UK: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/product/435313/holiday-surprise-box-2016 £5 = 6€
AU: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/au/product/435318/holiday-surprise-box-2016 $A9 = 6.4€
EU: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/435323/holiday-surprise-box-2016 6.5€
NA: https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/435312/holiday-surprise-box-2016-pc-download $10 = 9.5€

LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII

GOETIA [PC DOWNLOAD]

LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER [PC DOWNLOAD]

LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2 [PC DOWNLOAD]

HITMAN INTRO PACK [PC DOWNLOAD]

HITMAN GO: DEFINITIVE EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD]

TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD [PC DOWNLOAD]

20% Off Next Purchase (Digital Catalog Games Only, exclude Preorder) - (usable 1 time)

50% Off HITMAN Upgrade Pack [PC Download] - (usable 1 time) <-- -75% at gamestop for Full Pack and Upgrade Pack

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/hitman-upgrade-pack/128559
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/hitman-full-experience/123742

According to my sources, EU might work as guest checkout. But there's no guarantees.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Supports reply was the most generic awful response ever. Just repeated that the codes would be distributed on the 20th without acknowledging my question about the reveal. Sent a second email...

7 years ago

You could just wait, obviously they don't intend to reveal till then

7 years ago

I'm obviously waiting...i wasn't bothered per se, but I wanted to know so I wasn't waiting around for an announcement that was never coming.

Theres a difference between being genuinely angry and just wanting to know.

7 years ago

Okay, the "they told me they would be revealed tomorrow, I'm gonna send them another ticket" seemed to indicate more anger. Or atleast it looked like that to me.

7 years ago

I just wanted to know when i was going to get the reveal as the deadline had passed and i was waiting. There's a difference between asking for info and complaining.

Saying "when is it?" And "this is a disgrace i demand it!" Are very different. But misconstruing that is an easy mistake to make.

7 years ago

Their promotional banner says:
"The contents of this exclusive deal will be announced and delivered AFTER 2PM GMT on Tuesday 12/20/2016". The EU store page still says: "The 7 awesome games will be revealed shortly after midday GMT on December 19th".

They're taking their time to determine what games to give depending on their sales thus far so it'll take a bit until they're done.

View attached image.
7 years ago

IMHO people are overreacting just a bit. -_-

7 years ago

Don't worry, it's just the NMS-effect.

7 years ago

What's another day of wait? No need to be in a hurry. Everyone will see what's hiding behind the mystery in a day or so :).

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

lol

7 years ago

Exactly.
Still not as much fun as the fellow who wanted to sue them last year.

7 years ago

To be honest SE has some shady business practices not fully explained beforehand. That aside, a trial based on that is a bit far- fetched, although somehow funny to think about.

7 years ago

Its not a problem, just not what was advertised.

7 years ago

I honestly wouldn't care, provided that the games within the package are actually good enough.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

7 years ago

Beautiful.

7 years ago

5/7

7 years ago

Lol, great way to sum up most of the reactions.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

Bahh, they don't reveal the games for another day, but you can't buy anymore!

Makes no sense to me........

Wanted to grab a box, but was home half an hour too late......

7 years ago

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix EU Online Store Support.

Yes, the games should be revealed today. Please, check from time to time the confirmation page and your e-mail, in case you receive a notification.

In case you have further issues please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best,
Jane

Email for reference.

7 years ago*

Did they really say that?

7 years ago

Yes, if it helps I'll upload the email.

7 years ago

thanks, Wallister!

7 years ago

You're welcome!

7 years ago

any luck?

7 years ago

Niiice, let's hope the "should" turns into a "will".
I predict:
Thief (the pack that has 3 games (at least here they sell it on retail with 3 games)
Hitman Intro Pack
Life is Strange
Lightning Returns
And then we could have I am Setsuna or DQ: Heroes

7 years ago

I love the idea of DQ:Heroes, I think I Am Setsuna is out of the pricing bracket though unfortunately.

