Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

5 years ago

It Follows takes the term "sexually transmitted deceases" to a whole lot of new level :D
But no, it was an intense movie with some really great scenes..

I have to add that we (my movie goer bunch of friends) laughed a lot in this movie, but it was enjoyable.

4 years ago

So I'm watching the TV series The Act, which is really good btw and I keep seeing ads for Hulu's monthly horror movie series. I had been aware of these movies in the past but all of them get very mediocre ratings, so I finally broke down and watched the most recent one I'm Just F*cking With You over the weekend. Well, it was actually kind of funny at times and I don't feel like I completely wasted my time watching but it was far from a good movie Β―\(ツ)/Β―

5 years ago

Dragon Ball Super: Broly.

Been looking forward to this one as I hear this movie is finally making Broly and Gogeta cannon. And I LOVED how the beginning showed the history of them. A bit retconned but we never really saw their history much.

Wasn't too bad. Animation was pretty good too. All in all, a good 8/10

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

Pengabdi Setan (Satan's Slave)
Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel : Lost Butterfly (ffs glad to be imported to my Country)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Captain Marvel.

Horrible movie.

4 years ago

The Favourite 9/10
Arctic 7/10 (plus a really embarrassing event with Mads Mikkelsen himself, poor guy has such pathetic fans that are only able to see Hannibal Lecter in him)
Roma 10/10 (literally one of the best movies I've ever seen)
Climax 7/10
The Delinquent Season 8/10
Apocalypse Now 10/10 (last watched it as a teen, and, well, it's still staggering)
What We Do in the Shadows 7/10 (not as hilarious as promised - or maybe there's something wrong with my sense of humour)

4 years ago*

Coherence
Interesting movie. The beginning is a bit generic and the early escalation is a bit exaggerated. But it follows up with some interesting schemes. I managed to predict most of the end though. 7/10

Upgrade
Good atmosphere and "world", several interesting or funny moments. Has a twist that I didn't see coming and that also results in some logical flaws in the plot. Still recommended. 8/10

The Return
Simple and very direct story. Exceptional movie. 7/10

4 years ago

Totally agree with "Upgrade". Interesting movie. The twist was great. Buddy of mine was nudging me to watch it for a while but trailer wasnt that promising (giving off regular revenge flick vibes). But after watching totally changed my mind and totally suggest it for others as well

4 years ago

Avengers End Game

Holy Shit / 10

4 years ago

Avengers endgame xD, (not gonna say my opinion atm because it can influence others since it's a new one)

4 years ago

https://trakt.tv/movies/escape-room-2019 this. not bad but not "wow" either

4 years ago

Lots of Avengers movies incoming, I've seen it too, be careful to not get it spoiled people if you intend seeing it soon.

4 years ago

Avengers Endgame.

EPIC! EPIC! EPIC!

SO amazing. SO funny at times. SO heart wrenching at times too.

20/10

4 years ago

+1!!!!! This movie was fantastic! i enjoyed every minute.

4 years ago

Avengers Endgame.
I'm original. :)

4 years ago

Another normie watched Avengers endgame
i had planned sharing my opinion but a massive headache prevents me from even looking at the screen. basically every nerd and geek had either a reservation or arrived an hour early, leaving me too close to the screen.

here's a question: where you are from,do people clap at the screen?

Score: On the ass scale its a total Cap

4 years ago*

View attached image.
4 years ago

many memorable quotes, im surprised by the lack of references so far

4 years ago

here's a question: where you are from,do people clap at the screen?

they come from planet overhype 🀷

View attached image.
4 years ago

Chicagoan here, I expected people would clap and scream/shout comments during the movie since that's what happened during my Infinity War experience.

Tried out Dolby Cinema which is all reserved seats and cost more than regular tickets hoping that would filter the casual viewer. One person tried to clap but stopped in the first or second clap when they realized no one followed suit. People did clap after the movie though.

4 years ago

4 years ago

About a year ago, my lady and I flew to Vancouver, and I was planning on working on some projects on my laptop (namely, teaching myself DOSBox). So, the TSA stole (not confiscated) my laptop, and I was left with nothing, but it turns out that the flight had this cool movie streaming service (I call it Jetflix), and I watched 2 movies back to back on the way over. The latter of the 2 was Ready Player One, but since I'm pretending that didn't happen, I'm going to say Disobedience, which was a film about the taboo of homosexuality within the Jewish community. It was pretty good, but I live for this sort of thing, because that's part of the stereotype that I portray, so your mileage may vary. If this sort of thing affects your decision in any way, there was a sex scene, but only one, and... well, I giggled a little, but it wasn't "SCISSOR ME TIMBERS" awkward.

