Hi SG,

It's time for some holiday cheer! Our gift box event is back once again for 2021. New for this year is the "Like Design" button as explained further below.

https://www.steamgifts.com/happy-holidays

How it works

1. Creating a gift box and giveaway

• To setup a giveaway, use the link above and click "Create a Holiday Giveaway".
    • The giveaway will start immediately and end on December 25.
    • The giveaway will be available to the entire community, although region and contributor level restrictions can still be configured.
    • The giveaway will appear as invite only on your profile and not be visible throughout the site.
    • Once created, you'll see your gift box in the link above and users will have a chance to open it to access the giveaway.
    • Please ensure your gift box design is appropriate for all ages and respectful of others in the community. Inappropriate designs will need to be removed along with the corresponding giveaway.
    • DLC and no CV games (those marked with a double asterisk in the giveaway list) cannot be given away in the event.
  2. Liking gift boxes

• When you're viewing a gift box and you're a fan of the design, show your appreciation by clicking the "Like Design" button. You also have the option to browse all of the gift box designs you liked or view the most liked gift boxes in the community. Remember, the button is for liking the design of the box and not for rating the game inside.
    • If you're the creator of a box you'll see the number of likes your design received instead of the button.
  3. Peeking in gift boxes

• You can peek in 10 gift boxes each day.
    • When you peek in a gift box, you'll see a random number of games (2-4) and one of them is contained within the gift box. You can use this information to help decide whether or not you want to open the gift box.
  4. Opening gift boxes

• You can open 5 gift boxes each day until December 25.
    • When you open a gift box, you unlock the giveaway link and are able to enter the giveaway. Unlocked gift boxes are highlighted in green on the holiday page above, and you can freely revisit those gift boxes and giveaways.
    • You will see a notification if you cannot open a gift box. This could happen when the giveaway contained within is region restricted, when you do not meet the contributor level requirements, when you already own the game, when you have previously won the game, or when you have been blacklisted by the giveaway creator.
    • You cannot join a giveaway by only having the direct link. If you did not open the corresponding gift box, but received the link from someone else, you will see an error when attempting to view the giveaway.

No spoilers. Please do not share what games you found when opening or peeking inside of a gift box.

Happy holidays!

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

If possible remove all package id's from being available to create as presents, so people don't click to open something they already have and in turn waste 1 out of the 5 presents they had for absolutely no reason other than "it happens".

2 years ago

Can we get the option to manually hide individual boxes?

2 years ago

If there is a moderator/admin on Imgur checking accounts for their uploads. They'd probably think I'm just uploading random crap... Not that they're completely wrong.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

You are missing it. The very first one is from cg (hope it's okay to spoiler that).

2 years ago

Pretty sure it's not a spoiler since it's always the case.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

this is great! i love peeking/opening & creating these, thank you!

2 years ago

A shame that the inside faces of the box aren't rendered. I was trying a thing with one transparent side, so that it creates a nice effect when looking inside. Didn't work. ^^

2 years ago

Thanks for this event!
suggest for next years :
minimum value of games , for example a minimal of 5P
3 days in a row I peek or open 2P cheap games
Its christmas so make decent gifts and keep cheap games for regular creating GAs

2 years ago

It's Christmas, why excluding poor people?

2 years ago

This exactly!

Christmas is not the time to be picky and ungrateful for the gifts you receive.
Or make people feel bad about themselves because their gift is not good enough for you.

2 years ago

Hiro je comprends ta réaction mais je n'ai jamais suggéré d'exclure les pauvres. Si c'était le cas il aurait fallu me signaler. Ce qui est triste dans ton message c'est que tu sous-entends que ce sont des pauvres qui créent des GAs bon marché, idée que je n'aurais jamais osé émettre. Qu'est ce qui te permet d'affirmer cela? Je crois que c'est un amalgame (surement involontairement insultant) Des pauvres j'en ai cotoyé et j'en cotoie toujours, et d'expérience je peux dire que ce ne sont pas les plus radins. De toute façon ceux là n'ont même pas de pc et ne connaissent pas les jeux videos. Leur seul souci c'est régler les factures. Je ne vais pas dire que c'est chercher à manger, car en France on a la chance d'avoir les épiceries solidaires, les ccas, les assos pour que le frigo reste pas vide.
L'idée c'est d'avoir des cadeaux intéressants avec une valeur minimum. Et je pensais le dire sans jugement ni provocation.
Tous les ans nous effectuons une collecte de jouets pour les restos du coeur (redistribués à des enfants de milieux modestes) et nous demandons aux participants des jouets d'une valeur minimum de 10€. Penses-tu que cela est discriminant? Que le diable se cache derrière l'intention? N'y vois tu pas au contraire une forme de respect? SG n'est il pas par essence une chance pour ceux qui n'ont pas trop d'argent? Ai je suggéré d'interdire de créer des GA bon marché? Non, simplement les basculer en mode régulier afin de valoriser l'évenement. Sinon c'est une restriction de plus comme une autre dans la mesure où nous ne pouvons ouvrir que 5 cadeaux par jour, ça oblige à faire le tri et renoncer à s'inscrire (perso je ne m'inscris pas si le jeu ne m'intéresse pas et cette parenthèse me permettra de répondre ensuite à la personne qui fait le même amalgame et en plus me fait passer pour un enfant gâté sans me connaitre (c' est sans doute ça l'esprit de noel)
Une autre idée serait que la taille des boites dépende de la valeur du jeu ça serait moins imprévisible et ça éviterait que des personnes y décèlent l'intention peu louable que vous déplorez (cf exclure certaines personnes)
Notons enfin que le lvl est lui même discriminant (un nouvel arrivant est exclu pour les lvl2+ et n'a que 3 semaines pour grimper -là les pauvres dont vous vous faites les défenseurs sont mis à l'écart-)

