Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Thesis or in spanish, Tesis from 1996 - 10/10

It's a thriller about a girl film student who is doing a thesis about violence in the media, while doing reasearch she undercovers that in her own university there's a snuff movies production going on by kidnapping and murdering girls.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Finally got the chance to watch Maggie... a different, but heart wrenching take on the zombie genre. Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger (yep, you read that right!), and Abigail Breslin.

2 years ago

Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)

American supernatural comedy film. Watched this yesterday on the big screen and surprisingly... it was really good! It's definitely a worthy third entry in the Ghostbusters franchise (yes, we're ignoring the parody from 2016). It has great new characters, great old characters (yes, the guys are back and so is Gozer the Gozerian!), a great story and a brilliant tribute to the late Harold Ramis. On the Ghostbusters to no Ghostbusters scale I established yesterday this is like an 8.5 and that's more than I expected. The actors are very good. For example Mckenna Grace playing Phoebe Spengler, that's just exactly how I'd imagine Egon Spengler's granddaughter to be. Man, Harold Ramis would be proud. The movie itself also obviously hits you with nostalgia but it doesn't solely rely on that. Overall I can say that I really enjoyed it, it's one of the most fun new movies I've seen this year. Highly recommended!

2 years ago

Citizen Kane - 7/10

2 years ago

Return of the Hero (2018)

French belgian comedy film. Good movie! It's set in 1809 in France. Captain Neuville (Jean Dujardin) is called to the front right after proposing to his fiancé-to-be (Noémie Merlant). Time passes and he doesn't send any letters to her, so her sister (Mélanie Laurent) starts to write letters on his behalf to cheer her up. But everything changes when Captain Neuville returns. Very entertaining. Can recommended!

2 years ago

2 years ago

No Time to Die - 6/10

2 years ago

The Harder They Fall (2021)

American Revisionist Western film. This is genuinely a good western and as I've mentioned a few times before, I'm not a huge fan of westerns. But after this I realized. I'm not "not a fan of westerns", I'm just not a fan of most traditional westerns. Westerns like this I actually enjoy. Great cast (Idris Elba, Zazie Beetz, Regina King, Jonathan Majors, Lakeith Stanfield, Delroy Lindo and more) and a great plot too and while not being based on real events, the characters are based on real people who were interesting in their own right. I can recommend this very much!

2 years ago*

Judas and the Black Messiah - 7/10

2 years ago

Batman: Soul of the Dragon - 7/10

2 years ago

Wrong Turn 👍

2 years ago

Taken 👍

2 years ago

Die Büchse der Pandora (1929)

German silent drama film. It's a really good movie. It's about Lulu (played by Louise Brooks), a free-spirited and sexually-promiscuous young woman. I'm not gonna tell you more, because despite being almost 100 years old I still feel like this isn't as widely known as it should be. The movie was very controversial when it came out, with the free-spiritedness of the main character and an important supporting character being a lesbian. In the 1950's the movie was rediscovered and has been considered as one of the greatest movies of its time since then. In 2009 Hugh Hefner (of all people) funded a restoration of this movie, because almost immediately after the original release it was censored and re-edited into something barely resembling the original. And that restoration is the one I just watched on Amazon Prime (made from three different copies of the movie but being as close to the original as possible) so I can only judge this one but yeah, it's really good and I can definitely recommend it!

2 years ago

Venom: Let There Be Carnage - 6/10

2 years ago

The Vikings (1958)

American epic historical fiction swashbuckling film. Good movie. Very interesting story about vikings. Great cast (Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis, Ernest Borgnine, Janet Leigh and more). Overall a very entertaining movie.

2 years ago

Possession (1981)

Really good, although I was pretty confused most of the time. It's one of those.

2 years ago

976-EVIL (1988)

American horror film. The concept of this movie is pretty good and the message, although somewhat hidden, is good as well. But that's about it, sadly they didn't manage to execute it well. It's not totally bad, it's still somewhat entertaining and watchable enough, but don't expect something great.

2 years ago

Faults (2014)

American psychological thriller dark comedy film. It's good, especially the last ~30 minutes. Not my favourite Riley Stearns (much preferred his 2019 movie The Art of Self-Defense and I'm looking forward to Dual, which should come out this year or early 2022) but this was still worth the watch. Might not be for everyone, though.

2 years ago

Murder Mystery (2019)

American comedy mystery film. Rewatched this yesterday. Still the best murder mystery of 2019 when it comes to the whodunnit part. Yes, better than Knives Out. Here it's not as clear from the beginning who actually did it. Everyone involved could be it and at one point or another in the movie you actually suspect every one of them. In Knives Out you suspect one person from the beginning and as it turns out, it's actually them. Not as good. The surrounding plot is not as good with this one as it is with Knives Out but if you actually wanna watch a movie for the murder mystery part, this one is it.

2 years ago

Juno.

Wanted to be happy, then sad, then happy, then sad, then happy. Worked well.

2 years ago

Matinee (1993)

American period comedy film. Usually I don't watch a movie this early, but it's my dad's 60th birthday today and the rest of the day I don't have any time for a movie. It's a tribute to creature features of the 50s and 60s and it's about as cheesy but fun and entertaining as those were. So if you like those you'll definitely enjoy this one too. Definitely recommended!

2 years ago

Masters of the Universe Revelations part 2.

DAMN that was good! And they definitely left it open for a season 2, maybe bringing back the classic She Ra.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Freaks – Du bist eine von uns/Freaks: You're One of Us (2020)

German superhero film. Good peformances, the movie overall is decent for what it is, but nothing you haven't seen yet. Can't really recommend.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.