4 years ago

Nice to see you mention Disobedience here! Had the biggest crush on Rachel Weisz in The Mummy movies, so finding out that she was going to play in a LGBT+ movie was :) (awesome). I put off watching it though, but maybe it's time to give it a try...

The latter of the 2 was Ready Player One, but since I'm pretending that didn't happen

Also, lol!^ It looks amazing visually, but yeah, heard some bad things about this one...

4 years ago*

Well, when you watch Disobedience, grab yourself a pillow or something, because the ending will likely make you want to hit things. As for Ready Player One, it's visually par for the course with the CG (I'm big on flashy visual effects, and there was nothing all that out of the ordinary here), but its biggest problem is that it was billed as a movie about video games. In something like that, you'd expect a lot of references to old video games, new video games, or SOMETHING, right? Well, it was more like "Let's see how many '80s pop culture references and Universal movie nods we can hamfist into this." There's a small indie film called Press Start that came out over a decade ago that does a remarkably better job with this concept, because Ready Player One made it painfully obvious that Spielberg has never played a video game before.

4 years ago

Oh no.. oh gosh.. It is so typical to not have happy endings for the ladies in LGBT+ movies πŸ’”And damn, that is ironic then. I didn't know Ready Player One is like that! That would be disappointing to those who expected a video game world (which is what the trailers pretty much showed it off as).

Thank you though for sharing your two cents on these movies :)

4 years ago

endgame was ok. super predictable as expected of course, because hollywood can't deliver anything different.
i was surprised with infinity, but i knew they would mess it up - mini spoiler? aka, roll everything back

4 years ago

i really enjoyed the movie. is there a single movie or series which is not predictable? basically everything has been done before and i just try to enjoy it if not every move of the movie is already known. i loved how everything unfolded and the comedy and dramatic parts where really good. the main thing with quantum vortexes and time things were already told in ant-man and the wasp so this was intentionally shown, nothing there to predict if they already told it.

4 years ago

is there a single movie or series which is not predictable?

they broke a lot of cliches with infinity, especially with the ending. but of course, they couldn't keep them for the next movie, because, happy-hollywoodβ„’.

4 years ago

I can see that as a problem. Endgame is a love letter to the MCU and its filled with enough fan service to satisfy the most hardcore fans. Thats just how they decided to end the series
it does, however, change the main conflict 10min in,but then they do it anyway.it didn't bother me.

captain marvel bothers me.Endgame doubled down on this character and it wants you to know that.but the fact that she is so poorly integrated in the Avengers points towards them being wrong.

4 years ago

The Favourite - not your typical mustypiece theatre style period piece. Three women, one of them is Queen Anne, embroiled in a three way power struggle and a very uneasy love triangle, get up to all kinds of shenanigans and bad behaviors some of which ultimately steer the course of 18th British history and politics.

Woman on the Run - Recently rediscovered and restored film noir that fell through the cracks back in its day. Stylish, hard boiled with lots of snappy dialogue much of it ad lib by the principals, it also boasts some really fine black and white photography and San Francisco locales. An independent production in time where such things were very rare in the industry, it was supposed to be Ann Sheridan's comeback movie. She's terrific, but it just wasn't meant to be.

4 years ago

Broken Blossoms (1919), directed by D.W. Griffith (the one who directed Birth of a Nation). A silent film that has a white man in yellowface playing a lonely, depressed Chinese immigrant in London who becomes infatuated with a neglected 15 year old girl. I'm writing a thesis on the history of Hollywood's portrayal of the Chinese in film, and this was a prime early example of stereotypical "tragic love stories" of an Asian man and a white woman that end poorly and violently. Also, stereotypes. Really potent stereotypes.

4 years ago

Here's another, also silent, Mister Wu, and the wonderful Picadilly
I could never get through Broken Blossoms. As much as I like the actors, I just couldn't buy Barthlemess as Chinese - maybe I've seen him in too many other movies. Chaney, on the other hand, could sell any role.
One more, because it's a favorite. The Bitter Tea of General Yen - Chinese warlord and Christian missionary - good stuff.
You probably already know about these. If so, sorry. I couldn't resist. It's not often that I get to talk about silent movies :)

4 years ago

Do you think it (Barthlemess) had something to do with the fact that it was literally a white man that just squinted a lot?