7 years ago

Yeah, probably
Still, would be very happy with DQ: Heroes I loved the Journey of the Cursed King on the PS2

7 years ago

I'd say "please no" to Life is Strange :')

7 years ago

id want x/x-2 remaster the recent putting it on sale is on par with the recent square enix sale for lightning returns

7 years ago

I am Setsuna would be so amazing, but i think they are not giving this. maybe Lightning Returns and i think there will be a GO Version for Lara Croft or Deux Ex or Hitman and maybe Goetia

7 years ago

Thx I hope for something "Surprise"

7 years ago

InB4 Support didn't get info they will be not announced today :D

I remember how that happened with R*, whwn Support said "yes, GTA5 on PC in 2015" then day later "fuck you PC, console heists are priority, wait some more".

7 years ago

I'll leave this here as testament to the poor communication support can often give! :3 poor lass probably wanted to get back to her Christmas shopping.

7 years ago

I'm just going to pretend Squeenix outsource their customer support to Australia and leave it at that.

7 years ago

People seem to have confused genuine annoyance with just wanting to know what is going on. I found it funny like you did rather than be annoyed in any way!

7 years ago

I'm too late...

7 years ago

for what

7 years ago

For the bundle, of course. It's no longer available.

7 years ago

Damn, I was going to get this and now it's no longer availble. FML, I thought this was a Christmas box. It's still end of the week till Xmas, and now it's Monday :(

7 years ago

oh thats a pity you didn't got one :(

7 years ago

Thanks for the sentiments :D

7 years ago

If I get any games I own I'll let you know in case you want some :3

7 years ago

Jaye, you're so nice all the time <3

View attached image.
7 years ago

ITS A TRAP!

7 years ago

DON'T TELL HER

7 years ago*

I've seen that ^^

7 years ago

Seen what? D:

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

No its nothing on my part! It would be made for a giveaway or something! I'd rather someone I know and like would get it <3

7 years ago

Save the regrets until they reveal the content. Who knows, you might actually be happy you missed it.

7 years ago

If you won't like it you can refund it, at least in EU

7 years ago

I'll be sure to try that if I don't like it.

7 years ago

yes, but i think they make nice Games in it and if not we always can gift it. it's christmas :)

7 years ago

Well, I hope the bundle is shit then ;P
Actually I don't <3 Good luck to those who got it!

7 years ago

As long as it has the Life is Strange Complete season I'll be happy even if the other 6 games are trade fodder. I just hope there is a trade market for the Hitman Intro pack, since I think there is a very high probability that it will be in the box.

7 years ago

Unfortunately I couldn't wait and got LiS a while ago but I got bored at some point and didn't finish it. I might give it another try these days. Its core concept is pretty great.

7 years ago

There was a pricebug for LiS (1 euro) so i guess it will be in a box for sure

7 years ago

Wanna bet?

7 years ago

In general these so called "price bugs" are actually marketing campaigns that get deducted from the marketing budget. They're a lot more effective in bringing traffic than paid advertising because they get viral almost instantly.

7 years ago

Well i bought LiS because of it so it worked :P Also i think you had to have first episode bought(not free version)

7 years ago

That makes no sense at all... You are devaluating your game and feeding grey market

7 years ago

I'm not sure what you are referring to. I'm not "devaluating" anything. I simply explained a widely used marketing technique.
Also I don't see how I am "feeding grey market". Care to elaborate?

7 years ago

I was using "you" as "the publishers" (the publishers are devaluating their game and feeding grey market). If the publishers do that on purpose they are stupid. Where did you read about that widely used marketing technique?

7 years ago

Oh, I understand now.
Actually no, they aren't stupid. Think about it. You come to their store for that €1 deal. While there you might see something else that fancy you. You can call this strategy an incentive for you to buy something else as well. These "bugs" came in limited supply, just enough for the word to spread. This technique is also applied during the Black Friday sales up to the point that some stores have made a tradition out of it and there are many users that hunt for these intentional "errors".
At the end of the day they make a lot more money than they lose so from an economical standpoint this strategy is extremely efficient.