2 years ago*

Pour ma part, l'événement est un bonus qui se traduit par la création de boites, peu importe le contenu et sa valeur.
Et au contraire, si on cherche un GA précis et notamment une valeur précise, on a les GA régulières.
Et oui, le level dont tu parles à la fin exclut les personnes d'entrer (je ne m'en cache pas, je fais des GA restrictifs), mais je n'exclus pas les gens d'en créer.
C'est juste mon opinion.
Il n'y a pas d'amalgame, c'était juste de la curiosité.
Merci pour ton point de vue.

2 years ago*

merci à toi de donner le tien et pardon si j'ai pu offenser qui que ce soit (je ne t'attaquais nullement en parlant de niveau, moi même j'en ai créé un 2+)
bonnes fêtes de fin d'année!

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Installing GIMP

It's go time lads

A tip to anyone who doesn't know, you can do some neat tricks with transparency

2 years ago

Give it your best shot! I have no knowledge of image/photo editing or digital drawing, but might give it a go, or use my usual crappy lazy bum linking to some vague game-related pictures...

2 years ago

This is a really neat event. Thanks to everyone whose creating a giveaway!

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

The people that make Gunslinger Gifts right when its given away for free. Big sheeesh

2 years ago

why does hidden games appear on available list? :(

2 years ago

From last year:

Peeking. Last year users could hide gift boxes for games they filtered on SteamGifts. This created a bit of an unfair advantage since users that decided to hide thousands of games on our site were now only left with the best gift boxes to unlock. This year filters are not applied and instead we introduced a new peeking feature to keep things more fair for everyone taking part in the event.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/95B6E/holiday-event-2020

2 years ago

So how do I know if I win a giveaway after opening a box and entering? How long is the wait?

2 years ago

till the giveaway ends of course it tells you but for giveaways including in this it's 25th

2 years ago

Nice event, i might throw a few too :)

2 years ago

Am I missing something here? Aside from the mystery boxes, how is this event actually different than a regular giveaway? It still costs SP to enter the giveaway after opening a box. What is the point of this event other than adding unecessary mystery with boxes. The only difference I can tell is that you don't know what the giveaway is until you open a box. I don't see the point.

2 years ago

It's Christmas. You could just give people things, but isn't it much nicer to have them wrapped up nicely?

Also:

View attached image.
2 years ago

OMG, I know what's in the box !!!! :D
Lemme show you... clicky clicky

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

Not the video I expected, but makes more sense now I check who linked the clicky clicky :D

2 years ago

What can I say? I kinda like cats. Sorta.

Aaaaaaand as far as I'm concerned, that would have been the purrfect ending. :3

2 years ago

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Aside from what eeev mentioned, you might see more unbundled games being given away than usual in an even like this.
But yeah, you have to open those pesky boxes to know what's inside.

2 years ago

The point is you better avoid bots that sadly still plague the site

2 years ago

Its the whole package (pun intended, but it is!)
-cool and funny box designs
-the surprise
-less entries per GA then regular GAs= more chances to win

Heck even the peeking is exciting. Its like imagine if you could pick the family christmas tree, avoid a pair of socks and get the gift that was meant for your brother instead.

2 years ago

It is fun!

2 years ago

bump

2 years ago

Are flashing and flickering gifs ok? I feel like some of the recent gifts could trigger photosensitive epilepsy...

2 years ago

I wish at the end of this event we could see a list of gifts that were included (just to still our curiosity on what was available for the hunt).

2 years ago

I think the opposite.
Found some cool gifts this time around, but last time i was on a streak of odd choices for gifting to say the least (bad reviews, very niche, some nsfw wich i never like, etc)

i wouldve been very mad seeing a bunch of highly wishlisted gifts were there after the event. Salt to the wound sort of thing.

2 years ago

I can understand this sort of arguement, but wouldn't you just then ignor the post-event summery all together and be fine? I have so many little niche games wishlisted that it would be an astronomical coincidence if there were GAs for it, so I would like to know if some others have those games on the radar as well ;)

2 years ago

Good points, i forgot i could just not look lol

2 years ago

2 years ago

Thanks one year more, bump!

2 years ago

I wonder if there will be some last minute giveaways popping-up.

2 years ago

This holiday event has been a lot of fun!

2 years ago

It says no winners on my giveaway but there were over 600 entries....

2 years ago

For my giveaways i got the winners, maybe give it some time it will pick someone :)

2 years ago

Yes, it worked. Just expected it when it ended. Idk.

2 years ago

From what I remember, ended giveaways go into a queue and then the winners are selected one at a time. A few years ago the site would select winners immediately, and when lots of giveaways ended simultaneously (like with this event) it would cause the site to become unresponsive during that time. On normal days it only takes a few seconds for a winner to be selected.

2 years ago

That makes so much sense. Thank you! 🙃

Merry christmas.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.