ā˜ž Purchase the FEBRUARY 2018 Monthly Bundle! ā˜œ

A curated bundle of games sent to your inbox every month. When you subscribe, you'll immediately receive Sid Meierā€™s CivilizationĀ® VI + 2 DLC packs with more to come and enjoy 10% off in the Humble Store!

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

Subscribe before the FIRST FRIDAY OF FEBRUARY (2nd FEBRUARY) for $12* to receive the FEBRUARY bundle

• Note: Some people may have 10% off coupons for NEW subscribers for the monthly bundle. These coupons will apply to your purchase, and you will pay $10.80 instead of $12.

• If you are a recurring subscriber, you will be AUTOCHARGED ON JANUARY 26th, 2018

• NEW!!! Share your Humble Store discount with a friend!: When you share your discount, you and your friend will receive 10% off Humble Store purchases.

Also, it's too late to buy the January Monthly Bundle. You will therefore NOT receive that bundle by purchasing this one!

Limited time offer: If you subscribe or upgrade to an annual plan until 2 February 9:59 AM Pacific Time you will receive $20 Humble Wallet Credit.

Customers who have previously received Humble Wallet funds for subscribing as part of another promotion are ineligible.

Notice: āš ļø Region lock āš ļø

Sid Meierā€™s CivilizationĀ® VI is region locked:

The DLCs are ROW.
A very detailed explanation about region locks can be found here.

Games:

Pay early and get Sid Meierā€™s CivilizationĀ® VI + 2 DLC packs

Owlboy has been added now to the Early unlocks

Game Ratings Cards Bundled Retail Price
Sid Meierā€™s CivilizationĀ® VI 70% of 26,423 reviews ā¤ 0 $59.99
Civilization VI - Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack (DLC) 39% of 580 reviews (Base game has cards) 0 $4.99
Civilization VI - Vikings Scenario Pack (DLC) 9% of 842 reviews (Base game has cards) 0 $4.99
Owlboy 92% of 2,024 reviews ā¤ 1 $24.99
Life is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) 96% of 106,912 reviews ā¤ 0 $19.99
Tacoma 88% of 873 reviews ā¤ 0 $19.99
Black The Fall 78% of 126 reviews ā¤ 0 $14.99
Snake Pass 88% of 477 reviews ā¤ 0 $19.99
The Norwood Suite 94% of 67 reviews - 0 $9.99
  • a coupon for 10% off Humble Store purchases for you and a friend

Chart created with Lex's SG Chart Maker

Humble original: Fortune-499

Fortune-499 is a game about money and magic. You play a fortune teller working in the magical resources department of a large corporation. You engage in day-to-day office activities such as forwarding emails, attending meetings, fighting back hordes of monsters, and dealing with printer jams. With some tricky magic up your sleeve and your job on the line, it's up to you to build a future out of the hand you've been dealt.

Note about referrals:

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
You can disable referral links from your settings panel:
https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/referrals

Read Rachel's detailed Q+A to these Humble Monthlies! Also, read HB's FAQ!

Are you interested in knowing other ongoing bundles? Feel free to check out the new master thread!

NB: SUBSCRIBE BEFORE 10 AM PDT, 2nd FEBRUARY!

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is it that time of the month yet?

View Results
Not even last month's unlocks tempted me to subscribe, but CIV VI is too good to skip.
Last month IGN convinced me to subscribe, I'll give one them more chance this month and we'll see about next month.
I've been a subscriber for a long time, gonna go with the flow and buy 1 more month.
I'll think about this for a few weeks. Can't rush into decisions.
Last month I still paid, but this month I decided to pause my subscription.
First announced Monthly of the year doesn't look so promising... I'm not spending my money on it.
I don't have a subscription and I'm still not tempted to subscribe.
I pray that this bundle doesn't provide DLCs without the base game.
My new year's resolution is 3840Ɨ2160.