7 years ago

Well I suck at marketing and I just have no idea about it, but it still sounds strange to me. "While there you might see something else that fancy you"; do you mean while they are on Steam? :S And I doubt 11 bits studios closed Games Republic after the glitch incident if it was "on purpose" (but well, there is the store who set the prices, not the publishers).

It could make sense in some restricted scenario with very limited units tho. But not in the key scenario.

7 years ago*

I think the GR one was genuine. I was not necessarily referring to Steam or any other platform in particular. This is a technique that is also successfully applied to physical sales as well. Also, no matter how much traffic you have you'll always want more. The purpose for each business is to make profit, lots of it.

More often than not mistakes are intentional for reasons that might not be so obvious at first sight. That's also the beauty of it. Some other times they are genuine and have serious consequences.

Just to give you an example, during the SE summer sale, the Kane & Lynch Collection was available for just 1 Euro on SE's store. This attracted a massive amount of traffic that generated lots of additional sales. Some people got it for 1 Euro so they told others as well and the traffic increased. Once the first batch of keys was sold, they increased the price to 2.5 Euro and then even more. This is a regular practice in their store and they gradually increase their prices as traffic comes in.

7 years ago

Even more. You pay just one euro or dollar... whatever. Then you realize that you still have some money, and see those other fancies you talked about, and your buying appetite is already high enough to think "why not?!"

7 years ago

Prices in steam are set by publishers, not by valve.
Why are the publishers going to want to increase steam traffic, devaluate their game, and feed the grey market?
Isn't it just an excuse to make you feel better for taking advantage of those glitches?

7 years ago

he is talking about Square Enix store.

7 years ago

When Square Enix store had a glitch? Life is Strange was 1e on Steam

7 years ago

Feel free to believe wtv you want. It's holiday season, you can even believe in Santa if you want. I'm not judging you so please don't make assumptions about me. You asked about it and I explained you the marketing principles behind even though I didn't have to, yet you keep asking the same questions and you reply to me with "Isn't it just an excuse to make you feel better for taking advantage of those glitches?". I find your reply rather rude.

7 years ago

lol I didn't reply to you, I replied UnhappyRaver

7 years ago

There's no reason to do that on Steam Sales tho, everyone is coming anyway.

If only to see how bad deals are :)

7 years ago

+1 for the season pass ^^

7 years ago

Well, I am certain I will give away one copy of the bundle to certain people with blue hearts. Something to look forward to then, I hope :)

7 years ago

Thas relly nice of u

7 years ago

Damn nice bud.

7 years ago

Awww, friggin kind, Dainsleif.
<3

7 years ago

I think they'll announce the games that are in this box via the humble square enix bundle 3 lol.

7 years ago

Sure, shitty games tier 1, cool games 10$ tier 2, wanted game 25$ tier 3

7 years ago

Shit,it's gone.

7 years ago

any news?

7 years ago

The site clearly says keys will be delivered tomorrow , 1 PM.

7 years ago

Delivered yes, but "revealed shortly after midday GMT on December 19th."

7 years ago

Exactly

7 years ago

Oh. Well, that's a nice surprise. Not so much for a few people, of course.

7 years ago

it says ANNOUNCED AND DELIVERED in the image.

7 years ago

The confusion is that the EU site says:

"The 7 awesome games will be revealed shortly after midday GMT on December 19th."

7 years ago

I think it's an honest mistake that they've corrected with the image, it can happen.

7 years ago

Can't wait for the games to be revealed and to be mad with myself for not buying it. Again.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

Can't wait for the games to be revealed and to be mad with myself for buying it.

7 years ago

Can't wait for the games to be revealed and to request a refund.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

I just can't wait.

View attached image.
7 years ago

I'm on the edge

7 years ago

I can't wait for the Square Enix Humble Bundle tomorrow...

