by a regular spider, that would be funny
8/10
Godzilla: Monster Planet
Is the first film of a Netflix trilogy, and while i didnt disliked it, i have no intentions of following what appears to be an artist pushing his own creative work through an extablished franshise. This one, not really a godzilla movie, but shares some similarities to it, though it wants to go somewhere else, which i bet the sequels will have nothing in common.
So, theres small synopse to a prequel that doesn't exist, introduces a bunch of characters, sets the story in motion.
Slow paced, keeps the monster mostly hidden, has its on big reveal, it's not satire, but it has its own space politics. Once on earth, characters spend most of their time strategizing plans, that are reduced to nothing in mere moments, like some of the tech they bring.
heh, ok i guess,after that ending and its dumb plot twist, im not really convinced.
5.5/10
Velvet Buzzsaw
It's a shallow satire,not that i want to look at it that way. For one i do prefer simple 80s horror, that's my main criticism, it's not a very good horror film.
Jordan Peele's adds much Social Satire to his work. but first and foremost, they are great horror films on their own
3/10

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

4 years ago*

I wish S. Craig Zahler would get higher recognition. Dragged Across Concrete is not yet at Tarantino level.
But he is doing great work grabbing b-movies that i love and well...Drag them across concrete.

4 years ago

Every time I see that title I think of the fight scene in A Bittersweet Life. I love the way Bone Tomahawk turned on a dime from gritty Western to full on horror. Have Brawl in Cell Block 99 waiting - maybe I will watch this week.

4 years ago

Reminds me of From dusk till dawn. I felt Brawl was closer to just exploitation, but still great. Dragged Across Concrete is an interesting mix between 90s cop buddy movies with Vigilante films like Death Wish. It was a perfect character study with some social commentary on the side.

4 years ago

Much gold is buried in exploitation films. I'll admit, I'm having trouble putting 90s cop buddy/Death Wish together with character study and social commentary, which actually makes me want to watch it.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

4 years ago

Constantine - very good

+20
This movie is undeservedly underrated!

4 years ago

Magnolia (1999), I liked it very much!

4 years ago

4 years ago

Polar (Netflix)
Mads Mikkelsen (protagonist)
Very nice one, I like the actor and the genre he played on this one so I couldn't ask for more.

4 years ago

Us (7/10)
Lupita did an amazing performance like always. The other cast member did a decent job as well, even the kids. The music was great for the most part. While Michael Abels composed a great soundtrack, the track, "I Got 5 on It" felt overused. As for the ending, it should have been left open to interpenetration. I get what Jordan Peele was going for, but the big reveal only makes the character's previous actions questionable. While I didn't feel scared or much of the horror aspects, it's still a good movie overall.

4 years ago

I think the movie underdelivered the ending.
I thoroughly enjoyed the soundtrack and the movie up the the point of culmination of story. It felt intense, scary and acting was great.
But it just ended plainly and uninterestingly.
Not to get into much detail regarding spoilers - but the twist of the story really didnt add anything to the story. It filled in about nothing. One little detail gets explained by the ending and it wouldnt have really made a difference if it wouldnt have happened. So basically it was done for the sake of having a twist.. just like one-liners one after another for Winston Duke - cheap laughs out of audience (me included), but its just so unmemorable (just like most of the characters)

Also it had really great shroud of mistery around it up to the culmination of story. After that it lost all the mistery and became a regular horror movie with thriller elements to it..

I liked the movie and I agree that it was overally good movie but it lacked decent amount of qualities to it that Id expect from modern horror movie

4 years ago

Shazam! - 7/10
A surprisingly lighthearted movie from DC Comics. I also really like how Billy is able to share his superpowers to his new siblings (especially to Freddy) - something that's incredibly rare (or maybe non-existent) for many other superhero movies. P/S: This is the first time I've heard of Shazam. Went in (the cinema) didn't expecting much and came out pretty much satisfied.

4 years ago

Anabelle (2014)
Oh, my...
Watching this movie was literally a nightmarish experience. Shallow and predictable story (whis often isn't a big deal in horror movies, but Anabelle, in quite a miserable way, trying to be something more ambitious), bland music, and really, really awful acting (especially by Annabelle Wallis). 2/10

4 years ago*

Annabelle (2014) was one of the movies we had a great laugh while watching.
Its mediocre and unmemorable movie. You could watch it 5 times and it would still mix up with all the other mediocre horror movies of this decade that tries to pull off the same recipe the conjuring pulled off and perfected over the years

4 years ago

Watched Green Book few days ago, as I try to watch the each year's Oscar winners after they are announced. It's not an outstanding movie, more of a light comedy touching upon a tough subject of racism. It's enjoyable, but probably not Oscar worthy (although it makes sense that it got an Oscar).

4 years ago

holmes and watson πŸ˜…
way better than rdj's movies, at least i can laugh a bit with this.

View attached image.
4 years ago

Into the Spider-Verse.

It was a fantastic sendoff for Stan Lee.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.