Per the Humble Bundle website, this month is worth over $100 - with Civilization VI being $60 and the two DLC $5 each, that's not much left for the later reveals

6 years ago

All of them HB Monthlys have a starting value of +$100. January was $199.92, December $149.92, November $204.94.
The highest vaule yet was August 2017 $262.88. The lowest was November 2016 $114.93.

I think that most would agree that August 2016 was the worst bundle.

View attached image.
6 years ago

August is not even close to being the worst lol did you forget about December 2017

6 years ago

It wasn't that bad. Though, everyone expects AAA games.

6 years ago

I'm pretty sure August advertised over $240 woth of games.

I don't recall initially only saying $100+

6 years ago

WTF?

I bought bundle in EU (annual sub) but when i check region locks i see "its not available" in.. and i see lot of EU countries... whats dat?
i see DE,FR, SK, PL, IT... all these are EU (and also many more other countries) .. lot of more than is on steamdb
full list: https://pastebin.com/42XRYkmn ... 144 countries, rlly? Whats my game then
i also see not available in CZ and am from CZ and bought from CZ xD

6 years ago*

Ask HB to change it, I had same problem, but they fixed that fast

6 years ago

I don't know why Humble Bundle is messing everything up this time! It's making it's own region locks and this is very irritating.

6 years ago

Can someone tell me clearly to which Category does a a key bought in republic of Korea belong to? I can't see it in Asian category!

6 years ago

Daily reminder that SG isn't your personal key reselling support site.

6 years ago

appreciate

6 years ago

Same <3

6 years ago

good deal to begin with, but for myself it would only be worth it if all DLC are in it

6 years ago

Skip for me. Don't like Civs so much. Hope the other unlocks won't be awesome and I find my self banging my head for not buying it!

6 years ago

I wouldn't believe it but Civ6 is REALLY that bad.
Can I have my 12$ back :(

6 years ago

Yes you can, ask Humble to refund you. But don't forget you might have used your only refund chance.

You should've pirated it first man to try it before buying.

6 years ago

Who plays Civ games and expect to have a good time with just the first expansion?

6 years ago

Goes for most strategy games that get expansions, doesn't it?

6 years ago

I'd subscribe just because of the Australia DLC, but I'm working on paying off a new computer so that isn't the best idea right now!

6 years ago

I accept this as gift. Kisses.

6 years ago

Loved Civ IV and V, may as well stay subscribed ;)

6 years ago

Hey there!
I'm kinda new to humble, I didn't even know some of their games had region locks. Anyway, I want to subscribe to this monthly but I'll gift Civ 6 for someone who lives in USA, I'm in Brazil, if I use a VPN when I buy it, will I get the NA-locked version? Has anyone tested it it yet? Also, is there any place where I can see if the game is region locked before buying?

6 years ago*

There's no way to know in advance what games will be region locked. You can surely look up on SteamDB what kind of locks exist for each game, but you still won't know how Humble decides to give to their customers. For a game that has the classic RU/CIS / EU / BR etc locks, they might as well decide to give out ROW keys instead. Although in practice this doesn't really happen, since giving out region-locked keys prevents people from buying these bundles in high quantity for reselling them on the grey market.

For this specific bundle, you can get a NA key only if you buy it from USA. It's up to you if you ask your friend to do do the purchase or VPN yourself to USA. Because of this mess of region locks, a lot of people choose to buy via VPN, with all the risks involved (payment data sent via VPN, consequences on your HB account). Just note that if you buy a yearly plan with VPN for example, you will get ALL the bundles from that plan with potentially USA locked games.

Some other games in this bundle (bought in the USA) could be locked to not activate in Brazil.

6 years ago

I am trying this in previous monthly, but still received region locked version, so ur need new payment method

6 years ago

Key regions are based on the region the payment comes from. You cannot mask it with a VPN, only with a virtual bank card.

6 years ago

Thanks. So much trouble for this. I never used such a thing, is there any website where I can get a virtual pre-paid US card, with any amount I want? Like a gift credit card?