7 years ago

Girl, who are you and what did you do to our Gameboydeer???
o.O

7 years ago

I think I offered some sort of rambling explanation for that here. Also I now have some elitist Hitman giveaways up if you are still after those. More to follow.

7 years ago

http://puu.sh/sV4bK/34f8c7cf2a.png
"UPON PURCHASE"
so gimme mah damn keys !!

7 years ago

FF X HD Remaster pls :3

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

+∞
FFIX would be cool too.

7 years ago

hmmm well my email said the 20'th - and being in AU and bought from the AU site I expected my keys this morning, it is the 20th here already - has been for almost 1/2 the day... - it's almost lunch on the 20th today and I'm still waiting... :/

7 years ago

"After 12pm GMT."
The GMT is important there. It's not even the 20th in GMT time yet. You'll be getting them after 11pm your time, if my calculations are correct.

7 years ago

I always wonder why people expect midnight online releases... when there are TIMEZONES.

7 years ago

Perhaps because if I buy an item from an AUSTRALIAN based shop - Like https://store.eu.square-enix.com/au/product/435318/holiday-surprise-box-2016 - which has an AUSTRALIAN DNS, and they send me an Email With a receipt dated the day I actually bought it and they tell me it would be on a certain date that they are using, I EXPECT it to be accurate. I guess it's like me saying I'll sell you a game this tomorrow.... and I might get around to sending in it 7 or 8 years - would you be ok with that?

7 years ago

If I buy from an European store or developer and they give a release date... I still never expect a midnight release.

7 years ago

I am Setsuna
Dragon Quest Heroes
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy XIII LR
Final Fantasy VII
Just Cause 3

^ confirmed by illuminati

7 years ago

That's only six games though. I called the Illuminati HQ and talked to their CEO, and he confirmed the last missing one will be Rise of the Tomb Raider.

7 years ago

looks like you got a good wire to the Illu-HQ - and there i thought
it would be HITMAN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

7 years ago

+1 rise of the tomb raider here we come!!!!!!!

7 years ago

Damn it, you got me there :P

7 years ago

:D if i hadn't shitposted and bought the cat bag bundle i'd be getting a "frighten" too

View attached image.
7 years ago

Damn I missed that one... and I have also missed the previous one with the Sleeping Dogs inside...

7 years ago

Code Distribution Period: 20/12/2016 from noon GMT

7 years ago

So things go as usual, package will launch, and within 2 weeks they'll make a bundle out of it on HB as well? :D

7 years ago

Considering this only cost me USD 6.50, its not gonna be any cheaper in the humble bundle anyway.

7 years ago

How did you get it so cheap? It cost me USD 6.52! I feel ripped off :(

7 years ago

You feel ripped off due to 2 cents?

7 years ago

I feel violated by Square Enix's inhumane mistreatment of me :[

7 years ago

Hype is growing.

7 years ago

When You have to snap the highest Tier @HB with a higher price from this box only for the most highest priced game

ah, I'm sorry for saying this

7 years ago

I am Setsuna
FFX/X-2 HD
FF Type-0
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Hitman 2016 complete first season

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Would you like fries with that ?

7 years ago

Yes please, fries would be delicious! :D

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago

While we're dreaming, let's ask for a PC version of FF XV while we're at it! Yes, they decided to unveil a PC version of FF XV in their random gift box.

7 years ago

Well, it certainly would make for quite the surprise [box] !

7 years ago*

anyone have any data

7 years ago

Yes, it's a mystery box with 7 games from Square Enix

7 years ago

and for steam.

7 years ago

And soon will be revealed the games

7 years ago

"soon"¬¬

7 years ago

what time is it?

7 years ago

7am EST, so the keys should come in about 10 hours

7 years ago

They should reveal the games when they start sending the codes, in about 9 hours and a half, hopefully

7 years ago

Oh boy, oh boy, can't wait for it.

7 years ago

Round two! :3 2 hours approx. Until they release! Hype!

7 years ago

Choo choo!

View attached image.
7 years ago

Inb4 that hype turns into Rage ^

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.