Here we go, I'll start.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2010) - This movie is a joke. At first it's interesting, then it's boring and then it's just funny/pathetic. And they put it in a "horror" genre. Words are not sufficient. Nosferatu is turning in his grave. 3/10

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

House of Gucci (2021)

American biographical crime drama film. Watched this at the cinema yesterday. It's really good! Stunning performances by a great cast (Lady Gaga in what might just be her best performance yet, Adam Driver, Al Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Jared Leto, Salma Hayek and more), fascinating story, beautiful cinematography. I'm sure it'll earn lots of nominations and I can even see it win some categories at the Oscars. A few acting nods, makeup for Jared Leto's look alone, set design is also something I can see. All around a great movie about something I wasn't familiar with personally but I enjoyed learning about it through this movie. If you can catch it on the big screen, do so! Highly recommended.

2 years ago

Doctor X (1932)

American pre-Code mystery horror film. The movie was shot in Technicolor Process 3, which wasn't able to show blue, so a lot of atmospheric lighting is either green or red. This colour version was only distributed to major cities, smaller cities and foreign markets only got a black and white version of it. I watched the colour one and it's definitely a unique look. And now about the movie itself. It's pre-Code, which means it's more ? with stuff like refernces to cannibalism, which would be unthinkable under the Hays Code. The characters were interesting and so was the story. Overall entertaining and very good for what it is. Can recommend.

2 years ago

Psych 3: This is Gus.

It was OK, not their best but it´s always fun to watch them.

2 years ago

The Return Of Doctor X (1939)

American science fiction horror film. Despite supposedly being a sequel to Doctor X (1932), which I watched yesterday, they're actually unrelated. This one references the other one a few times but also this one's about synthetic blood and the other one was about synthetic flesh. Humphrey Bogart is playing the main antagonist in this movie. He reportedly hated the movie and I can see why he wouldn't fondly remember this movie. It was the only science fiction or horror movie he made and it's just not on par with his other work. But apart from that the movie is actually entertaining albeit cheesy. So if you ever wanted to see Bogart in a role that should've actually been played by Karloff (and he looks the part) this is it. The themes are still kinda similar so I'd say it still makes sense to watch both of these movies together, even if they don't explicitly belong together.

2 years ago

Squid game
Just watched, 6/10. Overrated, hyped, for "average netflix viewer".
Witcher 2 season is coming, idk. Hype again, i think will be better than 1.

2 years ago

Brick (2005)

American neo-noir mystery thriller film. The story is very good, but the setting is weird. It's like a hardboiled detective thriller but the characters are all high-school students. Nonetheless the cast delivers great performances. It's Rian Johnson's directorial debut and it's definitely good for what it is.

2 years ago

2 years ago

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

American superhero film. Watched this at the cinema yesterday and let me tell you... nothing about it because I don't want to spoil anything. But damn. Watch it.

2 years ago

Titane
very nice movie about a girl who loves cars

2 years ago

CODA (2021)

Canadian-french-american coming-of-age comedy-drama film. Ruby is a Child Of Deaf Adults. Her family is in the fishing business, the thing she loves most is singing, but they don't understand why. Now she has to choose between going to music school or helping her family. It's a beautiful movie. Great performances, especially by Emilia Jones in the lead and Troy Kotsur as her father. If you want to watch a heartwarming family story I can highly recommend this!

2 years ago

The Exorcist.

View attached image.
2 years ago

Holler(2020)-6/10

Funny Face(2020)-7/10

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Looks like you were on a little "The Ballad of" journey there. :D

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

The Addams Family 2 - 5/10

2 years ago

Psychokinesis (2018)

South Korean superhero film. It's a good movie. It focuses more on social commentary while having one guy with supernatural abilities. Very good effects, I assume they used a lot of wirework. Overall it's not great or groundbreaking but it's South Korea's first superhero movie and for that it's good! Can recommend (if you want a more grounded superhero movie).

2 years ago

The Mitchells vs the Machines - 6/10

2 years ago

The Humans (2021)

American drama film. Some of you might know how much I love single-location movies and this is one of them. It's a personal drama about, well... humans. It also has a few atmospheric, tense, scary moments, so you could say it's a drama film with horror elements. I wish it would've leaned more into the horror, the last 10 minutes were by far the best thing about this. But the director of this movie adapted it from his own Tony-winning play, so it's not like you can change anything. Good performances, especially by Richard Jenkins and Jayne Houdyshell (who plays the same part in the play and in this movie), but also a surprisingly okay one by Amy Schumer. The screenplay is very good. Overall it's definitely not for everyone, because it is fairly slow, but if you like that, go for it. Recommended!

2 years ago

Finch (2021)

Great movie with a very small cast. I really like how it doesn't try to tell more than it needs to. Recommended.

2 years ago

I Care a Lot (2020)

American black comedy thriller film. Rewatched this yesterday, still very good.

2 years ago

King Richard (2021)

American biographical drama film. I'm not really a fan of sports movies and I'm not into tennis at all but this was still very good. So motivational. You really can do anything if you just want it hard enough. I obviously heard of Venus and Serena Williams before, but watching this made me realize just how great they and iconic they actually are. And we'll have to keep an eye on the careers of the two young girls who played Venus (Saniyya Sidney) and Serena (Demi Singleton). They're only 14 and 15 years old respectively but I can see a bright future ahead for them. This movie exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended!

2 years ago

The Book of Life - 8/10

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Spree (2020)

American comedy horror film. It feels pretty original and new. A young guy is obsessed with becoming a social media star. He's been doing Youtube (or whatever their version of that is) for a long time but hasn't seen any success yet. He's also a Spree driver (their version of Uber). And now he has an idea. He installs multiple cameras in his car and begins a new livestream titled "The Lesson", where he instructs viewers on how to become famous on social media. And he's going to quite extreme lengths just to get that attention he craves so much. The setting is very (I think the least negative word I could use here is) modern. You couldn't make a movie like this even just 5 years ago. Joe Keery delivers a great performance as the main character. For what it is, the movie is good and definitely unique enough to warrant a viewing.

2 years ago*

The Matrix (1999)

American science fiction action film. I'm gonna see The Matrix Resurrections at the cinema tomorrow so I thought I'd refresh my memory and revisit the franchise. Haven't watched the movies in a while. So... what is there to say about The Matrix that hasn't already been said? It's iconic, definitely well earned its placed in cinema history and in popular culture. Just a great sci-fi movie and so influential. I mean the phrase "glitch in the matrix" is in our normal vocabulary nowadays but it comes from this movie.

2 years ago

The Animatrix (2003)

American-japanese adult animated science fiction anthology film. Haven't watched this one before, despite owning the DVD boxset that includes the trilogy, this one and tons of extras. The animation is different in each short in this anthology, which I like a lot. But the main thing here is the story. Because moreso than just a great movie The Matrix was an amazing concept and if you wanted more, this definitely explores it. Overall I think if you were/are really into The Matrix and you're looking for more lore behind it, this is something you should watch. Otherwise I think it's not really that essential. You'll understand the other movies without watching this one.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.