6 years ago

I only knew of EntroPay, but apparently there are a few similar services:
https://tech-vise.com/vise-review-best-virtual-debit-cards/
Keep in mind that while these virtual cards are legal, making purchases through these services carry a fee.

6 years ago

"Key regions are based on the region the payment comes from. You cannot mask it with a VPN, only with a virtual bank card." I didn't know this! Are you sure Talgaby?

6 years ago

It has been tested quite a few times by many people. Last time I checked, this was the agreed-upon result.

6 years ago

Does it depend ONLY on Ip address of Payment method or Humble also? (I mean the IP from where you bought the bundle.)

6 years ago

Payment address is the address on the card you make the payment with. Or the one PayPal reports as your country.

6 years ago

Oh..ok. Thanks a lot for reply. As I had posted above few days back but noone replied, do you know what kind of region lock does a Korean copy of CIv VI has?

6 years ago

Should be Asia-locked.
What constitutes as an Asian country for them, beats me.

6 years ago

Hmm..HB is very weird. If it was asia locked, it should have been included in that list. Anyways I'll make a ticket and ask them.

6 years ago

I am a little bit late but I really really don't that is the case for 2 reasons:

1. I bought the last monthly with a Slovenian PayPal and a German IP -> got the low violence version of Sleeping Dogs Germans got (luckly HB support replaced it with a full version when contacted)
  2. I don't remember what the bundles was called but it had some weird stuff with Dead Rising that you wouldn't get one of them if you were German. My boyfriend bought it with a Romanian VPN and a German PayPal and got all of the keys, no weird region locks.
6 years ago

The interesting thing is that I started to give this answer once others confirmed that VPNs did not work and they got the region-locked keys according to their payment address.
Now, it seems the opposite is true.
I am getting confused. x_x

6 years ago

The changed how it works I guess? (Seems weird that when would, region locking to payment address makes a lot more sense). How long ago did people confirm that? Because the Dead Rising bundle was sometime in the summer.

6 years ago

When was the first Codemasters bundle that had locks, a year and a half ago, maybe? Around then. Had a round before that, when the publishers supplying Nuuvem cracked down on all the international buyers and started to give as much LATAM and BR locked keys to them as possible, and Nuuvem also trying to close itself from overseas buyers.

6 years ago

alternatively, find someone in a ROW region, send them the funds, have them buy a one-month subscription as a gift and have them send the gift to you

6 years ago

Thanks for the help guys.

6 years ago

I'm seriously considering going for Tier 3 of their National Parks Bundle. Yes, it's not video games, but it looks great!

6 years ago

Just my opinion :P

View attached image.
6 years ago

Owlboy Unlocked early!!!!
This just became a must buy!!!

6 years ago

Or are they just that desperate?

6 years ago

Possible. But for $12, this is daytime robbery ;)

6 years ago

Thank you for the news! I updated the chart.

6 years ago

is it row at least ?

6 years ago

Haven't bought the bundle yet... Will share the region info when I do.

6 years ago

There are no region locked subscriptions for Owlboy.

6 years ago

Well, Sweet! I was disappointed I missed it in its last bundle, but I'm glad I waited.

6 years ago

Interesting, that's already been in a humble bundle before.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

6 years ago

Well, it's a good game (From videos atleast)

6 years ago

They seem desperate but Owlboy is one hell of a good game!

6 years ago

Looks much like it, the more I think about.
Good for the buyers though.

6 years ago

Extremely good for the buyers :3

6 years ago

Seeing another game was added made me excited.. Then I saw its a pixel graphic game :/ Not really a fan of these games.. Civilization VI is really desired game for me.. But Owlboy as unlock too just means less games for my style in the actual reveal.. Cant decide now..

Maybe Owlboy would be worth a try even if im not fan of pixel graphic games..

6 years ago

Never judge whether or not you will like a game by it's graphics, judge it by its genre. If you don't like 2D platformers, then you probobly won't like Owlboy.

