Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Red Shoes (1948)

British drama film. It's a great movie, but considering that it's by Powell & Pressburger that's not that much of a surprise. And they were working with Jack Cardiff again, one of the best cinematographers of all time. Great cast as well (Moira Shearer, Marius Goring, Adolf Wohlbrück and more). Not my favourite movie by Powell & Pressburger, but still something I can highly recommend!

2 years ago

Nine Days (2020)

American supernatural drama film. It's really good for what it is. Such a beautiful movie with a truly fascinating concept. Great cast as well (Winston Duke, Zazie Beetz, Benedict Wong, Tony Hale, Bill Skarsgård and more) delivering very good performances. And it's a movie that makes you think. About life, about death, and about much more. Yes, it's a slow burner but that's only a problem if you watch nothing but superhero or action stuff all day long. Overall a stunning piece of art that I can highly recommend!

2 years ago

The Last Duel - 8/10

2 years ago

The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Edition
I don't thjnk I need to say anything about this movie.

2 years ago

2 years ago

The Last Duel (2021)

American-british epic historical drama film. Very good movie! Great performances by a great cast (Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Jodie Comer, Ben Affleck, Alex Lawther and more). Interesting story based on true events. Sadly the movie wasn't marketed very well and that's the reason it kinda bombed at the box office (not because "millenials watch movies on their phones", as Ridley Scott claimed) but it deserves more attention. Recommended!

2 years ago

The Power of the Dog (2021)

New Zealand-australian-british-american-canadian western drama film. It's very good for what it is and I'm not usually a big fan of westerns. No, I don't have to say that every time I watch one, but I'm still going to. Very interesting story, great cast (Benedict Cumberbatch, Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Thomasin McKenzie and more) Very good performances, especially by Benedict Cumberbatch. Beautiful cinematography. I'm sure someone who worked on this movie will at least be nominated for an Oscar when the time comes. Maybe Cumberbatch, maybe Jane Campion who directed it. We'll see. I can recommend the movie.

2 years ago

Finch - 6/10

2 years ago

Titane (2021)

French-belgian horror sci-fi drama film. I've heard that it's good but I didn't expect it to be THIS good! Definitely one of the best movies of the year. Great performances, especially by Agathe Rousselle. Directed by Julia Ducournau who also directed Raw (2016), another movie that's not really suitable for everyone. Sadly, I can't see Titane being very well received at the Oscars (might be a bit too out there for them). Anyways, it's a really good movie and super entertaining, so just watch it if you can. Best to go in blind, like I did. Highly recommended!

2 years ago*

Otto's Eleven (2010)

German comedy film. It's a funny movie, probably only if you're german and know Otto Waalkes already, because a lot of it is based on stuff Otto did decades ago. But yeah, good cast (Otto Waalkes, Rick Kavanian, Max Giermann, Olli Dittrich, Sky du Mont and Mirco Nontschew who sadly passed away a few days ago very unexpectedly at only 52). So yeah, it's not a great movie, Otto made better movies, but it still has a lot of very funny scenes. If you're german and are as shocked as I am about Mirco Nontschew's death and want to watch a movie with him you might not have watched yet, I can recommend this.

2 years ago

Tick, Tick... Boom! (2021)

American biographical musical drama film. It's not really my genre, but for what it is, it's really good. Great performance by Andrew Garfield, I'm sure he'll get a lot of awards for it. The rest of the cast is very good too. The story, based on real events, is very good, told in a pretty interesting way. I'm not into musical theatre but I didn't even mind the songs because they were good and told a story. And as I've just read, most of the people you see in the movie are actual broadway stars. So if you're into that stuff, you might even love this movie. I'm not and I still really liked it. Can recommend!

2 years ago

Little Women - 7/10

2 years ago

The 2019 one I assume? Not Little Women (1917), Little Women (1918), Little Women (1933), Little Women (1949), Little Women (1978), Little Women (1994) or Little Women (2018), right?

2 years ago

2019 one :D

2 years ago

Thought so. :D

2 years ago

i did watch the 1994 version a few years back :D

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago*

The Night Before (2015)

American christmas comedy stoner film. It's not christmas, but it's Saint Nicholas Day, so close enough. Well, this wasn't great, but it was entertaining and funny. It's a stoner comedy, you know what to expect. If you want something dumb and funny, this is it.

2 years ago

TerrorVision (1986)

American science fiction horror comedy film. It's inherently a bad movie. It's badly acted, the story isn't very clever, it's just a dumb movie overall. But that's the fun thing about it. The bad performances are hilarious to look at, the story is fun, the movie overall is just over-the-top. It's pure '80s schlock and definitely one of those "so bad, it's good" movies. Surprisingly good visual effects for what it is on the other hand. So yeah, it's a bad movie, but in the best possible way. For that reason I can definitely recommend this movie.

2 years ago

Interstellar (2014)

"The complexities of space are on screen, but the film's message is about mankind, our planet, and the consequences of actions."... Or Nolan just combined the things he loves and is passionate about into an ODYSSEY (wink, wink), that is at some parts interesting and innovative, at some boring and in the full picture 'messy but perfect' Nolan type movie... Recommend if you like watching possible future, space, spaceships, kinda-modern tech, and human connections...

2 years ago

Kikujiro (1999)

Japanese comedy drama film. How can I describe this? It's just a beautiful road movie, elevated by a great soundtrack by the legendary Joe Hisaishi. It's heartwarming, it's funny, it's sad, it's just something you have to experience for yourself. Directed by and starring Takeshi Kitano, who's been called "the true successor" to Akira Kurosawa before, and that's high praise. And even if you don't know his countless great movies (of which this is definitely one) as a director and an actor, you might've heard of his internationally known game show Takeshi's Castle. Enough about Beat Takeshi, but yeah. This great movie is something you really have to experience. Highly recommended!

2 years ago*

Back by Midnight (2004) Rodney Dangerfield on youtube.

2 years ago

Dead Again (1991)

American neo-noir romantic thriller film. Really interesting story and a great cast (Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson, Derek Jacobi, Andy García, Robin Williams and more). And with actors this great you're bound to get great performances. Recommended!

2 years ago

Lupin (S01) 🤙

Infinite 👎

2 years ago

Shiva Baby (2020)

American-canadian comedy film. It's surprisingly good. Realistic performances by a lesser known cast. Only 78 minutes long, but every second is really captivating. I'd love to read that script! Overall it's a really good indie movie, definitely one of the best ones of 2020. Highly recommended!

2 years ago

The Green Knight (2021)

American epic medieval fantasy film. Absolutely stunning visuals, you can just skip through the movie and wherever you land would make for a great wallpaper. It's definitely not an epic for no reason. I can see why people might think this is boring, there's not that much actually happening. But if you enjoyed A24 movies in the past you'll enjoy this one too. If you want to watch a movie more for it's visual beauty than for a rich story, I can definitely recommend this. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have no story at all, but it's told at a slower pace. So again, this might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I can still recommend it.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

The Big Short (2015)

American biographical comedy-drama film. Rewatched this yesterday. Still very good!

2 years ago

Belfast (2021)

Irish-british coming of age comedy-drama film. Great movie! Sir Kenneth Branagh describes it as his "most personal film" and you can really feel that while watching. Great performances by a great cast as well. Ciarán Hinds was so good for example. He reminded me of my own grandpa and how much I miss him just being around. Well, anyway. This movie is definitely something I can see earning lots of nominations and maybe a few wins at the Oscars, considering it's already pretty successfull at other film awards. So yeah, highly recommended!

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.