Also, Bitter Tea is on my to-watch list :D

4 years ago

Barthlemess was a good actor, but playing an Asian, especially in a silent movie where there's no dialogue to help create a character is a pretty hard sell. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Nils Asther's performance, but he also had the advantage of a speaking role. I'm interested in what you think of it.

4 years ago

"Marley". Worth to watch!

4 years ago

Didnt see anyone commenting about Pet Cemetery yet. No one saw it yet ? What where thoughts of you guys about it ? BTW FOR THE SAKE OF IT dont watch the trailer. it basically shows the whole plot of movie to you on a plate. I went to cinema without seeing the trailer and was glad I didnt see it

I liked it and I would like to watch it again. Felt predictable and that took off some of the mistery out of it. Some scenes where out right dumb and illogical. What really put me off was the usual use of jump scares and not enough building up actual suspense. Aside from that it still felt finely written and interestingly executed
It kind of failed to show the mental side of characters. The emotional development of certain characters that shall remain nameless for the sake of spoilers. Knowing Stephen King the book probably portrayed that much better and I will probably pick it up and read it.

4 years ago

Another remake that nobody wanted or needed.

4 years ago

Didnt even knew it already was made..

But I have to disagree. Times change and qualities we look for in a movies change. Im fairly young person and I would say I rarely like old movies because I have been spoiled by new technology. The older movies, in spite of having huge ratings, feel bland to me. Well, I have to agree - I highly value good visuals in movies so my stance is kind of set. And older movies usually have ridiculous acting and not that fairly thought out writing, they rarely can keep the suspense up to intrigue me.
Dont get me wrong - I love many classic movies. Mentioning Shining - I enjoyed it and its almost 40 years old.. So it totally depends on the movie for me

So I appreciate a good remake if its done well and I would say this one is fairly good.

But got to watch the older one anyway. I hope I enjoy it

4 years ago

I watch a lot of old movies (and new ones too) and I'd be the first to admit that there's just as many crappy old movies as crappy new ones. Original Pet Sematery is a good example of that. Giving King control of the script - he really is not good at them on his own - and a weak director(Mary Lamert is no Kubrick, or Reiner or Darabont) is a recipe for mediocrity, if not disaster. So yeah, this one absolutely could've used a remake. Thanks for the spoiler warning - I'll probably give this one a try.

You probably won't. But I hope you give Misery a shot if you haven't seen it yet.

4 years ago*

I think you totally nailed it - There are as many crappy old movies as there are new crappy movies

Thanks for the Misery suggestion.. Thats the movie Family Guy parodied in one of their episodes. Looks interesting, going to take a look at it. ;)

4 years ago

It was such a disappointment. Somehow... a lot of unfocused buildup on multiple characters and yet somehow the ending felt so, so rushed. The movie really could have used an extra 20-30 minutes, it went way fast after a certain point IMO.

4 years ago

Avengers: Endgame (5.5/10)
Movie is not well paced. The first 2 hours consists of mourning and jokes which fell mostly flat. The climax while fun to watch, is just fan service and predictable. Visuals and music was pretty good, acting was decent except for some minor characters. Infinity War felt like the better movie pacing and writing wise. Thanos felt more like a threat and the ending was more emotionally impactful. Don't want to spoil too much so I'll leave it at that.

4 years ago

I agree. Endgame was too predictable, I knew exactly what was going to happen before I saw the movie (and I never read a Marvel comic in my life). Infinity War's ending was unexpected and shocking. I still think that it was a good movie, but it wasn't as good as Infinity War.

4 years ago

I'm but a simple man, I loved it a lot. Though I only wanted to have some superhero fun, and I usually love characters more than actual plot that moves forward, could watch Endgame's or GoT's cast just having fun in day to day situations while story doesn't matter. So I guess I would love them as sitcoms.
While your 5.5 feels a bit harsh imo, would meet you at-around 7/10. Really fun movie, but (as kind of expected) most of it fanservice. Top tier, great quality, finger-licking, but fan service. not the titty one

4 years ago

Cold Pursuit πŸ‘

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.