6 years ago

ehh, thats the thing.. Generally I wouldnt say I like platformers. But I do find enjoyable ones now and then..
And thats where uncertainty comes to me :D anyway.. Just got to make up my mind.. Owlboy probably wont be a deal breaker nor deal maker in this case.. :D Thanks for input :)

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

hmm, thanks for opinion :) Doesnt matter to me if a game is easy, as long as its got great story. Might be worth a try afterall.

6 years ago

You more than likely will be able to sell it, and the bundle includes DRM-free version of it as well, giving quite a wriggling room at how to deal with the situation :)

6 years ago

Speaking as someone who's more interested in the story (and not terribly good at platformers), This is exactly the review I was looking for. Thank you.

6 years ago

Downloading Owlboy now, had this one in my wishlist for a while now!

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Hmm usually its a monthly we see rebundled later in a Tier 2 or 3. This time it is the opposite with Owlboy being a former Tier 3.

6 years ago

Yeah, that's a bit worrying.

6 years ago

Owlboy is a nice game, I enjoeyed playing it except for the optional cannon part. I wonder why they unlocked it already, probably this monthly didn't do well, but I highly doubt it.

6 years ago

i like hentai and im scared of gay people

6 years ago

like their raw power scares me

6 years ago

I like gay people and I'm scared of hentai. Your raw power scares me.

6 years ago

Another unlock a week before deadline.
This not just smells but reeks of desperation. =/

6 years ago

Or maybe, now that IGN is involved, they are experimenting with new approaches. It doesn't necessarily mean desperation, rather, they finally have marketing people who are willing to experiment. I know if I was running Humble, I would be switching things up exactly like this to test people's reactions and to see if a variance in how the games are revealed changes anything. This lets you know that someone is actually doing their job instead of just coasting on past success.

6 years ago

My thoughts exactly, experiments can be useful - even if they lose now and then, they can gain in the long run. If revealing a new game now means a surge of new subscribers, then that's pretty valuable data for the spreadsheets.

6 years ago

TBH this move just worked on me (ā–°Ė˜ā—”Ė˜ā–°)

6 years ago

IGN has been involved for quite some time, and despite this running gag, there have been no signs of IGN actually doing anything regarding the workings of Humble.

6 years ago

In any event, the experimentation, whether it is internal Humble directed or IGN-influenced, is what is to be expected.

Whoever is making the decisions is doing exactly what they are supposed to do.

6 years ago

At least front page was definitely ruined

6 years ago

Or they just didn't get enough sales this time? Civilization VI is more or less niche after all, plus it's a strategy and got only "Mostly Positive" on Steam.

6 years ago

I was thinking the same thing, but honestly I'm glad they did. I already own Civ 6, but have wanted owlboy for a while, so this just got a lot better for me.

6 years ago

I can't subscribe to it without connecting my paypal to a credit card that I don't own, so that would be NOPE.

6 years ago

buy a one month subscription as a gift and gift it to yourself

6 years ago

I've tried that already and it still doesn't work. (Please add a card to complete your purchase.)

6 years ago

I don't know if it's the same in Poland but in Austria you can avoid having to link your credit card by linking your bank account.

6 years ago

My bank account has been linked for ages. I contacted HB and they said the issue is on paypal side and they can't do anything about it.

It's weird for me because I was able to sub to HB using my paypal before. (to get Total War: Warhammer and Stellaris)

6 years ago

Is your paypal balance high enough, you might have to transfer some into it first.

6 years ago

I have 21$ after paypal conversion.

6 years ago

Owlboy unlocked in the Humble Monthly Bundle

6 years ago

I remember when they said that monthly will be a collection of nonbundled games, at least not bundled by HB. Well, civ6 was nice, worth alone the 11usd and i expecting rest of the games will be crap, but at least unbundled crap! Well, i hope there will be at least 1 more cool game in it.

6 years ago

Bump for the inability to look a few threads down ;-;

View attached image.
6 years ago

This just became a must buy for me

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.